Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,416 posts
  • 126 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by punkin
  • Topic is favorited by 30 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF2038[1] (resized).jpg
    20221130_193536 (resized).jpg
    20221130_193538 (resized).jpg
    C919CD50-B88D-43F3-8C43-5C8B96F6105F (resized).jpeg
    20220707_120058.jpg
    20220706_173039.jpg
    20220705_190231.jpg
    4E6FB350-D932-496E-A67E-C47614DAA94A (resized).jpeg
    6FE217CD-246E-4D26-9574-089C10AD836C (resized).jpeg
    87635104-1075-4825-940F-617AB927EA50 (resized).jpeg
    DYkfSE (resized).png
    prawn2 (resized).jpg
    20220618_124024.jpg
    jerky6 (resized).jpg
    jerky2 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220614_101140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

446 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #1597 3 years ago

Success.

ch3 (resized).jpgch3 (resized).jpg

#1607 3 years ago

Non quarantine version. BBQ at a mates, whole pig, butt of beef, legs of lamb and rotisserie chickens. Roast vegies in the big camp ovens. There was some stuff made out of leaves and other plant material too that i didn't pay much attention to.

bbq20 (resized).jpgbbq20 (resized).jpg

#1609 3 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Eagerly awaiting detalied pictures of the whole pig punkin

That's the only pic of her i have, was drunk and stoned and talking shit all night.

#1612 3 years ago

Beer battered Ling fillets, scallops, chips and local school prawns.

fc1 (resized).jpgfc1 (resized).jpg

Bought a 5kg box of NZ Ling, great white fillets.

#1615 3 years ago

Chicken chip sandwiches.

ccs1 (resized).jpgccs1 (resized).jpg

#1620 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Where’s the chicken? Looks like a chip sandwich lol

Sorry, chicken flavoured chip sandwich. The gun.

#1623 3 years ago

Sausages with bacon, oyster mushrooms, onions, garlic, chilli and peppercorns done in duck fat. I'll mix in some oyster sauce when it's nearly done. On hot dog rolls later when i'm drunk.

snag1 (resized).jpgsnag1 (resized).jpg

#1624 3 years ago

It'd give you a stiffy if you could taste it. Combo of green and black peppercorns with the bird's eye.

snag2 (resized).jpgsnag2 (resized).jpg

#1629 3 years ago

Lot's of iron's in my fire, so to speak. I like to have fun with the best of all the ways to cook.

Today is cast iron day.

ci1 (resized).jpgci1 (resized).jpg

ci2 (resized).jpgci2 (resized).jpg

ci3 (resized).jpgci3 (resized).jpg

#1638 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shredso:

I love fried calamari, I've never tried squid any other way. How are you buying the squid? When I've looked in the supermarket frozen was my only option and when I fried it, it wasn't great.

If you can find whole fresh small squid then a great way to cook them is marinade in a little olive oil, garlic and chilli with black pepper with some capsicum (bell peppers for you lot), asparagus etc and grill them all together on the weber. I use one of those baskets with a handle, should have an old pic here somewhere (could only find one with prawns in the basket, but you get the idea).

bbq14 (resized).jpgbbq14 (resized).jpg

#1643 3 years ago

Of all the things i miss about Scandinavia, it's the black bread. I can't get bread that good in Australia.

It's like people invented butter after they had that bread because they needed something to do it honour.

#1645 3 years ago

Maybe, I'm in a village.

#1647 3 years ago

Thank you, but baking bread and freehand knife sharpening are two skills i've busted my arse on and yet to master with any success.

Bread i have put special effort into, everything from months of Five Minutes a Day Artisan Bread to bread machines and old fashioned knead and rise.

I've had a couple of successful runs on bread rolls, mostly out camping in the camp oven believe it or not. But enough failures to have given up.

Sometimes you just have to accept that you can't be competent at everything.

#1650 3 years ago

I live alone nowadays and eat very little bread anyway. I keep a loaf of rye bread in the freezer and wouldn't renew it more then every second month.

