Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5888 (resized).JPG
    29ab8624d75b6851d6549da77ad413ee_planet-of-the-apes-my-memes-planet-of-the-ape-meme_304-380 (resized).jpeg
    gluten-free (resized).png
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

I guess it depends. If i'm playing TZ and someone left the buy in on, and i'm 1 shot away from lost in the zone. I'm taking the buy in. But only if i'm super close to the ending. If i'm doing shadow and 1 away from final battle. I'd ask the person behind me, if it would be ok if I did one buy in to try and get to the ending. usually your limited to 1 buy in anyway.

#23 7 years ago

I agree, that's why I turn them off on my machines as well. Because when you are on the verge of the ending, it's hard to resist not hitting that buy in button.

#28 7 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think they turn them off because they are pointless. Your average GP customer isn't going to understand them or use them. Your skilled player isn't going to bother. And the person in between who wants an extra ball isn't gonna be able to shove 3 quarters in the game within the 10 seconds you are allowed anyway.
    The "buy-in model" was designed for video games that were virtually impossible to succeed at without the extra money - people paid up. Pinball, it just doesn't work.

I have to disagree. Back in the early 90's when we first got into pinball, we would use the buy in button from time to time if we were close to making something good happen. Back then it was .50 a play and 3 for a dollar, but it wasn't hard to figure out, since the screen tells you, for a credit you can continue your game. we were newbies back then and knew what it did. Also had enough time to pull it off.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-etiquette?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.