You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Looks like no gameplay differences between the versions?

I don't think so...just a lot of bling (and a shaker, I think). I do like the darker color of the Rhapsody edition better, though. And it looks like they tweaked the artwork a bit so Brian May doesn't have a head the size of a watermelon.

#31 1 year ago

The shipping on this game is $995.

Looking for a whale to help finance my machine. You have until September 1st to contact me.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's coming from italy right

I think it's from Sweden. Comes in on the Ikea boat.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Manufactured in Italy like Aliens I assume, by Pedretti Gaming.

Huh...I stand corrected. The company seems to be based in Sweden, though, which is why I was confused.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Thats about what the rest of the world pays for all the imported Sterns/JJPs/Spookys/whatever so welcome to the club for once

Ugh...I'd be out of the hobby if I was in Europe. Then again, if I was in Europe, I'd be too busy driving to all those cool countries that we usually have to fly to.

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

While I fundamentally agree with your point that it's hard to make an art package around a primarily audio based theme like music, I can also say the art is still sloppy and has room for improvement. I'll resurface some of my old points from last year.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I completely agree with your post and pictures here. But I have to say that if the game plays really well, I won't even notice those things. I hate hate HATE the cartoon illustration of the three Rush guys on my Rush LE and thought I couldn't get past it. But once the lights go down and the game starts, I'm having too much fun and trying like hell not to lose my ball to even notice the middle of the playfield.

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've always wondered what that little figurine is? Surely they didn't have one made of Freddie back then

It's just a photo of him that's been artistically altered. (The 70s version of Photoshop.)

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wish PB got the license for Led Zeppelin, Stern wasted it. Alien, best game for sale right now in my opinion. Looking forward to playing this, congrat's!

You're still wrong on the LZ part (although it would have been great to see what SR REALLY wanted to do with the theme), but your enthusiasm for the Queen pin might just bring us together.

PS...I'm not expecting much from this game...keeping my expectations low to ward off disappointment...but this is a dream theme so I had to get it anyway.

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Boobs! Glad to hear your enjoying Led. If this was Led, I would have bought it in a second. Really like the playfield art here, but the grin and hair on the far left is a little goofy, can live with the backglass other than that. Did you get the gold? That lit side art looks sick! Thought I could upgrade my Alien SV with it but it's actually cut in to fit so I ended up buying a Alien LV too. By far the best game I have ever played to date. Have a feeling this game will be the same, a lot of passion going on in PB. Making the best products and theme's possible. Congrat's!

Yes, I got the Rhapsody edition because...well...I travelled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue, so this seemed like a no-brainer. But again...I have a bad feeling I'll be eating thousands on the resale value if I hate it. Hoping for the best...

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Boy, a new pinball release, with one of the biggest bands of all time and crickets in this thread.....if that doesn't speak to our confidence in new pinball manufacturers I don't know what is. Wish PB the best of luck, they've got one heck of an uphill climb ahead of them

Yeah...and the sin of it is that it really looks like it'll be a lot of fun. There's a ton of drop targets and fun stuff in this game (newton ball, magnet) contrary to someone above who said it's empty. But people are focusing on the artwork again without even plunging a single ball. This happened with GOT and many other games that turned out to be great. Personally I hate the Godzilla artwork...but it's a great game, so who cares?

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

However once we get that the non buyers will flock here to bash it and spew their never ending hate. Lol

Nah. That won't happen because as soon as they ship I'm changing this to a Queen Owner's Thread. Then anybody that trolls will be moderated out.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Me and the wife love Queen. She wants this one bad, but I am already on a list for another pin that is supposed to ship Q1 2023. Can't afford to buy 2 pins at one like most people on here. It seems expensive but then again, all pins these days are. The new Toy Story 4 is $12k and $15k. So the pice of these are not way out there. Would have loved if it was $2k cheeper, but then again, these are the new times we live in.
Will have to pass on it for now, If I know it will be 12 to 18 months out, I might go for it. But with my luck, both will ship in the same month and that will be a big no no. Can't wait to see some game play videos of it.

There will be plenty opportunity to buy if you want. They're not exactly flying off the shelves.

#186 1 year ago

It occurred to me that even though they may be lagging on releasing a gameplay video, the game has to be ready to play by September when Cointaker has one at their tailgate party. It'll be a pretty revealing thing if there's no game ready to go by that point.

#194 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s different until isn’t RD, like CGC
As for the PB note re production, they collected up front money on promoting delivery of 2022 batch of 80.
There was no ambiguity about it.
It wasn’t “subject to this or that…”
Hopefully they can deliver on the promise this time

Shouldn't you legally be able to get a refund if they don't deliver when they said they were going to? It would seem that with any "non-refundable" deposit, that would be contingent on the merchant delivering on what was promised.

1 week later
#213 1 year ago

I hope you guys are right. As for me, it is a "Queen? Take my money!" scenario (and there are only two other themes that would do that for me). So I'm fully expecting that I might get burned and have to eat a couple/few thousand, but it's a gamble I'm willing to take. THIS time...

2 weeks later
#247 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I have to make sure I heard right first but I’m pretty sure gameplay will be viewable live .

I'll be there so if there's no streaming I'll be sure to get some video for you. Again...I don't think the two guys would come from Sweden to show their faces if they weren't proud of the game. So that's a good sign...

#250 1 year ago

If I didn't mention it before, as soon as the games ship, I'll be changing this to an owners thread so me and the other guy who bought one can discuss it.

#253 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I like our plan

You're getting one? That'll make TWO in Jersey, and I bet that's a nationwide record for any one state.

2 weeks later
#283 1 year ago

I'm completely bummed about the game not being at the tailgate party this month, but I'm still going because it'll still be a great time. That said, I'm starting to feel somewhere between a JJP preorder and a Predator preorder, which is to say I'm sure it'll either be a really long wait or I may never see the game.

But I still think the layout and ideas in the game look great (the art, not so much)...it'll all come down to the code, which will either save it or sink it.

#288 1 year ago

They already said on the podcast that building it would be pushed back to October due to parts issues.

The one thing that makes me hopeful is that the Queen guys recorded callouts for the game. I can't imagine it not coming out after getting a commitment like that from the band.

#306 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Yeah, but if you put Bond next to Queen.... especially if Queen costs more, it's no contest. A ton of really cool toys vs ???? A light up radio?

Doesn't matter as long as it shoots well. Don't get caught in the BOM trap, where all you care about are the toys and how many coils the thing has. If you do, then you basically think AFM a piece of shit.

#308 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Queen art doesn't look so bad all of a sudden.

Nah. It still looks bad.

#318 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this game debuting at the cointaker show or not? I'm hearing yes and no, which is it?

No. Something about licensing issues....

Yeah, okay.

On the positive side, I'll be there. So that's something. Barely.

#321 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Is there a chance of gameplay anytime soon…, or are we just holding our d!€ks in our hand?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes! There is a chance of gameplay video sometime soon!

Shame. I was enjoying holding on to my dick.

#323 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Long live the King.

You better hope so; he'd have to live a long time to be king for very long. Should be a quick turnaround on this one, and you'll have King William in no time.

Back on topic: I'm adding a poll. I know it'll be lopsided, especially once Levi votes No Way In Hell to whether he'd buy one or not.

1 week later
#326 1 year ago

I can't wait to play the game at the Cointaker Tailgate Party tomorrow...

...oh wait never mind.

#341 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, a video featuring about 10 seconds of actual gameplay footage padded out with 100 seconds of...other stuff.
Showing them how the big boys do it!

Which is different from Stern announcement videos how, exactly?

This actually looks better than I expected...even with the short clips. Happy I'm getting one, and I realize I probably won't see it until next year.

#343 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I was responding to “now THIS is how you announce a game!!”
Stern was not mentioned.
It’s a pretty low bar I suppose if this is what you’ve been waiting to see.
Roger Taylor sounds enthused to be making these callouts!

It's a low bar when you're happy to see anything at this point, and the shots look fun. I just don't understand why every post you make has to be so snarky and demeaning. Not judging because I do it...but I do it on rare occasions when some asshole truly needs to be bitch-slapped.

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Except Bond will actually work without freezing every 10 mins. Check out the Alien thread and what a disaster PB games are. The machines randomly freeze up, the driver boards catch on fire. They are just general awful quality.
Good luck on this!

You sound like the people talking about cabinet quality in Stern threads or playfield quality in JJP threads. You've been here long enough to know you only hear from the people who are complaining about the quality of their purchase. It's very seldom you hear someone say, "Geez, I'm so glad I dropped 12k on a game that works perfectly!"

I talked to the owners at the Cointaker party as well as people who owned Alien, and they told me the support is terrific. One guy got a whole new harness from PB. Try getting one of those from the big boys. I'm not concerned.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

T
I've been skeptical about an Italian-built pinball machine from a brand new pinball manufacturer.

Racist.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

10 mins in on a game tonight and this happens. Unplayable.
[quoted image]

Yeah...that sucks. I'm certainly not taking that away from you. You have a right to be pissed.

Forgot to mention they told me at Cointaker that they were hoping to show the game at Expo, so maybe that will be our first chance at seeing gameplay.

We can pretty much forget the fourth quarter delivery of the first 80 machines, though...