SaladDodgerTooPunkin

#1658 3 years ago

Duck fat and garlic spuds. I'll cook some sausage and peas later.

spud1 (resized).jpgspud1 (resized).jpg

spud2 (resized).jpgspud2 (resized).jpg

#1659 3 years ago

snag3 (resized).jpgsnag3 (resized).jpg

#1661 3 years ago

Sechuan Hot pot. This one with chicken, shitakes and vegies, served with coconut rice.

Hot pot mix is not for the non-intrepid, likely to result in aural blood loss, tears and lasting trauma.

hp2 (resized).jpghp2 (resized).jpg

#1662 3 years ago

Henceforth to be known by it's proper name;

Reckless Endangerment.

re1 (resized).jpgre1 (resized).jpg

#1664 3 years ago

Sure, not as hot as Chili beans from near Mexico.

What would they know in Chengdu?

#1666 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Not sure what a Mexican Chili bean is .
    They do add different Mexican chili's to beans , but you're the master chef . What would I know ?

Apologies if i've somehow created a wrong impression, i'm not a master of anything.

Quite aware of chilli, mullato is my fave, i love the chocolate taste.

I'll stay out of this thread from now on, didn't mean to give you an excuse to flick that booger you've been carrying around for so long.

#1673 3 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

Here's the funny thing, you seem to forget you gve me the exact same shit , exact same words for posting in a different thread, but did I get all butt hurt and say , welp screw you guys, I'm gonna take my ball and go home .
    [quoted image]

Nothing funny and i didn't forget, once again your comprehension let you down;

Quoted from punkin:

I'll stay out of this thread from now on, didn't mean to give you an excuse to flick that booger you've been carrying around for so long.

Circumstances were different, bit subtle I know. But I'll explain.

You posted a picture of the same thing (sunset over what i assume was your house) over and over. I posted a pic of the prep for the above dish and a finished pic. Both different.

Masterchef was the slur you threw at me, like it's a fault to know more ways to cook than just BBQ. You've spouted that opinion before.

In any case, it's all yours.

#1675 3 years ago

Done that already last time i was called out because i cooked with a different method and told i was doing it wrong.

#1678 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Punkin you leave this thread I’ll come down there and make you cook me a whole hog!!!!

Well i do know where to get one, and i do have access to some great spits. I can do a much better job breaking it down and making eight or ten different products rather than just roast pork though.

#1685 3 years ago

Excellent tit for tat then.

A month late and you did the same thing that upset you so i don't quite see how that makes you the better man.

howold (resized).JPGhowold (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #1700 3 years ago

Isn't a shepherd with no sheep and only cows called a cowboy in the United States of North America (jackaroo here) ?

Cowboy pie?

#1706 3 years ago

Having waffleburgers tonight. Because...drugs.

waffleburger1 (resized).jpgwaffleburger1 (resized).jpg

#1709 3 years ago
    Quoted from bssbllr:

Marijuana is not drugs IMO.

Hadn't been talking about it, my world is all encompassing, Molly drops in for dinner on weekends.

doc1 (resized).jpgdoc1 (resized).jpg

Although it is lunchtime now, so thanks for the reminder.

lunch1 (resized).jpglunch1 (resized).jpg
    #1710 3 years ago

dup

1 week later
    #1735 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

What is pinnekjott?

Pinnekjøtt is a traditional Norwegian main course dinner dish based on lamb ribs. Pinnekjøtt is a festive dish typical to Western and Northern Norway, and is rapidly gaining popularity in other regions as well. Wikipedia

https://www.scandikitchen.co.uk/recipe-pinnekjott-traditional-norwegian-christmas-dinner/

#1746 3 years ago

Fish and chips again.

lobbie1 (resized).jpglobbie1 (resized).jpg

#1751 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Where's the fish?

Lobster, prawns and scallops. Bought them all in the fish shop.

#1755 3 years ago

You guys have got me wanting to BBQ. Weber will do for this little bit of lamb. I'll get a bit of pork too, maybe a belly.

l1 (resized).jpgl1 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1768 3 years ago

Only doing variations on fish and chips. This one is salt/pepper/chilli crust fish/scallops with salty/sweet/pepper dipping sauce.

fc1 (resized).jpgfc1 (resized).jpg

#1770 3 years ago

That's a shallow/pan fry. Chips are oven baked. I'll often do the fish oven bake too en papillote.

