You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.
#101 1 year ago

Just came here to read all the negative comments and fill my daily cup of what should be better and how they did this and that is just crap lol

#102 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

While I fundamentally agree with your point that it's hard to make an art package around a primarily audio based theme like music, I can also say the art is still sloppy and has room for improvement. I'll resurface some of my old points from last year.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I completely agree with your post and pictures here. But I have to say that if the game plays really well, I won't even notice those things. I hate hate HATE the cartoon illustration of the three Rush guys on my Rush LE and thought I couldn't get past it. But once the lights go down and the game starts, I'm having too much fun and trying like hell not to lose my ball to even notice the middle of the playfield.

#103 1 year ago

Yeah I get you don’t play the art. Just not much else to talk about. Plus there being some sloppiness in the playfield art makes me concerned about sloppiness in other non-art areas.

I’m really curious how the software shakes out. I’m sure it shoots just fine.

#104 1 year ago

The art isn't great - but actually as a game, it looks far more interesting than I thought it would. I went from zero interest to: "hmmm this might be fun".

I'm not sure about the decision to only have the live songs though, I think studio versions would have been a lot better. Yeah I know maybe it wasn't their decision but still...

Alien continues to be amazing - yes it had issues when I first got it, but seems to be all good now and its one my favorite machines of all time. I think I'd really like to play this one too! Looking forward to seeing some gameplay vids...

#105 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dear Hobbyists,
Marketing's job is to make everything seem better - no matter what they are given to work with. They will fluff, stretch, and promote -- because that is their role.
Identify marketing as marketing and be at peace
Signed, Marketing

Agreed, but also disagree. If you treat your customer base with SUCH contempt that you imply they do not understand basic mechanics of the product one -almost by definition - has to understand how to fix.. you are condemning your sales to an ever lowering bar..

#106 1 year ago

Wish PB got the license for Led Zeppelin, Stern wasted it. Alien, best game for sale right now in my opinion. Looking forward to playing this, congrat's!

#107 1 year ago

Wait, there is a Queen and Spinal Tap game being released at the same time just months after Rush? I'm so confused as well as many buyers. Too much.

#108 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wish PB got the license for Led Zeppelin... Alien, best game for sale right now in my opinion.

If only they had anything to do with it.

#109 1 year ago

Who gives a crap about the art on the PF! I never look at it!!!
Why are we treating pinball like a painting or art object. It is a game.
It looks good enough! That said the back glass could have been more interesting and cool and intriguing but no, we got the band members instead. Boring.

The art pf? Indont give 2 craps about the art on the pf. I never look at anything other than my shots and the flashing lights and the text.

#110 1 year ago

Agree on the art, it's not great but all I'm interested in is the gameplay. I saw this reply on PB's facebook, not super encouraging considering they supposedly start production in September. Still excited for gameplay though, really hoping it's good.

Pinball Bros Queen (resized).pngPinball Bros Queen (resized).png
#111 1 year ago

Thrilled for a Queen pin myself.
I agree on the art comments, its just horrible !
Looks like someone mixed up some paint, drink it and threw up all over the game.

#112 1 year ago

I was fortunate enough to see Queen on Broadway in NYC when they toured with Mott the Hoople back in 1974. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Maybe someone else reading this thread was fortunate enough to see them that week in May. I’ve been a fan since album one, which is my favorite.

8BC89949-4D05-498A-8AFB-95B5CE93488E (resized).jpeg8BC89949-4D05-498A-8AFB-95B5CE93488E (resized).jpeg
#113 1 year ago

While not soon and hopefully there will be gameplay reveal before September 24th there is this

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/the-first-chance-in-america-to-play-the-new-queen-pinball-machine

#114 1 year ago

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Easy pass for me

#115 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

I was fortunate enough to see Queen on Broadway in NYC when they toured with Mott the Hoople back in 1974. One of the best shows I’ve ever seen. Maybe someone else reading this thread was fortunate enough to see them that week in May. I’ve been a fan since album one, which is my favorite.
[quoted image]

I've always wondered what that little figurine is? Surely they didn't have one made of Freddie back then

#116 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've always wondered what that little figurine is? Surely they didn't have one made of Freddie back then

It's just a photo of him that's been artistically altered. (The 70s version of Photoshop.)

