Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dicky
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Untitled.png
    seattle-pinball-museum (resized).jpg
    Unknown-3 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20181106-055810_YouTube (resized).jpg
    da8baed8e5d331c70950b34d8589438cd10644a5.jpeg (resized).jpg
    P8290351 (resized).JPG
    images-2 (resized).jpeg
    5eefa1226a3ebb8af009db9f9984528a5bdb4ec9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    5b6ee33b8f2502cc9da43369317071b80edc8a94.jpeg (resized).jpg
    0770ca8b8cb9efa2c0457fee09eb22b697c20454.jpeg (resized).jpg
    5867d326c220b8d9178a16bf4e803b81d91c9004.jpeg (resized).jpg
    There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Just seen the new Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody, and there is a long scene in a bar close up with a classic Stern Galaxy all LED’d out. We all know Barry Oursler was working on a Queen for Heighway Pinball. Start the rumors now, is it possible another manufacturer grabbed the license and will be making this game. Deeproot or Stern ?

#2 5 years ago

Sure it's possible.

But we don't go to you for rumors and speculation, we go to you for solid info!!!

Nothing has lead me to believe there is a Queen pinball in the work, as much as I'd love to see it. You got anything besides a pinball machine in a movie?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sure it's possible.
    But we don't go to you for rumors and speculation, we go to you for solid info!!!
    Nothing has lead me to believe there is a Queen pinball in the work, as much as I'd love to see it. You got anything besides a pinball machine in a movie?

I remember for the longest time you never believed a Stern KISS Pinball machine was coming then BOOM there it is !

I thought the movie was well done moved along well told a good story.

#4 5 years ago

I’d be all in for this. All in.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I remember for the longest time you never believed a Stern KISS Pinball machine was coming then BOOM there it is !
    I thought the movie was well done moved along well told a good story.

THat's not what I meant. Do you actually think this is coming, like you thought (KNEW) KISS was coming? Or is it just wishful thinking plus you saw it in a movie? Your info has been as solid as anybody's so it's good to know if this is info or hope.

I'd love to see it but not sure how Queen would go over. Pinball is a very Alpha Male, macho stud heavy hobby these days!

Freddie was a macho stud, but not sure if this crowd is ready for a gay superstar themed pinball machine.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THat's not what I meant. Do you actually think this is coming, like you thought (KNEW) KISS was coming? Or is it just wishful thinking plus you saw it in a movie? Your info has been as solid as anybody's so it's good to know if this is info or hope.
    I'd love to see it but not sure how Queen would go over. Pinball is a very Alpha Male, macho stud heavy hobby these days!
    Freddie was a macho stud, but not sure if this crowd is ready for a gay superstar themed pinball machine.

Have no knowledge, none, nada.
    Just thought it was kind of cool to see a classic Stern Pinball in the movie I agree with you not quite sure Queen pinball machine wouldn’t work. But who knows Stern did make a Rolling Stones and I’m sure that wasn’t the hottest seller....Although I own one lol.

#7 5 years ago

Pretty sure Andrew Heighway bought (or pretended to have bought) the licence for Heighway Pinball a few years ago. No idea what happened when HP went belly up. Licence may have expired in the meantime anyway.

Should make a solid theme for Stern.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Just seen the new Queen movie Bohemian Rhapsody, and there is a long scene in a bar close up with a classic Stern Galaxy all LED’d out.

LEDs in the 70s?

#9 5 years ago

I would love a queen pinball it's definitely in my top 5 dream themes.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Looks like getting yourself shamed and kicked out of o-dins monkeygate thread has really taken a toll on your mental well being there Levi.

#11 5 years ago

Sign me up for a LE!
    Take or crowd source my money now, then build it!

Beatles for Christmas 2018 then Queen for Christmas 2020.

5867d326c220b8d9178a16bf4e803b81d91c9004.jpeg (resized).jpg5867d326c220b8d9178a16bf4e803b81d91c9004.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

LEDs in the 70s?

Hey I’m sure it made the game pop.

Freddie didn’t find out he had HIV till 2 years after Live Aid so hardly the only dramatic license taken!

#13 5 years ago

As long as there are "certified collectible" editions I'm in I can see Stern making a Queen pin, could be cool.

#14 5 years ago

A Queen pin could be sensational, if it's done well.

Could include Flash - tribute to FG?

