7BC46639-0A6F-43F2-92BD-60E8A00A0D55 (resized).png
8F3869AE-2E9A-465F-A0B2-1D91602BBFC9 (resized).jpeg
522306A1-C240-4777-A966-6B9CD72FC7E6 (resized).jpeg
AFA0E570-6205-4C06-9652-386F16B69DEF (resized).jpeg
08D64E21-134E-4CBF-908B-0F7B71AE4AB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2710 (Medium) (resized).JPG
IMG_2709 (Medium) (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

I was curious if anyone who has this pin could tell me if the Mauve/Pink part of the Playfield has faded a lot on this Old Chicago that’s for sale. I realize lighting is everything and it might be hard to tell by pictures on a phone. I’d love to have this machine if it’s not a big project.

nashville.craigslist.org link

#2 4 years ago

Maybe a little ?

Doesn't look bad - https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1704

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe a little ?
Doesn't look bad - https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1704

Thanks. I thought the Playfield looked pretty decent too. Leery of doing a 3 hr drive one way for a Craigslist pin.

I’ve never played an Old Chicago but I’ve always had any eye out for one and this looks like a beautiful game with lots to do.

I need to bite the bullet and sell my Nitro Ground Shaker so I have room for another EM.

#4 4 years ago

The cabinet fades badly on Old Chicago. This one appears to be no exception.

#5 4 years ago

Old Chicago can be fairly brutal at times, its bottom plays very different than most games,
without any sling shots or return lanes and those 2 pop bumpers that often fire the ball to drain.

#6 4 years ago

Pinball pimp offers a really nice stencil kit for Old Chicago. Mine turned out great.

IMG_2709 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_2709 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_2710 (Medium) (resized).JPGIMG_2710 (Medium) (resized).JPG

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Pinball pimp offers a really nice stencil kit for Old Chicago. Mine turned out great.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great. Amazing the difference in color between yours and the one for sale. I’m assuming that’s about what yours looked like before.

Unfortunately the owner won’t return my emails asking if he could at least tell me if the machine lights up or starts.

#8 4 years ago

Probably my favorite em machine. Be patient lots come up for sale.

#9 4 years ago

Someone posted an "Old Chicago" with an alternate repainted graphics scheme. It looked great.
I believe those stencils are also available from Pinball Pimp.

#10 4 years ago

Just looked at the photos.
Yup. It's faded. The card tray is as well. Decal available from Pinball Rescue.

#11 4 years ago

Looks like they sold it this afternoon. Wasn’t looking forward to the 5 hour round trip anyway.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Just looked at the photos.
Yup. It's faded. The card tray is as well. Decal available from Pinball Rescue.

Nope. They dropped all of the Bally apron decals

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Nope. They dropped all of the Bally apron decals

Really? Why?

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Someone posted an "Old Chicago" with an alternate repainted graphics scheme. It looked great.
I believe those stencils are also available from Pinball Pimp.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-very-unique-old-chicago-new-cabinet-design

https://www.pinball-dreams.com/flipper-pinball-flipperautomaten-modding-shop/stencil-kits/stencil-kits-old-chicago-mobster.html

#15 4 years ago

Copyright.
Thank planetary pinball

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Copyright.
Thank planetary pinball

Asshats

#17 4 years ago

They own Bally too?

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

They own Bally too?

Unfortunately yes.

Rick the Prick couldn't do without the literally tens of dollars in royalties he would have gotten off Lee and Gordon. He wanted to stick his nose in further than necessary and they decided to tell him to play in traffic.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Unfortunately yes.
Rick the Prick couldn't do without the literally tens of dollars in royalties he would have gotten off Lee and Gordon. He wanted to stick his nose in further than necessary and they decided to tell him to play in traffic.

That really sucks. It's keeping us from maintaining the older games for the sake of a few dollars. Stupid!

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Copyright.
Thank planetary pinball

Yup. I am boycotting Planetary & Bay city amusements.
It was/is a dick move to enforce the tiny royalties that he would make off of these.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

It was/is a dick move to enforce the tiny royalties that he would make off of these.

Even if Scientific Games has in their agreement with him, he has to protect what he licenses from them ?

#22 4 years ago

Doing a Old Chicago now , going to use alternative Cabinet Stencils from Germany
Four colors Total ! All clear post , Leds
Game should look crazy cool

08D64E21-134E-4CBF-908B-0F7B71AE4AB9 (resized).jpeg08D64E21-134E-4CBF-908B-0F7B71AE4AB9 (resized).jpeg522306A1-C240-4777-A966-6B9CD72FC7E6 (resized).jpeg522306A1-C240-4777-A966-6B9CD72FC7E6 (resized).jpeg7BC46639-0A6F-43F2-92BD-60E8A00A0D55 (resized).png7BC46639-0A6F-43F2-92BD-60E8A00A0D55 (resized).png8F3869AE-2E9A-465F-A0B2-1D91602BBFC9 (resized).jpeg8F3869AE-2E9A-465F-A0B2-1D91602BBFC9 (resized).jpegAFA0E570-6205-4C06-9652-386F16B69DEF (resized).jpegAFA0E570-6205-4C06-9652-386F16B69DEF (resized).jpeg
#23 4 years ago

I love the alternative cab!!

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Doing a Old Chicago now , going to use alternative Cabinet Stencils from Germany
Game should look crazy cool[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Really cool

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Game should look crazy cool[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

NOS playfield? It looks UFB!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Looks great. Not a fan of LED’s in EM pins though. The fade in/out effect is gone with those. Just does not look right.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

NOS playfield? It looks UFB!

Looks like a repro based on the authorized holographic sticker.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Looks like a repro based on the authorized holographic sticker.

What company? Was not aware of anything out there on this title.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

What company? Was not aware of anything out there on this title.

CPR ran a few.

#30 4 years ago

That looks almost like an HSA playfield done before they left the business.

#31 4 years ago

CPR is going to do another run of this playfield BTW, I reached out to them about a re-run and it's in the works... asked me to contact them in a month to get an update; glad they're doing it, I can use one!

#32 4 years ago

I could use one too.
I already have the stencils from pinballpimp.
New plastic shields, bumpercap and droptargets, now for the finishing touch....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/question-about-an-old-chicago and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.