You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 46 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 41 votes
    39%

(105 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5131 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5132 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5135 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5130 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5134 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.
#251 1 year ago

I like our plan

#252 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If I didn't mention it before, as soon as the games ship, I'll be changing this to an owners thread so me and the other guy who bought one can discuss it.

And I be like ……

36E1ECEF-D725-46D9-9304-478948C34445 (resized).jpeg36E1ECEF-D725-46D9-9304-478948C34445 (resized).jpeg
#253 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

I like our plan

You're getting one? That'll make TWO in Jersey, and I bet that's a nationwide record for any one state.

#254 1 year ago

Guess I shouldn't have moved out of New Jersey years ago.

#255 1 year ago

Just wanted to stop by and complain about there not being any gameplay videos, it’s been a few days. On behalf of those who care and are unable to visualize what a ball rolling around the playfield would look like, myself NOT included.

#256 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Just wanted to stop by and complain about there not being any gameplay videos, it’s been a few days. On behalf of those who care and are unable to visualize what a ball rolling around the playfield would look like, myself NOT included.

When are we going to get gameplay video?

You asked I answered

#257 1 year ago

I'm also an NJ resident that ordered a Rhapsody. Just a lil $12,000 gamble since the wife is a huge fan. :/

Hopeful we all love it.

#258 1 year ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

I'm also an NJ resident that ordered a Rhapsody. Just a lil $12,000 gamble since the wife is a huge fan. :/
Hopeful we all love it.

Sounds like the odds are in your favor if the wife is a fan. I’m in the exact same boat.

#259 1 year ago

Hahaha

My buddy and I both ordered this pin because our wives are huge fans of Queen. I didn't hesitate when she got all excited when I showed her.

#260 1 year ago

Where's the video Pinball Bros?

Incredible!!!

#261 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:Where's the video Pinball Bros?

they're always
they're always
they're always
they're always ... COMING SOON

#262 1 year ago

lamest new release in the history of modern pinball lol

#263 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

lamest new release in the history of modern pinball lol

As opposed to the Aug Stern drop?

#264 1 year ago

If the Game turns out awesome, we won't remember the Wait.

C'mon PB, let's see a short video!

#265 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Yeah maybe after board revision Z and 17 parts replaced then yes.

All good, just joking. don’t kick me out just yet.

I

#266 1 year ago

No excuse for lack of a game play video. Guess we will have to get poor cell phone coverage from the show. Bad bad bad

#267 1 year ago

maybe after board revision Z and 17 parts replaced...
just joking

it's no joke.
this machine could be 'death on four legs'.

#268 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

This

#269 1 year ago

That’s it I’m tired of waiting. Cancelling my order and getting approximately 1.5 Stern Pros instead.

#270 1 year ago

What keeps people with Stern insider connect in their home from taking the glass off and setting high scores? The best answer would be dignity but we all know how that works. The only advantage of Wi-Fi on a pin at home is over the air code updates..who’s with me??

#271 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

What keeps people with Stern insider connect in their home from taking the glass off and setting high scores? The best answer would be dignity but we all know how that works. The only advantage of Wi-Fi on a pin at home is over the air code updates..who’s with me??

Nobody lol.

Insider connect has “approved” locations, these leaderboards are to be vetted cheat free zones and are separate from home pins that could be subject to cheating.

#272 1 year ago

Nobody lol.
Insider connect has “approved” locations, these leaderboards are to be vetted cheat free zones and are separate from home pins that could be subject to cheating.

Ahhh that makes more sense..I tried the Insider connect once out in public and thought it was OK I guess but would rather have Wi-Fi on every new machine moving forward just for the code updates. The Wi-Fi adapter to fit in the USB cable is very inexpensive but saves a ton of time versus downloading onto a thumb drive and unzipping files etc.

Scorbit on JJP machines has been very uninspiring for the most part. I hope PB at least makes it possible to enable Wi-Fi on their machines at some point.

#274 1 year ago

How will the death of the Queen of England affect pinball prices for this game? Are we expecting this game to go up in value right now?

#275 1 year ago

SAPS show mentioned that now Queen probably won't be at the tailgate in 2 weeks, so no crappy over the shoulder video coming from there!

#276 1 year ago

Thanks for this! Very interesting interview. Brian and Roger doing callouts is promising! Had not heard that before. I am still cautiously interested in this game.

