(Topic ID: 83031)

Queen to go on tour in 2014!! Is there a pin to follow??

By BigB

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by BLACK_ROSE
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Is there a "Queen" pin in the near future?”

• 1. YES 1 vote
      3%
    • 2. NO 28 votes
      90%
    • 3. "The Show Must Go On".... 2 votes
      6%

(31 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

adam-lambert-dropped-from-label__oPt.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Queen just announced a North American Tour starting this summer in Chicago!! People said that this would never happen. So, do you think a "Queen" pin will follow? Please hurry with your responses!!! I'm "Under Pressure"!

#2 10 years ago

God I hope not

#3 10 years ago

+1.

#4 10 years ago

Freddie got better?

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tanner:

Freddie got better?

They are touring with Adam Lambert singing the volcals. He was a runner up on American Idol a few years ago.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from Tanner:

Freddie got better?

He reincarnated into this dude:

adam-lambert-dropped-from-label__oPt.jpgadam-lambert-dropped-from-label__oPt.jpg

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

People said that this would never happen.

and they were right! Queen died with Freddie.

#9 10 years ago

That's not Queen. It may be "Queen" but without Freddie is isn't really Queen, or worth anyone's time or money.

#10 10 years ago

What is Queen without its queen? No one has ever had a voice like that. Stupidest reunion idea ever.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from BigB:

They are touring with Adam Lambert singing the volcals

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 10 years ago

Can't decide between the Paul Rodgers LE or the Adam Lambert Premium.

#13 10 years ago

I m thinking they had performed with Paul Rodgers of Bad Company awhile back.

#14 10 years ago

Eh, Mercury was a great singer, but so many of their songs were so blasted annoying or unfit for pinball. Does anybody really want to hear something like Bicycle Race while playing pinball? Such a stupid song...

#15 10 years ago

Pass. If you lose a lead singer or 1/2 of your band its over. Unless the band is named after you (Van Halen), you cannot tour with the same name. Dio without Dio?

My favorite band is The Cars and I don't think its the same without Ben Orr.

#16 10 years ago

It would be worth seeing the show, Brian May on guitar is awesome, as is Roger Taylor and this Lambert guy does have a great vocal range and is entertaining. I've seen the original band 7 times and , no, it won't be the same without Freddie, but some people have never seen the others play and everyone in the crowd is going to be singing every song anyhow.......it'll be exciting.....I'll check it out if they come to Florida. As far as the pin goes, meh.

#17 10 years ago

They did a full tour and a whole new albumn a couple years ago with Paul Rogers who did a great Job.
    This happened already...

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

They did a full tour and a whole new albumn a couple years ago with Paul Rogers who did a great Job.
    This happened already...

Paul Rogers stopped playing with the band in 2009, so it's been awhile since they have been on tour.

#19 10 years ago

This is ridiculous as a Nirvana tour in 2014.

I love Queen but no freaking thanks. It's even worse than the last tour they did with the Bad Company guy. It's demeaning for musicians like what's left of Queen to go on tour with a talent show castoff like this kid. I heard some of the stuff they've done with him and it's awful.

#20 10 years ago

There is no Queen without Freddie. End of discussion. It would be like the Rolling Stones without Jagger. Some front men are simply irreplaceable.

#21 10 years ago

Please no !!!

#22 10 years ago
    Quoted from copperpot:

He reincarnated into this dude:

adam-lambert-dropped-from-label_... 23 KB

Aren't they making him grow a moustache?

#23 10 years ago

queen tour ? whos opening nirvana and alice in chains ? oh..wait..ugh.

#24 10 years ago

I have to admit it isn't quite totally farfetched. I saw the Doors in 2005 with Ian Astbury of the Cult filling in for the late Jim Morrison. I didn't expect to see Jim but Robby Krieger and especially Ray Manzarek were absolutely amazing, and Astbury did a decent job of channelling Jim Morrison. He treated the vocals with due reverence and did a fine job of being himself while being in the Doors. At times it was hard not to see him as himself, but during a few songs he seemed to become Morrison. It probably helped that I was a longtime fan of the Cult and had seen him several times before with the Cult.

I will never regret going. It was the one and only chance I had in my lifetime to see the Doors. With Ray now dead as well there really cannot be a third incarnation.

But I stand by my previous assertion-- Queen isn't Queen without its queen, because no one else could sing like Freddie Mercury.

#25 10 years ago
    Quoted from Voltherd:

Queen isn't Queen without its queen, because no one else could sing like Freddie Mercury.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-to-go-on-tour-in-2014-is-there-a-pin-to-follow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.