You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
749C038E-0C22-493D-AB16-940164281ECB (resized).png
1E3DC99B-9A75-46E7-BD5A-C805F9404E82 (resized).jpeg
EAD947E8-8F55-4CB5-B449-86C09EC72C29 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.
#751 1 year ago

I'm interested to see if your how your upper PF ball lock release works with 3 balls in place.

#752 1 year ago

5 games in. The lock works well as it drops each ball 1 at a time. Havent made it up to the upper playfield yet…no idea how to yet. The only issue I have is sometimes the ball gets stuck in the very back ramp leading above the pop bumpers. Lots of airballs it seems.

Strange the power cord is only 2 feet long. And my apron cards are too small to fit in the slots.

#753 1 year ago

You should get to the upper playfield by shooting the right orbit any time the guitar neck insert is lit. (Basically every other shot to that orbit if combos aren’t active.)

#754 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

You should get to the upper playfield by shooting the right orbit any time the guitar neck insert is lit. (Basically every other shot to that orbit if combos aren’t active.)

Yeah that doesn’t work. I shot that orbit over and over and never got to the upper playfield. Maybe I am missing something but I just scored 324 mil. Airballs off the slings lost me 2 balls straight to the outlanes. Is there a way to reduce the power to the slings?

#755 1 year ago

Sure, Adjustments > Coils > 4 and 16 to control the slingshot power.

Regarding getting to the upper playfield, I'd suggest going into Tests > Switch Edges, roll a ball up the right orbit, and make sure that the Right Orbit Bottom, Right Orbit Middle, and Right Orbit Top switches are all triggering. Also try selecting Tests > Coils > 12 Right VUK Diverter, tapping the Start or Enter button, and make sure you hear that diverter activating.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Sure, Adjustments > Coils > 4 and 16 to control the slingshot power.
Regarding getting to the upper playfield, I'd suggest going into Tests > Switch Edges, roll a ball up the right orbit, and make sure that the Right Orbit Bottom, Right Orbit Middle, and Right Orbit Top switches are all triggering. Also try selecting Tests > Coils > 12 Right VUK Diverter, tapping the Start or Enter button, and make sure you hear that diverter activating.

Thanks for the info. Changed the slings. Also in switch edges the bottom orbit only registers some of the time. I am guessing this is my problem.

#757 1 year ago

Probably. You might check if the PCB underneath the playfield in that vicinity is securely screwed in, and cables all nice and firm. If the problem persists after that, check with Pinball Brothers support.

Good luck!

#758 1 year ago

And can NOT get into the backbox. The lock just spins and spins and appears to have come out. I give up for tonight.

B773AFED-0651-43A8-A83A-1F2E98980ED2 (resized).jpegB773AFED-0651-43A8-A83A-1F2E98980ED2 (resized).jpeg
#759 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Probably. You might check if the PCB underneath the playfield in that vicinity is securely screwed in, and cables all nice and firm. If the problem persists after that, check with Pinball Brothers support.
Good luck!

Thanks for your help!

#760 1 year ago

That is indeed the style of lock that Pinball Brothers uses. I know, I've never had a lock like that on any of my 40 or so coin-op machines except for Alien and Queen -- perhaps it's a European thing? Anyway, when it pops out like that, it should be unlocked. Stick your fingers in the speaker holes, lift up, and angle out, basically the same as any other pinball backglass. My backglass was verrrry tight the first time I removed it ... it got a little easier to remove thereafter, but is pretty snug.

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

5 games in. The lock works well as it drops each ball 1 at a time. Havent made it up to the upper playfield yet…no idea how to yet. The only issue I have is sometimes the ball gets stuck in the very back ramp leading above the pop bumpers. Lots of airballs it seems.
Strange the power cord is only 2 feet long. And my apron cards are too small to fit in the slots.

I am having the same issue with ball hang up at the top of the playfield. I have no idea what to do with the cards. Lol. I thought they may have clear plastics that would hold the cards in but there were none in my machine or box.

