Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5888 (resized).JPG
    29ab8624d75b6851d6549da77ad413ee_planet-of-the-apes-my-memes-planet-of-the-ape-meme_304-380 (resized).jpeg
    gluten-free (resized).png
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider traveler76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 6 years ago

I have a method with a 97% success rate. If I'm at a location (quarters, timed play, doesn't really matter) and I'd like to play a certain game, I'll hang back. If the player credits up again without checking over their shoulder, I'll ask (between plunges, so I'm not interrupting too much) "Hey there. Mind if I play next after this game?" The response is almost always "Oh, uh, sure, ok."

Most of the time it's someone who either isn't up on pinball etiquette or is sorta not paying attention to their surroundings. Once in awhile a person is just being a jerk on purpose, but I never get yelled at/cursed at, etc. Just a friendly request to play later on, after they are done. Many people are just a little clueless at times (I know I am) and this seems to go over better than saying 'its my turn to play right now' or quietly fuming until I vent out my verbal frustration.

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Hmm.. I don't think I've ever been queued on location .. nor have I queued, is that normal? Usually there's always something open to play.

True- queuing isn't super normal. Like you say, usually there is plenty to play. But sometimes you're really there to play Safecracker, but everytime you've peeked over, the same person is on it.

Also, customers of my retro arcade sometimes ask us to help them with someone who's been hogging a machine. I've tested out a number of ways to do it, but asking the variant- "Hey there. Mind if he/she plays next after this game?" seems to be the best way to ensure neither person ends up with a bruised ego =)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider traveler76.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-etiquette?tu=traveler76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.