#1774 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

dang. when does the weather break?

Careful what you wish for.

flood (resized).jpgflood (resized).jpg

#1777 3 years ago

Definitely have the makings of tonight's episode of fish and chips, we'll have to see how it expands after a joint though.

fc2 (resized).jpgfc2 (resized).jpg

It's a tough life when the prawns are bigger than the lobsters.

#1782 3 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

After 8h of smoke she’s all ready for the wrap. I’ll be back in about 8-12h for the big reveal.
    You can tell by the shape it’s not your traditional cut, but it’s a pasture raised, grass fed Scottish Highland cow that was raised locally, so I’m not going to complain.

That's the reason i fell in love with butchery and chacuterie for a hobby.

You can pull a pig to bits and cut it any damn way you please because you are not trying to maximise the per kilo value or make it look enticing in a shop window.

Want meatier ribs and thinner belly? Want your loin chops with just a handle and no spine, fuck, want them with no bone at all?

#1783 3 years ago

Fish and chips;

fishnchips1 (resized).jpgfishnchips1 (resized).jpg

The cephalopod was just as good as the crustacea. Spuds were ok too.

#1786 3 years ago

They look great.

#1802 3 years ago

This weeks fish and chips is brought to you via Smoked Cod and Potato Chowder

fc3 (resized).jpgfc3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1808 3 years ago

This weeks fish and chips brought to you by kumera in vanilla bean extract, five spice and chilli flakes with a guest appearance from the Balmain Bugs and pepper salt calamari squid.

fc7 (resized).jpgfc7 (resized).jpg

fc6 (resized).jpgfc6 (resized).jpg

fc5 (resized).jpgfc5 (resized).jpg

fc4 (resized).jpgfc4 (resized).jpg

#1822 3 years ago

This weeks fish and chips brought to you by Prawn and Kumera Rosti's.

fc8 (resized).jpgfc8 (resized).jpg

fc9 (resized).jpgfc9 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1828 2 years ago

Blackened fish and chips.

fc10 (resized).jpgfc10 (resized).jpg

fc11 (resized).jpgfc11 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1838 2 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

Kielbasa ![quoted image]

Is that for a child? Cause who chops a sausage up and into little pieces and then eats them?

#1840 2 years ago

I understand if it's an ingredient as most of the pics are, but i do see that it must be fairly common.
    I've never seen it before except for kids who can't use a knife, so i've learnt something new and it's only 5.30am.

Is it only that particular sausage you guys cut up to serve, or all sausages?

#1846 2 years ago
    Quoted from bayoubilly70:

If it was just myself, I'd just cut a slab off and put it on my plate. I understand the 'kids' comment, but in my experience serving it like that is not like a parent cutting up a steak for a child. Usually I see it served this way sliced up (if not part of another dish) if its for a group of people - not just children. I come from a Polish family... kielbasa was a staple of food ... I live in the United States so maybe its a "Polish-American" thing? Or maybe its just my family..? I don't know.

No worries mate, i have never seen it before is all. Didn't mean to cause offence.

#1853 2 years ago

Can't help but think that sliced sausage originated as a shared food. A communal plate where each had his own fork/chopsticks/toothpick to retrieve the tasty little sausage slices of smoky pork wonderment.

#1857 2 years ago

No, avoid Sydney since i moved out more than thirty years ago. Brisbane is closer to me if i needed a big town for some reason.

#1858 2 years ago

This weeks fish and chips brought to you by coca cola and chilli salt.

fc15 (resized).jpgfc15 (resized).jpg

fc16 (resized).jpgfc16 (resized).jpg

#1860 2 years ago

Yes mate, often do that with meat as well. The cola syrup sticks well and and tastes much better than you'd think.

I started using it for making coca cola meat pies for the kids years ago, the other syrups work just as well, orange and lemonade are tw really good ones. Pork minute steaks cut from the loin go fantastic with cola syrup as a marinade and some pepper and salt.

The tint taters are done in chilli salt flour. Was a great combo, sweet, salty and spicy. I think i'll always use cola for scallops now, it's a perfect marriage and better than the terryaki i usually use.

