You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 18 votes
    17%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 45 votes
    44%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 40 votes
    39%

(103 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0693 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0691 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0692 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4515 (resized).jpeg
17039545260194323137751647023211 (resized).jpg
Card-1B copy (resized).jpg
Card-1A copy (resized).jpg
Card-2 copy (resized).jpg
DSCN2230 (resized).JPG
DSCN2228 (resized).JPG
DSCN2227 (resized).JPG
DSCN2224 (resized).JPG
DSCN2226 (resized).JPG
IMG_4850 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 27.
#651 1 year ago

The game looked great. I copied down some notes from the beginning of the Queen stream if anyone's interested:

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/first-ever-gameplay-stream-of-pinball-brothers-queen-pinball-machine

2023-02-24 14_34_11-JDL_PINBALL - Twitch (resized).png2023-02-24 14_34_11-JDL_PINBALL - Twitch (resized).png
#652 1 year ago

Thanks to everyone who joined the JDL stream today. Hope you liked what you saw! There has been huge progress over the last couple months, with still lots more planned... I think everyone is going to be really happy with the game!

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Look forward to y'all enjoying it at a show or location near you soon!

#653 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Thanks to everyone who joined the JDL stream today. Hope you liked what you saw! There has been huge progress over the last couple months, with still lots more planned... I think everyone is going to be really happy with the game!
Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Look forward to y'all enjoying it at a show or location near you soon!

I caught a bit of the stream, looks promising. One thing I noticed....early in the stream one of the commentators said he was "allowed to look at the rule sheet for about 30 seconds before it was taken back as being confidential." Considering the game is shipping and so many people have already paid for it why is the rule sheet still "confidential"? A rule sheet is something I think a lot of people would be interested to read. Just write "subject to change" on it, everyone knows the code is still being worked on. I don't understand the secrecy.

#654 1 year ago

No idea. If it's the rule sheet I'm thinking of, it's a very nice looking document, lots of diagrams showing everything it's talking about.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

No idea. If it's the rule sheet I'm thinking of, it's a very nice looking document, lots of diagrams showing everything it's talking about.

Ok cool thanks. Hopefully we get to see that soon.

#656 1 year ago

Watched the Queen stream...the game looks fun and fast as hell. Yes...the code is still early, but it's come a LOOOONG way from where we first saw it. I'm feeling a whole lot better about my purchase now and can't wait to get mine.

PS - They mentioned that the first air shipment to the US goes out Monday or Tuesday. So if you're at the top of the list you can expect an email soon.

#657 1 year ago

Game looks like a lot of fun, some great work done by the programmers! Should only get better from here. Audio is much better, in fact it's 100x better than earlier releases. Looking forward to playing the game.

Only negatives at this stage are Brian May's lame monotone call outs, real shame that and the audio levels don't transition well between music and call outs, I'd say this due to the quiet tones of Brian's voice callouts.

#658 1 year ago

Damn, I'm sorry I missed this now. They got David and Kelly back, the other US saviours of Alien. I had no idea. This IS a big positive vibe.

Quoted from Ferret:

#659 1 year ago

You know, it was never exactly razzmatazz working in the Heighway offices and there's been a lot in my life the last few years that I've ducked out of sight a lot, but now I realise...

...I miss this. I need to feel *physically* connected again.

#660 1 year ago

Damn, I just watched the stream and I might be in for queen Pinball. It looks like a lot of fun!

#661 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

They got David and Kelly back, the other US saviours of Alien. I had no idea. This IS a big positive vibe.

I've really only been minimally involved, little help with the LCD graphics and some art cleanup, but hanging about in Slack with the gang definitely like the old days.

#662 1 year ago

Getting a chance to work with all these wonderful creative folks again has definitely been a big perk of this project for me.

#663 1 year ago

You can sense the passion the team has for the theme and the game. Keep up the great work

Looking forward to getting my game.

#664 1 year ago

Absolutely. Queen is one of the most iconic bands ever. It's a privilege to work on the game that represents them. Everyone on the team wants the game to be terrific, to respect and honor what the band has contributed to music.

I'm pretty happy with where the game is today, but then thinking about how much better it is than just a few weeks ago, and then thinking where we will be a few weeks from now... yeah, this game rocks.

#665 1 year ago

Some these shots remind me of AC/DC.
Watching with interest

#666 1 year ago

Already looking way more fun to play than GnR.

Not being able to start a song on that game from the start is a strange decision.

Hope to play this on location eventually, and maybe eventually get one, once code is fully developed.

#667 1 year ago

I thought boob would get the 666 post

1 week later
#668 1 year ago

For all you who paid Cointaker in full last year they have one in their showroom you can go play lol or the irony.

#669 1 year ago

That hurts...

Have they provided any U.S. shipping updates? I stopped asking them.

