You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.
#351 1 year ago

Will this be at expo? Seems critical to sales if they do think they have a winner?

#352 1 year ago

Fast play, great music = success.
Oh yeah, need to play first to confirm!

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Lets hope that version of the song isn't used in the game. That's not Queen that most people know, love & identify with. Hopefully it's only what was selected for the video, who knows why.

The version in the trailer is definitely more high energy, maybe the thought is it is more suitable to pinball? Dunno, but definitely not the version most people would be expecting.

In the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast they did with the guys from Pinball Brothers, pretty sure I remember the bros were making the case that Queen's live versions are very close to studio versions so it shouldn't be an issue.

This version is not close at all to the studio version...

#354 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The version in the trailer is definitely more high energy, maybe the thought is it is more suitable to pinball? Dunno, but definitely not the version most people would be expecting.
In the Super Awesome Pinball Show podcast they did with the guys from Pinball Brothers, pretty sure I remember the bros were making the case that Queen's live versions are very close to studio versions so it shouldn't be an issue.
This version is not close at all to the studio version...

Couldn't agree more. Woeful if the PB believe this will attract buyers. Hopefully it's not an excuse to cover the fact that higher licensing fees were applicable if they wanted better recordings AND/OR they simply know it will sell regardless.

#355 1 year ago

For a bunch of hardcore queen fans I’m surprised you aren’t familiar with that version. It opened hundreds of concerts, every one from between about 1977-1982. Sadly not the The "magic bus" [hilarious sic] tour.

Most queen fans should know We Will Rock You (fast). It opens the Live Killers albums. It’s in almost all of their live concert videos. There's dozens of versions of it on youtube. They even played it a few weeks ago to open their set at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. This isn’t some never-heard alternative take that nobody has ever heard before.

They opened their show with the fast version, and closed it with the “normal” version, for 5 or 6 years.

Anyway I’d relax. You have much bigger things to worry about with this game than We Will Rock You. I expect you’ll hear the version you’ve heard 17 billion times in your life once more when you play the game.

#356 1 year ago

Interesting, didn't know that. Neither will 90% of the people who will walk up and play. They will go "wtf was that?". I like the studio version more than the fast version, hopefully they have both.

I wasn't old enough to go to live concerts in late 70s and early 80s.

#357 1 year ago

The game looks great! If this also had studio versions of the songs, it might just tip me over the edge into ordering one.

#358 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I wasn't old enough to go to live concerts in late 70s and early 80s.

Fortunately you are old enough now to watch old youtube videos:

Houston 1977:

What an entrance! Wonder if the game will start this way.

And here they are playing it three weeks ago. The 80,000 in attendance don't seem too upset to be hearing this version:

#359 1 year ago

I like it so far ! Who’s the US distributor ?

#360 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fortunately you are old enough now to watch old youtube videos:

My point was and is, people in general are way more familiar with the studio version and aren't going to get what is going on with the live version. No one is saying the live version is not being done by Queen, so post as many videos as you want showing them playing it. Most people aren't familiar with the version and many are going to be disappointed if they don't get to hear the studio version.

It isn't making me decide against owning the pin, obviously there is a lot more that needs to be revealed, but it is something I am concerned about.

#361 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

I like it so far ! Who’s the US distributor ?

Nitro in Pacific Northwest, Cointaker elsewhere I believe

#362 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Yeah I don't know what that is. From what PB have said in the past I thought all of the music in the game is from the 1986 Magic Bus tour, specifically the Wembley show. The version from that show is much closer to the album version. I'm not sure I've ever even heard the faster version, maybe they just used it for the trailer. Here's the version from the 86 Wembley show....

I think it's from the Killers album.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

My point was and is, people in general are way more familiar with the studio version and aren't going to get what is going on with the live version. No one is saying the live version is not being done by Queen, so post as many videos as you want showing them playing it. Most people aren't familiar with the version and many are going to be disappointed if they don't get to hear the studio version.
It isn't making me decide against owning the pin, obviously there is a lot more that needs to be revealed, but it is something I am concerned about.

Agreed.

