Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5888 (resized).JPG
    29ab8624d75b6851d6549da77ad413ee_planet-of-the-apes-my-memes-planet-of-the-ape-meme_304-380 (resized).jpeg
    gluten-free (resized).png
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19 7 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I can never make myself use the buy in feature though. It feels like cheating.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I cannot believe people do this and think that it's okay in any way.

That's cause it is. Haha

Lots of games that have buy-ins have separate high score tables for buy-in scores, so I wouldn't go as far as to call it cheating. I do find it funny that though that some of the same people that would call it cheating, have their games set to award extra balls for replays, specials and at incremental point values. Somehow that's perfectly fine. For what it's worth, I keep all my games on factory settings. I like to play them how they were designed.

On location, if I am paying and I want to buy in cause I am having a killer game...I don't see a problem. Especially since I am probably using the credit I just won to buy in. In fact, the vast majority of times I ever buy in, it's because my original game took a long time and I don't want to play another full game with my won credit, so I just use it to burn it basically. At a show or at someone's house, I probably wouldn't because I would lose the opportunity to enter my high score.

#24 7 years ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Buy ins are cheating. They are just there to increase revenue.

That is interesting to me because if that is true, why do so many operators turn them off? Isn't revenue a good thing? For me personally, if I was an operator and someone wanted to give me full dollar value for a single ball, instead of a full 3 ball game...I'd give them that opportunity all day long.

#26 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they turn them off because they are pointless. Your average GP customer isn't going to understand them or use them.

I don't know the answer. If that's true though, then why bother? They don't hurt anything and they give someone who does have the knowledge of them and the desire to use them the opportunity. I honestly don't think ops are missing out on much by turning them off these days, but it just seems odd they would go out of the way to turn them off when it could be a potential revenue generator. Sure if they were off by default I can see them not enabling them. We are talking about a lot of the same ops here that can't be bothered to update code or fix their games, much less even clean a game so it seems odd they would do the extra work to disable them.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lesmanley.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-etiquette?tu=lesmanley and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.