#117 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Wish PB got the license for Led Zeppelin, Stern wasted it. Alien, best game for sale right now in my opinion. Looking forward to playing this, congrat's!

You're still wrong on the LZ part (although it would have been great to see what SR REALLY wanted to do with the theme), but your enthusiasm for the Queen pin might just bring us together.

PS...I'm not expecting much from this game...keeping my expectations low to ward off disappointment...but this is a dream theme so I had to get it anyway.

#118 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The shipping on this game is $995.
Looking for a whale to help finance my machine. You have until September 1st to contact me.

Hahahahaha

#119 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's just a photo of him that's been artistically altered. (The 70s version of Photoshop.)

So it is! here's the original photo:

http://www.queenlive.ca/queen/live%20pics/72-12-20_London_09.jpg

dramatically altered, to say the least

#120 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

You're still wrong on the LZ part (although it would have been great to see what SR REALLY wanted to do with the theme), but your enthusiasm for the Queen pin might just bring us together.
PS...I'm not expecting much from this game...keeping my expectations low to ward off disappointment...but this is a dream theme so I had to get it anyway.

Boobs! Glad to hear your enjoying Led. If this was Led, I would have bought it in a second. Really like the playfield art here, but the grin and hair on the far left is a little goofy, can live with the backglass other than that. Did you get the gold? That lit side art looks sick! Thought I could upgrade my Alien SV with it but it's actually cut in to fit so I ended up buying a Alien LV too. By far the best game I have ever played to date. Have a feeling this game will be the same, a lot of passion going on in PB. Making the best products and theme's possible. Congrat's!

#121 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

Boobs! Glad to hear your enjoying Led. If this was Led, I would have bought it in a second. Really like the playfield art here, but the grin and hair on the far left is a little goofy, can live with the backglass other than that. Did you get the gold? That lit side art looks sick! Thought I could upgrade my Alien SV with it but it's actually cut in to fit so I ended up buying a Alien LV too. By far the best game I have ever played to date. Have a feeling this game will be the same, a lot of passion going on in PB. Making the best products and theme's possible. Congrat's!

Yes, I got the Rhapsody edition because...well...I travelled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue, so this seemed like a no-brainer. But again...I have a bad feeling I'll be eating thousands on the resale value if I hate it. Hoping for the best...

#122 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yes, I got the Rhapsody edition because...well...I travelled to Montreaux just to see Freddie's statue, so this seemed like a no-brainer. But again...I have a bad feeling I'll be eating thousands on the resale value if I hate it. Hoping for the best...

Can't eat it if ya never sell it!! Haha this is my theory and plan lol

#123 1 year ago

I disagree with the guy above about who cares on art.

To me personally it is part of the whole experience along with sound and game play. If I was in on this game I would be doing a custom translite and cab art upgrade straight away along with better trim but I am not a fan of the band or music so will wait for #3 Predator hopefully!! (Please do it PB!)

Personally as well Pinball Brothers Support and service is way ahead of all the others. It's nothing short of fantastic. I'd love to see them bring their manufacturer in house and not use pedretti as I question alot of the mech designs and such. It needs improvement.

Anyway looking forward to have game or two one day when I come across one somewhere and I hope they sell well and look forward to #3.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I disagree with the guy above about who cares on art.
To me personally it is part of the whole experience along with sound and game play. If I was in on this game I would be doing a custom translite and cab art upgrade straight away along with better trim but I am not a fan of the band or music so will wait for #3 Predator hopefully!! (Please do it PB!)
Personally as well Pinball Brothers Support and service is way ahead of all the others. It's nothing short of fantastic. I'd love to see them bring their manufacturer in house and not use pedretti as I question alot of the mech designs and such. It needs improvement.
Anyway looking forward to have game or two one day when I come across one somewhere and I hope they sell well and look forward to #3.

I'm hoping you do an alternate Translite! Your Alien Translite is next level!!

