You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Queen Pinball Announced by Pinball Brothers”

• Huge Queen fan: I've put down a deposit and I'm all in! 11 votes
    19%
  • I'll hold off until the reveal and see how code develops. 21 votes
    36%
  • The art is too fugly and there's a speaker grille on John Deacon's crotch: I'm out. 26 votes
    45%

(58 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

81981AB5-CB1C-4A6D-B764-8921B17EFFDC (resized).jpeg
AC9F9C24-775D-46C9-9114-4B9A72B77762 (resized).jpeg
AC6A0B39-0F40-4F55-BDF6-9897CB67EEE2 (resized).jpeg
5F1936B9-305F-435A-BB06-0491A073E585 (resized).jpeg
0E3A9796-A225-4E75-B484-54D31528AFE9.jpeg
83348CD5-C5F3-4CCA-B3F5-D00F3AC57FC5.jpeg
66F28CA8-EA09-4388-8030-4D2AD4FB2E4F.jpeg
97147E72-D9DA-476C-8A91-254BA779EF90.jpeg
3CCA1842-7FAF-49DF-9BF2-53644EAF0F79.jpeg
FAD6A65E-11E6-4805-B5F7-426CB9CA543A.jpeg
3F4495A1-7B53-494C-9137-0DD7ED810B6D.jpeg
E90117DF-5DE3-47DE-8F64-758524FDBBFF.jpeg
DC514E92-2DB6-4F58-869E-9C2B2674D9BF.jpeg
7F134B29-D370-4B94-AC9B-2E7A0336F895.jpeg
4B3D59BD-1096-45BF-B5AC-A28CF76961D0.jpeg
8F22D9FA-207A-4E58-BDDF-A6EFD86EF573.jpeg

There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
#601 19 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh. I get it. Sarcasm.

No way! All good movies. I’m watching starship troopers for the second time today.

#602 19 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

The code seemed to be barely above the "blinky lights" stage, so updates are good to see.

While there is a lot of tuning still to be done, the code is WAY past "blinky lights". There is actually a ton to do in the game -- properly explaining/guiding the player about those rules is much of the work being done at this point. But as I mentioned previously, there ain't no way we're gonna drop the ball on a killer title like Queen.

#603 19 days ago

. edit: Wrong pin. Sorry.

#604 19 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

While there is a lot of tuning still to be done, the code is WAY past "blinky lights". There is actually a ton to do in the game -- properly explaining/guiding the player about those rules is much of the work being done at this point. But as I mentioned previously, there ain't no way we're gonna drop the ball on a killer title like Queen.

That's good to hear. Looking forward to seeing more.

#605 18 days ago

I've seen some gameplay vids of this in 'action', and I can't decide if it's a pinball game or a media player.

#606 18 days ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I've seen some gameplay vids of this in 'action', and I can't decide if it's a pinball game or a media player.

Not surprised about this statement, your generally very negative ...

#607 18 days ago

Hopefully Ghiandalf doesn't mind me posting this here. He has Queen and has been kind enough to upload some great photos and videos. For those who haven't seen them here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0o5aVbMKxzyWo

And here's the link to his owners club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-owner-club

At this point Ghiandalf has given us more info on this game than Pinball Brothers. I hope to add this game to the collection someday, not quite sold on the gameplay yet but it has great potential.

#608 18 days ago
Quoted from reffob:

Hopefully Ghiandalf doesn't mind me posting this here. He has Queen and has been kind enough to upload some great photos and videos. For those who haven't seen them here is the link: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0o5aVbMKxzyWo
And here's the link to his owners club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-owner-club
At this point Ghiandalf has given us more info on this game than Pinball Brothers. I hope to add this game to the collection someday, not quite sold on the gameplay yet but it has great potential.

Just looked at the pics. Not for nothing, but that cabinet speaker is pathetic...looks like it's a 6 inch woofer. This is a game that screams for a sound upgrade.

#609 18 days ago
Quoted from reffob:

Most frustrating thing about his posts is that hes stuck tearing apart and trying to repair a brand new machine. The guys dedicated but i would have returned that turd under warranty on day one.

#610 18 days ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Most frustrating thing about his posts is that hes stuck tearing apart and trying to repair a brand new machine. The guys dedicated but i would have returned that turd under warranty on day one.

True dat! But my understanding is that the first three people that got machines in Italy all agreed to be beta testers with the full understanding that kinks would need to be worked out. Pretty sure that's why they kept the first machines "local."