#1862 2 years ago

That's good beef. Don't say sorry, you achieved great steak.

#1879 2 years ago

I'd be going to a fab shop and asking them to make me one out of 5mm staino (i would also not use the holes so i could use it as a fryer too, but that's me). That's how we do it on the big island.

Looks like a 2-3 carton job.

#1881 2 years ago

Baked a chook yesterday, I impressed myself so much i'll break my fish and chip rule.

Smoked over pecan.

ch1 (resized).jpgch1 (resized).jpg

ch2 (resized).jpgch2 (resized).jpg

Served on naan with bread stuffing and mint sauce gravy.

ch3 (resized).jpgch3 (resized).jpg

#1885 2 years ago

Slow braised lamb shanks with shitakes/

ls (resized).jpgls (resized).jpg

#1890 2 years ago

Yeah, you guys don't eat a lot of lamb i know.
    That was started in a large pot on the stove top with vegies and flour before browning the meat and adding stock then put the pot in the over with a cartouche at 140C for a 4 or 5 hours. Uncover to brown for an hour.

You can do a schweinshaxe (pork knuckle) too, as that has the gealtinous meat that benefits so much from slow cooking.
    But i seem to recall that you guys get more packaged meat and have to go out of your way to get a butcher to cut it how you want it too?

We have to ask the butcher to cut the pork knuckle bigger as they normally sell small parts and the bulk goes to the hand of pork.

https://www.recipetineats.com/crispy-german-pork-knuckle-schweinshaxe-with-beer-gravy/

#1901 2 years ago

Sorry, no chips this week.

Szechuan style prawns on naan with mini spring rolls.

DSCF9340[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9340[1] (resized).jpg

#1907 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Never took pics but we cooked a 14 lbs turkey yesterday. Turkey is the one food that I like better the next day. Turkey sandwiches, casseroles, etc.. Can't wait to make a bunch of turkey noodle soup

And curry, stew, soup, satay, chilli etc.

#1909 2 years ago

Cold sausages for breakfast just now reminded me of the absolute #1 next day food.

#1918 2 years ago

It is a healthy meal. For 3 people.

#1925 2 years ago

Potstickers for entrée and fish satay for main. Too lazy and full for chips.

DSCF9348[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9348[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9349[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9349[1] (resized).jpg

#1932 2 years ago

I like leftover rice in soup sometimes.

#1935 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Mashing freshly boiled small early potatoes in good broth / soup is very good aswell.

As are chickpeas or pasta bowties.

#1941 2 years ago

Grew Nasa Dorsets one year. I couldn't really use them.
    Big fan of the Habanero though.

nagadorset3 (resized).jpgnagadorset3 (resized).jpg

nagadorset2 (resized).jpgnagadorset2 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #1958 2 years ago

Doing the same thing for pinball comp today, simmered supermarket dogs on cold bread rolls. I bought some shredded tasty cheese for the unwashed masses though too.

Haven't posted a fish and chips for a while, but i have a cunning plan.....

DSCF9370[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9370[1] (resized).jpg

#1966 2 years ago

You are not supposed to boil them, just below a simmer. You're only heating them.

#1969 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I microwave my hot dogs

Quite often do the same thing. Hot water is hot water.

#1970 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

grooooooooooooooooooooooooss

What's gross about heating water and franks in the nukeuwave?

#1972 2 years ago

The first Swedish i learn't was how to order a hotdog and a beer (besides the swear words).

#1979 2 years ago

I had nuked franks out of the freezer, sans buns and dipped in tomato sauce mixed with hot english mustard for breakfast at 5 am after reading this shit.

#1986 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

I can’t believe you even eat hot dogs!
    Gross!
    What are you nine years old?!

I like quite a few processed foods. At the moment i'm hooked on Tempura battered chicken pops. Make a quick satay sauce with some Jimmy's satay (best satay in the world) and some spicy thai satay out of a bottle rather than make a peanut sauce. Probably eat that two or three times a week.

I like battered seafood sticks, some kind of protein based carboard fish flavoured food tha comes from an extruder.

My 9 year old habits include squishing Space Food Sticks into little cubes, dipping McDonalds fry's in my chocolate thick shake for the salty sweet hit, Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs and toast with salt and pepper. Been known to enjoy a Fanta ice cream spider too.

