You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#663 1 year ago

You can sense the passion the team has for the theme and the game. Keep up the great work

Looking forward to getting my game.

3 weeks later
#678 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And yet, based on the latest streams, it's not. They're a boutique company just like Spooky, so games take longer to build and get out...and code is just as slow to develop as Stern titles. I like what I see (except for some artwork that I hate) and I'm glad I'm getting one.

What artwork to do you hate? John Deacon?

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh-oh...you're not the artist, are you? Didn't mean to offend if you are. I'm not into the cartoon-y look like the artwork on the translite. I also think the cabinet art is a little lazy...it's basically a two-tone print and the only spots of color you get are on the front of the cabinet where the Innuendo or Kind of Magic stuff is by the shooter and start button. I have no issue with the playfield and LOVE the Freddie illustration taken from the Neal Preston photograph at Live Aid. So it's really the exterior art I don't like.
BUT...keep in mind I'm not a fan of Dirty Donny and love Chris Franchi's work. So all art is subjective and some would think I'm nuts. There's a butt for every chair...

All good, no not the artist. John Deacon image is my less favourite. I am fine with the rest of it.

1 week later
#688 1 year ago

Those that played Queen at TPF, what did you think?

2 weeks later
#775 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Well well. Fixed. The Red Special MB virtual locks are supposed to be on per (factory default). Mine weren’t. Once I changed that both issues were resolved. I suspect Hooked’s game is the same. The game now plays as it should and after putting 5 more games on it I need to express my gratitude to Ferret here and Shawn at PB support. They were on it within an hour…..Never got that kind of response from manufacturers of any of my other games, ever…..and I have a bunch. I also want to now say some things about the game for those waiting or who are curious. I have had my bouts with PB and CT about the lack of communication and the 10 month wait, but time to sprinkle some praise.
-very well packaged. Better than stern, jjp, spooky etc how they protect the game on a pallet
-This thing is absolutely beautiful. Like stunning actually.
-Queen is fun as hell to shoot once everything was working. Stuff everywhere
-The outlanes are large and balls love to go in them. Thinking some titan bands will help.
-Incredible lighting. Nice to be able to see when you play without having to add extra lighting.
-The factory sound is actually amazing. Tons of highs and bass. I’m going to add a Polk 10” sub and see how that does
-the live clips are excellent and tons of them.
-the non translite is strange but the screen is huge. More than twice my stern games and my Halloween.
-you can bump up the flippers strength to your liking if you think they are weakish
-as many adjustments to playability as a stern and a TON more than Spooky.
-Why no owners manual?
- 0 instructions for anything. The “goodie box” is just the feet, balls, power cord, apron cards you can’t use, tilt bob, 2 fuses, a light bulb, and a game number certificate. Some instructions on a sheet of paper would be nice. There are some things on this game not like others. Heck, a note saying “thank you for buying” wouldn’t be a bad thing.
-This game will continue to get better but as it sits right now it is a pleasant surprise. PB has a winner in my opinion.
[quoted image]

Thanks for your review.

Have you seen this?

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001068107-queen-pinball-rulebook?fbclid=IwAR0ONc7sLFoRkcZ-JVgUelVD7-giOrmNYUpdvi2m7Vm0qWkW9a3NJoec6Q8

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from Turboprop:

91 update seems to have made the game flow and music better.
Awesome pin, fun shots, good music and video. Looking forward to future updates and improvements.

It is great hearing the positive feedback on the game. Look forward to reading more from others as they get their game. I should have mine in the next few weeks.

You can tell the passion people working on this game like Ferret have to get it as good as it can be and having David Thiel on sound, given that this is the music pin and imo he is the best in the business at what he does is a real asset.

#784 12 months ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Arrived in Australia, Thanks Wayne (Mr Pinball Australia) very happy owner [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, mine should be delivered this week.

Did you have any issues out of the box?

#786 12 months ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Cheers,
You will not be disappointed,the live concert theme is amazing with awesome video clips.
Playing very smooth, Had to lighten sling strength to stop air balls and minor alignment adjustment needed to left kick back coil.
Put Mylar in ball lane played 28 games so far
with no issues.
Enjoy

Thanks, appreciate it. Have you loaded the latest code?

#796 12 months ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Spent some time dialling in most coils which is a great feature jumping by 5% incramants either weaker or stronger. games plays fantastic and enjoying more and more everyday.Sometimes I even get a go when I can get the family off it

Great to hear. Mine arrived last night. Hopefully will get to unbox it soon.

