You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nstone4425.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 1 year ago

Just came here to read all the negative comments and fill my daily cup of what should be better and how they did this and that is just crap lol

#113 1 year ago

While not soon and hopefully there will be gameplay reveal before September 24th there is this

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-first-chance-in-america-to-play-the-new-queen-pinball-machine

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, I got the Rhapsody edition because...well...I travelled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue, so this seemed like a no-brainer. But again...I have a bad feeling I'll be eating thousands on the resale value if I hate it. Hoping for the best...

Can't eat it if ya never sell it!! Haha this is my theory and plan lol

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I disagree with the guy above about who cares on art.
To me personally it is part of the whole experience along with sound and game play. If I was in on this game I would be doing a custom translite and cab art upgrade straight away along with better trim but I am not a fan of the band or music so will wait for #3 Predator hopefully!! (Please do it PB!)
Personally as well Pinball Brothers Support and service is way ahead of all the others. It's nothing short of fantastic. I'd love to see them bring their manufacturer in house and not use pedretti as I question alot of the mech designs and such. It needs improvement.
Anyway looking forward to have game or two one day when I come across one somewhere and I hope they sell well and look forward to #3.

I'm hoping you do an alternate Translite! Your Alien Translite is next level!!

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Boy, a new pinball release, with one of the biggest bands of all time and crickets in this thread.....if that doesn't speak to our confidence in new pinball manufacturers I don't know what is. Wish PB the best of luck, they've got one heck of an uphill climb ahead of them

I'm sure without footage of real gameplay or some type of tutorial isn't helping. However once we get that the non buyers will flock here to bash it and spew their never ending hate. Lol

I'm excited for this pin if that helps. I also love my Rush pin so that's how credible I am.

#129 1 year ago

It's interesting the talk and hate on pins don't have mechs? To me some of my favorite pins are TWD, Star Wars, GB, AIQ and what all Mechs do those have? Nothing earth shattering

I absolutely love Alien (can't wait for it to arrive) and Rush not a ton of mechs there either so what do people want or do people just wake up to spew negativity?

Godzilla pro has absolutely no Mechs IMO and it's fun. Sure the premium has a building that goes up and down and a turn table that's it but it is Elwin he could do worst theme in the world and it would sell because his name is on it.

I'm a Stern guy but I'm also very excited other companies are at least trying, making it, and that's good for pinball. If I dislike a pin 99 percent of the time I'll just move on or leave a review on pinside and off I go but not go into that group and spew negativity.

Just my 2 cents nobody asked for.

1 month later
#259 1 year ago

Hahaha

My buddy and I both ordered this pin because our wives are huge fans of Queen. I didn't hesitate when she got all excited when I showed her.

4 weeks later
#345 1 year ago

Hi I'm here because I like pinball machines, pinball shirts, pinball books, well pretty much anything pinball.

Excited to get Queen hopefully this year but if not I'm okay with that I'll just keep playing my collection and friends collection.

O not sure if I told y'all I really like pinball. Please don't delete my post since I didn't make any negative comments.

Lol seriously lighten up everyone lifes to short to get worked up over anything pinball. Make friends and have fun.

#379 1 year ago

As a previous owner of a Heighway Alien the main issues I had were the power supply unit which I replaced and cooling. For cooling I added some small fans in it to help bring in cooler air. After those issues were corrected the game was solid. My buddy who now has the game has 0 issues.

My PB Alien LV has been rock solid its been played in tournaments, left on for hours, and has about 300 plays on it with 0 issues. I have a friend with one that he has had 0 issues. I do realize I might be the 1 percent. I am also a big Stern Fan boy but good luck if you have a node board go out. I know several locals myself included that have had to replace the main CPU. My EHOH came unable to play and took Stern 4 weeks to get me the needed parts to play it.

Yes its frustrating for sure to have a NIB or even a used pin inoperable.

3 weeks later
#423 1 year ago

I am freaking amped!!! They had me at We are the Champions!!

Yes I'm sure the code is going to suck for 6-12 months like most new machines.

I'm gonna play the hell out of it and if I ended up hating it I'll sell it take a hit and be on with life.

#457 1 year ago

A really great friend is out there and just played Queen. First thing out of his mouth was how cool the PB team is and how great the game feels. He said it's not as showy as GNR. Music is absolutely amazing but that was a given.

Lastly he said he can't really judge the code since PB made it very clear the code isn't anywhere near finished. He said they stressed the code part a lot.

All in all he was extremely excited with what he saw and played but doesn't sound like they will get the 80 out by end of the year. (Just speculating)

IMG_20221022_111737 (resized).jpgIMG_20221022_111737 (resized).jpg

#475 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sure doesn't look like it here? Or is this a Heighway version? Either way the "holes" would seriously worry me as a person who always upgrades the speakers in music pins...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/8#post-7162917

That's an aftermarket Translite. I still have the stock Translite and the holes are exactly the same for both Queen and Alien. My Alien speakers are loud and clear.

PXL_20221023_013816926 (resized).jpgPXL_20221023_013816926 (resized).jpg
#477 1 year ago

Very excited if that's interactive LEDs in the apron!! Wish they would have done that on Alien from the factory vs buying the aftermarket Apron.

Been hearing more good things today from those who played it. Common thing they all say is hard to hear music and call-outs and code isn't anywhere near completion.