Did Stern use tracks that differ from the well known original songs for Iron Maiden or AC/DC? No, they used what is well known and recognised. The PB stated they are building this game to reflect the Wembley Concert, so hopefully the rest of the songs are the well known versions that most people will recognise and identify with.

#364 1 year ago

Freddie wearing a Superman T shirt
PBs next pin

#365 1 year ago

1985 Live Aid would have been cool

#366 1 year ago

JJP nailed the GnR synch up with Studio + Live vids
More difficult to do but the way to go perhaps

#367 1 year ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

I have not seen game play of either yet so hard to judge yet. Let’s see game flow and toys, music, theme integration, etc.
On overall thought we should expect a Bond pinball to have gadgets (part of the theme) and expect Queen to kill it with music (part of this theme).

Queen is a much better buy than Bond. Bond is a money grab ripoff!

#368 1 year ago

Great theme, it looks nice and I like it has live concert versions instead of the album versions.
If it shoots well and has nice rules, I think it'll be a great game!

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Agreed.
Did Stern use tracks that differ from the well known original songs for Iron Maiden or AC/DC? No, they used what is well known and recognised. The PB stated they are building this game to reflect the Wembley Concert, so hopefully the rest of the songs are the well known versions that most people will recognise and identify with.

Pretty sure the distro rights to the Queen music is all over the place. I feel like early on, in some interview, PB said that the set of 'rules' they had to go by, were pretty strict. Maybe it all comes down to teh live recordings being cheaper/easier to obtain?

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Queen is a much better buy than Bond. Bond is a money grab ripoff!

Except Bond will actually work without freezing every 10 mins. Check out the Alien thread and what a disaster PB games are. The machines randomly freeze up, the driver boards catch on fire. They are just general awful quality.

Good luck on this!

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Pretty sure the distro rights to the Queen music is all over the place. I feel like early on, in some interview, PB said that the set of 'rules' they had to go by, were pretty strict. Maybe it all comes down to teh live recordings being cheaper/easier to obtain?

The live tracks are better. More energy - plus we've all heard the studio tracks billions of times.

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

The live tracks are better. More energy - plus we've all heard the studio tracks billions of times.

Absolutely. I remade Stern's AC/DC and added all live tracks, so much better.

#373 1 year ago

Variety is the spice of life...I'm not sure why we "need" the studio versions here but everybody has their personal preference.

KISS pinball didn't even use the "original studio" tracks - The songs were recorded decades later by old men; the 2010ish re-recordings that KISS made so they could control their own publishing.

Two sixty-year olds and a couple of scabs who were nowhere near KISS when the originals were in the studio back in the 70s using completely different recording technology from the originals Kiss fans know and love...again, completely different recordings. People didn't seem to notice or mind. (I could tell they were fakes though!)

#374 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Except Bond will actually work without freezing every 10 mins. Check out the Alien thread and what a disaster PB games are. The machines randomly freeze up, the driver boards catch on fire. They are just general awful quality.
Good luck on this!

You sound like the people talking about cabinet quality in Stern threads or playfield quality in JJP threads. You've been here long enough to know you only hear from the people who are complaining about the quality of their purchase. It's very seldom you hear someone say, "Geez, I'm so glad I dropped 12k on a game that works perfectly!"

I talked to the owners at the Cointaker party as well as people who owned Alien, and they told me the support is terrific. One guy got a whole new harness from PB. Try getting one of those from the big boys. I'm not concerned.

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You sound like the people talking about cabinet quality in Stern threads or playfield quality in JJP threads. You've been here long enough to know you only hear from the people who are complaining about the quality of their purchase. It's very seldom you hear someone say, "Geez, I'm so glad I dropped 12k on a game that works perfectly!"
I talked to the owners at the Cointaker party as well as people who owned Alien, and they told me the support is terrific. One guy got a whole new harness from PB. Try getting one of those from the big boys. I'm not concerned.

They are full of shit. I own an Alien and the game will not stay on for more than a few hours without locking up. It isn't a hardware issue it's a software issue that the company has failed to correct.