#277 1 year ago

Is it a sign that a brand new pin of a huge musical act only has 6 pages of post after 59 days?

#278 1 year ago
Quoted from meSz:

Is it a sign that a brand new pin of a huge musical act only has 6 pages of post after 59 days?

It's definitely a sign that Pinball Brothers don't know how to successfully announce a new game....announce it and then go silent for two months with zero gameplay info or footage. As a big time Queen fan I was hyped after the announcement but now I'm just concerned the game is a mess. Hope I'm wrong.

#279 1 year ago

Alien was the same though - at least the LV was. I mean, we got some sub-par mock up of what the LV was going to look like, and zero gameplay video for a looooong time after that. Thankfully it turned out to be a totally kick ass game!

#280 1 year ago

I'm cautiously positive about this game but it still baffles me that they revealed the game with 0 videos of it.

#281 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

I'm cautiously positive about this game but it still baffles me that they revealed the game with 0 videos of it.

What’s baffling about it?

“We aren’t quite there yet” was their quote.

The game obviously isn’t functioning yet, which is why there is no game play footage.

Why you are “cautiously positive” about a game that doesn’t work yet is the real mystery. What are you basing your cautious optimism on?

#282 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s baffling about it?
“We aren’t quite there yet” was their quote.
The game obviously isn’t functioning yet, which is why there is no game play footage.

It baffles me they "revealed" the game when a) we already knew about it from that store in England and b) they choose to show it without having any videos ready and only a handful of pictures. To my knowledge (I can ofc be wrong) they really didn't have any reason to do such a hurried reveal instead of getting everything done first and then show it to the world.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why you are “cautiously positive” about a game that doesn’t work yet is the real mystery. What are you basing your cautious optimism on?

My optimism mainly comes from two things:

a) they already got the Alien pin out and although they have had a bit of a bumpy road so far their support are great (Cato is awesome) and more and more Alien games are finding their ways into happy homes.

b) I personally know two people involved with pinball brothers and I know they want to do their best in everything they do.

#283 1 year ago

I'm completely bummed about the game not being at the tailgate party this month, but I'm still going because it'll still be a great time. That said, I'm starting to feel somewhere between a JJP preorder and a Predator preorder, which is to say I'm sure it'll either be a really long wait or I may never see the game.

But I still think the layout and ideas in the game look great (the art, not so much)...it'll all come down to the code, which will either save it or sink it.

#284 1 year ago

From a FB post:

Screenshot_20220909_212153 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220909_212153 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220909_212210 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220909_212210 (resized).jpg
#285 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

From a FB post:
[quoted image][quoted image]

That oughta do it! The guy makes a convincing argument!

If that doesn’t shake some gameplay video loose, nothing will!

#286 1 year ago

"Probably Octoberish" is a funny way to say Thanksgiving.

#287 1 year ago

Mind shifting to Bond….James Bond!

#288 1 year ago

They already said on the podcast that building it would be pushed back to October due to parts issues.

The one thing that makes me hopeful is that the Queen guys recorded callouts for the game. I can't imagine it not coming out after getting a commitment like that from the band.

#289 1 year ago

No matter how good or bad it is, I hope for good, they will find 1000 people worldwide to buy the top tier pin and 5000 ish for the other one. That go for every pin sold from all the manufacturers. We are just a drop in a bucket.

#290 1 year ago

Looking for opinions about the recent trend (as I see it ) of anyone other than Stern jumping releases to get ahead of what the big guy is doing . Please hear me out .Spooky releases the Combo pin (nowhere near being ready )knowing that GZ was coming . That was a very smart business move on they’re part as it
sold out first day before the GZ reveal which if they waited , would have definitely cut UM’s numbers and some HW’s after the anvil was dropped ,wouldn’t you think ?Toy Story is a Huge theme and seems many were upset with it being narrowed down to movie #4 alone .I have not yet played it ,but the early word is “a beut ,fun to shoot but easy to get through “. If that’s true , then additional coding should make this a fine pin I believe ,mainly with it being one of the ultimate family themes with one of the all time great designers .Still ,pushed through too soon and with a HEAFTY price bump .Just a handful of years ago there were maybe 4-6 new pins out a year I believe .Then 2019-2020 came along and Boom ! new releases are coming out left and right and your up starts (or anyone not Stern ) find themselves having to rush they’re releases just to have a fighting chance in the ring .Just look at the others .I have not been in pinball all too long but I know enough of its history to say that these actions were not the norm just a short time ago .Just my $.02 but I would like to hear what others think in the matter

#291 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

That’s it I’m tired of waiting. Cancelling my order and getting approximately 1.5 Stern Pros instead.

