• Latest reply 7 years ago by JReedie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG0557 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

This last week my first ever pinball machine arrived and it looks fantastic! I enjoyed a few games and then decided to lift up the playfield to see the condition of everything. After lowering the playfield and starting up the machine I now have 30ish bulbs not working inside the playfield (The playing cards, Joker arrows above the cards and end of ball bonus values) I've checked the schematic and checked everything that I can think of. The bulbs are all okay as well as the fuses. Whenever I hit a playing card the machine registers it however the bulbs will not light, the same with the bonus. When a ball is lost the game adds the bonus to my score but again the bulbs will not light.
I've included a picture for reference as I 've been told it's a fairly rare machine? If somebody has any ideas I'd really appreciate it as I'm totally new to owning a pinball machine!

Thanks in advance
James

IMAG0557 (resized).jpgIMAG0557 (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from JReedie:

I've checked the schematic and checked everything that I can think of. The bulbs are all okay as well as the fuses.

This is just a guess. There must be a loose fuse or the wiring from the playfield has come loose or has been damaged. Bulbs work in other locations, right. Re check the fuse, take it out of the holder, and replace it back in, or replace it.

Could you have caused the game to tilt?

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This is just a guess. There must be a loose fuse or the wiring from the playfield has come loose or has been damaged. Bulbs work in other locations, right. Re check the fuse, take it out of the holder, and replace it back in, or replace it.
Could you have caused the game to tilt?

I've checked every fuse in the machine and they're all good and seated in the holders properly. The game plays fine besides these bulbs so as far as I know isn't tilted.

James

#4 7 years ago

I would check the play field connectors...wires the run from the play field to the bottom board inside the game. Maybe unplug and plug them back in. Also, look for a break in the ground braid(silver wire stapled to the bottom of the play field.

#5 7 years ago

Today I took out the bottom board out of the machine and took absolutely everything off of the board and indivudiually cleaned everything! Was really amazed and how dirty everything was and there were a few badly adjusted relay switches which were making questionable contact which I have now fixed. I've followed the grounding braid under the playfield as much as I can and I couldn't see anything so hopefully tomorrow when I put the machine back together after a fair amount of TLC it will work.

James

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queens-castle-1978-zaccaria-playfield-bulb-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.