Spend a few minutes on the Alien thread and you will see there isn't a single reliable machine suitable for location use without constant rebooting and maintenance.

My game as well as multiple other people's games in the Alien thread have had the drive boards catch on fire and the company had to send me three of them before one worked.

I guess you can call the support I was provided by having to basically replace every coil and every board in my game to get the driver board to finally work only to face a machine breaking software glitch to be good?

You can discount the vocal people as much as you want and I agree with you that there are some people overly vocal about minor issues but this is not that case.

At the end of the day I have an Alien machine I purchased for a route location sitting in my basement due to faulty software that is yet to be corrected. I am maintaining faith that the company will eventually fix the glitch but I'm slowly losing that faith.

#376 1 year ago

Thanks for the honest assessment. This is what many of us feared/predicted when Heighway rose from the ashes as PB. Remember, Heighway games weren't exactly built up to standard either.

I've been skeptical about an Italian-built pinball machine from a brand new pinball manufacturer. They'll either sink or swim depending on how quickly they can fix this stuff. I certainly would have zero desire to be an early-adopter regardless of "dream theme."

#377 1 year ago

The only way I would ever put another pinball machine in a public place is if I own the business. It would be there for the sole purpose of drawing customers in to spend money on profitable items such as food/drinks etc.

Anyone that would put a $9,000+ machine in someone else’s bar for people to destroy, hoping to make money off it will be lucky to break even in the long run. $1/game isn’t enough even if 0% goes to the location. Nobody in their right mind will pay more than $1/game for pinball.

#378 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

T
I've been skeptical about an Italian-built pinball machine from a brand new pinball manufacturer.

Racist.

#379 1 year ago

As a previous owner of a Heighway Alien the main issues I had were the power supply unit which I replaced and cooling. For cooling I added some small fans in it to help bring in cooler air. After those issues were corrected the game was solid. My buddy who now has the game has 0 issues.

My PB Alien LV has been rock solid its been played in tournaments, left on for hours, and has about 300 plays on it with 0 issues. I have a friend with one that he has had 0 issues. I do realize I might be the 1 percent. I am also a big Stern Fan boy but good luck if you have a node board go out. I know several locals myself included that have had to replace the main CPU. My EHOH came unable to play and took Stern 4 weeks to get me the needed parts to play it.

Yes its frustrating for sure to have a NIB or even a used pin inoperable.

#380 1 year ago

10 mins in on a game tonight and this happens. Unplayable.

PXL_20220928_235944183.MP.jpgPXL_20220928_235944183.MP.jpg
#381 1 year ago

So you’ve got a 8000$ boat anchor, real nice.

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

10 mins in on a game tonight and this happens. Unplayable.
[quoted image]

Yeah...that sucks. I'm certainly not taking that away from you. You have a right to be pissed.

Forgot to mention they told me at Cointaker that they were hoping to show the game at Expo, so maybe that will be our first chance at seeing gameplay.

We can pretty much forget the fourth quarter delivery of the first 80 machines, though...

#383 1 year ago

The dude who I bought PB Alien from had 0 issues and I only had some minor corrections to make. I consider my self lucky as some people drew short straws.

I will say this I have alien sitting right next to the GOAT godzilla premium and Alien feels like a more solid well built machine. IMO.

In time Pinball Brothers will shine once they build consistently and ship faster.

#384 1 year ago

As im not a big Queen fan I would have been pumped for a highlander movie themed pin with a Queen sountrack. Sean Connery was also a big part of the original movie and plenty of action. Quickening light shows could have been off the charts.

Maybe Elwin can do a SSSLE highlander version and pinball brothers can make only 10 machines at 80,000 each. Oh wait, wrong company.

Good luck PB this hobby needs competition.

#385 1 year ago

Sorry but the video looks like it came out of Spooky's basement, just like their games. When are these companies gonna wake up? Spend money to make money....rediculous

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Hi I'm here because I like pinball machines, pinball shirts, pinball books, well pretty much anything pinball.
Excited to get Queen hopefully this year but if not I'm okay with that I'll just keep playing my collection and friends collection.
O not sure if I told y'all I really like pinball. Please don't delete my post since I didn't make any negative comments.
Lol seriously lighten up everyone lifes to short to get worked up over anything pinball. Make friends and have fun.