I was really considering a Rhapsody edition, but the initial excitement wears off and you're left with all the negatives which are glaringly obvious..... and no positives to counterweight it. If they had shown some toys in action, that'd have gone a long way..... except it appears there aren't really any toys beyond some fancy magnet.

The longer it takes for them to release video, the more it seems like they don't want you to see it in action. What are they hiding? A terrible game?
If the concept is just a single concert, why is that a good idea? Does someone want to relive a single night forever? That's not a good plan. No other music pin freezes time in place like that. It's always a band's era, a hypothetical "what if", or a celebration of an entire history..... always general and not date specific.

I don't understand how they thought releasing it the way they did was a good move, unless they needed the deposits to fund their continuing operations.

Hopefully it will be available to play at expo...... but Bond will surely obscure any real interest for it.
I think the 1st boutique to fold is going to be Pinball Brothers. Supply line is too far away from their primary market. JJP couldn't even stay in Jersey!!! Being across the pond is a HUGE disadvantage for them.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for opinions about the recent trend (as I see it ) of anyone other than Stern jumping releases to get ahead of what the big guy is doing . Please hear me out .Spooky releases the Combo pin (nowhere near being ready )knowing that GZ was coming . That was a very smart business move on they’re part as it
sold out first day before the GZ reveal which if they waited , would have definitely cut UM’s numbers and some HW’s after the anvil was dropped ,wouldn’t you think ?Toy Story is a Huge theme and seems many were upset with it being narrowed down to movie #4 alone .I have not yet played it ,but the early word is “a beut ,fun to shoot but easy to get through “. If that’s true , then additional coding should make this a fine pin I believe ,mainly with it being one of the ultimate family themes with one of the all time great designers .Still ,pushed through too soon and with a HEAFTY price bump .Just a handful of years ago there were maybe 4-6 new pins out a year I believe .Then 2019-2020 came along and Boom ! new releases are coming out left and right and your up starts (or anyone not Stern ) find themselves having to rush they’re releases just to have a fighting chance in the ring .Just look at the others .I have not been in pinball all too long but I know enough of its history to say that these actions were not the norm just a short time ago .Just my $.02 but I would like to hear what others think in the matter

My opinion is the boutique companies are going to flame out at the 1st sign of trouble. Sure they were able to make some money during this special time, but it's not going to last. Makes me think of pro wrestling in the late 90's...... super hot!!! Look at it the last 20 years, a joke. Everyone hates it. They lost 80% of their fanbase. No one would have guessed at it's height that it was going to flame out and take all the companies down except one. Everyone thought it was "the new normal".

In the pinball world, whoever has their processes down has a chance to survive in the long run. Of course Stern has that down.... the others? JJP at least can pump out a title, but I'm not so sure they are actually profitable. All the other companies are totally lost. No solid process. No repeatable ability to deliver. Hard times will come and cash flows will dry up...... how many of them can sustain for any length of time in that environment? How many can live in the red? Most of them are financed by some other businesses surplus funds. What happens when those host businesses struggle? I think we see a bloodbath over the next couple years. You're already seeing it slow down a whole lot now, and we haven't even hit a real rough patch yet.

I'm glad the minor companies are trying to buildup a war chest right now. Let them grab all they can, while they can. I hope CGC survives.

#292 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I was really considering a Rhapsody edition, but the initial excitement wears off and you're left with all the negatives which are glaringly obvious..... and no positives to counterweight it. If they had shown some toys in action, that'd have gone a long way..... except it appears there aren't really any toys beyond some fancy magnet.
The longer it takes for them to release video, the more it seems like they don't want you to see it in action. What are they hiding? A terrible game?
If the concept is just a single concert, why is that a good idea? Does someone want to relive a single night forever? That's not a good plan. No other music pin freezes time in place like that. It's always a band's era, a hypothetical "what if", or a celebration of an entire history..... always general and not date specific.
I don't understand how they thought releasing it the way they did was a good move, unless they needed the deposits to fund their continuing operations.
Hopefully it will be available to play at expo...... but Bond will surely obscure any real interest for it.
I think the 1st boutique to fold is going to be Pinball Brothers. Supply line is too far away from their primary market. JJP couldn't even stay in Jersey!!! Being across the pond is a HUGE disadvantage for them.

