Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5888 (resized).JPG
    29ab8624d75b6851d6549da77ad413ee_planet-of-the-apes-my-memes-planet-of-the-ape-meme_304-380 (resized).jpeg
    gluten-free (resized).png
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 7 years ago

I agree with a lot of the other people. At a location where you're actually paying for your game, I don't have a problem with buying in. At a show, on freeplay, probably best not to use the buy in. I also know there are a lot of dicks at shows. It doesn't seem very polite to me to start a four player game for one person if there's a line behind them.

I can never make myself use the buy in feature though. It feels like cheating.

#12 7 years ago

I had a guy accidently start a two player game at Louisville and he asked me to play with him. I love that cause I get to meet new people.

#35 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Nothing worse than some new machine were there is a line to play and some idiot hits 4 players just for them only. Everyone behind you freaking hates you!!!

If I'm standing behind that guy, I need to pull out my best Palpatine impression.

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I guess it depends. If i'm playing TZ and someone left the buy in on, and i'm 1 shot away from lost in the zone. I'm taking the buy in. But only if i'm super close to the ending. If i'm doing shadow and 1 away from final battle. I'd ask the person behind me, if it would be ok if I did one buy in to try and get to the ending. usually your limited to 1 buy in anyway.

That sounds reasonable. When I said it felt like cheating, I'm not trying to put down anyone that does use the buy-in feature. It was just my feelings towards myself.

9 months later
    #118 7 years ago

Thanks for the entertaining read Mr. C!

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

The most annoying thing for me in terms of pinball etiquette is people hovering over the game while you play. I was at a tournament recently where one of the participants, a 13 year old girl, sat a stool next to the game, almost leaned over over it, and literally mocked you when you drained. None of us wanted to say anything because we were from out of town and her father was running the tournament. There were others that stood very close too. It was a smaller place, but there was still enough room to give a player some room to breathe. This may be okay if you're hanging out and playing with your buddies, but certainly not a tournament setting.
    I've also had instances where I'll be playing on location and a kid will come up and literally hang on to the glass to watch me play. I'm always hesitant to say anything because I'm just practicing and in a way it helps promote the future of pinball, but it's terribly annoying.

I think the proper thing to do in the little girl situation would be to call her dad over and quietly ask him to move her away.

Otherwise do what C says and give her the finger.

2 weeks later
    #166 6 years ago

I also had an interesting situation at Allentown. I was walking through the rows and saw a Hook. I thought, "I have a Hook. I wonder what I can do to this one." So I got in line behind the guy that was playing. It was crowded on the machines on both sides but I looked around for a few seconds before easing behind the guy to wait.

Suddenly this tiny lady appears at my side. It's almost as if she's trying to get in front of me. I find these situations humorous so I just stand there in silence to see if she will say anything.

The guy in front gets done and nods to the tiny lady like he knows her but I go ahead and play. Nothing else happened but I just thought it was funny and weird she stood so uncomfortably close.

The game on Hook was interesting. I drain two balls barely getting a million. I ended up with a long ball 3 and getting a decent score. It was redeeming.

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Hmm.. I don't think I've ever been queued on location .. nor have I queued, is that normal? Usually there's always something open to play.

Location pinball is not normal around here so if I travel somewhere to play, I usually want to try everything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-etiquette?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.