You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

You're going to get this with every music pin. No matter who made it, a Queen game would have ended up looking much the same. At the end of the day, the band and the licensors make the call on the art style, iconography and how it suits the image the band wants to project. In this case, it was everything to do with the '86 Magic Tour.

While I fundamentally agree with your point that it's hard to make an art package around a primarily audio based theme like music, I can also say the art is still sloppy and has room for improvement. I'll resurface some of my old points from last year.

nitpicks1 (resized).pngnitpicks1 (resized).pngnitpicks2 (resized).pngnitpicks2 (resized).pngnitpicks3 (resized).pngnitpicks3 (resized).png

#103 1 year ago

Yeah I get you don’t play the art. Just not much else to talk about. Plus there being some sloppiness in the playfield art makes me concerned about sloppiness in other non-art areas.

I’m really curious how the software shakes out. I’m sure it shoots just fine.

#187 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It occurred to me that even though they may be lagging on releasing a gameplay video, the game has to be ready to play by September when Cointaker has one at their tailgate party. It'll be a pretty revealing thing if there's no game ready to go by that point.

It should be revealing now considering the game was in the works years ago and was in a pop up shop about a year ago. They still don't have it to a decent enough condition to show off 5 minutes? (Granted, I'm sure that video would have to be approved in advance by Queen for promotional reasons...but come on bros, you knew this game was in the pipeline)

1 week later
#207 1 year ago

It's a fail if they don't use the shaker and knocker in time with the song "We will rock you"

1 month later
#333 1 year ago

Most interesting thing I noticed was how a lot of their ball guides are plastic bits that are RGB illuminated. Also I sorta liked the idea of the white piano drop targets with black standups behind and in between the drops. But it looks like that got replaced with the white RGB standups

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#337 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, a video featuring about 15 seconds of actual gameplay footage padded out with 90 seconds of...other stuff.
Showing them how the big boys do it!

it is how the big boys do it... Some of them don't even bother showing you 15 seconds of actual gameplay.

less is more because you don't want the reality of "oh it's just a pinball game" to sink in too soon

#339 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How is this supposed to change my life forever if it's just a pinball game?
Where's the innovation?!

Based on the Bond hype thread, seems like pinball buyers care more about innovation in lubricants

2 weeks later
#395 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha and I thought you'd be unhappy with my "snarkiness."
Queen have been barrel-scraping for 30 years now, and there simply wasn't much "unheard" Queen stuff to begin with. They would do an album, and put out the "not good enough for the album" stuff as B-Sides, and that was that. They put together an entire posthumous album in the 90s, and it really had only 2 or 3 "new" tracks - the rest of the stuff was Queen solo stuff gussied up to sound more Queenish.
If that's the best they could do 25 years ago, you know whatever "gems" they stumble upon at this point in time to tack onto their endless parade of reissues and box sets are going to be...stuff like this.

they just gotta make it a few more years till deepfake audio can capture Freddy's essence...

what is dead may truly never die

2 months later
#579 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

I’m trying to solve bop bumper problem, if you have suggestions write to me please. They are working by coil test mode but during the game they don’t work.

Sounds like an issue with the switches. Poorly gapped? Maybe a bad connector to the board or a broken wire? Do they have a service manual yet?

3 weeks later
#621 1 year ago

It’s pretty bullshit to sell someone a commercial product, at full price, and then they’re being treated like a beta user who is providing valuable feedback back to the company.

There should be a discount of some sort. It’s bizarre they would send sample/prototypes to customers instead of people who specifically sign up to be testers

Like you’re doing work for them at this point…and you get a lesser machine at full price.

(And I don’t want to hear whataboutisms with other pinball companies shipping barely tested games - it’s all bullshit)

2 months later
#697 1 year ago

Eddy switches are on a few games from the 90s. Using it for inlane switches as part of a giant PCB was a clever ease of manufacturing design by Heighway.

JJP uses a similar idea where they combined a proximity sensor (the one that turns off a phone display when you pick it up) with a LED insert. So then the insert window is both a switch and a lamp

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider treybo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=treybo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.