(Topic ID: 252989)

Queen of Diamonds Bell Inoperative

By Pinball-DOOD

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B90CF1F4-2BF1-4656-BF98-36837D57AF7A (resized).jpeg
    #1 4 years ago

Hey all!

My Gottlieb 1959 Queen of Diamonds has one bell that sounds very muted and I think it might be missing a spring. Right now, the lever that strikes the bell is just leaning on the bell. Do I need a spring to attach to the lever that strikes the bell? If so, where can I find a spring to install? I believe the old spring popped so I’ll need a new one. Thanks!

B90CF1F4-2BF1-4656-BF98-36837D57AF7A (resized).jpegB90CF1F4-2BF1-4656-BF98-36837D57AF7A (resized).jpeg
    #2 4 years ago

Yes, spring needed. Email Jimmy at PBR and ask him about it: [email protected]

#3 4 years ago

Actually, the spring likely matches the other one, so if you can find one in a hardware store it will save shipping cost.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from currieddog:

Actually, the spring likely matches the other one, so if you can find one in a hardware store it will save shipping cost.

Great! Thanks! Thought so!

#5 4 years ago

Tried installing the spring but I’m confused about how it is installed I see the hole where one half of the spring goes but does the other half go around that bell lever? I tried doing that and now the score motor is endlessly running

#6 4 years ago

Fixed the score motor problem but still confused on the spring

#7 4 years ago

FIGURED IT OUT WOO!

1 week later
    #8 4 years ago

Well, where did it go?

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from valveamp:

Well, where did it go?

Had to take the stepper out and on the other side there was a hole for the other half of the spring

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-of-diamonds-bell-inoperative-?hl=pinball-dood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.