2 weeks later
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Maybe we'll see the game soon, after all....
[quoted image]

That's what the PB guys told me...they were trying to get it out for Expo. We won't see it in our homes until next year, I'm sure.

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice to hear Freddie's voice but this song is horrible.
Apparently a Miracle outtake...and they've promised there's several more!

Well...I'm glad somebody said it. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha and I thought you'd be unhappy with my "snarkiness."
Queen have been barrel-scraping for 30 years now, and there simply wasn't much "unheard" Queen stuff to begin with. They would do an album, and put out the "not good enough for the album" stuff as B-Sides, and that was that. They put together an entire posthumous album in the 90s, and it really had only 2 or 3 "new" tracks - the rest of the stuff was Queen solo stuff gussied up to sound more Queenish.
If that's the best they could do 25 years ago, you know whatever "gems" they stumble upon at this point in time to tack onto their endless parade of reissues and box sets are going to be...stuff like this.

Still better than Adam Lambert.

#400 1 year ago

The only guy I could have accepted as Freddie's replacement was George Michael. And...well...we all saw how that turned out.

Lambert is just way too shrieky for my taste.

#402 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My favorite parts of the "Queen" show I saw around 2015 was when Lambert wasn't on the stage.
Year of 39, I'm in Love with my car, love of my life etc.
I had resisted going for a while but I wanted to see Brian May play guitar and excellent day of show tickets opened up at MSG. It was a fun show and it had its moments...it was of course a "it is what it is" evening. I was 11 the last time Queen played a real concert so it was the best I was ever gonna do with Queen.
I'll admit it was a little touching when Brian said "Thanks for welcoming us back to MSG after all these years and letting us pretend to be rock stars again."

Anybody who's a rock star AND an astrophysics professor is the coolest guy ever in my book. The second time I saw Queen at the Garden in '81, I grabbed Freddie's arm at the end of the show when he reached out his arrow-covered jacket for people to pick off arrows as souvenirs. I didn't know that's what he was doing, and all I wound up with was a hand full of sweat. I didn't wash that hand for three weeks.

Luckily, I had my trusty pocket-sized instamatic camera with me and took a boatload of pics...

Queen13 (resized).jpgQueen13 (resized).jpgQueen9 (resized).jpgQueen9 (resized).jpg
#404 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow...how did you get so close?
From what I hear it was kind of anarchy in those days. A friend of mine saw KISS at MSG and someone had smuggled in a watermelon full of vodka, with a tap attached, which they were passing down the rows!

Billy Squier was the warm-up act (still great to listen to...shame he wound up working for the NYC parks service and was spotted mulching Central Park--but that's another story for another time). After he was done and as soon as the lights went out, we rushed the stage (had 8th row tickets). Back then there wasn't the barrier with security guys between the audience and the stage, so I literally spent the whole concert with my elbows on the stage. I still remember what it felt like when the flash pots went off at the end of Bohemian Rhapsody...the heat wave blew past me and scared the shit outta me.

And PS - my friend picked one of Freddy's arrows off his jacket. I recently contacted him and told him I'd buy it off him, but he lost it. Moron.

And note to self: Front row isn't as great as it seems. Brian threw picks over my head, Roger bounced drumsticks over my head, and you do have a tendency to get spit on by the singer with enormous teeth.

#405 1 year ago

Somebody post pics and gameplay from Expo...looking forward to seeing what I blew my down payment on.

#407 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

So 8 hours since the show opened and not a single video of queen posted anywhere? What gives

If you're on Facebook...

https://www.facebook.com/rbflipfrance/videos/527638659192386/

#409 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Still looks like a homebrew machine. Such a big license and such a big disappointment.
The fact this thread was started 3 months ago and there's only 408 post should tell us something.

Too early to tell...I'm more optimistic now than I was three months ago. I just hope the armor is more sparkly like they say it'll be because I can't stand that mustard-colored shit.

Also, there hasn't been much news about the game so there's not much to discuss. The Alien threads aren't exactly on fire, either.

#415 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Just looking at it, I feel like the Queen license deserves a LOT more, playfield wise. There just........isn't anything there, at all.

...except an upper playfield, magnets, drop targets with standup targets behind them, metal ramps, etc., etc.

Still glad I got one. It's a dream theme for me, and I'll be patient for code updates. People have to keep in mind it's on early code and show games are seldom set up right...and the sound sucks at shows. So I'm still a believer as I was when people dissed STh, SW, GOT, and most of my other games.

And Cary Hardy...c'mon, man! That was Who Wants to Live Forever playing on the machine. Amazing Queen song...

And PS - if this doesn't sell many games, it could be the next Magic Girl!

#416 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Has no one played this yet to offer a review or thoughts at expo?

Tell those awesome nutty Cointaker friends of yours to get over there and fire up a game!

#420 1 year ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/563097911275737/permalink/1143456726573183/
At the end he talks about Queen and wasn’t impressed. Hopefully there are more reviews coming out of this.

He hasn't been impressed with a lot of great games, so you'll excuse me if I don't give that a lot of credence. Again...I'm hopeful. More Pinside negativity on a new game before it's fully fleshed out. Bond is taking a spanking now, too.

#432 1 year ago

I think it looks great but I wish Brian and Roger weren't on quaaludes when they did the callouts.

#448 1 year ago

What DON'T you think is disappointing? You're like Captain Buzzkill on this site...

#461 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

All in all he was extremely excited with what he saw and played but doesn't sound like they will get the 80 out by end of the year. (Just speculating)
[quoted image]

That ain't speculating...but I swear to God, I know nothing.

#462 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

It's a recurring comment because obviously more than one person is getting home brew vibes from the game. It's great that you don't, I'm glad you like what you see. Others may have different reasoning but for me it's not about the armor or materials, I'm strictly talking about what I see on the screen and playfield. The playfield art in particular looks a bit amateurish, TO ME. Just an opinion. And the way the concert feels so disconnected from anything happening on the playfield is part of why I'm getting home brew vibes.
Just opinions. All of you folks who love what you see I am genuinely happy for you. You may not believe me but I am. I wish I was in your shoes and I hope to join you someday when I'm able to try the game for myself.

I agree with you but only when it comes to the cabinet and translite art. That's severely lacking, IMO. The playfield art isn't great, but I've gotta say I like the middle of the playfield a hell of a lot more than the three cartoons in the middle of the Rush playfield or Angus's monstrous face on ACDC.

#466 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Are all the call outs done by Queen themselves? Brian May etc?

Yes. Brian and Roger. Who clearly weren't coached by Ed Robertson.

Quoted from flynnibus:

but hopefully some artists will get to work on a alternate glass ASAP

I wish Chris Franchi would do an alternate translite. His Queen poster is epic and would look great on this game. (And my sneakers would look great in front of the game LOL!)

20221011_071851 (resized).jpg20221011_071851 (resized).jpg

#476 1 year ago

So here's a question: They don't actually lug those games all the way back to Europe after the show, do they? Did somebody buy the floor models?

#478 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Very excited if that's interactive LEDs in the apron!! Wish they would have done that on Alien from the factory vs buying the aftermarket Apron.
Been hearing more good things today from those who played it. Common thing they all say is hard to hear music and call-outs and code isn't anywhere near completion.
[quoted image]

Don't know what you're looking at, but I don't think there are any LEDs on the apron. There's reflection from overhead lights on the apron, and some holes pointing towards the playfield that you wouldn't see if you were playing anyway. But I think that's about it. I hope I'm wrong, though!

#480 1 year ago

Ah! That's what I thought you were looking at. Okay...my misunderstanding. I thought you meant the apron lights up. My bad.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Decided to stop fence sitting and put down a deposit for an LE today. Now the wait.

I think we'll all be happy someday. Not soon. But someday.

3 weeks later
#496 1 year ago

PB told me realistically there wouldn't be one in anybody's home until early 2023. If you're an early adopter like me, let's be honest: I'd rather be patient, have them work some kinks out, and get the code to a somewhat passable state than to get my machine now and have it suck donkey balls. Go play your other games, have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and look forward to an awesome 2023.

#501 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

GNR is the standard to measure against
At least try and come close

Oh dear God...I hope it's not THAT boring.

1 month later
#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

I removed mini playfield because some cables didn’t permit ball passage.
I found no great assemblage and cleaning. I found some plastic results downside mini playfield and 3/4 screw in the internal case.
When I closed all, i tried it and coil to put ball on mini playfield works bad. I need to open another time.
When I’ll be able to play I will update you.
Sound is very low and it isn’t convenient to turn on to play song. I think an update firmare can solve.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

*Sigh.* What a bummer. Hopefully this is early-adopter stuff (which I've experienced with many Sterns) and they'll get it together as they continue production. Sorry for your problems, buddy!

#524 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I guess I'm smarter than the average bear,

You are. Except for your comment about LZ in the other thread.

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You talking about how they let down all of us Zeppelin fans with that ugly ass game

Hooray! You found a new thread to be wrong in!

#541 1 year ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

The ramp under the miniplayfield has a problem with left edge. the left edge is not welded on base

You're in the same country these things are being built. At this point I'd ask for replacement parts or a replacement game. That's ridiculous.

