You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
DSCN2227 (resized).JPG
DSCN2224 (resized).JPG
DSCN2226 (resized).JPG
IMG_4850 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 1 year ago

Nobody ever ordered a game from PB expecting to receive a working game any time soon, so I don't see the alarming excuse that "we aren't quite there yet enough to show you 20 seconds of gameplay footage" is going to give any of their customers pause.

#152 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Any possibility they were trying to get ahead of Sterns upcoming release A La Spooky w UM ?Premature release .

I don't think pinball companies plan their releases around what other pinball companies do. At least not pinball companies that plan on staying in business for any period of time.

I think they just want people to send them money, ahead of mass production of the Queen game.

There are very few companies like Stern that actually have games on the production line when they start taking orders for them. It's a novelty. I think we can add JJP to that short list now with Toy Story.

#178 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ah got it! Maybe with queen coming out they will be making more Aliens quicker

You are gonna have to explain the logic to me on that one.

If anything, it's gonna slow production of Aliens down I would think, as they try to crank out a few Queens to juice up sales.

Anybody ordering any of these games is going to have to do so with several years' of patience built in to their order.

#182 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

With the $900k they are collecting up front they can afford to hire more people to up the build quantity.
There’s your logic

You want to light a fire under their asses? Don’t send them any money!

Would give them some incentive to actually build something to sell. We’ve seen time and again that sending people $1 million on the vague promise of one day delivering games doesn’t exactly create a sense of urgency.

1 week later
#210 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

All jokes aside this machine could easily end up alongside some of the greatest music pins ever made.
Judging by the quality of their first machine and assuming PB will learn from the few small mistakes they’ve encountered…I don’t need to see gameplay video. I’ve been mislead by gameplay reveal videos in the past.
If a cookie cutter 1/5000 Toy Story 4 LE for $12k seems like a good deal…the collector in me sees way more value in the Rhapsody edition.

So in other words..."Queen? Take my money!"

1 month later
#281 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm cautiously positive about this game but it still baffles me that they revealed the game with 0 videos of it.

What’s baffling about it?

“We aren’t quite there yet” was their quote.

The game obviously isn’t functioning yet, which is why there is no game play footage.

Why you are “cautiously positive” about a game that doesn’t work yet is the real mystery. What are you basing your cautious optimism on?

#285 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

From a FB post:
[quoted image][quoted image]

That oughta do it! The guy makes a convincing argument!

If that doesn’t shake some gameplay video loose, nothing will!

#320 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is there a chance of gameplay anytime soon…, or are we just holding our d!€ks in our hand?

Yes! There is a chance of gameplay video sometime soon!

1 week later
#336 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Yep. THAT'S how to show off a new pin.

Yes, a video featuring about 10 seconds of actual gameplay footage padded out with 100 seconds of...other stuff.

Showing them how the big boys do it!

#338 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

less is more because you don't want the reality of "oh it's just a pinball game" to sink in too soon

How is this supposed to change my life forever if it's just a pinball game?

Where's the innovation?!

#342 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which is different from Stern announcement videos how, exactly?
This actually looks better than I expected...even with the short clips. Happy I'm getting one, and I realize I probably won't see it until next year.

I was responding to “now THIS is how you announce a game!!”

Stern was not mentioned.

It’s a pretty low bar I suppose if this is what you’ve been waiting to see.

Roger Taylor sounds enthused to be making these callouts!

#344 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's a low bar when you're happy to see anything at this point, and the shots look fun. I just don't understand why every post you make has to be so snarky and demeaning

And I don’t understand why you have to ride my jock all the time making ridiculous statements like. “Every post you make is so snarky and demeaning.”

You poke me all the time and get bitchy when I respond in kind.

I wonder why it has to be that way!

So many mysteries abound.

#355 1 year ago

For a bunch of hardcore queen fans I’m surprised you aren’t familiar with that version. It opened hundreds of concerts, every one from between about 1977-1982. Sadly not the The "magic bus" [hilarious sic] tour.