#611 18 days ago

https://share.icloud.com/photos/024WLSDq_vNEA4jxbLttuqH2g

You know we are a beta testers although I was never informed of this , so please don’t judge by this video ..this machine need many adjustments but they will be fine for official release next month

Some issues with the Wembley diverter not work
Right ramp is difficult to made for me just one shot every 20 shots
Left ramp geometry need some adjustment
Weak pop bumpers
A little too much flipper bats fade coil
Code is in childhood status
Callouts , “cover”the music during songs
Wembley magnet don’t release the ball

Game is fast and funny
No issues with the targets like alien did
Sound is impressive , need an external subwoofer for sure

I made by my self a black knight protector 2.0 to protect the playfield , yes I know shit decision , so please be patient for stucked balls

81981AB5-CB1C-4A6D-B764-8921B17EFFDC (resized).jpeg
#612 17 days ago

Ciao
Yes, first 4 pinball machine are in Italy.
Our distributor (RS-Pinball) made a courtesy to give them to us for first.
In my case I asked to obtain it soon.
Today I understand we obtained a machine like a prototype but I’m sure about future.
First software upgrade came. Now we will wait major update scheduled on February.
Yes we have some problem about ramps, bop bumper, etc. but I have more trust on my distributor, he will insure us. Stephan already tell me to not worry and i haven’t preoccupation.
This is Queen and this is only one opportunity to obtain our love music pinball.
All people will collaborate to obtain a great title.
I suggest to all to inform PB about problems and they will help us and will make next pinball without same problem.
We have very first machines. I’m sure if we waited we would obtained machines with all people in 2023 and with minor problems.
I understand people that pay and want perfect machine, for this I suggest to put eye on Company with experience and NAME to limit surprise.
All new Company are a test for us. In this case we have a top title and it need trust from us.
It is the same of a car. For my experience it is distributor that will work to help buyer, I suggest to buy all item from a trust seller and he will help for all problem to confirm his net marketing.
In the end I very understand people from Rome and I think he is right.
In my case I can accept some problems to obtain item before all people but I understand that for more people this is an investment.

#613 17 days ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

Ciao
Yes, first 4 pinball machine are in Italy.
Our distributor (RS-Pinball) made a courtesy to give them to us for first.
In my case I asked to obtain it soon.
Today I understand we obtained a machine like a prototype but I’m sure about future.
First software upgrade came. Now we will wait major update scheduled on February.
Yes we have some problem about ramps, bop bumper, etc. but I have more trust on my distributor, he will insure us. Stephan already tell me to not worry and i haven’t preoccupation.
This is Queen and this is only one opportunity to obtain our love music pinball.
All people will collaborate to obtain a great title.
I suggest to all to inform PB about problems and they will help us and will make next pinball without same problem.
We have very first machines. I’m sure if we waited we would obtained machines with all people in 2023 and with minor problems.
I understand people that pay and want perfect machine, for this I suggest to put eye on Company with experience and NAME to limit surprise.
All new Company are a test for us. In this case we have a top title and it need trust from us.
It is the same of a car. For my experience it is distributor that will work to help buyer, I suggest to buy all item from a trust seller and he will help for all problem to confirm his net marketing.
In the end I very understand people from Rome and I think he is right.
In my case I can accept some problems to obtain item before all people but I understand that for more people this is an investment.

the most important problem is that I have never been informed, unlike you, of receiving an experimental machine, and I paid in full for a prototype .... I think anyone in my place would be pretty pissed, paying in full to be a tester ….I don't know a company in the world that charges its users in full to be a tester. Honestly, stefan is not giving me any kind of reassurance or a different choice ... so I'm doubly pissed ... €13,200 stopped for 4 months ... can I be a little pissed?

#614 17 days ago

I understand and you are right but I’m optimist about future.
Regarding Stephan, for my experience he is a great people always available.
My experience with Stern distributors is very bad in comparison with RS-Pinball.
Stephan wrote to me 200 times to understand my situation and pinball feedback.
I suggest to you to write a list of problems and to send it to Stephan.
Stephan will speak with PB to help you and to help all buyer.
For my experience Stephan has more attention to take clients.
I bought this machine because it is Queen but most important because it come from Stephan.
About PB I prefer to not speak about it because I have only this one experience.

#615 17 days ago

If you want I can explain my crazy experience with GnR CE playfield or GB LE playfield.
I didn’t obtained new playfields or solutions or suggestion… in some cases without reply.
About Metallica light blink problems?
No solution, no reply.
Regarding WOZ boards.
We know that more new pinball have serious problems and we know that more people didn’t found solution.
My solutions are to sell and to buy pinball another time

#616 17 days ago

Differences come only from distributor choice.
Only distributor can make a road to help buyer.
From manufacturing I didn’t received solution or insurance or simply helping .
From Stern manufacturing only negative reply indipendently from number of same problem from all people. Only fascist reply without possibility to speak about and without interest of buyer satisfaction. Why? Because it will sell indipendently from feedback, forum, etc.

#617 17 days ago

And when distributors presented special editions? Do you accept to do an auction with others people?
Is it serious?

#618 17 days ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

I understand and you are right but I’m optimist about future.
Regarding Stephan, for my experience he is a great people always available.
My experience with Stern distributors is very bad in comparison with RS-Pinball.
Stephan wrote to me 200 times to understand my situation and pinball feedback.
I suggest to you to write a list of problems and to send it to Stephan.
Stephan will speak with PB to help you and to help all buyer.
For my experience Stephan has more attention to take clients.
I bought this machine because it is Queen but most important because it come from Stephan.
About PB I prefer to not speak about it because I have only this one experience.