Yes. Yes, exactly- agree. well said and yes. Wait what? Nope there’s no wait what. So much great pinball out there to be experiencing…we are lucky to have options.

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Sorry but the video looks like it came out of Spooky's basement, just like their games. When are these companies gonna wake up? Spend money to make money....rediculous

Why are we attacking Spooky? Can we try to stay on topic- this is obviously a JJP-Stern collaboration pin so let’s attack that.

2 weeks later
#388 1 year ago

Brand new Queen song.

Freddy vocals.

#389 1 year ago

Maybe we'll see the game soon, after all....

QPB (resized).pngQPB (resized).png
#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Maybe we'll see the game soon, after all....
[quoted image]

That's what the PB guys told me...they were trying to get it out for Expo. We won't see it in our homes until next year, I'm sure.

#391 1 year ago

PB need to capitalise on the current Queen promotion.

Face it Alone was released today.

Never been heard before and it's a really moving song as Freddie knew he was close to the end.

#392 1 year ago

Nice to hear Freddie's voice but this song is horrible.

Apparently a Miracle outtake...and they've promised there's several more!

#393 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice to hear Freddie's voice but this song is horrible.
Apparently a Miracle outtake...and they've promised there's several more!

Well...I'm glad somebody said it. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

#394 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Well...I'm glad somebody said it. Sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone.

Ha and I thought you'd be unhappy with my "snarkiness."

Queen have been barrel-scraping for 30 years now, and there simply wasn't much "unheard" Queen stuff to begin with. They would do an album, and put out the "not good enough for the album" stuff as B-Sides, and that was that. They put together an entire posthumous album in the 90s, and it really had only 2 or 3 "new" tracks - the rest of the stuff was Queen solo stuff gussied up to sound more Queenish.

If that's the best they could do 25 years ago, you know whatever "gems" they stumble upon at this point in time to tack onto their endless parade of reissues and box sets are going to be...stuff like this.

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Queen have been barrel-scraping for 30 years now, and there simply wasn't much "unheard" Queen stuff to begin with. They would do an album, and put out the "not good enough for the album" stuff as B-Sides, and that was that. They put together an entire posthumous album in the 90s, and it really had only 2 or 3 "new" tracks - the rest of the stuff was Queen solo stuff gussied up to sound more Queenish.
If that's the best they could do 25 years ago, you know whatever "gems" they stumble upon at this point in time to tack onto their endless parade of reissues and box sets are going to be...stuff like this.

they just gotta make it a few more years till deepfake audio can capture Freddy's essence...

what is dead may truly never die

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Agreed.

At some point a bands creativity is spent and there is nothing left. That period of time varies of course depending on the band in question and the talent in the band.

Highlander has one of the most awesome sound tracks, mostly downhill from there for Queen.

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Still better than Adam Lambert.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still better than Adam Lambert.

True, but cruel. It's not Adam's fault Freddie died.

Plus Brian and Roger are thrilled Adam joined them, and they are still filling massive stadiums when on tour.

Freddie, although brilliant, showed when he left the band to pursue a solo career, that he 'alone' was not Queen. Queen was the unique mixture of four brilliant dudes playing together. Brian and Roger propelled Freddie's star to shine brighter than if Freddie ventured out alone. In recently years Brian and Roger have put fuel on Adam's star, who reminds everyone he knows he is not Freddie, and is not trying to be Freddie, but humbly helps keep Freddie's memory alive.

Well done Brian and Roger. Thanks Adam. We miss you Freddie.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#399 1 year ago

We saw Queen+Adam live - they were essentially doing a Freddie tribute (which they reminded you of repeatedly), and it was a _good_ Freddie tribute. An enjoyable evening.

#400 1 year ago

The only guy I could have accepted as Freddie's replacement was George Michael. And...well...we all saw how that turned out.

Lambert is just way too shrieky for my taste.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.