#551 1 year ago

Thanks for the video. I still think the game will be fun once they develop the code. It's really early code still so it's kind of meh right now.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Marco buonasera posso chiederti che senso ha fare uno stream di un gioco che non funziona , o magari ha solo qualche problema di gioventù o magari bisogna solo capire meglio il funzionamento di un flipper della pinball brothers ? …visto che e’ il primo stream che a quanto pare gira in rete non sarebbe stato meglio aspettare che tutto funzionasse ? Perché dare a personaggi come kaneda la possibilità di sputtanare anche questo flipper , dopo Toy Story ? Lo dico con tutto il rispetto possibile ma non ho capito sinceramente la smania di streammare un qualcosa che non va e chiedere per giunta aiuto al gruppo pinside dove non c’è nessuno oltre la brigata milanese che ha ricevuto il flipper …..perché non chiedere prima a stefan rs pinball o provare a scrivere a kato che risponde sempre festività incluse ? #protagonismofuoricontrollo #comesputtanareunflipperinunsecondo #ilcontrariodiquellocheandavafatto #impariamociprimaadusarli #kanedavincefacile Bohhhhh . Grazie
[quoted image]
Marco good evening can I ask you what is the point of making a stream of a game that doesn't work, or maybe it just has some youth problems or maybe you just need to better understand the functioning of a pinball brothers pinball machine ? ...Since it is the first stream that apparently runs on the net, wouldn't it have been better to wait for everything to work? Why give characters like kaneda the chance to screw up this pinball machine too, after Toy Story? I say this with all possible respect but I have not sincerely understood the desire to stream something wrong and also ask for help from the pinside group where there is no one beyond the Milanese brigade that received the pinball machine ..... why not ask stefan rs pinball first or try to write to kato who always answers holidays included? #Protagonismout of control #comexputtanareunflipperinunsecondo #ilcontrariodiquellocheandavafatto #let's learn first to use them #kanedavincefacile Bohhhhh . Thank you[quoted image]

Enlightened people don't worry about what Kaneda has to say. He's got a lot to say for someone that only buys games to flip them. And he proclaimed Willy Wonka the best machine ever made...until it wasn't.

As a Queen buyer, I'm not worried. It's a Queen game, and while I know it likely won't be as good as my LZ, ACDC, or Rush, it's still better than having no Queen game at all.

#575 1 year ago

So...now that some owners have gotten their games, you other owners should let me know when I should change this to an owners thread. Happy to keep it as is for now.

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Owners threads are not converted from an existing thread. They have their own forum and a new thread is created.

Well that's not necessarily true. I've seen it happen a few times in the past. But whatever. Somebody can start another one for both of us owners to participate in.

3 weeks later
#591 1 year ago

.82 code released today. So that's promising...

#596 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Why? Pinball is all about some blinky lights. Plus you have all watched the movie. I always thought queen music sucked. I saw the movie and I was blown away! It got me thinking. Holy shit! Freddy diamond was all in! I understand now that every queen song is master piece. I’m more of aliens dude. If you are half of interested in title as I am on alien….you should go for it.

The movie was terrible, so...

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

No way! I like starship troopers and twister. I know a bad movie. That queen movie ain’t one of them. You should watch it again. How mister diamond got through all his shit and realized all his faults. That was epic! He realize he wasn’t the shit! He and band members were. They did that shit together. That was magical!

Oh. I get it. Sarcasm.

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Hopefully Ghiandalf doesn't mind me posting this here. He has Queen and has been kind enough to upload some great photos and videos. For those who haven't seen them here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0o5aVbMKxzyWo
And here's the link to his owners club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-owner-club
At this point Ghiandalf has given us more info on this game than Pinball Brothers. I hope to add this game to the collection someday, not quite sold on the gameplay yet but it has great potential.

Just looked at the pics. Not for nothing, but that cabinet speaker is pathetic...looks like it's a 6 inch woofer. This is a game that screams for a sound upgrade.

#610 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Most frustrating thing about his posts is that hes stuck tearing apart and trying to repair a brand new machine. The guys dedicated but i would have returned that turd under warranty on day one.

True dat! But my understanding is that the first three people that got machines in Italy all agreed to be beta testers with the full understanding that kinks would need to be worked out. Pretty sure that's why they kept the first machines "local."

#623 1 year ago

I can't watch it. It says it is still being uploaded.

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Very fast , you know I installed a black knight protector with minor adjustments so the shot are very similar to the stern theme .. if pinball brothers put a decent code with more adrenaline callout and game integration this queen pinball machine will be a blast to play for sure

Agreed...it looks like it's a blast to shoot. Now it's all about the code...

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Thinking your not liking this game at all.

And I'm thinking it's still way early code, so who cares?

4 weeks later
#647 1 year ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

Anyone know when shipping starts in U.S. for prepaid Rhapsody? I was told about 1 month a month ago but clearly didn't happen.

Just asked Melissa about this very thing. She said they have one shipment currently coming by air, then another one by air (both smaller shipments, I'm guessing) and then a container shipment across the pond.

I'm now at the point where I'm okay waiting so that they can work the bugs out and advance the code.

#656 1 year ago

Watched the Queen stream...the game looks fun and fast as hell. Yes...the code is still early, but it's come a LOOOONG way from where we first saw it. I'm feeling a whole lot better about my purchase now and can't wait to get mine.

PS - They mentioned that the first air shipment to the US goes out Monday or Tuesday. So if you're at the top of the list you can expect an email soon.

2 weeks later
#670 1 year ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

That hurts...
Have they provided any U.S. shipping updates? I stopped asking them.

There's a second air shipment going out soon followed by a container shipment which will...slowly...make...its...way...to...us.

1 week later
#677 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all knew this thing would be at a home brew level.

And yet, based on the latest streams, it's not. They're a boutique company just like Spooky, so games take longer to build and get out...and code is just as slow to develop as Stern titles. I like what I see (except for some artwork that I hate) and I'm glad I'm getting one.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

What artwork to do you hate? John Deacon?

Uh-oh...you're not the artist, are you? Didn't mean to offend if you are. I'm not into the cartoon-y look like the artwork on the translite. I also think the cabinet art is a little lazy...it's basically a two-tone print and the only spots of color you get are on the front of the cabinet where the Innuendo or Kind of Magic stuff is by the shooter and start button. I have no issue with the playfield and LOVE the Freddie illustration taken from the Neal Preston photograph at Live Aid. So it's really the exterior art I don't like.

BUT...keep in mind I'm not a fan of Dirty Donny and love Chris Franchi's work. So all art is subjective and some would think I'm nuts. There's a butt for every chair...

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

From post #4 in the TPF thread. They are there.
[quoted image]

...and most people seem to be pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. People who wouldn't own one probably just aren't into the theme, but for Queen fans, that's a great thing to hear. (And let's all remember that it's still running on very early code...we haven't even hit .90 yet!)

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Hopefully they’re on 0.90.
Glad to hear people are enjoying it! It’s a super fun game, and as you suggest, will keep getting better.

I thought the last update was .84 or .87? (I know you're heavily involved with the evolution of this game!) Any idea when you expect the full code will be done? Just wondering if it's a year out like Stern games seem to be.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Worst game of the show by a mile. It's a serious clunker, I actually found it more fun to play Humpty Dumpty than Queen. Ok, so the code is better than what it was at expo but it can't save what is a plain bad playfield design. What was also telling is that the Queen stand was the quiet stand of the show, You could easily play the game if you wanted to - PB have missed the boat both in terms of launch timing but massively in terms of competing with the other games. Only die hard queen fans will most likely be in on this, and the show must go on for them.

Fantastic! Looking forward to getting mine. My STh, GOT, and LZ were also considered the worst when they came out.

There seem to be a lot of mixed opinions here. Yes...it won't be the best game made, but it hardly looks as bad as you're describing. Time will tell...and if I hate it, I'll just sell it. All of the show ones sold on the first day, so it can't possibly be THAT bad...

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Just wondering who ordered from Cointaker and has received their game or has been notified that it has shipped to them. I put deposit down on July 23 of 2022 and have not heard anything. They will not answer emails.

Same. Deposit on July 21st. I just emailed to see if I was in the next batch and for the first time heard nothing back. I think they might just have fatigue from answering questions about it after TPF. No excuse, I know...but that is human nature to shut down for a bit when you're overloaded.

Quoted from Nstone4425:

Plus who got the game/floor modes at TPF has is that right to everyone who paid in full? K promise I'll STFU now.

Yeah, that burns my ass, too. But they have to have floor models, and after they take a solid beating, I'm sure people buy them just like any other show game for a slightly reduced price. I'd like my machine to be minty-new...not having had the crap smacked out of it at a show. So I'm good with a further wait.

#729 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Yeah think about CoinTaker, they're distro for Pinball Brothers and Dutch Pinball....they probably have one person that does nothing more than answer questions all day about status for these two manufacturers.

I get the sarcasm in your response, but they also distribute for a bunch of other, bigger companies. Not to mention all the other stuff they sell. And if they took a ton of orders at TPF--which they likely did--this is probably the worst time to be asking for a status update on anything. But then, I always try to remain positive with everything...

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I just got an email that my game shipped to me today. I suspect others will be as well now.