Thanks for your suggest but I know stefan very well and he is always busy , slow and not satisfactory responses so I talked with pedretti many times on these days to inform them about this “ beta tester ? “ situation they always been very helpful but … I bought from the dealer so we need to wait the slooooooow responses from him, one month right now and eight month from the first down payment

#619 17 days ago

I hope we will solve all problems

#620 17 days ago
Quoted from Ghiandalf:

And when distributors presented special editions? Do you accept to do an auction with others people?
Is it serious?

I can accept just one law

My money are the same money about a customer in Milan , or Switzerland , or Minnesota , or Disneyland so I ask the same condition , the same info and the same courtesy of each world customer that’s all.

This is the first time that I don't get, if you allow me, very important news like being a beta tester for a full price …. Daniele acciari lives 10 kilometers from my house if there is a need for a beta tester for FREE , not in full paid condition.

#621 17 days ago

It’s pretty bullshit to sell someone a commercial product, at full price, and then they’re being treated like a beta user who is providing valuable feedback back to the company.

There should be a discount of some sort. It’s bizarre they would send sample/prototypes to customers instead of people who specifically sign up to be testers

Like you’re doing work for them at this point…and you get a lesser machine at full price.

(And I don’t want to hear whataboutisms with other pinball companies shipping barely tested games - it’s all bullshit)

#623 17 days ago

I can't watch it. It says it is still being uploaded.

#624 17 days ago

I played this at expo and I was more impressed with this than Bond.

#625 17 days ago
Quoted from Octomodz:

I played this at expo and I was more impressed with this than Bond.

Absolutely agree with you there. It was fun to shoot and gorgeous playfield. Code will get there I’m sure.

#626 16 days ago

Dear All, I just obtained my first experience with PB assistance.
On Friday I opened a ticket about ramp under the miniplayfield.
Today, PB asked to me my address to ship ramp.
Only to update about assistance organisation

#627 14 days ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I can't watch it. It says it is still being uploaded.

Sorry

https://share.icloud.com/photos/08dMjbyHMz945w5lEsM3_teww

#628 14 days ago

Thank you Spaghetti73 it looks like a blast- how does it feel to shoot?

#629 14 days ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Thank you Spaghetti73 it looks like a blast- how does it feel to shoot?

Very fast , you know I installed a black knight protector with minor adjustments so the shot are very similar to the stern theme .. if pinball brothers put a decent code with more adrenaline callout and game integration this queen pinball machine will be a blast to play for sure

#630 14 days ago
Quoted from Spaghetti73:

Very fast , you know I installed a black knight protector with minor adjustments so the shot are very similar to the stern theme .. if pinball brothers put a decent code with more adrenaline callout and game integration this queen pinball machine will be a blast to play for sure

Agreed...it looks like it's a blast to shoot. Now it's all about the code...

#631 14 days ago

Maybe it's just me, but callouts and sound effects seem to mute the music slightly. Music volume keeps going down and up, down and up. Distracting.

#632 14 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe it's just me, but callouts and sound effects seem to mute the music slightly. Music volume keeps going down and up, down and up. Distracting.

Thinking your not liking this game at all.

#633 14 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

And I'm thinking it's still way early code, so who cares?

#634 14 days ago

0.82 was a bit over-enthusiastic about how it ducked the music for sound effects and such -- already fixed for the next release.

#635 14 days ago

Brian doesn't sound too bad on his call outs, but Roger sounds like he is channeling his inner Sir David Attenborough.

#636 14 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You'd be incorrect. Pointed out what I thought was an issue, and voila:

Quoted from Ferret:

0.82 was a bit over-enthusiastic about how it ducked the music for sound effects and such -- already fixed for the next release.

I want this game to be awesome, as it is one of my dream themes, so if I have a concern I am going to express it. Seems like they were already on it, so no big, but I don't see the problem with pointing out issues.

#637 14 days ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

You'd be incorrect. Pointed out what I thought was an issue, and voila

PB is very attentive, code still young, but I think it will pan out just fine .

#638 14 days ago

Given that it had multiple iterations and three designers working on it at different times, refining and streamlining it while treading on each other's toes as little as was manageable, it had bloody BETTER have turned out a good shooter.

#639 13 days ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That's good to hear. Looking forward to a new video when the next release is available. I couldn't watch more then 3.5 minutes of the video link posted above, the up-down of music was driving me nuts! Hopefully the programming can better incorporate the music & call outs. The call outs are going to be the hardest thing to improve, as there is most likely no desire to rerecord these with a professional pinball sound guy directing & encouraging the band members, which is a shame as it really needs that touch. The way it is, it makes for a very bland game with good music. Queen the pinball deserves so much more.

#640 13 days ago

Ferret If you get a chance, and PB approves, a general rundown of the rules and objectives of the game would be awesome. What are you trying to accomplish with the different songs, general progress to wizard modes, etc.

1 week later
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 9.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Tools
PinDoc Restorations
Tools
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 641 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-pinball-announced-by-pinball-brothers/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.