Play The Game
    We Will Rock You
    We Are The Champions ( Wizard mode ).
    Killer Queen
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Radio Ga Ga
    Another One Bites The Dust ( End of game ).
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Under Pressure ( Hurry up's )
    Flick Of The Wrist
    Ride The Wild Wind
    Death On Two Legs

Thought Pinball Brothers kept the Queen licence?

Would like Stern and Lyman on the code.

#15 5 years ago

Here is a serious dose of reality... Sterns factory is tied up doing a few more Ghostbusters, ACDC, Deadpool, Iron Maiden and the new Beatles pinball. There isn't any room for production for any other game until the last batches of Ghostbusters, Metalica, AC DC are done. I don't work there but this is what I was told... so I don't think you're going to see another pinball go down the line until March and it will probably be Munsters or Elvira. If you were going to do a Queen pinball wouldn't you want it to come out at the same time as the movie? So I'm doubting this is going to happen ... just an opinion.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Here is a serious dose of reality... Sterns factory is tied up doing a few more Ghostbusters, ACDC, Deadpool, Iron Maiden and the new Beatles pinball. There isn't any room for production for any other game until the last batches of Ghostbusters, Metalica, AC DC are done. I don't work there but this is what I was told... so I don't think you're going to see another pinball go down the line until March and it will probably be Munsters or Elvira. If you were going to do a Queen pinball wouldn't you want it to come out at the same time as the movie? So I'm doubting this is going to happen ... just an opinion.

Doesn't really matter when it comes out.

Look at this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

Queen are top 20 of all time album sales.

If Queen is done by Stern it will be at least a year or two down the line.

#17 5 years ago

I'm not sure we need a "Queen Movie" pinball machine.
    Just "Queen" pinball machine will do.

Queen will be a massive seller for Stern. There would be healthy sales in the USA where Queen's popularity continues to grow, and massive sales in Europe and South East Asia, Australia & New Zealand. Europe, in particular, is where Stern want to increase their market, and this would help them do that.

0770ca8b8cb9efa2c0457fee09eb22b697c20454.jpeg (resized).jpg0770ca8b8cb9efa2c0457fee09eb22b697c20454.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #18 5 years ago

Bring it on...sounds good to me.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from drfrightner:

Someone told you wrong because The Munsters will be out this year.

#20 5 years ago

I heard they are going to remake this.....It's going to be a reskin of the popular Beatles Pinball

#21 5 years ago

Queen LE he’ll yeah
    It will sell like hot cakes
    Make it happen I’m in

#22 5 years ago

I hope someone reputable makes it. It could be epic.

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Play The Game
    We Will Rock You
    Killer Queen
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Radio Ga Ga
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Flick Of The Wrist
    Ride The Wild Wind
    Death On Two Legs

You missed one....

I'd totally buy this pin if I had any money

#24 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow how can you say that when bally in 1977 made Captain fantastic and the dirt brown cowboy?
    Elton John's about as gay as you can get.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

Wow how can you say that when bally in 1977 made Captain fantastic and the dirt brown cowboy?

Back then people were cool about it, and pinball was a beta male hobby.

Now people are way more uptight, and the macho alphas have taken over! Just look around Pinside and at pinball shows, nothing but studly manly men doing what studly manly men do (collecting pinball machines and putting plastic dolls all over them)!

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Play The Game
    We Will Rock You
    Killer Queen
    Don't Stop Me Now
    Radio Ga Ga
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    Flick Of The Wrist
    Ride The Wild Wind
    Death On Two Legs

Left out Dragon attack

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Now people are way more uptight, and the macho alphas have taken over! Just look around Pinside and at pinball shows, nothing but studly manly men doing what studly manly men do (collecting pinball machines and putting plastic dolls all over them)!

LOL.

#28 5 years ago

Make a Frank Zappa pinball and collect my money...

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You forgot to mention adding lots of twinkly lights to games

#30 5 years ago

Some mirrored backglass options for the Freddy Mercury LE/Diamond

5b6ee33b8f2502cc9da43369317071b80edc8a94.jpeg (resized).jpg5b6ee33b8f2502cc9da43369317071b80edc8a94.jpeg (resized).jpg5eefa1226a3ebb8af009db9f9984528a5bdb4ec9.jpeg (resized).jpg5eefa1226a3ebb8af009db9f9984528a5bdb4ec9.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #31 5 years ago

Or this one as a mirrored backglass from the world's first 'real' music video clip.

images-2 (resized).jpegimages-2 (resized).jpeg

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think he's transcended focus on his sexuality. His talent oblitered prejudice against liking his music over time, and Queen music is all over the place now. I could see it working. There's certainly a lot of great music to work with.