#1989 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

What are Lilly gobble bliss and Fanta ice cream spiders?

Haggis pinball's Damians favourite aussie snack food according to the Fathom thread.

DSCF9380[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9380[1] (resized).jpg

You have Fanta right? Orange pop?

Put a scoop of ice cream in there and some chocolate topping and drink some quickly as the eruption starts.

#1990 2 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I only eat one thing at a time. If I have a burger, with baked beans and fries, I eat the fries first, then the burger, and the beans last.

I couldn't bear to watch that. Do you put the sauce or gravy separate on your plate and eat that with a spoon? What about stuffing? Are you allowed to mix some stuffing with your roast? I mean, that's what it's there for.

#1995 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

yup got fanta. Never heard of doing this. will have to give it a shot. sounds like it would be good!

Try it with lemonade first. It's just my weird taste buds that go to Fanta and even most 9 year olds tell me it's grooooossss. Chocolate topping is also optional.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spiders/e78051ea-96b1-4403-9f84-2a73fa49a605

Apparently you guys call it an ice cream float.

https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spiders/e78051ea-96b1-4403-9f84-2a73fa49a605

#1997 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Haha. I wish I could still smoke. Because what you posted is straight stoner stuff. (And its nothing wrong about that!)

Haven't even got to the iced finger buns with chicken crisps and peanut butter yet.

Just establishing my credentials as a certified 9 year old so far.

#2000 2 years ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Baileys, whiskey, (cold) coffe, ice cubes and vanilla ice cream together in a blender is awesome aswell.

You ever make your own Baileys?

My recipe is all over the distilling forums in the stickies.

No distilling involved. And much better than Baileys. Keep it in the fridge.

Punkin's Muck

Whip 3 farm eggs till fluffy.
    Keep beating with the mixer as you add...
    Add 2 cups scotch (or other 40%, rum or bourbon)
    1 440ml can sweetened condensed milk,
    about the same of thick cream
    1 tablespoon of chocolate topping
    1 teaspoon of good vanilla extract.

Shake before pouring over ice...

We only usually make it at xmas time, because it's just too good, we'd be fat as fools if we drank it all year.

Beautiful as a small heartstarter after your morning coffee over the holidays

#2009 2 years ago

From one small meal guy to another, get some smaller plates. You'll feel fuller when you finish.

3 weeks later
    #2034 2 years ago

I'm a ten year old, not allowed to play with fire.

#2040 2 years ago

I have a cunning plan for a Chinese omelet

DSCF9470[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9470[1] (resized).jpg

#2047 2 years ago

Preparing for a BBQ on Saturday. Spent $380 at the butchers this morning.

I'll be sous viding beef short ribs and a pork shoulder before putting them on the stick burner over some pecan wood. Coffee rub for the beef and pork rub for the pork.

2 lots of chicken wings, Coca Cola flavoured and Honey Soy will go on the Weber over charcoal.

DSCF9477[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9477[1] (resized).jpg

#2053 2 years ago

Shit. Forgot to take photos of the 20lb of chcicken wings on the weber.

DSCF9483[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9483[1] (resized).jpg

#2059 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Never had pork neck. what is it like?

It's what you guys call the 'money muscle'. In australia it's either neck or called scotch fillet in Italy it's called Coppa. Best muscle in a pig, so it's named everywhere in the world.
    You've had it i bet, just hasn't been called neck. Its a muscle out of the shoulder, or butt to you guys.

#2062 2 years ago

Prawn cutlet day. The local headless green kings are ~$30 a kilo, costing out at $1.20 per.

Great value for the best prawns in Australia.

DSCF9507[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9507[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF9508[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9508[1] (resized).jpg

#2064 2 years ago

Ran an experiment and put panko crumbs on top of a simple tempura.

DSCF9509[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9509[1] (resized).jpg

#2066 2 years ago

We are back in lockdown, so it's back to fish and chips.