Nope. You wanna know what I got?

charlie-i-got-a-rock.gifcharlie-i-got-a-rock.gif
#735 1 year ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

40 ish games in and just cracked a half billion and have not read the rules yet.
A little bit of random rambling to kill the time for you all waiting.
I would suggest exploring this one some fun little surprises await.
Having an upper lock release issue but beyond that and air balls game play is pretty consistent without issues.
Unsure what the piano targets really do once you knock down the drops.
The Queen frenzy is a fun little side game. Attempted to stack it and Wembley 3 ball but keep just missing it.
Game flows well with the three main long shots (left and right orbits and center shot).
Just never know what your going to get when you buy without playing it first.
Few bugs on the screen I have noticed. The boot screen with code and firmware have popped up twice that I have noticed while playing.
Upper PF ball lock is not releasing still, put in a help request. I hope they correct this by holding the release pin down for 3 to five seconds rather than pulsing it. The pulse is just enough to start the first ball rolling out then the pin comes up and knocks all of the balls backward.
Biggest pet peeve is the fart sound when the upper playfield stand ups are completed and you re activate finished switches attempting to hit the lock shot.
At first I was not happy with the live song versions but now they are growing on me.
Currently running .86 was advised .91 is on its way soon.

Thanks very much for the updates!

#740 1 year ago

The opposing viewpoints on this game is really frustrating for those of us waiting for games. It's like, either people say the game is a lot of fun (or their family members do), or they make it sound like it's a piece of shit. Wish I could get mine to make my own determination. And people think Galactic Tank Force is polarizing...

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from Tommy-dog:

This is why people should play a game before buying it.

Unless you're the kind of guy who traveled to Switzerland just to see the Freddie statue; then you kinda have to buy the game no matter what.

1 week later
#788 1 year ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Did see a topper setting in the menu but

But what? Dude! Don't leave me hanging!

#797 1 year ago

Sounds like a bunch of you Aussies got a shipment. Hopefully they'll do another US shipment soon. Paid 7/21 and nothing yet.

#803 12 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

wi fi updates still take

I been emailing Cointaker with no response wondering when my queen will ship. Crazy taking so long on a game I was guranteed to get in 2022 because I paid in full. I was given the same 15-30 day email previously.

Let's hope the pictures of games being loaded into containers were bound for the US. And don't get me started about the updates. I was promised one, then they never followed up. Waiting for the game was so much easier when people were saying it sucked. Now that everyone's saying it's a lot of fun, it's making it a real slog waiting to get mine. (And thinking of the people that just bought one outright off the floor at TPF...)

1 week later
#814 11 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Cracked a billion for the first time. Didn't collect all of the instruments or plan red special but played autograph multiball. Still digging it
[quoted image]

Saw it at Allentown but didn't play it...just watched others play with my ear to the speaker to hear what was going on. Looked impressive and seemed to shoot well minus a few questionable clunkers that could be fixed with coil adjustments. Show games are never perfect so I'm not worried. Thanks for the updates while I patiently await my game. At least I got a Queen Pinball shirt at the show!

1 week later
#817 11 months ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

I think you broke this thread by drilling a hole into the cabinet. lol

That did take some serious balls. I'm still sitting in stunned silence.

1 week later
#820 10 months ago

Just posted on FB on the PB page that I hadn't gotten my Rhapsody yet after almost a year. They responded back that all Rhapsody orders should have been shipped by June or July at the latest. Good news for those of you who are waiting.

I do feel like I've been skipped over for some reason. I ordered July 21st...anyone here with a later order that got theirs already? (They actually suggested there might have been a mistake in filling my order...)

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#828 10 months ago

Pinball News reports that Pinball Brothers has stated they've caught up with all their backorders from June/July and are now taking orders for #500-750...which should ship within 6 weeks or so.

Nice.

But I still haven't heard about my machine ordered 7/21. Let's hope all this waiting will come to an end soon...

#830 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Your (and I’m presumably in similar window) delivery over under is Aug 31st. What’s your play?

Don't really understand your question. And I have nothing to play on since I don't have my game yet.

Gotta say...it's a little frustrating to pay for a game in July, be told it would be shipping in October, and then not see it nearly a year later. I knew it would be a wait, but this is starting to suck...

Okay...no more whining. I'll go back to playing my other games now.

#832 10 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Sorry wasn’t clear. I was trying to jokingly give you an over/under line like in sports betting. Said another way, do you think you’re gonna get your game before the end of August? Or sometime later? I think you and I are basically in the same timeframe in terms of when we ordered. And yes, I also be prepaid. Mentally though I’m still planning as if this is probably coming sometime late fall early winter.
The the one (I suppose) minor benefit is that I’m in the middle of moving to North Carolina so now I can have it delivered directly and won’t have to move it.

Gotcha. If PB isn't lying--and the jury is out on that--all Rhapsody Editions should be in owners hands this summer. I'm not holding my breath. Good luck with your move!

#834 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Nice unboxing / first impressions video, courtesy of RETROCENGO :

The best part for me is when he calls Wembley "Wimbledon."

#838 10 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Awesome. Was told my game was on its way over

And I was told nothing. I give up.

1 week later
#847 10 months ago

Got my invoice from Cointaker. I ordered 7/21/22. So, like Ice said, hang tight. Looks like they really are filling all the initial orders.

#851 10 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I ordered 7/22/22 and still no action.

Based on Icemans timeline it seems to be about a month from email to delivery. So we both still have a wait.

#854 10 months ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I recently received my Queen Rhapsody #33. I thought I was getting #30 but #33 showed up.
The QUEEN plaque was installed on the front however, I'm not happy with it's location. Nearly 1/2" is covered by the leg, including the screw head (see picture). I can move it down and over left approx. 3/4", but I'll need to drill 2 new holes in cabinet to change it. Hopefully, it doesn't have double sided tape holding it to the cabinet.
My Distro said: "The plaque was put on at the factory."
Kerry[quoted image]

That's horrible. I thought the plaques came in the goodie box. Thought I saw that in an unboxing video.

1 week later
#859 9 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Got back today and fired up Queen for a handful of games finally.
First of all, it looks great in person. As usual, pics don’t do it justice.
I’m really liking the shots so far and cool diverter action. Upper pf is a fun challenge as well.
The light show is fantastic.
Haven’t seen a lot of the game yet but the code by Ferret seems very cohesive, clear with many paths to play and def not linear. It makes much more sense to me already versus my GNR
The sound, haven’t played around with it yet. My GNR has pin woofers and it’s a rock concert in a pin.
My original Alien sound is on another level as well. Queen is pretty damn good but haven’t pushed the limits yet.
Overall, only after a handful of games my expectations have been exceeded but I need to put at least 50 games or so on it to really know.

I've heard great things about the sound, but I'm addicted to Pinwoofer systems with my music pins. I'm hoping he can come up with something (he probably won't bother), or I'll just have to throw in a subwoofer and enjoy it the way it is.

#886 9 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Finally figured out why I was never getting the right ramp registered/scored:
[quoted image]

I just figured out why mine wasn't registering, either...

BECAUSE I HAVEN'T GOTTEN IT YET!!!

#890 9 months ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Dear SLLABNIP, who did you order your game from? Did you pay in full or deposit? I ordered my from Cointaker on 7-23-2022. Still no game

Thank you. I ordered 7/21. I was starting to think it was just me.

I'm thinking I should drive down to Covington, VA next week with a case of beer and we can both celebrate a depressing one year anniversary together.

#893 9 months ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

7/24/22 order. Just got shipping info.

Oh. Great. So they're working backwards.

#899 9 months ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

Arrived with newest code, Bohemian Rhapsody is fun. The game feels like a party. Not sure how non-Queen fans will react though.
[quoted image]

They're not allowed in my house so that's not an issue.

#905 9 months ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I love when coders/designers chime into these threads like you do Ferret.
Makes me want a Queen.

Makes me want a Queen, too.

#907 9 months ago
Quoted from reffob:

Do you seriously not have your game yet?? Damn

Nope. Some other people in the same boat that ordered around the same time as me (7/21/22). Some people ordered later and received theirs. Not really sure what's up with that but I'm starting to feel like I inadvertantly pissed somebody off somehow...and I haven't really bothered the distro with repeated calls specifically to avoid that. Didn't work. I'm starting to hate this hobby.

#914 9 months ago
Quoted from Mjesposi:

I have to say that I have never seen such amazing customer service and quick responses as I have experienced with Pinball Brothers customer support.
The response time was incredibly quick and they worked to quickly resolve my issue with a an auto launcher mech that broke. Refreshing to say the least as I am honestly not used to this type of customer service on my machines.
Great experience!!!!

I'll tell you what else is impressive: the 9-ply playfield!!!

#924 9 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

There is hope! Just got my shipping notification (ordered on the first day of availability at Cointaker). Got my Freddie Mercury figure all ready to mount somewhere!

No there isn't. I've heard nothing and my one-year anniversary is tomorrow. And I even got an awesome trademark-infringement rug from China to go under the machine and everything.

#926 9 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

beelzeboob, have you been in very recent contact with Cointaker about your situation? It really seems like it's well past the point where you need to be in constant communication with Chris and Melissa until your machine is physically in your game room.

I called a couple weeks ago. The lady I spoke to spoke to Melissa who told her to tell me all was well and she'd handle it. I'll call tomorrow again. Not quite panicking yet.