Most queen fans should know We Will Rock You (fast). It opens the Live Killers albums. It’s in almost all of their live concert videos. There's dozens of versions of it on youtube. They even played it a few weeks ago to open their set at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. This isn’t some never-heard alternative take that nobody has ever heard before.

They opened their show with the fast version, and closed it with the “normal” version, for 5 or 6 years.

Anyway I’d relax. You have much bigger things to worry about with this game than We Will Rock You. I expect you’ll hear the version you’ve heard 17 billion times in your life once more when you play the game.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I wasn't old enough to go to live concerts in late 70s and early 80s.

Fortunately you are old enough now to watch old youtube videos:

Houston 1977:

What an entrance! Wonder if the game will start this way.

And here they are playing it three weeks ago. The 80,000 in attendance don't seem too upset to be hearing this version:

#373 1 year ago

Variety is the spice of life...I'm not sure why we "need" the studio versions here but everybody has their personal preference.

KISS pinball didn't even use the "original studio" tracks - The songs were recorded decades later by old men; the 2010ish re-recordings that KISS made so they could control their own publishing.

Two sixty-year olds and a couple of scabs who were nowhere near KISS when the originals were in the studio back in the 70s using completely different recording technology from the originals Kiss fans know and love...again, completely different recordings. People didn't seem to notice or mind. (I could tell they were fakes though!)

#376 1 year ago

Thanks for the honest assessment. This is what many of us feared/predicted when Heighway rose from the ashes as PB. Remember, Heighway games weren't exactly built up to standard either.

I've been skeptical about an Italian-built pinball machine from a brand new pinball manufacturer. They'll either sink or swim depending on how quickly they can fix this stuff. I certainly would have zero desire to be an early-adopter regardless of "dream theme."

2 weeks later
#392 1 year ago

Nice to hear Freddie's voice but this song is horrible.

Apparently a Miracle outtake...and they've promised there's several more!

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I'm glad somebody said it. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Ha and I thought you'd be unhappy with my "snarkiness."

Queen have been barrel-scraping for 30 years now, and there simply wasn't much "unheard" Queen stuff to begin with. They would do an album, and put out the "not good enough for the album" stuff as B-Sides, and that was that. They put together an entire posthumous album in the 90s, and it really had only 2 or 3 "new" tracks - the rest of the stuff was Queen solo stuff gussied up to sound more Queenish.

If that's the best they could do 25 years ago, you know whatever "gems" they stumble upon at this point in time to tack onto their endless parade of reissues and box sets are going to be...stuff like this.

#401 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The only guy I could have accepted as Freddie's replacement was George Michael. And...well...we all saw how that turned out.
Lambert is just way too shrieky for my taste.

My favorite parts of the "Queen" show I saw around 2015 was when Lambert wasn't on the stage.

Year of 39, I'm in Love with my car, love of my life etc.

I had resisted going for a while but I wanted to see Brian May play guitar and excellent day of show tickets opened up at MSG. It was a fun show and it had its moments...it was of course a "it is what it is" evening. I was 11 the last time Queen played a real concert so it was the best I was ever gonna do with Queen.

I'll admit it was a little touching when Brian said "Thanks for welcoming us back to MSG after all these years and letting us pretend to be rock stars again."

#403 1 year ago

Wow...how did you get so close?

From what I hear it was kind of anarchy in those days. A friend of mine saw KISS at MSG and someone had smuggled in a watermelon full of vodka, with a tap attached, which they were passing down the rows!

5 months later
#676 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s pretty bullshit to sell someone a commercial product, at full price, and then they’re being treated like a beta user who is providing valuable feedback back to the company.
There should be a discount of some sort. It’s bizarre they would send sample/prototypes to customers instead of people who specifically sign up to be testers
Like you’re doing work for them at this point…and you get a lesser machine at full price.
(And I don’t want to hear whataboutisms with other pinball companies shipping barely tested games - it’s all bullshit)

I don’t see why anybody is surprised. These guys are total amateurs who somehow ended up with a “grail license.”

We all knew this thing would be at a home brew level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
8,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.