#762 1 year ago

Does anyone have a way to contact PB support? There is no number listed, their website is for Alien only, and their FB page doesn't allow messages. Thanks

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Does anyone have a way to contact PB support? There is no number listed, their website is for Alien only, and their FB page doesn't allow messages. Thanks

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Select Queen in the drop down box

#766 1 year ago

I’m back. Updated code. My diverter to the right vuk still doesn’t come up during game play. Works fine in coil test mode. So for now I manually put a ball in the vuk and played the upper playfield. Locked 3 balls and started multiball. That post goes down and up before a single ball can come through. So looks like I’ll have to figure a way to drop it to release the 3 balls trapped, or remove the upper playfield.

#767 1 year ago

There is an adjustment for "Red Special MB Virtual Locks" (sorry, don't remember the number right now, I think it's one of the last ones under the Queen section of adjustments). Short term, you can turn this on and see if that works around that post issue, at least.

#768 1 year ago

Thanks. Will try that. I assume this can be fixed via code on the next update

#769 1 year ago

Well well. Fixed. The Red Special MB virtual locks are supposed to be on per (factory default). Mine weren’t. Once I changed that both issues were resolved. I suspect Hooked’s game is the same. The game now plays as it should and after putting 5 more games on it I need to express my gratitude to Ferret here and Shawn at PB support. They were on it within an hour…..Never got that kind of response from manufacturers of any of my other games, ever…..and I have a bunch. I also want to now say some things about the game for those waiting or who are curious. I have had my bouts with PB and CT about the lack of communication and the 10 month wait, but time to sprinkle some praise.

-very well packaged. Better than stern, jjp, spooky etc how they protect the game on a pallet
-This thing is absolutely beautiful. Like stunning actually.
-Queen is fun as hell to shoot once everything was working. Stuff everywhere
-The outlanes are large and balls love to go in them. Thinking some titan bands will help.
-Incredible lighting. Nice to be able to see when you play without having to add extra lighting.
-The factory sound is actually amazing. Tons of highs and bass. I’m going to add a Polk 10” sub and see how that does
-the live clips are excellent and tons of them.
-the non translite is strange but the screen is huge. More than twice my stern games and my Halloween.
-you can bump up the flippers strength to your liking if you think they are weakish
-as many adjustments to playability as a stern and a TON more than Spooky.
-Why no owners manual?
- 0 instructions for anything. The “goodie box” is just the feet, balls, power cord, apron cards you can’t use, tilt bob, 2 fuses, a light bulb, and a game number certificate. Some instructions on a sheet of paper would be nice. There are some things on this game not like others. Heck, a note saying “thank you for buying” wouldn’t be a bad thing.
-This game will continue to get better but as it sits right now it is a pleasant surprise. PB has a winner in my opinion.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Well well. Fixed. The Red Special MB virtual locks are supposed to be on per (factory default). Mine weren’t. Once I changed that both issues were resolved. I suspect Hooked’s game is the same. The game now plays as it should and after putting 5 more games on it I need to express my gratitude to Ferret here and Shawn at PB support. They were on it within an hour…..Never got that kind of response from manufacturers of any of my other games, ever…..and I have a bunch. I also want to now say some things about the game for those waiting or who are curious. I have had my bouts with PB and CT about the lack of communication and the 10 month wait, but time to sprinkle some praise.
-The outlanes are large and balls love to go in them. Thinking some titan bands will help.
-Incredible lighting. Nice to be able to see when you play without having to add extra lighting.
-The factory sound is actually amazing. Tons of highs and bass. I’m going to add a Polk 10” sub and see how that does
-the non translite is strange but the screen is huge. More than twice my stern games and my Halloween.
-you can bump up the flippers strength to your liking if you think they are weakish
-Why no owners manual?
-This game will continue to get better but as it sits right now it is a pleasant surprise. PB has a winner in my opinion.
[quoted image]

Awesome. Looking forward to getting mine soon. Know Ferret is gonna bring it!!!

#771 1 year ago

How is the new code, especially the music integration? I read it includes a new sound package by David Thiel. How much has this improved the game from those original god aweful sound effects & monotone voice callouts we've heard previously? Please say it's now brilliant, fingers crossed.

#772 1 year ago

Aflacjack Glad to hear that your issues got sorted out. Thanks for the detailed feedback. Happy to hear you’re enjoying the game!