#933 9 months ago

Picking my game up from Cointaker tomorrow. So I can shut up about it now.

The bad news: I'm painting my basement so I still can't set it up for a few days. God hates me.

#937 9 months ago
Quoted from rosh:

So set it up elsewhere until the painting is done. More than once I set up a game in the garage while waiting for help to move it into the basement.

Nope. If I set it up elsewhere in the house, the grandturds will have access to it and f**k my s**t up. Ask me how I know...

#938 9 months ago

Set up my game but haven't played it yet. A couple of issues I have questions about:

1. I removed the translite, but now can't get the lock to engage with the hole in the metal piece behind it. It simply won't line up no matter what I do. Has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

2. How do you put the LE plaque on the front of the machine? They didn't drill any pilot holes? REALLY??? I'm kind of amazed they couldn't put the damn plaque on for the money it cost.

I'm sure when I play the game and get things tweaked I'll be done bitching. But right now, I can't even get there yet. Thanks in advance for any help!

#940 9 months ago

2 more questions (not that the last two got answered...LOL!):

1. Is there a manual for this thing? I didn't get one and I'd like to know what the hell I'm looking at.

2. Is there a subwoofer out anywhere to add a sub? I'd be able to find this if I had the manual...

And I hate the screws holding the playfield down. I'm guessing they're optional.

Cross-posting now in the owner's thread to see if I can find answers there as well!

#942 9 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

You mentioned in the other thread your Wembley lock isn't registering... so the diverter isn't engaging to send your balls to the lock area, or it is but they aren't being recognized once there? If the latter, I assume something is wrong with one or more of the optos up there.

Yeah...either of the lanes I send it up when lit for Wembley has no effect on the diverter. I'm going to double check all connections and then test optos/coils to see if I can nail down the problem.

#943 9 months ago

Just want to mention on this thread that the game is really lots of fun...even when some of the features aren't working on my game yet. But I'm glad I got it, and I'm sure I'll be really glad when everything is dialed in.

And no...it's not just a PB problem that I have to troubleshoot a new game. You don't want to know the nightmare I went through with many Stern machines...so naysayers about this game should probably shut up.

#944 8 months ago

So after dealing with a misaligned wembley lock, I'm now trying to figure out how to deal with the ramp rejects...especially on the right (Roger Taylor) ramp, where I haven't gotten it up there successfully even once. My pitch is at 7 degrees and flippers are factory. I actually launched the ball into that slot at the top of the center ramp where it got stuck. Good times!

Also, where's the trap door and what does it do or where does it lead?

Thanks for any suggestions!

#946 8 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Are you running the newer code.
This helps with the ball trap at the ramp divertor.
Once they get the air ball issues, ball up kick fixed and sound sync fixed - this will be a very solid game.
It has been the biggest draw in my collection to visitors.

Yes...it shipped with 1.0C. I don't know how you deal with airballs off the targets or off the top of ramps without changing the level or flipper power. Just wondering if anyone had those issues and how they fixed it. It's unplayable if I can't make the right ramp, and just frustrating when half my shots come back down the center ramp.

And it's pretty funny when I hit the left target and it flies right back into the shooter lane. It's like those Stern targets that don't drop when you hit 'em.

#948 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

7 degrees sounds steep. Did you try 6? Don’t know what my game is set to, never measured. Just set it up by hand.

The manual suggests 6.5 to 7. I set all my machines up steep to speed it up. Sometimes it backfires...and I'm thinking this is one of those times. I'll back it off a notch and see what happens. Thanks for the feedback!

#950 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

7 degrees sounds steep. Did you try 6? Don’t know what my game is set to, never measured. Just set it up by hand.

Thanks for this...I lowered the pitch and it's helped a lot. Still getting some center ramp rejects, but I'll keep tweaking it. Just afraid if the slope gets too low the game will get floaty. But what a blast this game is...and what a bitch the upper playfield is to complete. Lock 6 balls to start red special multiball? Yeah...it COULD happen.

#952 8 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You know you can start Red Special MB with as few as two balls, right?
Glad you’re loving the game!

Nope. Because I'm not skilled enough to even lock two balls! Thanks for the heads-up and great work on the code. It really is a hell of a lot of fun...and that's not just a honeymoon phase talking because I was really skeptical.

No excuse for them installing the pop caps upside down or installing a backglass latch that doesn't latch. That's just stupid stuff...

#959 8 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

For those of you getting your machines in the next few days. See if you can fit a ball between the glass and apron. There is a new designed apron for the later builds that is suppose to fix this ball trap. I am waiting on mine.
6.5 pitch
Check your Wembley ball lock divertor adjustment. It may cause lane ball hop into the pops if is to far toward the player position and is an easy fix.
Check up post height at the back center. If its too low it can cause a ball trap.
Check your magic shot wire gate. This can be a ball trap area also.
Check your Pops and adjust the leaf switches and up the power to get more Pop action. If it roll past a skirt you'll see what I mean.
Order Flipper return springs (williams) your factory ones will break - trust me.
Dial in your flippers. No EOS so you may get flipper knock down till you get them right.
If you have solder skills get a Stern spinner and swap it out - you will thank me. Stickers are easily transferred.
Remove that blue plastic protector on the lit sides for goodness sakes. I have seen people playing with it still on lol.
Lastly I would buy it again in a heartbeat. Customer service is great and all of the above items can be fixed. Fun game.
PB . Fix the multiball ball trap we discussed and ship my Apron . Add a plastic at the pop area to keep the ball from going up under the ramp causing a trap. Work on the voice to vid sync please. Some songs are spot on and some seem to be a second off. The BRC timed game is fun but the sound needs work. Cant wait for the next update.
Why cant someone design a drop target with a front facing top extended edge or angled inward front facing surface to reduce air ball launches? It seems like an easy fix for a common issue.

And you make some amazing mods...hope you're getting some ideas for this game!

#961 8 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yes. The upper PF takes some work!
But 3 gives us a mini I think? Don’t recall

Ferret set me straight on that...I have been duly humbled:

Quoted from Ferret:

You know you can start Red Special MB with as few as two balls, right?
Glad you’re loving the game!

#967 8 months ago

So the stars aligned and I just became a member of the 4.5 billion club. Saw every multiball in the game except the final wizard mode. (Red special, wembley, autograph hunt, and completed bohemian rhapsody.) Not sure what Queen Frenzy does but I played that as well.

But here's the important thing...

During the game, TWO balls launched off targets and wedged on top of the apron. The only way I could see to dislodge it was to slide the glass back a couple inches and then use it to shoot the ball off the top of the apron. So...two lost balls.

Does anyone know of a temp fix for this until PB figures a permanent one out?

And kudos to Ferret for great code...the deeper the game got, the better it was. Really epic stuff! (But yes...you have some dead air after multiballs that has to be filled in...it seems incomplete.)

Job well done to all involved!

20230806_165046 (resized).jpg20230806_165046 (resized).jpg
#971 8 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

So you missed Roadie, Encore and Stage Set multiballs as well?
Frenzy just makes every target count more. Very valuable in multiball.

. Um....wut???

Quoted from Pinballer73:

From what I've read elsewhere in this thread there is a new apron design from PB that corrects this problem. Go to the PB website and raise a ticket there. I have found them to be very responsive and efficient rectifying problems in the past. In fact I'd say their support is second to none.

Thank you...I'll do that!

#975 8 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Are people digging this is it hard does it have lasting power? How is the code? Does it have as many problems as aliens pinball or did they work all the kinks out?

I've had to tweak some Sterns way more than this game. And some things are still a nuisance (like the ball trap on the apron mentioned above and airballs off targets). But as of right now, I MAY actually like this game better than my Rush LE when everything is working right. And I really like Rush, so that's high praise.

#978 8 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Are we talking as skeptical as Alien? I played about 10 games on one and wasn’t the greatest of fans but decided to take the plunge on a pretty cheap second hand one and I’ve been pleasantly surprised ever since.

Where would you rank it in your collection?

Alien is a really fun game as well. That game was plagued by a lot of problems, though. I'd definitely put this game in the top half of my games. I can't really rank games, especially when they're new, because you can't really be sure how much is a honeymoon-phase thing. But as a huge Queen fan, I'm satisfied that they put out a great game that's worthy of the band. Some of the artwork isn't to my liking, but the gameplay is terrific and that's what counts the most.

#980 8 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I’m not a Queen fan

This is where I stopped reading.

#986 8 months ago

I had three people over tonight. Two of them liked Queen the best out of my whole collection. The third liked Led Zeppelin the best. So make of that what you will...but I think it bodes well for this being considered a great game down the road.

#988 8 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

So I got it set up and put a few games on it..I’ll give my thoughts on what I’ve observed so far. The sound system is amazing, especially after adjusting all the volume levels other than the music down to 60 give or take. The callouts and fanfare would drown out the music at the factory levels.
Visually stunning, the lights mounted in the apron facing the flippers are awesome. Lit side blades are killer.
Things that might not appeal to some: the drop targets can severely disrupt the flow. Hit a mini loop shot and the ball comes out the other side and hits the back of the other drop target sometimes causing a drain instead of feeding back to the flipper. One of the shots on the right the goes up under the mini playfield more often than not hits something under the mini PF and comes back. I haven’t taken the time to investigate what it’s hitting or where it’s even supposed to go…can’t really see up under there very well. The objective shot can sometimes be confusing, for instance the screen often says “shoot the album alley” took me a minute to figure out where that even is. The ball gets trapped between the metal flap and the ramp coming up from the left VUK. Hopefully it will “break in”.
I’ve heard great things about pinball brothers support and will need to put it to the test. There are definitely some issues in the condition that it was delivered to me even though there was no damage to the box itself. One head scratching quality control issue that I took pictures of, maybe I have too high of standards with a $12,000 machine. What kind of saw blade was used on this playfield side rail?? Beaver tooth??
[quoted image]

That side rail is definitely NOT cool...