#125 1 year ago

Boy, a new pinball release, with one of the biggest bands of all time and crickets in this thread.....if that doesn't speak to our confidence in new pinball manufacturers I don't know what does. Wish PB the best of luck, they've got one heck of an uphill climb ahead of them

#126 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Boy, a new pinball release, with one of the biggest bands of all time and crickets in this thread.....if that doesn't speak to our confidence in new pinball manufacturers I don't know what is. Wish PB the best of luck, they've got one heck of an uphill climb ahead of them

I'm sure without footage of real gameplay or some type of tutorial isn't helping. However once we get that the non buyers will flock here to bash it and spew their never ending hate. Lol

I'm excited for this pin if that helps. I also love my Rush pin so that's how credible I am.

#127 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Boy, a new pinball release, with one of the biggest bands of all time and crickets in this thread.....if that doesn't speak to our confidence in new pinball manufacturers I don't know what is. Wish PB the best of luck, they've got one heck of an uphill climb ahead of them

Yeah...and the sin of it is that it really looks like it'll be a lot of fun. There's a ton of drop targets and fun stuff in this game (newton ball, magnet) contrary to someone above who said it's empty. But people are focusing on the artwork again without even plunging a single ball. This happened with GOT and many other games that turned out to be great. Personally I hate the Godzilla artwork...but it's a great game, so who cares?

#128 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

However once we get that the non buyers will flock here to bash it and spew their never ending hate. Lol

Nah. That won't happen because as soon as they ship I'm changing this to a Queen Owner's Thread. Then anybody that trolls will be moderated out.

#129 1 year ago

It's interesting the talk and hate on pins don't have mechs? To me some of my favorite pins are TWD, Star Wars, GB, AIQ and what all Mechs do those have? Nothing earth shattering

I absolutely love Alien (can't wait for it to arrive) and Rush not a ton of mechs there either so what do people want or do people just wake up to spew negativity?

Godzilla pro has absolutely no Mechs IMO and it's fun. Sure the premium has a building that goes up and down and a turn table that's it but it is Elwin he could do worst theme in the world and it would sell because his name is on it.

I'm a Stern guy but I'm also very excited other companies are at least trying, making it, and that's good for pinball. If I dislike a pin 99 percent of the time I'll just move on or leave a review on pinside and off I go but not go into that group and spew negativity.

Just my 2 cents nobody asked for.

#130 1 year ago

Most of us are waiting on some actual gameplay, before throwing non-refundable deposits down. That is just common sense buying, no one should be in a hurry to throw money at something we haven't even see work yet.

#131 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Bravo PB for sticking with this pin. I had fun working on it back in the Heighway days, thought it was a dead duck for sure. Queen are my favourite band but boy, do I hate rock band pins.

You also got to tinker around with the widebody versions a lot. I don't think you ever really got your playtest mitts on the standard body design.

#132 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

YOLO Boobie!!!

I was at Montreux Jazz festival in 2008 or thereabouts. How awesome is that place!

#133 1 year ago

The game looks fun (backglass art could be better though) but I really don't get PBs PR people. They release a few pics but not a single promotional gameplay video, which is what everyone wants too see.

I saw their earlier response that a good promo video takes time to produce and while I agree on that they should just have waited another week or two with the whole reveal until that video was actually done. Whats the rush? This reveal feels a bit half-assed and they loose a lot of free publicity/hype because of this. Just weird.

If I recall correctly it was about the same with their previous Alien release too (I could be wrong here).

#134 1 year ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

The game looks fun (backglass art could be better though) but I really don't get PBs PR people. They release a few pics but not a single promotional gameplay video, which is what everyone wants too see.
I saw their earlier response that a good promo video takes time to produce and while I agree on that they should just have waited another week or two with the whole reveal until that video was actually done. Whats the rush? This reveal feels a bit half-assed and they loose a lot of free publicity/hype because of this. Just weird.
If I recall correctly it was about the same with their previous Alien release too (I could be wrong here).

I've been following their social media posts and they're filled with people asking for gameplay footage. The consistent response from PB is "soon...but we're not there yet." How could they not "be there" yet enough to show us gameplay if this game supposedly starts shipping in Sept. Put an iPhone on a tripod and film some gameplay I don't need (or want) a hyper-produced promo ad. I know this is a business but it turns me off how many of their posts are "be sure to pre-order now!!" without ever really talking about gameplay.