4 months later
#1025 7 months ago

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/queen-freddie-mercury-in-yellow-jacket-7-scale-action-figure.html

The above is an Australian website. Looks like Neca are re-releasing these.

3 months later
#1194 4 months ago

Finally got a chance to open my Queen CE.

Few issues out of the box but Pinball Brothers support has been really good so far.

I think this game has a lot of potential once I sort out the little issues and game is dialled in properly.

Anything that I should be doint to setup my game properly?

I am noticing that flipper strength is changind during a game, especially the left from basically full strength to hardly making much movement at all.

#1196 4 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Make sure the processor on the underside of the playfield is secured (both my queen and alien games it was lose).
Tighten the support rails up - same deal both games the rails were wobbly.
Lube the slide tracks to avoid fingernail on chalk board sounds.
Check your lower flipper return spring attaching hole for sharp metal edges. I have broke two springs on mine (known issue early builds).
Dialing back your flippers 5% at a time will reduce air balls.
Pump up the power on the pops, mostly the lower center bass drum pop, for more action in that area.
Get some sling protectors before you crack a sling plastic.
Hardest thing for me to dial in was the magic shot. I kept getting stuck balls at the wire gate to the right of the kickout. Wound up removing upper playfield to adjust the gate.
Check the up post in at the top center position of the playfield to be sure its flush with the playfield if you have any stuck balls.
You may need to square up the spinner if it doesn't rip. I swapped mine out with a stern spinner assembly and its a great shot now.
If your game does not have the wire gate on the front of the apron to stop air balls from getting between the glass and the apron order one- trust me you'll need it.

Thanks, really appreciate your comprehensive reply.

There are a few things that PB need to send me, so will ask for the wire gate on the front of the apron.

I had a really good game this morning. I am getting stuck balls top left of Wembley and also couldn't start Red Special Multi Ball as the balls wouldn't kick out (funny as they kick out at an end of game if I have say one or two locked in there)

The sound is amazing on this game and the layout and rules are really good.

I will dial down the flippers 5%, but don't think that is causing my flipper power to fluctuate during a game from full power to like sudden death.

Added 117 days ago:

Update - Pinball Brothers support has been fantastic, sorted out my minor issues and shipping me some enhancement parts and a few other things.

#1200 3 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello QUEEN owners... I posted this in the "owners" thread as well. Thought I could get some extra help from here.
I have some questions on my NIB Rhapsody that just arrived last week.
1) the translite lock is very strange. I had to take translite out to get plastic film off and now I can't figure out how to get lock back in and secured. The push in tumbler only works "if" translite isn't in the game. Once in the game it won't push in to lock.
2) after lifting up playfield and tightening flipper bats, my (2) glass lock down latches hit the underside bracket and won't allow me to latch it down properly. Note: I had to take tape and tape them (unlatched) flush against the cabinet "before" lowering playfield, so they could be latched properly. Very Strange.
3) I've only played about 8 games... dozens & dozens dimples on the playfield. Normal?
4) My Wembly Stadium right post has hit the underside of the cabinet, by top glass channel. It's bent and cracked on the bottom.
5) I have the left slingshot plastic with big chip out of it already
6) Anyone have, or know where to get QUEEN score / information cards for the apron?
Let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

Raise a ticket on Pinball Brothers website. I can't fault their support, they will make good. I recently only just opened my game and had a few minor issues. Got walked though them and all sorted out with some parts on the way.

I have been out of pinball for quite some time. Still have all my games, but haven't been playing them. Only got this game because of the theme (all time favourite band) and it is drawing me back into pinball. I really like the overall package of this. The art, the lighting, the shots, the code Ferret has done a brilliant job and the sound/music by David Thiel is first class.

#1224 3 months ago

I received a package from Pinball Brothers to Australia 7 days after it was shipped (unbelievable really given the holiday period) containing some enhancement parts/fixes.

I have played my Queen since the few weeks of unboxing it more than my other games combined for well over a year

I am pretty confident once dialled in correctly it will be my favourite. I just love the shots, rules and music.

The Queen frenzy shot reminds me of the old school inline drop targets of games like Viking and Paragon

Great work the whole team at Pinball Brothers!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tonyoz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=tonyoz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.