#992 8 months ago

And I was complaining about upside-down pop bumper caps and misaligned translite latches. I got lucky, I guess...but yeah, they clearly don't give a shit in the factory. Just the fact that they don't even put the LE plaque on the game shows you how rushed everything is.

#996 8 months ago

It's a really good game...really great code. The quality control sucks, and I'm pretty sure the boys in Sweden are none too happy about it.

#997 8 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Here’s the rest of the pics of things not PB brothers fault including:
Rusty grab rails under the PF
Dinged up backbox/decals/side rail.
All the apron cards and stickers appear to have gotten wet.
Goodie Box took a beating.
Without any damage to the box how would you ever guess. Aside from unboxing it before you let the truck driver leave.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I certainly hope you're opening a ticket with PB and attaching all those pictures so you can get it all replaced. They can send it all in one shipment...and should. One question after seeing the goodie box: What was the condition of the shipping box on the game? Just wondering if exterior damage caused that or they knowingly put that in the shipping box which was otherwise perfect when it arrived.

#1002 8 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

There was no visible damage to the shipping box. Seems like maybe it tipped hard to one side and hit the backbox against something. The only thing protecting the machine inside the cardboard was a plastic bag. Maybe the impact to the backbox ruptured the plastic bag allowing damp/salty air into the machine. The plastic bag was very yellowed/discolored.

That's definitely not normal and I'm sorry that happened to you. I'd be shocked if PB didn't make you whole on this. Their customer support is the best.

#1006 8 months ago

And I was proud of 4.5 billion.

1 week later
#1016 8 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

I think I saw someone else had done this, but added a little more Freddie to my game. Haven’t quite nailed the pose, but he hangs in there during gameplay just fine. Really enjoying the game!
[quoted image]

How did you attach him? I can't figure out a way to do it without messing up the plastics. And I can't get him to hold onto the microphone, either. So now I just have an overpriced Freddie doll. And I'm a 58-year-old man.

And that's just creepy, yo.

#1019 8 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Waiting on our pop sample, shooter plate sample and the apron emblem. More mods to come.

You know I'm a huge fan of your stuff, so I'm anxious to see what you've got.

#1021 8 months ago

https://www.amazon.com/Tamashii-Nations-Freddie-Mercury-Singing/dp/B0177DRSD4

This one is the one he has pictured above. Mine is a little different and he has the t-shirt on from Live Aid rather than the Wembley jacket, but I can't even find that one anymore, either on Amazon or Ebay. The price of this one is ridiculous...

#1023 8 months ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

This is the one: ebay.com link: itm

That's the cheapest I've seen it. Still ridiculous. I think I bought mine for $80-something. Still ridiculous for a plastic doll.

Perfect pricing for this insane pinball hobby, though.

#1026 7 months ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/queen-freddie-mercury-in-yellow-jacket-7-scale-action-figure.html
The above is an Australian website. Looks like Neca are re-releasing these.

That one says seven inches. The others are six, and even at that height you have a problem clearing the glass. I think that's why the guy above has him crouching down in his pose.

#1029 7 months ago

My God, I love this game. Just played it for about an hour...couldn't stop. BUT...

...what's the fix for the stiff targets that create airballs? It's the same problem with some Sterns, and I think I remember someone saying they used a stronger spring or something to get it to drop. Very frustrating when you hit it to no avail.

#1030 7 months ago

Played for about an hour with a buddy today. We had the song drop out for well over a minute until I drained the ball. Also, after a Wembley multiball and during I Want to Break Free, after the multiball ended and my friend hit the scoop to complete the song, the blue boot screen came on, then back to the game, then flashed on again...about five times in total. But it never ended the game or reset anything. Really weird.

So, there you go, Ferret ! Consider this a bug report. But man, you've really done a great job with this.

#1032 7 months ago

Looks like 2.0 will be out tomorrow...correct me on that if I'm wrong, Ferret! And the improvements look awesome!

1 week later
#1041 7 months ago

Dear Ferret -

I swear to you that I'm a straight and happily-married man. But when I tell you that you should be glad you don't live anywhere near me because if you did I'd probably kiss you full on the lips...well...I'm not really sure I'm joking.

The new code is superb. The game is amazing. And I think the work you've put into it to make it that "hidden gem" you were hoping it'd become will certainly come to fruition. When the game came out, I mistakenly listened to the naysayers, admittedly because it was an unproven company and I wasn't a huge fan of the artwork. (I'm over it now, btw!) I waited a week to order and finally pulled the trigger.

I got the game a year later, and yes...I had some really stupid problems that shouldn't have been overlooked in the factory, but were ultimately easy fixes. I love the "hidden" shots where you're not really sure where the ball will wind up (the Roger Taylor shot is a perfect example), and the geometry of the game is fantastic. (Never mind the people who say it isn't...they likely don't have the game set up right or are just bricking shots.)

But it's been the code that has brought it all together into one stellar package, and keeps me hitting the Start button like I haven't since I was trapped inside with Stranger Things during the pandemic.

So thank you thank you thank you to Ferret and the entire Pinball Brothers team (I know you're reading this!). It's not the Queen game I would have imagined as a lifelong super-fan, but it's surpassed my expectations in every way and is a game that will stay with me for a very long time.

Now if I could just get that apron replaced...

Your friend,
Boob

#1048 7 months ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Somebody like Zeplin.

It's a great game. Now get back in the basement where you belong.

#1050 7 months ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Anyone else experiencing a code glitch?? New V2.0D/1.03 firmware…after completing a song and hitting the ball into the album collect saucer. You are then given the choice of a new song, choose a song then the screen freezes on the song selection image and doesn’t kick the ball up into play. Or even when you’re in a song and the screen says “shoot the green lit shot” and there aren’t any green lit shots. Sometimes the mini playfield toggles between white and green but those aren’t the song mode shots. Something’s a little off with some of the song mode progression shots and the associated lighting.
Maybe it depends on the song you choose. I’m still scratching my head about the song mode where you apparently have to “double flip to the beat” to progress the mode. Not very intuitive, maybe that’s why there are several of these machines up for sale right now…??

Haven't seen that glitch, although the lit shots thing I may have noticed...some of the lighting confuses me because I'm not sure what I have to shoot to advance to the end of the song. But I'm pretty sure that's user error.

Don't know anything about the double-flip to the beat thing...maybe Ferret can chime in about that. But there are also a ton of Godzillas for sale right now, and there are many that consider that game a masterpiece, so I wouldn't look too deeply into the meaning of games that are for sale.

#1055 7 months ago

Does anyone else's shaker shake like crazy when you turn your game on? Scares the shit outta me every time. Doesn't happen on any of my Stern games and just wondering if that's something that can be changed.

2 weeks later
#1065 6 months ago
Quoted from damienwibaux:

Hi everybody !
What is according to you the best way to increase the score on this machine ? Collect characters ? Instruments ? Multiballs ?
I will receive mine next week (Rapsody edition), I am looking at the rules but it seems so many things to do...
Thanks for your answers

Don't get the ball trapped between the apron and glass.

I think it's probably a combination of all of the above, but I just enjoy playing the game and don't worry about the score too much.

1 week later
#1074 6 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is it true PB are doing something new with Queen?
A new edition maybe?

New backglass, apparently. But then they have to update the code on the attract mode, which blends in nicely with the current backglass. I'm not sure of any other artwork updates, but supposedly they're going to show what they've got at Expo if the artwork is approved by the license holder.

#1078 6 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

I think they said all new art cabinet too

Awesome. That would piss me off all over again after the alien announcement because now I'll be stuck with that bullshit cabinet art, which IMO is the worst part of the game.

#1079 6 months ago

You can see the new backglass in the new Cary Hardy video from Expo. It's within the first 45 seconds or so as he walks by the Queen games. It appears to just be the Queen crest with a bunch of spotlights on it:

#1084 6 months ago
Quoted from spinout:

Gonna be honest, last year I was all meh on Queen. Couldn't hear it, felt floaty, not adjusted and that was all about an hour after they opened the box.
This year I walked up, One Vision came on and everything clicked. Holy cow was it fun. Great game... and I don't even like Queen music! Bravo!
Just one problem, I need one on location near me!
[quoted image]

After getting Queen and Alien, I'm convinced PB is the King of Underrated Games. Both are fantastic, and eventually people are going to catch on.

#1087 6 months ago
Quoted from damienwibaux:

Ferret, a friend got a real lock which allows to see balls locked in the guitar instead of having a virtual lock. Where is it possible to purchase it ? I opened a ticket pinball brothers but the answer is to wait the add-on line early next year. However, this real lock does exist

How is that even possible? There are 6 balls in the game. If you have 2 balls locked for Wembley, and 4 balls locked for Red Special...no more balls.

