• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230313_125543 (resized).jpg
20230313_125535 (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

Staying at a motel in Tuscon with one in lobby. Put about $20 in it last few nights. LOVE this machine and it's layout with the pop at the bottom.
My question is: how do you collect the bonus?
Had 2 spins in a row that hit 'advance bonus to 10,000' but no idea hiw to collect it.
Saucer at top?
Thanks in advance.

20230313_125535 (resized).jpg20230313_125535 (resized).jpg20230313_125543 (resized).jpg20230313_125543 (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago

Guess I need to send Odin an email.

#3 1 year ago

Bonus is collected ONLY from the Spin saucers when the spin lands in Bonus, Double Bonus or Triple Bonus.

Here's the scoop on Fan-tas-tic from my Classics Guide:

Fan-Tas-Tic [EM – Williams, 1972]

Quickie version: UTAD.

Go-to flipper: Mild bias Right.

Another UTAD game, but I’ll cover the basics. The primary feature is the under-playfield wheel, which scores the value the ball lands in when you shoot into any of the three “spin” saucers, one at the very top, the others on the mid-lower sides. The wheel values are 3000 (2 of these), bonus (2), double bonus, triple bonus, advance bonus to top (10K), open gate (ball return in right outlane), Light A&B lanes (for 3000 per shot) and three “stars” which award an extra ball when you get all three (should be off in competition).

There’s a “ball return lane” (kickback) in the left outlane that’s activated by hitting the center stand-up target.

Bonus is earned with the two small rollover disks near the top and the two side-of-center stand-up targets. Maximum base bonus is 10K. Bonus, both single, double and triple, is scored by the wheel. Bonus is not collected at the end of the ball, only from the wheel via saucer shots. Bonus resets each ball.
The game has one of those nasty center-drain bumper layouts that can eat balls often unless the bumper is very active. If the bumper is weak, try to keep the ball away from it. If the bumper is strong, try to encourage it to pop the ball back up where you can flip it away.

You can cradle balls on the flippers and should do so when possible. You can also lose the ball under the flippers if you miss-time a flip when the ball is near the bottom bumper.

Optimal strategy is just flip the ball up top all day via the A and B lanes and hope to collect bonus advances, wheel spins and the various awards therefrom, i.e. bonus collections and lighting the A and B lanes. Don’t bother shooting at the three center stand-ups, nor the two side spin saucers. All of those are too risky. I list the flippers as mild bias Right because shots up the left “A” side go up to the top saucer area, while shots up the right “B” side are fed into the top bumpers directly.

#4 1 year ago

BTW, D&D Pinball was a great arcade in downtown Tucson that was a victim of the pandemic. They used to have the state championship there.

#5 1 year ago

Well THANK YOU Bob! I appreciate the thorough response.
So when I have a bonus it can only be collected in the wheel? What do I have to land on to collect--bonus?
Again, thank you sir.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well THANK YOU Bob! I appreciate the thorough response.
So when I have a bonus it can only be collected in the wheel? What do I have to land on to collect--bonus?
Again, thank you sir.

Just get the ball on the 'Bonus', 'double bonus', etc hole on the wheel

#7 1 year ago

Man I would love to own one of these. None in the Market. Anyone have one for sale?

#8 1 year ago

You shoot the pinball into one of the "spin" saucers. The large multi-holed roulette-like under-the-playfield saucer then spins; where the small ball in that saucer lands determines your reward. Note you do not control where the roulette ball lands; it's like a regular roulette ball.

#9 1 year ago

I regret selling mine it was one of my favorite EM games to play.

#10 1 year ago

Such a unique design! It's hard keeping that ball up top.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-fan-tas-tic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.