My opinion is the boutique companies are going to flame out at the 1st sign of trouble. Sure they were able to make some money during this special time, but it's not going to last. Makes me think of pro wrestling in the late 90's...... super hot!!! Look at it the last 20 years, a joke. Everyone hates it. They lost 80% of their fanbase. No one would have guessed at it's height that it was going to flame out and take all the companies down except one. Everyone thought it was "the new normal".
In the pinball world, whoever has their processes down has a chance to survive in the long run. Of course Stern has that down.... the others? JJP at least can pump out a title, but I'm not so sure they are actually profitable. All the other companies are totally lost. No solid process. No repeatable ability to deliver. Hard times will come and cash flows will dry up...... how many of them can sustain for any length of time in that environment? How many can live in the red? Most of them are financed by some other businesses surplus funds. What happens when those host businesses struggle? I think we see a bloodbath over the next couple years. You're already seeing it slow down a whole lot now, and we haven't even hit a real rough patch yet.
I'm glad the minor companies are trying to buildup a war chest right now. Let them grab all they can, while they can. I hope CGC survives.

I agree .Ive seen some companies ,and not only distro’s ,that seemed to be pouring profits into they’re businesses like the “lock down “ boom was going to last forever .I think “saving for a rainy day” is a business model long lost in todays day .I feel there was such a boom in sales these last 2 years that people had so much to choose from and they purchased more than they were used to .Just going off pinside’s market place , there’s quite a bit of people (me included) that are in the “sell to buy” stage of collecting and if used pins are not selling , it causes a massive bulkhead that paired with parts availability , are causing self made headaches everywhere .I really think the savior of this will need to be more “locations “ opening .This is of course just my opinion but how do you feel ?

#293 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I agree .Ive seen some companies ,and not only distro’s ,that seemed to be pouring profits into they’re businesses like the “lock down “ boom was going to last forever .I think “saving for a rainy day” is a business model long lost in todays day .I feel there was such a boom in sales these last 2 years that people had so much to choose from and they purchased more than they were used to .Just going off pinside’s market place , there’s quite a bit of people (me included) that are in the “sell to buy” stage of collecting and if used pins are not selling , it causes a massive bulkhead that paired with parts availability , are causing self made headaches everywhere .I really think the savior of this will need to be more “locations “ opening .This is of course just my opinion but how do you feel ?

This will be a very unpopular opinion (probably), but location play makes no sense. The machines are too expensive at $1 a pop to recoup the investment in any decent timeframe. Do they work as a loss-leader? Yup. As a profitable standalone attraction? Nope. That's why these machines are at beercades and not arcades. The thing is, pins are never going to be a large scale sustainable anchor attraction for the general public at 7K a pop. That's why you see axe throwing and other nonsense popup every year as they search for something, anything, to draw a fickle public in until it's no longer new & fresh. There's TONS of people who didn't even know pins were still being made in 2020, then they see it: "WOW I WANT IT!!! This is so cool", and then a year later "Meh, this takes up a lot of space.... and my friends aren't dying to get one anymore, why should I? It's so 2020".

It's the same thing over and over...... what's hot? Laser Tag? It was..... not anymore. No one cares. Retro Arcade machines? It was.... not anymore (remember when people would "collect" Arcade 1up machines? HA!!!). Go-Cart racing? Not anymore. It's all a commodity, and to Joe Six-Pack and his brood of screaming ankle-biters, a pin is a pin, and it's no different to the claw machine..... it takes a dollar, and it'll be gone in a flash, same thing. Time to mash the buttons of whatever else is newer, has more Blinky lights and is louder. There's a reason new pins look (and sound) more and more like slot machines. Look at the displays, it's the same crap you see on a slot.

