You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

100_0316.JPG
100_0321.JPG
#1 10 years ago

I want to buy an LED kit for my Nascar.
Do these kits typically come with the exact amount of LEDs that you require in the correct colors?
How about flashers, are those included?
And most importantly, does it come with a map to show you where each replacement LED would go?

#2 10 years ago

my advice, make your own kit, buy what you need, colors YOU want, flashers. buy from different place, try different things

in the end it will cost you a lot less.

#3 10 years ago

I was thinking of getting it at the Allentown show. Before I owned a pin it recall vendors selling them there, but I don't want to miss some lamps and have to buy a different type of led because the color or brightness may not be the same.
Soo many lamps in these babies, if I made my own kit, I feel like I would miss some.

#4 10 years ago

+1 much cheaper to make your own and design the layout based on your liking

#5 10 years ago

You can either completely do, or come absolutely close with 152 bulbs, in a universal Starter kit for $99 with free shipping. No need for maps or instructions....red with red, blue with blue, warm white, white for yellow.
Clear inserts...your choice...not to hard to do Nascar and make it special!

http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/150-pack-starter.htm

Plenty of extra to experiment with!
Art

If you must have that kit, try Cointaker, Pinballbulbs, Nifty, Marco, Pinballcenter

#6 10 years ago

Comet is good people....buy with confidence. They also give you candy with every order. How can you go wrong.

#7 10 years ago

I usually buy a kit then change a couple here and there for personal preference. Cointaker has great kits with super customer service. They give you a checklist for the inserts but the gen illumination is up to you to figure out...which is pretty easy.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from whocanitbenow:

if I made my own kit, I feel like I would miss some.

You probably will. I made my own kit for TZ and JY (while I still had it) and documented on paper every bulb, every color etc. I still made errors. Fortunately, LEDs won't break the bank too bad.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Industen:

Cointaker has great kits

Love Melissa She is very cool. But make your own LED conversion. At lease do your own Back Box. The kits I have seen for the back box are way to bright. Way to much glare on to playfield.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from RobKnapp:

Love Melissa She is very cool. But make your own LED conversion. At lease do your own Back Box. The kits I have seen for the back box are way to bright. Way to much glare on to playfield.

NASCAR doesn't have LEDs in the backbox.

#11 10 years ago

I made my own with High Speed. In the middle of playfield there is several white inserts I used some frosted blue, as the art around that area is blue. It turned out nice and easy on the eyes. I tried cool white and warm there but to bright. Only issue is I have several LED's left over, that I may just use a a "pay it forward" to some pinsiders. May just keep'em, not sure yet.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from balselly:

You probably will. I made my own kit for TZ and JY (while I still had it) and documented on paper every bulb, every color etc. I still made errors. Fortunately, LEDs won't break the bank too bad.

This is how to do it. Make notes . Name of insert, type of socket , color of LED. flex or standard, frosted or clear. I have only bought one kit . And it was not correct. Understatement .Also if you are ordering odd colors. Teal, Cyan Turquoise ,Pink . make sure to order extras. Because the LED you bought from a company in 2009 pink for example. Will most likely look different if it needs to be replaced in 2014. Good luck and be creative and have fun. Example in photo. below. First LED conversion I ever did. I had no idea what I was doing . Just thought it out and used some imagination ( I am my biggest fan) It came out great. Only mistake I made was not ordering a style flex LED for three right angled sockets. Fix it a week later.

100_0321.JPG100_0321.JPG 100_0316.JPG100_0316.JPG
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Nascar doesn't have LEDs in the backbox.

Good point it's a STERN .

Quoted from RobKnapp:

At lease do your own Back Box. The kits I have seen for the back box are way to bright. Way to much glare on to playfield.

Still food for thought for other Pinballs. On that Note . STREN light tube is to bright. It causes to much glare as well. . Use painter tape or freezer wrap paper on the light. To reduce glare. Or get PDI glass and a glare guard.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Black Mountain, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

2,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hidden Meadows, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-buying-led-kits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.