#135 1 year ago

Am I very interested in a Rhapsody Edition of Queen Pinball? YES
Am I going to put a non-refundable deposit down before seeing game play? NOPE

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I've been following their social media posts and they're filled with people asking for gameplay footage. The consistent response from PB is "soon...but we're not there yet." How could they not "be there" yet enough to show us gameplay if this game supposedly starts shipping in Sept. Put an iPhone on a tripod and film some gameplay I don't need (or want) a hyper-produced promo ad. I know this is a business but it turns me off how many of their posts are "be sure to pre-order now!!" without ever really talking about gameplay.

There are real companies and then there are not. Stern announces and puts out a promo video on the day they ship, ready to go. PB does not. I am STILL waiting on my Alien SE from December 2020 #189. Won’t do that ever again. So having any faith these are gonna ship shortly after the promo video is published seems highly suspect.

#137 1 year ago

Anxiously waiting for game play vids. Agreed, the artwork is a let down

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from pookycade:

There are real companies and then there are not. Stern announces and puts out a promo video on the day they ship, ready to go. PB does not. I am STILL waiting on my Alien SE from December 2020 #189. Won’t do that ever again. So having any faith these are gonna ship shortly after the promo video is published seems highly suspect.

December 2020??

#140 1 year ago

Anyone think they can move 1000 LE units?
I don't.

The LE should be the price of the regular, the regular should be 7K (IMO).

#141 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I don't.

Don’t underestimate the European sales on this theme .Let’s see that trailer PB’s!

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Don’t underestimate the European sales on this theme .Let’s see that trailer PB’s!

That's true...... good point.

#143 1 year ago

Any rumor on who will code? They had a finished product with Alien to tweak.

I’m in because it’s Queen which our family knows all the songs so has theme draw, and layout looks interesting enough (Some say they can put music on in background and play but for me personally I get disinterested of pin volume off…so a decent layout and yes an expensive jukebox can be fun for me). I’m splitting cost and risk with a buddy so that makes it easier as well. Hope not too stop and go but i love PB Alien so will give them benefit of doubt and order it. I can’t believe how much pin I got for 8K (SV, earlier batches) with Alien in last 2 years market. Whatever delivery is promised I’ll add 6-12 months to, and I’ll expect early adopter issues. Since We both are fortunate to have a few other working pins I can live with this.

Let the circus begin.

#144 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I don't.

First batch of 80 sold out. 1,000? That’s a lot

#145 1 year ago

Me and the wife love Queen. She wants this one bad, but I am already on a list for another pin that is supposed to ship Q1 2023. Can't afford to buy 2 pins at one like most people on here. It seems expensive but then again, all pins these days are. The new Toy Story 4 is $12k and $15k. So the pice of these are not way out there. Would have loved if it was $2k cheeper, but then again, these are the new times we live in.

Will have to pass on it for now, If I know it will be 12 to 18 months out, I might go for it. But with my luck, both will ship in the same month and that will be a big no no. Can't wait to see some game play videos of it.

#146 1 year ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Me and the wife love Queen. She wants this one bad, but I am already on a list for another pin that is supposed to ship Q1 2023. Can't afford to buy 2 pins at one like most people on here. It seems expensive but then again, all pins these days are. The new Toy Story 4 is $12k and $15k. So the pice of these are not way out there. Would have loved if it was $2k cheeper, but then again, these are the new times we live in.
Will have to pass on it for now, If I know it will be 12 to 18 months out, I might go for it. But with my luck, both will ship in the same month and that will be a big no no. Can't wait to see some game play videos of it.

There will be plenty opportunity to buy if you want. They're not exactly flying off the shelves.

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

There is no way this pin sells 1000 units at the price they are asking. Drop the price by $2000 and they then have a chance.

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

This reads as….the code isn’t done…we can’t show video because it doesn’t work yet…..but buy it now.

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

There is no way this pin sells 1000 units at the price they are asking. Drop the price by $2000 and they then have a chance.

Simon Cowell just might purchase 1/2 of them .

#150 1 year ago

Nobody ever ordered a game from PB expecting to receive a working game any time soon, so I don't see the alarming excuse that "we aren't quite there yet enough to show you 20 seconds of gameplay footage" is going to give any of their customers pause.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/3?hl=krupps4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.