#670 1 year ago
Quoted from Sllabnip:

That hurts...
Have they provided any U.S. shipping updates? I stopped asking them.

There's a second air shipment going out soon followed by a container shipment which will...slowly...make...its...way...to...us.

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

There's a second air shipment going out soon followed by a container shipment which will...slowly...make...its...way...to...us.

Thank you

1 week later
#672 1 year ago

They haven’t said shit, and replies are short and distant when you make the mistake of asking for updates.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

They haven’t said shit, and replies are short and distant when you make the mistake of asking for updates.

Right there with ya. It might help if we all start messaging PB on Facebook for actual updates. I don't know but will be last time I ever order from CT.

As much as my wife and I love Queen id rather have a full refund and CT/PB can sell one less game. Rant over thanks for listening to me blow off steam.

#674 1 year ago

PB response to me asking if they had an exact number of machines on the way here and when those machines are expected to make it.

Screenshot_20230319-093205 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230319-093205 (resized).png
#675 1 year ago

Late to the party, but finally got around to watching the stream. Game looks like a lot of fun. I was in on this, and then decided to wait with all the new stuff coming out, now thinking I need to find a way to get back in.

Looking forward to the feedback from TPF with latest code.

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It’s pretty bullshit to sell someone a commercial product, at full price, and then they’re being treated like a beta user who is providing valuable feedback back to the company.
There should be a discount of some sort. It’s bizarre they would send sample/prototypes to customers instead of people who specifically sign up to be testers
Like you’re doing work for them at this point…and you get a lesser machine at full price.
(And I don’t want to hear whataboutisms with other pinball companies shipping barely tested games - it’s all bullshit)

I don’t see why anybody is surprised. These guys are total amateurs who somehow ended up with a “grail license.”

We all knew this thing would be at a home brew level.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We all knew this thing would be at a home brew level.

And yet, based on the latest streams, it's not. They're a boutique company just like Spooky, so games take longer to build and get out...and code is just as slow to develop as Stern titles. I like what I see (except for some artwork that I hate) and I'm glad I'm getting one.

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And yet, based on the latest streams, it's not. They're a boutique company just like Spooky, so games take longer to build and get out...and code is just as slow to develop as Stern titles. I like what I see (except for some artwork that I hate) and I'm glad I'm getting one.

What artwork to do you hate? John Deacon?

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

What artwork to do you hate? John Deacon?

Uh-oh...you're not the artist, are you? Didn't mean to offend if you are. I'm not into the cartoon-y look like the artwork on the translite. I also think the cabinet art is a little lazy...it's basically a two-tone print and the only spots of color you get are on the front of the cabinet where the Innuendo or Kind of Magic stuff is by the shooter and start button. I have no issue with the playfield and LOVE the Freddie illustration taken from the Neal Preston photograph at Live Aid. So it's really the exterior art I don't like.

BUT...keep in mind I'm not a fan of Dirty Donny and love Chris Franchi's work. So all art is subjective and some would think I'm nuts. There's a butt for every chair...

#680 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Uh-oh...you're not the artist, are you? Didn't mean to offend if you are. I'm not into the cartoon-y look like the artwork on the translite. I also think the cabinet art is a little lazy...it's basically a two-tone print and the only spots of color you get are on the front of the cabinet where the Innuendo or Kind of Magic stuff is by the shooter and start button. I have no issue with the playfield and LOVE the Freddie illustration taken from the Neal Preston photograph at Live Aid. So it's really the exterior art I don't like.
BUT...keep in mind I'm not a fan of Dirty Donny and love Chris Franchi's work. So all art is subjective and some would think I'm nuts. There's a butt for every chair...

All good, no not the artist. John Deacon image is my less favourite. I am fine with the rest of it.

#681 1 year ago

Are they at TPF this year and any update on when we will see them in the field?

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from whiteyjfm:

Are they at TPF this year and any update on when we will see them in the field?

From post #4 in the TPF thread. They are there.

C3346679-F2F8-44BE-BC74-E7EA684B1C73.jpegC3346679-F2F8-44BE-BC74-E7EA684B1C73.jpeg
#683 1 year ago
Quoted from AFM95:

From post #4 in the TPF thread. They are there.
[quoted image]

...and most people seem to be pleasantly surprised by the gameplay. People who wouldn't own one probably just aren't into the theme, but for Queen fans, that's a great thing to hear. (And let's all remember that it's still running on very early code...we haven't even hit .90 yet!)

#684 1 year ago

Hopefully they’re on 0.90.

Glad to hear people are enjoying it! It’s a super fun game, and as you suggest, will keep getting better.

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Glad to hear people are enjoying it! It’s a super fun game, and as you suggest, will keep getting better.