#33 5 years ago

I got impatient and made my own. Please to enjoy:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/flash-retheme-project

P8290351 (resized).JPGP8290351 (resized).JPG

#34 5 years ago

That's a seriously good effort.
    Well done!

da8baed8e5d331c70950b34d8589438cd10644a5.jpeg (resized).jpgda8baed8e5d331c70950b34d8589438cd10644a5.jpeg (resized).jpg
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from wdennie:

1977 was seven years before Elton's first marriage to a woman.

He had a ways to go before Bally would know how gay he could get.

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I dont think anybody really cares if Freddy Mercury was gay or not Levi. People only care when other people try and push their beliefs on other people. To my knowledge Freddy Mercury did not do that? Only thing i see about Freddy Mercury is that he was a great singer in a bad ass rock band that made alot of killer music. I personally would have no problem buying a Queen pin and i enjoy their music. What Freddy did behind closed doors is his business and i don't want to know about it. I just want him to entertain me with his singing talent and stage presence. ......if he were still alive that is.

#37 5 years ago

Globetrotters was in their One Vision video. That one along with Breakthru are a couple of my favorites.

Screenshot_20181106-055810_YouTube (resized).jpgScreenshot_20181106-055810_YouTube (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago
    Quoted from JodyG:

Globetrotters was in their One Vision video. That one along with Breakthru are a couple of my favorites.
    [quoted image]

Cool!

During their awesome
    magic Years doc, there’s pinball machines backstage during ther 1986 (final) world tour. I don’t think this doc has ever been DVDd so you’ll have to hunt down a vhs!

#39 5 years ago

Loved the movie as well. Although I’ve listened to Queen for years as my mom was a big fan of them. I now more so have a greater appreciation for them.

This song wasn’t mentioned but I’d love to hear it in the game. Possibly after the match sequence.
    “The show must go on”

#40 5 years ago

I think Queen could be a slam dunk for a music pin. The number of people who genuinely love their music and style greatly outnumber the handful of people who'd be hung up on Freddie Mercury being gay. Queen should definitely be on the shortlist for Stern's choices of doing a new music pin

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:This song wasn’t mentioned but I’d love to hear it in the game. Possibly after the match sequence.
    “The show must go on”

That song would be great for a mode like WoZ "no place like home" where you're trying to earn bringing the ball back to live play.

#42 5 years ago

Bring on Queen!

I think it could be fantastic (in the right hands)...lots to varied thematic material to work with.

#43 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I dunno Levi, Rob Halford is gay and he’s about as metal as all get out. A Judas Priest pin would be friggin awesome !!!

I think both would work in today’s market.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballer67:

Bring on Queen!
    I think it could be fantastic (in the right hands)...lots to varied thematic material to work with.

We Will Rock You premium edition

Unknown-3 (resized).jpegUnknown-3 (resized).jpeg
    #45 5 years ago

I've just seen the movie.
    I give it an 8 out of 10.
    A bit too much on Freddy's personal struggles and not enough on the other members of the band, but still a lot of fun to watch.
    And a well put together reminder of just how much Queen has shaped popular culture.

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

I've just seen the movie.
    I give it an 8 out of 10.
    A bit too much on Freddy's personal struggles and not enough on the other members of the band, but still a lot of fun to watch.
    And a well put together reminder of just how much Queen has shaped popular culture.

The other members of the band are boring as hell and nobody is going to go to a theater to see their stories.

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The other members of the band are boring as hell and nobody is going to go to a theater to see their stories.

John Deacon biopic movie coming to a theater near you LOL.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

John Deacon biopic movie coming to a theater near you LOL.

Lmao nailed it.

“The guy who didn’t sing in queen”

3 weeks later
    #49 5 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

I dunno Levi, Rob Halford is gay and he’s about as metal as all get out. A Judas Priest pin would be friggin awesome !!!
    I think both would work in today’s market.

Dont forget Elton John is on the Pinball Wizzard table.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from vansmack99:

Dont forget Elton John is on the Pinball Wizzard table.

That ain’t Elton, it’s actually Roger Daltrey of The Who.

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/queen-movie-pinball-stern-rumors- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.