#1097 5 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Wondering if the home screen will change in the next update so that the new back art will not have freddies pants and drum set below the crest. Ferrett have you though that one through yet?
Just thinking out loud.
Early test fit for those interested . [quoted image]

Yes, I'm interested and have been waiting...and what the hell took you so long?

#1105 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Giving a Rhapsody edition some serious consideration for next game, what are everyone’s thoughts on layout, code, lastability etc… any rumors of any additional music or features being added? Any major issues with the build? Solid song list but a couple tracks missing I would love to see added.
I played the game at Pinfest and enjoyed it but couldn’t really hear much and thought it was a very nice looking machine and had quite a bit to shoot for on PF.
Thanks

It's a great game and you won't even mind the live versions of songs since they were the greatest live show out there at the time (Kiss wasn't a slouch, either!). They won't be adding songs, I don't think, but there are so many shots in this game and so many multiballs that have to be earned (and aren't easy to earn) that it'll keep you coming back for more. I originally held off on it, but I'm glad I got one...and I bought an Alien after it because Queen was so good.

Ignore the annoying things from the factory (upside-down pop bumper caps on mine, the LE plate not being affixed to the machine, and no apron cards on my Alien)...once you dial the games in alongside the best tech support in the business (they answer you almost immediately and you'll have any replacement parts you need within days), it'll be one of the favorite games in your collection.

#1107 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for the feedback. If they were to add something would love to see Tie Your Mother down added. Head scratcher it isn’t in the setlist for game.

That's the problem with Queen: Too many great songs. Fat Bottomed Girls--although recently cancelled (LOL)--would have been great. I'm In Love With My Car. Brighton Rock. Keep Yourself Alive. There are too many to mention, and all would've been awesome, but I'm sure Brian and Roger had input into what songs made it onto the machine, much like Rush did.

#1108 5 months ago

What are peoples' strategies for getting to Bohemian Rhapsody? I've done it ONCE--no idea how I did it. But wondering how you play Wembley multiballs to complete tough songs, and what songs have less/easier shots to complete to finish the song. Getting through four in one game is proving a daunting task for me.

#1111 5 months ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

there is an adjustment to set how many songs need to be completed to qualify Bohemian Rhapsody. There is no shame in turning that down to two.

That is correct. The game rules are very tied to the tunes. Lit song mode shots change based on featured players and all tunes are segmented for resuming so that Queen is not a 'game of intros'.
Even if you could replace music files it would be very involved since the rules are based on features within each tune.
Queen is not just a music game - it is a 'music video game'. Whenever the band is playing we feature 'sync'd video. This turned out to be a significant technical issue.
It is only within the last couple of releases that we have achieved consistent sync without artifacts.
The final result is worthy and I hope that everyone who played it six and even four months ago check it out now. 
ddt

The sound work on the game is epic--thanks for your great work on it! And as for Alien...it's equally amazing, but in an entirely different way. You're the best audio guy in the business, as far as I'm concerned.

#1115 5 months ago

With the new 2.04 code, even if you dont complete a song on a ball, you can usually continue it on the next ball and it still counts as a second “song”. So strategy is to attempt to complete a song to max out points.
Songs with fewer scoring hits are a good choice.
Anothet one Bites the dust and Seven Seas of Rye are good easy to play modes

Thanks...I always play out a song on the next ball trying to complete modes. But I had one song yesterday (forgot which one) where I had a Wembley multiball and at the end had completed ZERO shots for the song. Pretty sad and funny at the same time.

#1119 5 months ago
Quoted from GlennTwiddle:

Did they just forget my backglass lights, or is the champion edition a lil lacking ?[quoted image][quoted image]

1 week later
#1128 5 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

The apron guide rail fix is live for those that have been waiting. Pb is on it with cuatomer service and feedback. Buy with confidence.
[quoted image]

You mean buy the game with confidence, right? I shouldn't have to buy the rail.

Quoted from musketd:

Owners how is this game is it fun? Are the rules any good? Is it hard or easy ?

It's one of my favorites. Challenging but not impossible. (Although I can't for the life of me get back to Bohemian Rhapsody more than the one time I did it...and I don't want to make it easier in software because I'll feel like a wimp.) Great shots and geometry, and the software updates have been fantastic. And, of course, PB tech support is second to none. I think you'll love it...the art package is the only thing lacking, IMO.

#1137 5 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Check flipper bat clearance. Remove glass and see how much up and down movement you have on the sticking side vs the other good side.
I never installed my tilt bob game is a bit tough.
Also get you some sling plastic protectors from Marco specialties Id recommend the yellow version, I have already lost one sling plastic.

2 Things:

1. Can you post a picture with the yellow plastic protectors? Trying to decide between that and clear.
2. Where the hell are your sweet pop bumper covers? Just looked at the picture again and drooled...

#1140 5 months ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Yellow protectors.
[quoted image]

Thanks. Tell me where to send my money for the pop bumpers.

#1160 5 months ago
Quoted from musketd:

Unfortunately hate the fact that the main song modes in the game have no animations to them which is extremely odd so going to pass on this one just seems very odd to me and half baked if you ask me

laa-laa-grievous-error.giflaa-laa-grievous-error.gif
#1163 5 months ago

Question on the gameplay for thesong Who Wants to Live Forever. When you start that mode it take a long time before any targets turn green to begin scoring the song. It seems there is a lot of risk and little reward to just play before the scoring shots go live / is this intentional? I have just found its easier to cradle the ball until the mode is ready / but very boring to do this. Thoughts?

I've found that one of the easier songs to complete. Don't really know what the hell I'm doing, but somehow I get it done.

Quoted from Psw757:

Haven’t played this song yet as it’s a bit of a snoozer, not sure what they were thinking when they selected it for the game. I’ll have to try and see what you’re talking about.

It's one of Queen's most beautiful songs, and I think it was written around the time Freddie found out he had AIDS. Perhaps they use it as a tribute to him in the game. It's pretty powerful in its entirety, but I can see where it would bore some people. I use it to take a break from all the loud songs...and I do play the game at a high volume.

#1165 5 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not saying it’s not a good song musically or I don’t like it but just not a uptempo toe tapper to get you into shootin the shots in the game.

I got you and totally understand. I just use it to decrease my heart rate so I don't stroke out.

3 weeks later
#1177 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure it’s a bug but 1 in every 10 games I’m getting a hard reset of game mid game usually occurs during a high scoring game. Also usually on this same game one of the 3 balls chooses song automatically without me pressing flipper buttons.
Kind of odd and don’t think it’s an adjustment because it will be fine like I said for say the other 9 out of 10 games.

I've seen that once. Problem is, I don't score that much...

#1182 4 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Maybe not biting, but a minor earthquake running through my house every time I switch the machine on, is an annoying bug. A code update to fix that shaker motor issue alone would be welcome.

Yeah, I'm not sure why PB games do that. Both Alien and Queen do that when I fire them up. Still scares the shit outta me, and it seems so unnecessary when it doesn't happen with any other manufacturer.

1 week later
#1184 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Additionally it’s a bit odd when you time a song out and it’s basically silence while showing random clips. Another spot for some additional random tracks, riffs or band interviews.

I was playing with a friend and noticed this for the first time. I thought it was hilarious. It was footage of the band driving around a track in go-karts, seemingly waiting for you to finish the damn mode and pick another song. In another one, you just have Freddie singing his ay-ohs in Budapest by himself as he waits for you to pick a song. I think it's really funny. If you don't like it, I figure you should hurry up and pick a damn song.

#1186 4 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The clips are fine and don’t think I have seen the ay-ohs yet although I did do something in a mode where every shot was a ay-oh I think.
I was trying like a sob to hit that shot to pick a new song but I seem to find it tough to time off the right flipper so was flailing around for what felt like 5 minutes. Lol

My problem is the damn target blocking the song select scoop...the ball keeps airballing off of it unless I hit it on the edge or an angle. Really annoying. And then...it goes back up before I can make the shot.

1 week later
#1202 4 months ago

Hello QUEEN owners... I posted this in the "owners" thread as well. Thought I could get some extra help from here.
I have some questions on my NIB Rhapsody that just arrived last week.
1) the translite lock is very strange. I had to take translite out to get plastic film off and now I can't figure out how to get lock back in and secured. The push in tumbler only works "if" translite isn't in the game. Once in the game it won't push in to lock.
2) after lifting up playfield and tightening flipper bats, my (2) glass lock down latches hit the underside bracket and won't allow me to latch it down properly. Note: I had to take tape and tape them (unlatched) flush against the cabinet "before" lowering playfield, so they could be latched properly. Very Strange.
3) I've only played about 8 games... dozens & dozens dimples on the playfield. Normal?
4) My Wembly Stadium right post has hit the underside of the cabinet, by top glass channel. It's bent and cracked on the bottom.
5) I have the left slingshot plastic with big chip out of it already
6) Anyone have, or know where to get QUEEN score / information cards for the apron?
Let me know.
Thanks
Kerry

1. I had to dremel out the top of the receiving latch about a 1/16" for my latch to work. How it got in there in the first place, I don't know. Drove me nuts.
2. Just flip back your latches before lowering the playfield. My latches were so tight I actually hurt myself trying to lock them down.
3. Dimples are always normal, and yes, it's because of all the airballs off the targets. Shawn had me lower my flipper power a bit and it improved things...but those damn targets still won't drop half the time.
6. As stated, score cards should have been in the goody box. I didn't have them with Alien and had to get replacements...let Shawn know at tech support. And the Queen cards are nothing much anyway...