Pinballer73 All of the audio is much, MUCH better than it was at, say, Pinball Expo last October.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

How is the new code, especially the music integration? I read it includes a new sound package by David Thiel. How much has this improved the game from those original god aweful sound effects & monotone voice callouts? Please say it's now brilliant, fingers crossed.

Brilliant I think. I noticed new animation for Wembley multiball. I only had a handful of games on .86 but I think whatever they did is good

#774 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Aflacjack Glad to hear that your issues got sorted out. Thanks for the detailed feedback. Happy to hear you’re enjoying the game!
Pinballer73 All of the audio is much, MUCH better than it was at, say, Pinball Expo last October.

That's great news, thanks for all your hard work. Looking forward to seeing some gameplay video with the new code & sound package.

#775 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

-very well packaged. Better than stern, jjp, spooky etc how they protect the game on a pallet
-Why no owners manual?
- 0 instructions for anything. The “goodie box” is just the feet, balls, power cord, apron cards you can’t use, tilt bob, 2 fuses, a light bulb, and a game number certificate. Some instructions on a sheet of paper would be nice. There are some things on this game not like others. Heck, a note saying “thank you for buying” wouldn’t be a bad thing.
[quoted image]

Thanks for your review.

Have you seen this?

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001068107-queen-pinball-rulebook?fbclid=IwAR0ONc7sLFoRkcZ-JVgUelVD7-giOrmNYUpdvi2m7Vm0qWkW9a3NJoec6Q8

#776 1 year ago

I have not! But it is saved now. We are putting all kinds of good info out to the market in here huh?

#777 1 year ago

Well I’ve put about 25 games on Queen so far.
Overall, this game is a fun shooter. Me and my buddy played it as we made minor adjustments along the way and we kept on wanting to play one more game.
Well done Pinball Brothers!

#778 1 year ago

See more and more games is getting me all sorts of excited!!! Sounds like the game is checking a lot of boxes for owners.

Very excited that is all!!!!

#779 1 year ago

Fixed the issue with ball hanging up at the top of the playfield. The black plunger was just a hair bit to high and a slow ball would catch on it well rolling back. The 91 update

3BB7BD9D-B04D-44C5-A228-D3CBE1954BB0 (resized).jpeg3BB7BD9D-B04D-44C5-A228-D3CBE1954BB0 (resized).jpeg58BD0118-4B67-4F38-ADEB-3304F167F85E (resized).jpeg58BD0118-4B67-4F38-ADEB-3304F167F85E (resized).jpeg9D5A8431-7C43-47CE-A36F-344571B31A58 (resized).jpeg9D5A8431-7C43-47CE-A36F-344571B31A58 (resized).jpegEA4322CF-F477-44D1-8DA2-460562EEC043 (resized).jpegEA4322CF-F477-44D1-8DA2-460562EEC043 (resized).jpegEF443D10-DE58-41C1-9496-178519B04E90 (resized).jpegEF443D10-DE58-41C1-9496-178519B04E90 (resized).jpeg
#780 1 year ago

91 update seems to have made the game flow and music better.

Awesome pin, fun shots, good music and video. Looking forward to future updates and improvements.

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from Turboprop:

91 update seems to have made the game flow and music better.
Awesome pin, fun shots, good music and video. Looking forward to future updates and improvements.

It is great hearing the positive feedback on the game. Look forward to reading more from others as they get their game. I should have mine in the next few weeks.

You can tell the passion people working on this game like Ferret have to get it as good as it can be and having David Thiel on sound, given that this is the music pin and imo he is the best in the business at what he does is a real asset.

#782 1 year ago

Arrived in Australia, Thanks Wayne (Mr Pinball Australia) very happy owner

65C8F2D2-E34A-4A74-8FA9-D4A6F31F8228 (resized).jpeg65C8F2D2-E34A-4A74-8FA9-D4A6F31F8228 (resized).jpeg923F69A4-FAC0-4887-81A9-3C9049E142E7 (resized).jpeg923F69A4-FAC0-4887-81A9-3C9049E142E7 (resized).jpegDDFE6D8C-E554-433B-87A3-3B290D6BBC22 (resized).jpegDDFE6D8C-E554-433B-87A3-3B290D6BBC22 (resized).jpeg
#783 1 year ago

Any idea on when the Champions edition will ship? I played this game at PinBrew and loved it!

