3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 180 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Gryszzz
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5888 (resized).JPG
    29ab8624d75b6851d6549da77ad413ee_planet-of-the-apes-my-memes-planet-of-the-ape-meme_304-380 (resized).jpeg
    gluten-free (resized).png
    pasted_image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 2 years ago

So instead of viewing the situation as "Wow I got to play all these awesome pinball machines by myself for hours. That was really cool and fun" you're infuriated that other people who thought it would be fun to play pinball eventually showed up a place that has pinball and started playing pinball without for even a second stopping you from playing pinball. Oh, and the place operates on a time-based, unlimited-play system such that if there were no credits on the other machines they could just use their card to add some.

#110 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mbecker:

Hmmm read thru this "conversation", and hadn't even thought of that -- good point. What's the difference if they used the credits or credited up on their own time card?

Though to be honest, we have to assume stealing credits our righteous hero had all but scammed from the arcade for himself fair and square is the only way the disgusting, ENTITLED fat people could afford to play after blowing their welfare checks on cake.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dooskie:

they were actually terrible selfish fat glutenous heathens (allegedly)

Next time he should bring a sign

gluten-free (resized).png

#119 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Thanks for the entertaining read Mr. C!

There's a lot to love. My favorite is his moral indignation at what a spoiled, entitled society we've become that people actually believe it's OK to come to an arcade and play pinball machines he isn't playing using credits he wanted to scam from the business.

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I think my favorite part of this whole thing is the amount of people I don't know and haven't really conversed much (if any) with on Pinside coming out of the woodwork to put words into my mouth. Although I feel like I've played with this Blueberry Johnson
    gentleman before....

If we do again you're welcome to any credits I leave on machines I'm not playing!

#124 2 years ago

Hostile? My goodness. Relax, friend. There's only one person WRITING FULL CAPS SENTENCES and endlessly telling people their opinions are wrong (after asking for their opinions), and it isn't me. There are, however, several responding to that one person with a few snarky comments, and I am one of them.

However, and I mean this genuinely, if such comments really upset you, I'm glad to stop making them. I have no desire to bum anyone out for something as silly as playful ribbing on a pinball message board. We've all got enough stress to deal with in life and I don't want to pile on more for something so trivial.

#147 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

First of all, I thought my original post was simply an amusing little anecdote that was something different than the "where's the code" \ "where's Lebowski" \ "your favorite pinball game sucks" \ "it's only a dollar" conversation that is so prevalent on Pinside. I was not prepared for the hostility that I was subjected to afterwards. You don't think comments like

Or

And then there's the really passive aggressive posts that you added to the thread, blueberryjohnson. Maybe you don't see them as being hostile, then perhaps you might take a step back and admit that you've really just added to the dogpile?
    There have been some snarky comments at my expense in this thread that I'm humble enough to admit I had coming, but then there's other folks that just crossed the line into being straight up mean and yeah, it's upsetting. It doesn't matter if it's "only a message board" or "only the internet", it sucks to get gang banged for sharing your opinion. And the ALL CAPS was for emphasis. I don't write entire posts with my caps lock key jammed down. That's as annoying as signing ones posts.

Thanks for letting me know. Like I said, I have no desire to upset you or anyone else on here, and I'll choose avoiding intentionally doing that over making jokes every time. I hope you have a nice night.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 8,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 23.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 24.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    £ 58.00
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.50
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider blueberryjohnson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside