You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#209 1 year ago

All jokes aside this machine could easily end up alongside some of the greatest music pins ever made.

Judging by the quality of their first machine and assuming PB will learn from the few small mistakes they’ve encountered…I don’t need to see gameplay video. I’ve been mislead by gameplay reveal videos in the past.

If a cookie cutter 1/5000 Toy Story 4 LE for $12k seems like a good deal…the collector in me sees way more value in the Rhapsody edition.

#216 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Sorry man IMHO... TS4 for "$12k seams like a good deal" is WAY OFF!
This is, and will backfire on JJP big time! And, it will be an eye opener for many Pinball Companies especially Stern to see the top/max has been pressed way to hard.
Many of us are going to look long and hard at these new prices for pins like Queen.

I’m in agreement with you for sure. Maybe you misinterpreted what I was saying. I’ve already ordered a Queen and have lost interest in JJP and Stern in general. Sold most of my Sterns long ago and have yet another for sale as we speak. I’d rather support the smaller companies, it’s obvious JJP and Stern don’t need my money. Hope there are others that feel the same.

#217 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I hope you guys are right. As for me, it is a "Queen? Take my money!" scenario (and there are only two other themes that would do that for me). So I'm fully expecting that I might get burned and have to eat a couple/few thousand, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take. THIS time...

I’m only getting a Queen because my wife loves them. I can play just about any machine and have fun on it by myself. Any title she will play with me and enjoy is worth taking a monetary loss but will only occur when/if we sell it. Don’t worry about losing money, I’m sure we have all made a profit on the sale of other machines in the recent past…it all evens out.

#223 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

EDUB19... Congrats on your purchase!
Queen is a dream theme for me. However, the Standard OTD price hovering around $11,500 ($9250+ tax, duty, freight and $995(?)) and around $13,200 for LE is rich.
Hopefully game play video will be arriving soon.
Kerry

No sales tax here in Oregon. I forget other people have to pay that in other states. Would definitely make me look at things differently if I had to pay tax though.

1 week later
#237 1 year ago

Anyone have any idea what this “Razorback Electronics System” is that they advertise in the flyer? Guessing it’s nothing to get excited about seeing as how it’s next to the “8 inch bass speaker”

#240 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

sounds like fancy marketing gibberish to describe their computer system... no?

Im sure it’s “cutting edge” technology…get it?? RAZORback. Sorry bad joke.

1 week later
#255 1 year ago

Just wanted to stop by and complain about there not being any gameplay videos, it’s been a few days. On behalf of those who care and are unable to visualize what a ball rolling around the playfield would look like, myself NOT included.

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

I'm also an NJ resident that ordered a Rhapsody. Just a lil $12,000 gamble since the wife is a huge fan. :/
Hopeful we all love it.

Sounds like the odds are in your favor if the wife is a fan. I’m in the exact same boat.

1 week later
#269 1 year ago

That’s it I’m tired of waiting. Cancelling my order and getting approximately 1.5 Stern Pros instead.

#270 1 year ago

What keeps people with Stern insider connect in their home from taking the glass off and setting high scores? The best answer would be dignity but we all know how that works. The only advantage of Wi-Fi on a pin at home is over the air code updates..who’s with me??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#272 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Nobody lol.
Insider connect has “approved” locations, these leaderboards are to be vetted cheat free zones and are separate from home pins that could be subject to cheating.

Ahhh that makes more sense..I tried the Insider connect once out in public and thought it was OK I guess but would rather have Wi-Fi on every new machine moving forward just for the code updates. The Wi-Fi adapter to fit in the USB cable is very inexpensive but saves a ton of time versus downloading onto a thumb drive and unzipping files etc.

Scorbit on JJP machines has been very uninspiring for the most part. I hope PB at least makes it possible to enable Wi-Fi on their machines at some point.

2 weeks later
#325 1 year ago

Pinball Brothers has gratefully declined their opportunity to provide any information about either one of their machines. Not sure what the best resource is…?? Their website has little to nothing, social media..same. Whatever that’s their call.

#327 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't wait to play the game at the Cointaker Tailgate Party tomorrow...
...oh wait never mind.

Oh well you’ll still have the chance to turn it into the “Groinshaker tailgate party.”

#377 1 year ago

The only way I would ever put another pinball machine in a public place is if I own the business. It would be there for the sole purpose of drawing customers in to spend money on profitable items such as food/drinks etc.

Anyone that would put a $9,000+ machine in someone else’s bar for people to destroy, hoping to make money off it will be lucky to break even in the long run. $1/game isn’t enough even if 0% goes to the location. Nobody in their right mind will pay more than $1/game for pinball.

1 month later
#502 1 year ago

Anyone ballsy enough to get one of the first 80 off the line must be a self proclaimed repair genius. We will all be counting on you guys to show us how to fix our 2023 built machines.

4 months later
#748 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Just wondering who ordered from Cointaker and has received their game or has been notified that it has shipped to them. I put deposit down on July 23 of 2022 and have not heard anything. They will not answer emails.

I put my deposit down 7/22/22 and haven’t heard anything either. Par for the course though. You won’t hear anything until they want more money from you.

1 month later
#818 11 months ago

Someone needs to 1up him by drilling a hole in the playfield. Perhaps install a spinning pizza disc or pop bumper between the flippers.

1 week later
#822 11 months ago

Ordered mine 7/22/22 and no news at all.

4 weeks later
#850 10 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Got my invoice from Cointaker. I ordered 7/21/22. So, like Ice said, hang tight. Looks like they really are filling all the initial orders.

I ordered 7/22/22 and still no action.

3 weeks later
#931 9 months ago

Ordered 7/22/22…invoiced and paid remaining balance this morning. Said game will ship 60-90 days in the notes on invoice.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#955 8 months ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Just got email today. My game was shipped. But I didn't get a tracking number. Does anyone know what carrier Cointaker uses?

I got shipment email this morning without a tracking number as well. FedEx was who brought the last machine I got from them.

1 week later
#979 8 months ago

Mine is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I’m not a Queen fan so I’ll soon be able to give a rating without the music/band itself being a factor. Being a collector, average at best player and more intrigued by the mechanics of a machine doesn’t allow me to give very detailed reviews of the code/rules etc.

I do have a fairly diverse lineup to compare it to for what it’s worth. Hopefully get it set up and put a few games on it this weekend.

#987 8 months ago

So I got it set up and put a few games on it..I’ll give my thoughts on what I’ve observed so far. The sound system is amazing, especially after adjusting all the volume levels other than the music down to 60 give or take. The callouts and fanfare would drown out the music at the factory levels.

Visually stunning, the lights mounted in the apron facing the flippers are awesome. Lit side blades are killer.

Things that might not appeal to some: the drop targets can severely disrupt the flow. Hit a mini loop shot and the ball comes out the other side and hits the back of the other drop target sometimes causing a drain instead of feeding back to the flipper. One of the shots on the right the goes up under the mini playfield more often than not hits something under the mini PF and comes back. I haven’t taken the time to investigate what it’s hitting or where it’s even supposed to go…can’t really see up under there very well. The objective shot can sometimes be confusing, for instance the screen often says “shoot the album alley” took me a minute to figure out where that even is. The ball gets trapped between the metal flap and the ramp coming up from the left VUK. Hopefully it will “break in”.

I’ve heard great things about pinball brothers support and will need to put it to the test. There are definitely some issues in the condition that it was delivered to me even though there was no damage to the box itself. One head scratching quality control issue that I took pictures of, maybe I have too high of standards with a $12,000 machine. What kind of saw blade was used on this playfield side rail?? Beaver tooth??

IMG_0950 (resized).jpegIMG_0950 (resized).jpeg
#989 8 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

That side rail is definitely NOT cool...

Here’s the rest of the pics of things not PB brothers fault including:
Rusty grab rails under the PF
Dinged up backbox/decals/side rail.
All the apron cards and stickers appear to have gotten wet.
Goodie Box took a beating.
Without any damage to the box how would you ever guess. Aside from unboxing it before you let the truck driver leave.

IMG_0947 (resized).jpegIMG_0947 (resized).jpegIMG_0949 (resized).jpegIMG_0949 (resized).jpegIMG_0952 (resized).jpegIMG_0952 (resized).jpegIMG_0953 (resized).jpegIMG_0953 (resized).jpegIMG_0954 (resized).jpegIMG_0954 (resized).jpegIMG_0958 (resized).jpegIMG_0958 (resized).jpeg
#999 8 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I certainly hope you're opening a ticket with PB and attaching all those pictures so you can get it all replaced. They can send it all in one shipment...and should. One question after seeing the goodie box: What was the condition of the shipping box on the game? Just wondering if exterior damage caused that or they knowingly put that in the shipping box which was otherwise perfect when it arrived.

There was no visible damage to the shipping box. Seems like maybe it tipped hard to one side and hit the backbox against something. The only thing protecting the machine inside the cardboard was a plastic bag. Maybe the impact to the backbox ruptured the plastic bag allowing damp/salty air into the machine. The plastic bag was very yellowed/discolored.

#1000 8 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Their is no way pinball brothers should have left that game out the building; especially when they are 12k that is just some trash their that they are sending out to people not good

I think most if not all of the damage occurred during shipping. Given the amount of corrosion on the rails who knows what could be going on inside the multiple electronic devices that can’t be seen. My Alien LV arrived in perfect condition somehow. I was kind of surprised considering the lack of padding inside the cardboard.

Hopefully you guys all get mint machines and mine was there to absorb the impact.

1 week later
#1012 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Unfortunately sometimes we get the lemon.
Worst I had was a pallet jack hole through the bottom of my first pin a LOTRLE
A BM66LE that had a F Ed turntable. Have you seen that mech? Biggest ever. Wires caught up and sheared off everywhere.
IMDNLE was a just a continuous series of broken shit. Worst quality I’ve ever had on a game
Thus far, Queen has been perfection.
The beauty of pinball, you know it will happen at some point. You draw the short stick.
And it’s always fixable.
In this case PB support is top notch.

Yes that turntable on BM66 is a bitch..my rollover switches in the physical ball lock wouldn’t register when a ball was sitting on them. Went into perpetual ball search and could never start the multiball. Had to disable the physical lock for a while just to make it playable. Getting to the rollovers requires removing the motor and gear assembly from underneath.

My IMDN pro however was the most reliable machine I’ve ever had, granted it had less moving parts than the Prem/LE.

1 week later
#1038 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just a phenomenal game Ferret!
So underrated.
Game changer adjustment. Have to take the sound options down to 60 except for the MUSIC at 100%
It’s not GNR sound but it’s fantastic

I did the same thing to mine right away. The callouts and fan noise would drown out the best part..the music itself.

#1040 7 months ago

Hey you’re welcome..something seemed “off” with the factory settings. Glad there was an adjustment for it and that my findings were helpful to at least one other owner!

2 weeks later
#1049 7 months ago

Anyone else experiencing a code glitch?? New V2.0D/1.03 firmware…after completing a song and hitting the ball into the album collect saucer. You are then given the choice of a new song, choose a song then the screen freezes on the song selection image and doesn’t kick the ball up into play. Or even when you’re in a song and the screen says “shoot the green lit shot” and there aren’t any green lit shots. Sometimes the mini playfield toggles between white and green but those aren’t the song mode shots. Something’s a little off with some of the song mode progression shots and the associated lighting.

Maybe it depends on the song you choose. I’m still scratching my head about the song mode where you apparently have to “double flip to the beat” to progress the mode. Not very intuitive, maybe that’s why there are several of these machines up for sale right now…??

#1051 7 months ago

As you are selecting a song it will give a brief description of each songs goals on the screen. I always choose whatever song has the standups lit so I can at least have something visible to shoot for. Haven’t figured out the auto launch logic either. If you’re scrolling left in song selection with the left flipper button then try to scroll right it selects a song and auto launches the ball even though only one button is being pressed at a time. The ball should only launch and select the song if both buttons are pressed and held simultaneously. At least that’s how every other machine I’ve ever had has worked.

Once I’ve gotten past the amazing lights/sound etc and try to figure out the rules/code/scoring etc things get frustrating. The magic shot for example, once I get the guardian drop out of the way long enough to shoot the saucer behind it..90% of the time the ball pops back out and doesn’t register. The shot blocking guardian drop targets are up and in the way too much. Then if you get a couple of them down they pop back up way too soon, before all of them get knocked down. Lots of clunky rattling around shots, shots that don’t register. Right orbit shot often goes nowhere and comes back down,

Random multi balls…maybe the song I was in they’re supposed to happen. If so, there is no indication on the screen or in the callouts. Not referring to the main Wembley or Red special MB. Bohemian Rhapsody song has different “phases” to it and maybe that is what caused the multiballs but I’m still having a hard time figuring it all out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider edub919.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=edub919 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.