DSCF9529[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9529[1] (resized).jpg

#2069 2 years ago

Bacon smoked in 3 hours? Shit takes me two days.

bacondec161 (resized).jpgbacondec161 (resized).jpg

bacondec164 (resized).jpgbacondec164 (resized).jpg

bacondec165 (resized).jpgbacondec165 (resized).jpg

#2077 2 years ago

Finally tracked down some scandinavian style rye bread in Australia.

It is in Perth 3000km away so it's $16 a loaf by the time it gets here, but boy is it nice!

Darker than the flash show it too.

DSCF9551[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9551[1] (resized).jpg

#2079 2 years ago

Cold butter and salt and pepper mostly.

#2081 2 years ago

Lobbies look great. Slimeys are the best live bait available. Everything eats them, potato of the fish world.

#2084 2 years ago

Carrots are one of the real treats from the garden if you are used to water flavoured supermarket varieties. Kids will eat them straight out of the dirt.

The flavours that come from the King Chantenays i used to grow were sugary and rich. They go really well with a honey/butter glaze.

I had to settle for glazed onions.

DSCF9565[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9565[1] (resized).jpg

#2087 2 years ago

Then there are things like peas that are not even really worth growing as the amount of work you have to do to get the same product you can get in the freezer for next to nothing doesn't make sense.

If you live near shops that is.

Love me some fresh dug kippflers. Bit of pot mixed in your mash really livens up a meal too.

1 week later
    #2095 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

Make my first batch of links this weekend. I learned a lot and need to get myself a proper stuffer. Was pretty tasty and look forward to the next batch. These where roasted hatch chili and cheddar
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Charcuterie is the best hobby ever and i'/ve had a few.

Your snags will be prettier if you turn the skins inside out by running water threw them. Google that shit, like blowing up a balloon.

They'll taste the same, but look pretty.

How fucking good is this?

DSCF9606[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9606[1] (resized).jpg

#2097 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

I have to look into turning them inside out. interesting. how do you keep your left over casings? I packed them back in salt and put them in the fridge.

Yeah, just untangle enough for your needs for the day. Leave the others in the slat.

To turn them inside out you turn the end out a little, then start filling them from a slow running tap. They slowly turn them selves inside out.

https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/inside-out-pig-casings.63026/

If you build a cold smoker you can do pepperoni and cabanossi etc.
    If you have cold winters you can do salami in the winter and cure them hanging in your garage or wherever. You don't need a fermenting fridge, just a small fan on a timer for 10 mins every hour to promote air flow.

sausageday1.2 (resized).jpgsausageday1.2 (resized).jpg

sausageday1.9 (resized).jpgsausageday1.9 (resized).jpg

sausagepepperoni1 (resized).jpgsausagepepperoni1 (resized).jpg

sausages2 (resized).jpgsausages2 (resized).jpg

salami1 (resized).jpgsalami1 (resized).jpg

#2100 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

DAMN!!! I need a stuffer like that! I can see myself making more in the future. was fun and liked the outcome.

It's a cracker, got it from ebay i think. Holds 7kg. I used to just tech screw it to the outdoor table to hold it. 1 person job that way.
    The pics show what we used to do for 3 families. We'd make a day of it, bbq for the kids etc.

Great pork sausage recipe here;

Welsh Wizard's Pork and Apple

1 kg pork
    40 gm Dried Apple
    10 gm salt
    2 gm pepper
    70 gm rusk
    70 gms concentrated apple juice
    Herbs from the garden

Reduce the juice by 50% by simmering, soak dried apples for an hour to reconstitute. Mix with ground pork, herbs, seasoning and rusk. Adjust juice content to achieve consistency.

#2102 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

sounds good. I wish the wife could have apple. with her diet, it's the reason why I am making my own now.

You can use any dried fruit, i like them a lot with dried mango and bourbon.

This is the best resource on the net i've found. Nearly all of Les's recipes make sense, and the few mistakes show.

http://lpoli.50webs.com/

http://lpoli.50webs.com/Sausage%20recipes.htm#FRESH

This one is second best bit more involved, but mostly just calculator work.;

Polly Perkins Cumberland Style Sausage.