Home collectors are the market now. It's a defined niche, with a population that is steady and requires a certain income level to participate. They aren't really going to grow the market. It'll fad out, and that'll be that. The location market is fine and dandy, until people stop going out for booze at the pin-pub. That too is a fad and is an outgrowth of the dying and stagnant micro-brew market that was so hot several years ago. Business will support anything that helps people either come in, or stay longer. When that no longer proves to be the case, they will drop it like a hot potato. Especially something as expensive as pinball.

#294 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

This will be a very unpopular opinion (probably), but location play makes no sense. The machines are too expensive at $1 a pop to recoup the investment in any decent timeframe. Do they work as a loss-leader? Yup. As a profitable standalone attraction? Nope. That's why these machines are at beercades and not arcades. The thing is, pins are never going to be a large scale sustainable anchor attraction for the general public at 7K a pop. That's why you see axe throwing and other nonsense popup every year as they search for something, anything, to draw a fickle public in until it's no longer new & fresh. There's TONS of people who didn't even know pins were still being made in 2020, then they see it: "WOW I WANT IT!!! This is so cool", and then a year later "Meh, this takes up a lot of space.... and my friends aren't dying to get one anymore, why should I? It's so 2020".
It's the same thing over and over...... what's hot? Laser Tag? It was..... not anymore. No one cares. Retro Arcade machines? It was.... not anymore (remember when people would "collect" Arcade 1up machines? HA!!!). Go-Cart racing? Not anymore. It's all a commodity, and to Joe Six-Pack and his brood of screaming ankle-biters, a pin is a pin, and it's no different to the claw machine..... it takes a dollar, and it'll be gone in a flash, same thing. Time to mash the buttons of whatever else is newer, has more Blinky lights and is louder. There's a reason new pins look (and sound) more and more like slot machines. Look at the displays, it's the same crap you see on a slot.
Home collectors are the market now. It's a defined niche, with a population that is steady and requires a certain income level to participate. They aren't really going to grow the market. It'll fad out, and that'll be that. The location market is fine and dandy, until people stop going out for booze at the pin-pub. That too is a fad and is an outgrowth of the dying and stagnant micro-brew market that was so hot several years ago. Business will support anything that helps people either come in, or stay longer. When that no longer proves to be the case, they will drop it like a hot potato. Especially something as expensive as pinball.

With all this taken into consideration ,I have to give thanks to those with the means and love of the hobby to keep the doors open to help bring pinball to the next generation .Everyone knows the bridge to current themes needs to be firmly crossed at some point .It has started nicely imo with the likes of RnM ,Stranger Things (still can’t get that abrev down ) and of course the ever running Avengers Universe .The mighty ship will rise again as soon as GZ runs its course in 2028 lmao .

#295 1 year ago

Just listened to the Pinball Brothers interview where they comment on the upcoming game. They mention the artwork has been redone since the original/prototype game was produced. So does this mean what we've seen to date isn't what will be on the game??

#296 1 year ago

Hope they improve poor old John Deacon’s image….

#297 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Just listened to the Pinball Brothers interview where they comment on the upcoming game. They mention the artwork has been redone since the original/prototype game was produced. So does this mean what we've seen to date isn't what will be on the game??

Oh wow..... now that's good news!!!

Please leave the girl on a bike intact though

#298 1 year ago

Just listened to the SAPP with the Pinball Bros. I love this theme, but am really concerned about the layout. Sounds like it was put together by a group of novices. Doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be bad, but less of a chance of it being great.

Let's hope they make it to Expo with the pin, sounding like that is going to be the first chance for anyone to play it.

#299 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Just listened to the SAPP with the Pinball Bros. I love this theme, but am really concerned about the layout. Sounds like it was put together by a group of novices. Doesn't necessarily mean it is going to be bad, but less of a chance of it being great.
Let's hope they make it to Expo with the pin, sounding like that is going to be the first chance for anyone to play it.

No idea why they changed Barry Oursler's original layout design, it was so much better. His Playboy design was also inspired, a true genius.

#300 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

No idea why they changed Barry Oursler's original layout design, it was so much better. His Playboy design was also inspired, a true genius.

If I understood what was said correctly the original design was a widebody and a decision was made to go with a standard size game. There was also a ball lock mechanism located at the entrance to a ramp that killed the flow, making it too much stop & go, so this was also changed. Hopefully some photos & video are released soon to give an insight into what this game actually is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wemeldinge, ZE
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,376 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.