#784 1 year ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Arrived in Australia, Thanks Wayne (Mr Pinball Australia) very happy owner [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats, mine should be delivered this week.

Did you have any issues out of the box?

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Congrats, mine should be delivered this week.
Did you have any issues out of the box?

Cheers,
You will not be disappointed,the live concert theme is amazing with awesome video clips.
Playing very smooth, Had to lighten sling strength to stop air balls and minor alignment adjustment needed to left kick back coil.
Put Mylar in ball lane played 28 games so far
with no issues.
Enjoy

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Cheers,
You will not be disappointed,the live concert theme is amazing with awesome video clips.
Playing very smooth, Had to lighten sling strength to stop air balls and minor alignment adjustment needed to left kick back coil.
Put Mylar in ball lane played 28 games so far
with no issues.
Enjoy

Thanks, appreciate it. Have you loaded the latest code?

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Thanks, appreciate it. Have you loaded the latest code?

Yes came with .82 so to move up to .91 had to first load .86.
Considerable difference and gives you more control over coil strength.
Is it just me but it haven’t noticed a match feature yet ? Maybe turned off ?
Did see a topper setting in the menu but

#788 1 year ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Did see a topper setting in the menu but

But what? Dude! Don't leave me hanging!

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Is it just me but it haven’t noticed a match feature yet ? Maybe turned off ?

It's not there yet, on the list for the home stretch of code work.

#790 1 year ago

Ooooo I think it's finally happening. I just received an email from Cointaker saying my game has shipped!!!!

I'm gonna be one of the cool kids soon!!!! I was even sent a tracking number.

#791 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But what? Dude! Don't leave me hanging!

But…. Only related to beacon topper feature
Sorry to frustrate you beelzeboob

#792 12 months ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

I got one on 3-23...... it said "Good afternoon, The Queen Rhapsody games are being shipped, we will be reaching out again with more information on your game within the next 15-30 days. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you, Lisa"

Sorry way behind here but I got same message same day. Got one yesterday upon asking for update that said “in next 30 days”. So basically it’s “2 weeks” from Total Recall.

#793 12 months ago

Few suggestions roughly 50 ish games in.
When going through ball search after 30 sec launch another ball automatically.
The coil kick out for the upper playfield need to be dialed back - after update the upper kicker shoots the ball right past the upper flipper unless you hold the flipper up.
Noticed while in attract mode the second or third song seems to be out of sync mouth to voice.

With the code update the flipper knockdown I was having on looped shots has stopped.

#794 12 months ago

Thanks for the feedback, @HOOKED, appreciate it!

Please note that you can dial down the VUK kicker to the upper playfield yourself to suit your tastes: Adjustments > Coils > 11 Right VUK.

#795 12 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks for the feedback, HOOKED, appreciate it!
Please note that you can dial down the VUK kicker to the upper playfield yourself to suit your tastes: Adjustments > Coils > 11 Right VUK.

Spent some time dialling in most coils which is a great feature jumping by 5% incramants either weaker or stronger. games plays fantastic and enjoying more and more everyday.Sometimes I even get a go when I can get the family off it

#796 12 months ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Spent some time dialling in most coils which is a great feature jumping by 5% incramants either weaker or stronger. games plays fantastic and enjoying more and more everyday.Sometimes I even get a go when I can get the family off it

Great to hear. Mine arrived last night. Hopefully will get to unbox it soon.

#797 12 months ago

Sounds like a bunch of you Aussies got a shipment. Hopefully they'll do another US shipment soon. Paid 7/21 and nothing yet.

#798 12 months ago

How are we enjoying our games gents?

#799 12 months ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

How are we enjoying our games gents?

Loving the game. Well done PBP quality build and very entertaining game. Looking like a keeper for sure.

#800 12 months ago
Quoted from DougAUS11:

Loving the game. Well done PBP quality build and very entertaining game. Looking like a keeper for sure.

What’d making it a keeper?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,295.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,333 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.