You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#46 1 year ago

That is a shit ton of stand up targets .The stadium looks cool ,I’m sure they’ll be a nice light show as the inner portion seems mirrored and says 3 different exits .Really hope a trailer comes soon .

#96 1 year ago

I know it will upset people with this launching while waiting on they’re Alien (me included ) but I’m real happy to see PB rolling out another big license pin .I’d imagine things are moving pretty fast for them and it’s encouraging to see how well they’re handling it on the fly .With the “gag” order by JJP’s GnR I swore off ever dealing with them again so I personally needed a new flavor as far as manufactures go .I really want to buy this pin but I’ll wait until my Alien gets home and we get a few weeks on it before deciding .Go PB and please get us a trailer clip sooner than later .Not asking for a big production promo yet but a little 1:30 taste will do the trick and likely have pinheads reaching for they’re wallets

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Anyone think they can move 1000 LE units?
I don't.
The LE should be the price of the regular, the regular should be 7K (IMO).

Don’t underestimate the European sales on this theme .Let’s see that trailer PB’s!

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

There is no way this pin sells 1000 units at the price they are asking. Drop the price by $2000 and they then have a chance.

Simon Cowell just might purchase 1/2 of them .

#151 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody ever ordered a game from PB expecting to receive a working game any time soon, so I don't see the alarming excuse that "we aren't quite there yet enough to show you 20 seconds of gameplay footage" is going to give any of their customers pause.

Any possibility they were trying to get ahead of Sterns upcoming release A La Spooky w UM ?Premature release .

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't think pinball companies plan their releases around what other pinball companies do. At least not pinball companies that plan on staying in business for any period of time.
I think they just want people to send them money, ahead of mass production of the Queen game.
There are very few companies like Stern that actually have games on the production line when they start taking orders for them. It's a novelty. I think we can add JJP to that short list now with Toy Story.

I see your point .I know of no other business like pinball .I think I’m partially addicted to all the uncertainty and chaos that comes with a new release .Main thing is I needed this in my life badly .I really didn’t have any hobbies that stuck prior and was living groundhog day over and over .Attended Expo last year , jumped in a couple single day tourneys (they surprised me how draining “no pun” they were) and am presently in my second season in the Northwest Indiana pinball league and couldn’t be happier

3 weeks later
#242 1 year ago

I’m a little upset ,I wanted to go see this in person as it’s not that far ,but can’t those days .People I personally know have been saying nothing but good things about the Alien’s they recently received and seems customer service is getting thumbs up across the board .The 2 most important things in pinball to me are 1) game gets shipped and 2) reliable customer service .Seems PB’s are on the right track .My Alien LV arrives home Monday and I have big interest in Queen .I’ve recently have gone to all Sterns at home so I’m happy to get a different feeling pin aboard Looking forward to Sterns upcoming release on 8/30 and live gameplay of Queen 9/24 . Good times are back !

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#244 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I’ve had great Alien experience so also excited (optimistically) for Queen. I can’t make the CT event either so hoping people post some gameplay videos and impressions during and after!

I have to make sure I heard right first but I’m pretty sure gameplay will be viewable live .

#248 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll be there so if there's no streaming I'll be sure to get some video for you. Again...I don't think the two guys would come from Sweden to show their faces if they weren't proud of the game. So that's a good sign...

I’ve had real good luck with this beauty so far .Normal tweaking to come for sure ,but I’m very interested in Queen and them showing up in the states says a lot ! A very high percentage of people have raved about they’re customer service which is huge .Actually second to recieving the machine imo .I’m now comfortable with them for sure .The big question is after Queen and the rumored Playboy (don’t think this is a good idea myself) what’s next after that and who will be designing ?

81B0FC7C-12BD-45E4-B2C2-1DFD8955B729 (resized).jpeg81B0FC7C-12BD-45E4-B2C2-1DFD8955B729 (resized).jpegA4F603F4-9396-4FC8-AF4C-F5AC7FD8EDB2 (resized).jpegA4F603F4-9396-4FC8-AF4C-F5AC7FD8EDB2 (resized).jpegCE75C239-1FDE-4D07-9E3C-01C7BEB3DA94 (resized).jpegCE75C239-1FDE-4D07-9E3C-01C7BEB3DA94 (resized).jpeg
#249 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'll be there so if there's no streaming I'll be sure to get some video for you. Again...I don't think the two guys would come from Sweden to show their faces if they weren't proud of the game. So that's a good sign...

And thank you much buddy Would appreciate that greatly .

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I didn't mention it before, as soon as the games ship, I'll be changing this to an owners thread so me and the other guy who bought one can discuss it.

And I be like ……

36E1ECEF-D725-46D9-9304-478948C34445 (resized).jpeg36E1ECEF-D725-46D9-9304-478948C34445 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#290 1 year ago

Looking for opinions about the recent trend (as I see it ) of anyone other than Stern jumping releases to get ahead of what the big guy is doing . Please hear me out .Spooky releases the Combo pin (nowhere near being ready )knowing that GZ was coming . That was a very smart business move on they’re part as it
sold out first day before the GZ reveal which if they waited , would have definitely cut UM’s numbers and some HW’s after the anvil was dropped ,wouldn’t you think ?Toy Story is a Huge theme and seems many were upset with it being narrowed down to movie #4 alone .I have not yet played it ,but the early word is “a beut ,fun to shoot but easy to get through “. If that’s true , then additional coding should make this a fine pin I believe ,mainly with it being one of the ultimate family themes with one of the all time great designers .Still ,pushed through too soon and with a HEAFTY price bump .Just a handful of years ago there were maybe 4-6 new pins out a year I believe .Then 2019-2020 came along and Boom ! new releases are coming out left and right and your up starts (or anyone not Stern ) find themselves having to rush they’re releases just to have a fighting chance in the ring .Just look at the others .I have not been in pinball all too long but I know enough of its history to say that these actions were not the norm just a short time ago .Just my $.02 but I would like to hear what others think in the matter