I thought the last update was .84 or .87? (I know you're heavily involved with the evolution of this game!) Any idea when you expect the full code will be done? Just wondering if it's a year out like Stern games seem to be.

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Keep it going Ferret.

And you are on GTF now too right?

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I thought the last update was .84 or .87? (I know you're heavily involved with the evolution of this game!) Any idea when you expect the full code will be done?

Last big release was 0.88, a couple weeks ago. 0.90 is basically a TPF special build.

I believe in the next few days, we’ll be setting up plans for the path to final code, so I don’t know the exact timeline yet, but it’s gonna be much sooner than a year, I know that.

Quoted from iceman44:

Keep it going Ferret.
And you are on GTF now too right?

Yes, I’ve been on rules and code for GTF from the beginning.

#688 1 year ago

Those that played Queen at TPF, what did you think?

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I liked it alot. My wife liked it alot. I wish I could have heard the music or callouts. It's just too tough to get the whole experience at the show. Unless they are setup with headphones or something. Reminded me of Elvis a little bit.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

Worst game of the show by a mile. It's a serious clunker, I actually found it more fun to play Humpty Dumpty than Queen. Ok, so the code is better than what it was at expo but it can't save what is a plain bad playfield design. What was also telling is that the Queen stand was the quiet stand of the show, You could easily play the game if you wanted to - PB have missed the boat both in terms of launch timing but massively in terms of competing with the other games. Only die hard queen fans will most likely be in on this, and the show must go on for them.

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Worst game of the show by a mile. It's a serious clunker, I actually found it more fun to play Humpty Dumpty than Queen. Ok, so the code is better than what it was at expo but it can't save what is a plain bad playfield design. What was also telling is that the Queen stand was the quiet stand of the show, You could easily play the game if you wanted to - PB have missed the boat both in terms of launch timing but massively in terms of competing with the other games. Only die hard queen fans will most likely be in on this, and the show must go on for them.

Fantastic! Looking forward to getting mine. My STh, GOT, and LZ were also considered the worst when they came out.

There seem to be a lot of mixed opinions here. Yes...it won't be the best game made, but it hardly looks as bad as you're describing. Time will tell...and if I hate it, I'll just sell it. All of the show ones sold on the first day, so it can't possibly be THAT bad...

#692 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyoz:

I thought it looked amateurish and semi-homebrew in terms of the playfield quality. My wife did not share my opinion, and loved it. I thought that it sucked less than I was expecting it to based on what I'd read about it, but it's still not a game I'd consider buying. It is a shame that you could not hear the music or callouts at all in the show environment.

#693 1 year ago

The Queen plunge drives me bonkers, it follows no logic. That continued thought process, shows on the entire play field. Shots that are just bricks, shots that go nowhere, etc.

It is a shame, because being a huge Queen fan, I was hoping it would make me consider the game.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Time will tell...

THIS!
Regarding Neil's review, nice to read a review from someone that actually played the game opposed to people just hating on it!

What has to be concerning is the amount of interest in the machine. When new pins are released or in the process of being released people constantly post about it. This thread goes for days without any post. Just doesn't seem to be a lot of interest here.

#695 1 year ago

Saw an interview from Coin Taker guy saying queens switches aren't mechanical but are conductive. Anyone have any info on that? I'm curious to look. Might have to try and take a look at Alien at the local arcade.

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Saw an interview from Coin Taker guy saying queens switches aren't mechanical but are conductive. Anyone have any info on that? I'm curious to look. Might have to try and take a look at Alien at the local arcade.

They are Eddy switches. Same as on Alien. They have sensors which are recessed underneath the playfield. They can tell when a ball travels over them.

#697 1 year ago

Eddy switches are on a few games from the 90s. Using it for inlane switches as part of a giant PCB was a clever ease of manufacturing design by Heighway.

JJP uses a similar idea where they combined a proximity sensor (the one that turns off a phone display when you pick it up) with a LED insert. So then the insert window is both a switch and a lamp

#698 1 year ago

Played Queen at the TPF. Thought it shot well. After playing it a few times and figuring out the shots it was alot of fun. Hard to rate a music pin at a festival when all you can here is other pins going off everywhere. Designer said there is a major code drop coming out in a couple weeks.

#699 1 year ago

I played Queen at TPF. I don't know much about it but I liked the lack of switches (played quick and smooth) and I was getting monster bonus (over 100M a ball on ball 2 and 3). Looked good! It wouldn't be for me but i'm hoping a local friend picks one up

#700 1 year ago
Quoted from Turboprop:

Designer said there is a major code drop coming out in a couple weeks.

There will probably be a steady stream of code updates over the next several weeks, as there have been over the previous several weeks. Glad you enjoyed the game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,795.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
8,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sparks, NV
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 10,495.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/14?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.