You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
DSCN2227 (resized).JPG
DSCN2224 (resized).JPG
DSCN2226 (resized).JPG
IMG_4850 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 1 year ago

Dream theme for me. Hopefully someone does an in depth overview and a stream soon.

One thing for sure, it isn't going to be winning any Twipy awards for artwork.

1 month later
#298 1 year ago

Just listened to the SAPP with the Pinball Bros. I love this theme, but am really concerned about the layout. Sounds like it was put together by a group of novices. Doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be bad, but less of a chance of it being great.

Let's hope they make it to Expo with the pin, sounding like that is going to be the first chance for anyone to play it.

2 weeks later
#353 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Lets hope that version of the song isn't used in the game. That's not Queen that most people know, love & identify with. Hopefully it's only what was selected for the video, who knows why.

The version in the trailer is definitely more high energy, maybe the thought is it is more suitable to pinball? Dunno, but definitely not the version most people would be expecting.

In the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast they did with the guys from Pinball Brothers, pretty sure I remember the bros were making the case that Queen's live versions are very close to studio versions so it shouldn't be an issue.

This version is not close at all to the studio version...

#356 1 year ago

Interesting, didn't know that. Neither will 90% of the people who will walk up and play. They will go "wtf was that?". I like the studio version more than the fast version, hopefully they have both.

I wasn't old enough to go to live concerts in late 70s and early 80s.

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fortunately you are old enough now to watch old youtube videos:

My point was and is, people in general are way more familiar with the studio version and aren't going to get what is going on with the live version. No one is saying the live version is not being done by Queen, so post as many videos as you want showing them playing it. Most people aren't familiar with the version and many are going to be disappointed if they don't get to hear the studio version.

It isn't making me decide against owning the pin, obviously there is a lot more that needs to be revealed, but it is something I am concerned about.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I like it so far ! Who’s the US distributor ?

Nitro in Pacific Northwest, Cointaker elsewhere I believe

4 weeks later
#487 1 year ago

Decided to stop fence sitting and put down a deposit for an LE today. Now the wait.

1 month later
#511 1 year ago

Nice, gives me hope that I will see mine in January.

#537 1 year ago

- Many NIB games from any manufacturer need tweaks out of the box to get things working smoothly.
- Early run games from any manufacturer tend to have more problems than later run games.
- Pinball Brothers games seem to need more love early on than other manufacturers (see Aliens thread)
- Pinball Brothers seem to have excellent support and a strong desire to get the games working (also see Aliens thread)

So my recommendation for anyone getting an early run Queen, be prepared to be part of the journey.

#544 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

I understand PB is starting this business but we can’t normalize if we found more defects.
I understand also improvements step by step… at least the lockbar lock could have fixed that.

100% agree. Posting about issues and getting Pinball Bros to address as you go is the only way to make things better. Everything that is brought up early will make later runs better.

3 weeks later
#594 1 year ago

I was all in on this title, but have backed off a little bit. The code seemed to be barely above the "blinky lights" stage, so updates are good to see. Hopefully a couple of more will hit before TPF. From all reports I think people in general were underwhelmed with it at Expo, TPF will be a good opportunity to make an impact.

#600 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So how is this different from any new release .
Half the mechs in Bond still don't do what they should ?

Most new releases have good video showing off gameplay features, the team does podcasts and interviews discussing the path for the code and how they envision the game progressing, and in most cases even livestream gameplay. Queen has none of that so far.

We've had a couple posts from Ferret, a couple of gameplay videos from Expo and then the early adopters that practically put me to sleep and photos from the factory showing them building some. It's not nothing, but it ain't great. If PB can't be bothered to try and actually market their game and give more info to buyers, I can't be bothered at this point to blindly hand them cash.

I'm not abandoning all hope, just moving into a "wait and see" vs a "take my money" mindset.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

While there is a lot of tuning still to be done, the code is WAY past "blinky lights". There is actually a ton to do in the game -- properly explaining/guiding the player about those rules is much of the work being done at this point. But as I mentioned previously, there ain't no way we're gonna drop the ball on a killer title like Queen.

That's good to hear. Looking forward to seeing more.

#631 1 year ago

Maybe it's just me, but callouts and sound effects seem to mute the music slightly. Music volume keeps going down and up, down and up. Distracting.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thinking your not liking this game at all.

You'd be incorrect. Pointed out what I thought was an issue, and voila:

Quoted from Ferret:

0.82 was a bit over-enthusiastic about how it ducked the music for sound effects and such -- already fixed for the next release.

I want this game to be awesome, as it is one of my dream themes, so if I have a concern I am going to express it. Seems like they were already on it, so no big, but I don't see the problem with pointing out issues.

#640 1 year ago

Ferret If you get a chance, and PB approves, a general rundown of the rules and objectives of the game would be awesome. What are you trying to accomplish with the different songs, general progress to wizard modes, etc.

1 month later
#675 1 year ago

Late to the party, but finally got around to watching the stream. Game looks like a lot of fun. I was in on this, and then decided to wait with all the new stuff coming out, now thinking I need to find a way to get back in.

Looking forward to the feedback from TPF with latest code.

1 week later
#709 12 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Does it seem that while there is a song being presented other songs are triggered by switch hits?
Wondered if anyone else noted while playing at Texas.

I noticed while watching the stream they did from the Dutch Pinball Museum that hitting the piano targets would trigger a several note piano riff from the intro to Seven Seas of Rhye, regardless of which song was playing. Is that what you mean? Found it a bit distracting personally, thought a single note would've been more subtle.

#726 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah think about CoinTaker, they're distro for Pinball Brothers and Dutch Pinball....they probably have one person that does nothing more than answer questions all day about status for these two manufacturers.

If only there was some way to handle updating customers without requiring them to email or call...

Customer engagement/communication isn't hard these days with the magic of the interwebz, they are just choosing to not make it a priority.

#728 11 months ago
Quoted from meSz:

CT can only provide status when they have it from the manufacturer. And lets face it, these manufacturers (except Spooky and maybe) Stern have never made met a date!

Doesn't matter. Communicating "no update from manufacturer" is actual communication. Have link on the front page of the cointaker website for "Dutch Pinball Updates" and "Queen Updates", post what information you have, the date it was updated, and update every week, even if there is no change.

Have an automated email response if someone emails with the key words "Queen" or "Lebowski" that returns an email that gives a link to that page.

Have a message play when people call before the call is answered saying if you are looking for "Queen" or "Lebowski" updates, go to their website.

There are tons of better ways to deal with this situation than not answering emails or the phone. The best ones involve the customers never having to email you or call you for basic information. Keeps customers happy, keeps employees from answering the same things 1000 times.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.