Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,416 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2038[1] (resized).jpg
    20221130_193536 (resized).jpg
    20221130_193538 (resized).jpg
    C919CD50-B88D-43F3-8C43-5C8B96F6105F (resized).jpeg
    20220707_120058.jpg
    20220706_173039.jpg
    20220705_190231.jpg
    4E6FB350-D932-496E-A67E-C47614DAA94A (resized).jpeg
    6FE217CD-246E-4D26-9574-089C10AD836C (resized).jpeg
    87635104-1075-4825-940F-617AB927EA50 (resized).jpeg
    DYkfSE (resized).png
    prawn2 (resized).jpg
    20220618_124024.jpg
    jerky6 (resized).jpg
    jerky2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220614_101140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1310 3 years ago

Not that exciting but I picked up a weber kettle and have been doing some stuff.

Grilled marinated Teriyaki chicken bowl...

Was pretty good actually although next time I would use thigh not chicken breast.

Opted for breast because I had some and easier to cook then thigh on a blazing weber.

IMG_1066 (resized).jpgIMG_1066 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #1440 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

A little snow can't stop me! Based on this recipe.
    I didn't taste any smoke, they were on for about 40 minutes. I think I need some meatier wings so I can leave them on a little longer. I made the Nashville Chicken sauce, It was decent, but nobody chose it over the classic Franks and butter. I did like the Nashville dry on top of the Frank's for a little bite.

Damn those look good.

My favorite rub is whatever the hell Boltons in Nashville does... pissed me off that they closed the location I used to go to to cash out on the land.

#1442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

This was a simple home made rub, recipe was from the HowtoBBQRight youtube channel. I've also bought the rub directly from his store. It's much better than my home made one, although this one is very good.

Nashville hot chicken is its own thing but Ive never looked into how they do it.

Most places these days do a sauce but the OG places like Boltons do rubs.

I almost dont want to know because if I did I would make it all the time and be 350 lbs.

Their "spicy" is over the top hot... even regular is too much for most people.

https://www.facebook.com/BoltonsSpicyChickenandFish/

#1444 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

We had Hattie B's and Party Fowl when we were in Nashville. The Bolton's had weird hours so we missed it. I've tried making it at home with mixed results.

Yah Hatties Bs does huge biz but its a different thing.

They plopped one right across the street from the old Boltons which is probably one reason they shut it down.

Boltons is old school with mean servers and white bread with paper plates etc. but its worth checking out.

Found this from the guys channel you recommended so now of course Ill have to try it.

https://www.amazon.com/Kosmos-Nashville-Chicken-Seasoning-Spice/dp/B07PFR1QRN

2 weeks later
    #1503 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

The Kosmo stuff is decent, but it's expensive. The package is very small. I have that Wing Dust in a few different varieties. That one is my favorite.

Just for the record on the Kozmo "Nashville hot chicken" rub if anyone wants to try it... it is crazy ass hot.

I like hot but this is start sweating immediately if you use too much hot. tasty though.

#1504 3 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

So I admit, I'm not expierenced at all with east Indian cuisine. I've had curry chicken a couple times and used to wolf down beef samosas at a bus stop.
    Yesterday they had naan bread at Walmart for a buck. Well shit, Im hooked. I rubbed garlic butter and some fresh herbs on one side and placed it in a hot pan. Spread a mix of mozza and old cheddar on the other side and made a grilled cheese out of it. Here's the secret and I know it sounds weird but drizzle honey and some see salt over it and WOW! The flavor is amazing!

damn man you are missing out... indian is my all time favorite.

I got spoiled living in NYC there were delis with better indian food than most restaurants.

Chicken tikka masala I will eat until I drop.

If your grocery store has the Deep foods frozen brand they do a passable job on lots of indian standards for frozen food. Not as good as fresh but its good for what it is.

https://deepindiankitchen.com/

2 weeks later
    #1559 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Not to be rude of offensive in any way, but personally I just cant understand the thing with thick pizza bottoms. Its the same way in Norway, and for me this resemblances more something like a pie.
    I grew up in Sweden, where the pizza tradition is more italian, thin bottom. Mm.
    Dont get me wrong though, generally I do prefer big bottoms. (except pizza)

Im with you man... lived in NYC and been to Italy a bunch of times so I am a pizza snob.

Pizza with a big doughy crust isnt pizza... neither is pizza with chicken on it, pineapple, on and on.

#1561 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

People and their stupid rules.

Its not a rule... its a preference.

Some people think Dominoes is wonderful, I wouldnt feed it to my dog.

#1563 3 years ago
    Quoted from punkin:

I understand preferences, just not when they are stated as a rule.

Well, I did say I am pizza snob so the big doughy mess most americans call pizza offends me.

Same as Outback steakhouse is classic and wonderful Australian food.

#1564 3 years ago

dupe doh

#1571 3 years ago
    Quoted from easye9901:

Filet Mignon, Garlic mash, asparagus and glass of Pinot Noir
    [quoted image]

A1 too.. good man.

I hate that I like A1 but its still good shit.

3 weeks later
    #1600 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm trying to drop my Covid-30 so I'm trying Keto for a bit.

Over time you will figure out best ways to do it.. I dropped and kept off about 25 pounds doing it.

If I slip up and put on a few pounds its pretty easy to take it back off by tightening back up.

One key is not drinking or if you do stick to no carb stuff like vodka or tequila and soda.

Avoiding sugar (which is in fucking everything these days) is way harder than it seems but you will figure it out.

If anybody is interested I can throw up here some keto things you can buy in stores or on amazon that are actually good.

#1603 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I'm definitely interested in some new ideas, thanks. No shit with the sugar, it's unbelievable how much is in everything. If nothing else this diet gets you looking at labels.

Heres a few off top of my head.

Some of these are whole foods kinda things so good luck unless you have one near by... some are on amazon.

All this shit is pricy because its not sugar laden junk.

Mikeys english muffins- need to be toasted but passable for lots of uses
    Outer Aisle cauliflower thins and pizza crust- use for pizza and tacos etc. Also need to be toasted.
    Quest snack/granola bars- peanut butter chocolate is good
    Bhu keto bars and bite things
    Genius gourmet- Keto chips
    Alvorado street bakery has some lower carb sprouted frozen breads
    Kozmos makes some good rubs with no sugar for chicken etc
    Herbtonics apple cider vinegar keto pills- seem to help my gut and keep you in keto

2 weeks later
    #1651 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Proper scandinavian breakfest.
    Knäckebröd and coffe. [quoted image]

This is one of those things that is not visually appealing but id probably like it if I ate it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider elvishasleft.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quarantine-cooking-thread?tu=elvishasleft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.