Screenshot_20221023-151257 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221023-151257 (resized).png
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#479 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Don't know what you're looking at, but I don't think there are any LEDs on the apron. There's reflection from overhead lights on the apron, and some holes pointing towards the playfield that you wouldn't see if you were playing anyway. But I think that's about it. I hope I'm wrong, though!

Here's my aftermarket Alien apron with LEDs in the apron that interact with gameplay. I've zoomed in and circled the same small squares on Queen. There could be LEDs in those squares like on the Alien apron.

PXL_20221023_213812972 (resized).jpgPXL_20221023_213812972 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221023-151257~2 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221023-151257~2 (resized).png
#481 1 year ago

Now I'm very curious if they teamed up with the guys who did the Alien apron mod. As many know the alien apron mod is pretty interactive and customizable.

4 months later
#648 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Just asked Melissa about this very thing. She said they have one shipment currently coming by air, then another one by air (both smaller shipments, I'm guessing) and then a container shipment across the pond.
I'm now at the point where I'm okay waiting so that they can work the bugs out and advance the code.

Nice hopefully soon it sounds like. Really wish she or PB would communicate that but that's probably too much to ask lol. My only fear is if they're really coming by air one would think she would know the exact date the plane will land.

I think 36 can fit in a container taking that number from Spooky. So hopefully each air shipment is 22 and that's the 80 prepaid. ( If 80 were actually presold)

Getting very very excited to get my game as I know many here are. Sorry don't mean to sound negative I'm very excited for this pin. Just want communication to be a little better that's all.

2 weeks later
#668 1 year ago

For all you who paid Cointaker in full last year they have one in their showroom you can go play lol or the irony.

1 week later
#673 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

They haven’t said shit, and replies are short and distant when you make the mistake of asking for updates.

Right there with ya. It might help if we all start messaging PB on Facebook for actual updates. I don't know but will be last time I ever order from CT.

As much as my wife and I love Queen id rather have a full refund and CT/PB can sell one less game. Rant over thanks for listening to me blow off steam.

#674 1 year ago

PB response to me asking if they had an exact number of machines on the way here and when those machines are expected to make it.

Screenshot_20230319-093205 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230319-093205 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#721 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Just wondering who ordered from Cointaker and has received their game or has been notified that it has shipped to them. I put deposit down on July 23 of 2022 and have not heard anything. They will not answer emails.

Same order/paid in full late July of 2022. I have been told repeatedly they're shipping any day now. Not sure if that means from the factory or what exactly. I did receive an email from I believe LISA at Cointaker 7-10 days ago saying games were shipping in 2-4 weeks but again not sure if that's from manufacturer or what.

Probably be the last time I ordered a NIB from CT and or PB. Communication is garbage and while PB tries to ease frustrations they place the blame on world events and saying it's not their policy. K rant over can't wait to get my game one day hopefully.

Plus who got the game/floor modes at TPF has is that right to everyone who paid in full? K promise I'll STFU now.

1 week later
#778 1 year ago

See more and more games is getting me all sorts of excited!!! Sounds like the game is checking a lot of boxes for owners.

Very excited that is all!!!!

#790 1 year ago

Ooooo I think it's finally happening. I just received an email from Cointaker saying my game has shipped!!!!

I'm gonna be one of the cool kids soon!!!! I was even sent a tracking number.

1 week later
#808 12 months ago

#72 all setup!!!

Absolutely beautiful game in person. I have only played a few games on it.

I quickly remembered to take off the blue plastic on the lit side blades.

I am trying to update to current code but it keeps rejecting my USBs. I own an Alien and dealt with this on updating that game but so far Queen isn't liking my USBS.

PXL_20230428_171334681 (resized).jpgPXL_20230428_171334681 (resized).jpg
#810 12 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I read your post and the blue plastic on the side blades made me go “wait what”? Yep, had to remove mine. I had no idea. Lol

Hahaha I only knew this because ummmm well I had no idea on Alien until about 8 months later. Lol

#811 12 months ago

Well 50 games in and finally finding a USB the game liked I upgraded to I believe code .91.

Love the changes in code .91

Game has been flawless so far. Artwork on the playfield is absolutely stunning. I love the attention to detail. Translite and side decals in person don't bug me at all ( I will admit I hated what I saw from the reveal).

The modes are simple to understand and pretty clear on what to do. I'm excited to see where this game goes with future code updates.

My only gripe or I hope the change is .... I feel like there is all this audio that is fighting for space and it sounds like a bunch of my kids yelling at me for my attention. I love my Rush and I believe Stern mastered this very well. I can already tell with .91 that PB is aware and making changes to help. The Piano keys and a few other switch noises could be a lot less IMO. However I greatly appreciate that PB is trying to load the game for us.

Well done Pinball Brothers.

1 week later
#815 11 months ago

Decided I wanted an external volume control. I had some leftover PRmod ones.(can be bought here on pinside). Used a 1inch hole saw bit and boom up and running. Also installed my number plate.

PXL_20230508_181935548 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_181935548 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_182543766 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_182543766 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_182622623 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_182622623 (resized).jpg

PXL_20230508_182341949 (resized).jpgPXL_20230508_182341949 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nstone4425.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=nstone4425 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.