You're at the frustration stage with this game. Been there, done that. Let me know when you get to the "holy shit, this game is awesome" stage.

#1206 3 months ago

I put blue tape on Translite lock bracket. The I blacken out the tip of the barrel pin on lock. I pressed it firmly against the blue tape and it left its mark. Upper right corner of opening needed a little love from my Dremmel. I dremmeled out the top corner about the thickness of a credit card. Lock pin slides in easily and locks nicely now

You're welcome.

#1209 3 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

It's more than that: with most of the songs, the game rules are tied to the song. For example, in some songs, the Freddie shot is lit while Freddie is singing, and the Brian May shot is lit during a guitar solo -- stuff like that. At a casual glance, you might think it's just random "shoot the flashing shots" until you realize this -- the song selection screen does offer guidance -- but once you're familiar with each song's rules, that provides major clues about what to shoot "now" and "next". Even if you hacked the hard drive to swap audio and video, you wouldn't be able to update the game rules to match.
I totally understand wishing that a favorite Queen song of yours was in the game -- I have a couple on my own wish list! It's really a lot like going to a live concert... you can have an amazing time and love everything the band played, and still think "Dang, I wish they'd played XYZ." With the pinball, even if you think "Dang, I wish it played XYZ", we certainly hope you have an amazing time and love everything about playing it.

You really did a wonderful job on the code. The only thing you could have done better is if the game had Fat Bottomed Girls and my ass lit up.

#1218 3 months ago

I also find the flipper power randomly dropping during play. likely a software issue since it comes and goes - you can have full power then suddenly your flipper is barely blooping the ball. Very strange
And i am running the lower flippers at -15% with precision flippers installed - so shots are solid at this level normally - except when they are not

Just saw that for the first time yesterday during a multiball...

#1226 3 months ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone else have an issue where turning off attract music doesn’t turn it off?
Also code request for PB if they monitor this thread. I like having attract on but there needs to be a setting where you can have say 1 audio clip every 10-15 minutes vs non stop.
So options would be off/on(non stop like now) and every 10-15 minutes.

Ferret codes the game and monitors this thread. I'm sure he'll respond.

#1233 3 months ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Ok, this is my own experience and just my view.
I owned Alien, Queen and played two different models of both games.
The Main issue I have is with PB, they use alot of new mechs aka trying to reinvent the wheel, which leads to alot of issues which then has to be fixed later on and eventually never will work as good as conventional mechs. The good customer service can't make this up. The company is quite new, and I can see how difficult it is to sort all problems out which you can see on other companies like spooky or american pinball. So it would be the best to not try to reinvent the wheel IMO.
I hope you can take this as constructive critic:
THE LAYOUT:
Test your layouts before you go into production, there are things which could have made this game much better like:
Right saucer- WAY to many rejects, redesgin it
Left saucer- Airballing off of the back wall, extend the airball plastic
Center ramp- airballing over the diverter (I know, i did install the fix now)
Center ramp- hard rejects (the ball falls down into the pops way too often on CLEAN SHOTS, which sucks when trying to collect the E-OH jackpot
Right ramp- make the shot work, the recjects it produces are crazy. There is also not an excuse like "sometimes balls wont go up a ramp, thats pinball" The truth is, you cant make the shot when you hit it in the center, you have to shoot it on the right hand side to make it work = bad design.
Airballs.
THE FLIPPERS:
they still behave strangely, they get weak after 10 min gameplay and need additional cooling.
This makes shots like the bad designed right ramp (below guitar) impossible to hit. You also have to hit this ramp on the right side of the ball guide or the ball will not go up the ramp because it gets very narrow there. The exact same goes for the alien sleep chamber side ramp shot. The weak flipper won't work, and it's very unsatisfying to play.
One thing I cant figure out is why drop catches don't work well with these flippers. It's anoying to completely change the playstile due to the different flippers.
Why does the upper flipper drop down when a ball is hitting it? That problem existing way too long.
Flippers are the most important thing so make sure they work well like on Sterns or the new JJPs ones, if you want people to have fun playing your machines.
PLUNGER/COIL MECHS:
The way PB uses mechs with coils can be very unhandy to work on.
You might find yourself thinking it should just take a minute or two fix something and find yourself with hurting fingers, holding back a spring and trying to re-attach a big circlip which won't snap in. This happend way too often to me.
PLAYFIELD MATERIAL:
(this is subjective, other people might like it)
I'm not a fan of the metal they use on the ramps. I don't know what it is, but it feels to thin/cheap.
The same goes for the 3-d printed guides and the Playfield Clearcoat (heavily dimpled).
The Ballguides and posts are digging into the playfields clearcoat and artwork.
MECHS MATERIAL:
On some mechs below the PF i noticed that certain metal brackets are weak easyily can be bend.
That happend on the right orbit guitar diverter, so the diverter didn't go back down all the way.
They way some mechs are screwed into the wood seems not as sturdy as on other machines. There where some screws with worn out wood.
A replacement plunger I got broke right away at the installation. (Anti magnetize up-post)
DROP TARGETS:
2 of my 3 droptarges switch-boards died.
At least they used different drops than on the alien machine.
Again why trying to change a working mech just to find out later it doesn't work after production, costing alot of people headache
TILT BOB:
Put the tilt mech where it belongs (position) and use a conventional tilt mech. This is very appreciated by tournamet players which you don't want to upset.
The one PB uses is way to small and swings way to easily and it doesn't stop. Also it didn't register well which you can see on my stream which i will upload later.
Again, why making a working mech worse?
LOCKBAR:
The lock clips are still getting blocked by the playfield, there is no excuse, fix that.
CABLE MANAGEMENT:
This needs improvement. I have had way to many problems becaus a cable or USB got loose.

Some of your points are spot on, but some I haven't encountered at all and may be due to setup or pitch. I really wish the damn drops would actually drop when you hit them, but this happens on my Sterns as well.

1 month later
#1251 72 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Did the $500 off sale get anyone to pull the trigger on Queen here? Just wondering.

Ridiculous that they had to have a sale to move these things. People listen to the naysayers WAY too much on this site. I stacked Wembley and Red Special Multiballs during Bohemian Rhapsody and it was pure pinball bliss. Such a great game, and I'm really glad I used my own judgment to make a purchasing decision.

#1255 68 days ago

Any word on when the alternate translite will be available...if at all?

And is there any update on the Hooked On Pinball mods?

#1260 67 days ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

I have the mods other than the shooter plate. Selling it as a package so just waiting on the plates.
Hope to have them out before Texas. Ill sell them directly on the site and expect Cointaker and possibly one more will be selling.
I have a fix included in the kit for Wembley airballs - PBB should send me another t-shirt - this will save many from breaking their stadium.

Woo-hoo! Hopefully I'll be able to meet you at TPF.

1 month later
#1310 33 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I can't believe PBros didn't do more promotion of queen at TPF. I only saw the one example.. and it looks like an older demo game. It played very poorly.
I would have thought with the game being more complete now they would do a push for it.. but basically nothing this time around. Really didn't help the impression of the game :/

Yep. Saw that, too. People said they hated it. If you're not going to hype it a bit with a great setup and LOUD sound (like some of the Eltons had), then you can't be disappointed when people think your game sucks. I can defend it till I'm blue in the face, but if people don't come to my house to play it in a home setting with the volume way up, they'll never know what they're missing.

1 week later
#1315 22 days ago

Happy Easter...my magic scoop gate fell out today. Womp womp.

Hey, Kerry_Richard ... how'd you do fixing yours? Any advice for putting it in where it won't fall out again?

1 week later
#1320 15 days ago

Anybody have a clue about how to adjust the Wembley diverter? Mine suddenly stops short of feeding the ball into the Wembley trough. And the diagram in the technical manual looks like it's assembled just like a flipper...but it's not. The design of the thing in the game is different than in the manual. I can't see how to get it to travel any further outside of bending it, and I'm pretty sure that will break it. I adjusted the screw in the back to make it more flush with the rail, but that didn't fix the problem. Thanks for any advice you all may have.

#1322 15 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

There should be an adjustment screw at the coil behind the backboard of the playfield loosen the nut and then adjust the screw in small increments and you’ll see it moving the arm and then tighten and see the extent of movement and now gives you.

Yep. That's what I did. I moved the diverter forward so it was flush with the rail (it was about 1/8th of an inch behind it). It still didn't move far enough forward with the coil to send the ball into the trough. Frustrating.

#1324 15 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

And the coil is free moving all the way when you move it by hand? If so the only other option and I had to do it was to disassemble that mech and remove the the diverter arm, then it put it in a vice and added a bit more of a curve to it so it reaches past the halfway point, and then assembled it again and adjusted the movement once again with the set screw in the back. Then one thing I feared with the arm is that the metal was too soft and over time from the balls beating against it that it would deform it and open it on much that it don’t divert cleanly any more. Thus far mine has been holding fine though.

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.