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I was really considering a Rhapsody edition, but the initial excitement wears off and you're left with all the negatives which are glaringly obvious..... and no positives to counterweight it. If they had shown some toys in action, that'd have gone a long way..... except it appears there aren't really any toys beyond some fancy magnet.
The longer it takes for them to release video, the more it seems like they don't want you to see it in action. What are they hiding? A terrible game?
If the concept is just a single concert, why is that a good idea? Does someone want to relive a single night forever? That's not a good plan. No other music pin freezes time in place like that. It's always a band's era, a hypothetical "what if", or a celebration of an entire history..... always general and not date specific.
I don't understand how they thought releasing it the way they did was a good move, unless they needed the deposits to fund their continuing operations.
Hopefully it will be available to play at expo...... but Bond will surely obscure any real interest for it.
I think the 1st boutique to fold is going to be Pinball Brothers. Supply line is too far away from their primary market. JJP couldn't even stay in Jersey!!! Being across the pond is a HUGE disadvantage for them.

My opinion is the boutique companies are going to flame out at the 1st sign of trouble. Sure they were able to make some money during this special time, but it's not going to last. Makes me think of pro wrestling in the late 90's...... super hot!!! Look at it the last 20 years, a joke. Everyone hates it. They lost 80% of their fanbase. No one would have guessed at it's height that it was going to flame out and take all the companies down except one. Everyone thought it was "the new normal".
In the pinball world, whoever has their processes down has a chance to survive in the long run. Of course Stern has that down.... the others? JJP at least can pump out a title, but I'm not so sure they are actually profitable. All the other companies are totally lost. No solid process. No repeatable ability to deliver. Hard times will come and cash flows will dry up...... how many of them can sustain for any length of time in that environment? How many can live in the red? Most of them are financed by some other businesses surplus funds. What happens when those host businesses struggle? I think we see a bloodbath over the next couple years. You're already seeing it slow down a whole lot now, and we haven't even hit a real rough patch yet.
I'm glad the minor companies are trying to buildup a war chest right now. Let them grab all they can, while they can. I hope CGC survives.

I agree .Ive seen some companies ,and not only distro’s ,that seemed to be pouring profits into they’re businesses like the “lock down “ boom was going to last forever .I think “saving for a rainy day” is a business model long lost in todays day .I feel there was such a boom in sales these last 2 years that people had so much to choose from and they purchased more than they were used to .Just going off pinside’s market place , there’s quite a bit of people (me included) that are in the “sell to buy” stage of collecting and if used pins are not selling , it causes a massive bulkhead that paired with parts availability , are causing self made headaches everywhere .I really think the savior of this will need to be more “locations “ opening .This is of course just my opinion but how do you feel ?

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

This will be a very unpopular opinion (probably), but location play makes no sense. The machines are too expensive at $1 a pop to recoup the investment in any decent timeframe. Do they work as a loss-leader? Yup. As a profitable standalone attraction? Nope. That's why these machines are at beercades and not arcades. The thing is, pins are never going to be a large scale sustainable anchor attraction for the general public at 7K a pop. That's why you see axe throwing and other nonsense popup every year as they search for something, anything, to draw a fickle public in until it's no longer new & fresh. There's TONS of people who didn't even know pins were still being made in 2020, then they see it: "WOW I WANT IT!!! This is so cool", and then a year later "Meh, this takes up a lot of space.... and my friends aren't dying to get one anymore, why should I? It's so 2020".
It's the same thing over and over...... what's hot? Laser Tag? It was..... not anymore. No one cares. Retro Arcade machines? It was.... not anymore (remember when people would "collect" Arcade 1up machines? HA!!!). Go-Cart racing? Not anymore. It's all a commodity, and to Joe Six-Pack and his brood of screaming ankle-biters, a pin is a pin, and it's no different to the claw machine..... it takes a dollar, and it'll be gone in a flash, same thing. Time to mash the buttons of whatever else is newer, has more Blinky lights and is louder. There's a reason new pins look (and sound) more and more like slot machines. Look at the displays, it's the same crap you see on a slot.
Home collectors are the market now. It's a defined niche, with a population that is steady and requires a certain income level to participate. They aren't really going to grow the market. It'll fad out, and that'll be that. The location market is fine and dandy, until people stop going out for booze at the pin-pub. That too is a fad and is an outgrowth of the dying and stagnant micro-brew market that was so hot several years ago. Business will support anything that helps people either come in, or stay longer. When that no longer proves to be the case, they will drop it like a hot potato. Especially something as expensive as pinball.

With all this taken into consideration ,I have to give thanks to those with the means and love of the hobby to keep the doors open to help bring pinball to the next generation .Everyone knows the bridge to current themes needs to be firmly crossed at some point .It has started nicely imo with the likes of RnM ,Stranger Things (still can’t get that abrev down ) and of course the ever running Avengers Universe .The mighty ship will rise again as soon as GZ runs its course in 2028 lmao .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kkoss24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=kkoss24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.