78.4 % - 784g Pork Shoulder
    21.6 % - 216g Fat Bellys

705gms pork shoulder
    195 gms fat pork belly
    45 gms rusk
    45 gms water
    28 gms spice mix
    1½ gms chopped fresh parsley (= 1½ tsp)

----200 gms Seasoning----
    105 g Salt
    2 teaspoon dextrose
    4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    4 teaspoon ground white pepper
    1/4 teaspoon cayenne
    5 teaspoon ground coriander
    4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    2 teaspoon ground mace
    4 tablespoon rubbed sage
    1 1/2 tablespoon dried thyme
    9 gms parsley; finely chopped

Of Meat
    10 % - 100g Iced Water
    10 % - 100g Breadcrumb
    0.8 % - 8g Phosphate
    2.9 % - 29g Seasoning

For 10Kg total sausage you will need:

Polly Perkins Cumberland Style Sausage.

78.4 % = 6338g Pork Shoulder
    21.6 % = 1746g Fat Bellys
    Total Meat = 8084g
    Of Meat
    10 % = 808g Iced Water
    10 % = 808g Breadcrumb
    0.8 % = 65g Phosphate
    2.9 % - 234g Seasoning

#2104 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

sounds pretty good. surprised have to add more fat to the pork shoulder. the shoulder I used had a nice fat cap on it making it nice and juicy.

Just do it by eye or rough weights. You want tween 20-30% fat.

#2106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

The little girl in the first picture looks thrilled!

She'd been practicing being a teen by copying her sister that's sitting next to her there.

Too young for cynical boredom, but kids will mimic what they think is cool.

#2113 2 years ago

Always been interested in cheese as it's a logical fermentation extension for me. Trouble being i don't eat it except on pizza.

#2115 2 years ago

You can make bulk sausage to start too. Don't have to have a stuffer, just a mincer and some scales.

#2116 2 years ago

Prawn cutlet day. Took a couple hours but ended up with 96 prawn cutlets to freeze for $85. Local headless green kings are great value and really good prawns. Dirty tempura and then panko with shredded coconut.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

LifeOnTheCoastPunkin

#2119 2 years ago

Fish and chips.

DSCF9613[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9613[1] (resized).jpg

#2122 2 years ago

Chicken and chips

DSCF9615[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9615[1] (resized).jpg

#2124 2 years ago

Got brownie mix on my shopping list. Not making the Fally Downy vannilla cake anymore. Has 250gms of butter instead of the 130 gms in the brownies.

Much too strong, although great sleeps.

You using trim or heads?

#2126 2 years ago

Same way i do it but i use all bush heads from the farmer. They are a sometimes thing for me as i don't like to drive the next day. I use packet brownies but the Fally Downy cake was scratch.

#2131 2 years ago

Dirk inspired me. Green butter brownies.

DSCF9644[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9644[1] (resized).jpg

#2133 2 years ago

That's more food than i eat all day. Looks bloody good though.

#2134 2 years ago

DSCF9645[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9645[1] (resized).jpg

28 serves.

DSCF9646[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9646[1] (resized).jpg

#2140 2 years ago

Looks like a tasty, well balanced meal to me.

I mostly eat deep fried, processed shit. Even though i can cook very well.

#2145 2 years ago

Making it up as i go along, but no bake cooking.

NutriGrain cereal smashed, melted marshmallow with orange chocolate butter and maple syrup, salted caramel flavouring, pop rocks etc.

DSCF9672[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9672[1] (resized).jpg

It's in the fridge setting, more pics to come.

#2148 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like diabetes in a bowl. Lol

Cured my diabetes with diet and exercise.

It's all about portion control ask anyone who's nearly drowned. Everything is good for you in small enough doses. Too much of anything will kill you.

DSCF9673[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9673[1] (resized).jpg

#2153 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Cooked up the other walleye today. Used a Guy Fieri tequila lime marinade recipe. Was ok. Dont think the garlic was needed. Prefer the one I made last week with tequila lime and siracha.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Try some Nummus next time you have some fresh white fish. It's a cured fish salad similar to ceviche.

Nummus;
    500g of white fish fillets, cut into small cubes.
    White vinegar
    1/4 to 1/2 a cup of lime or lemon juice
    1 tbsp salt
    1tbsp sugar
    5 cloves of garlic
    5 tsp fresh ginger freshly chopped
    fresh chillies, chopped (as many as you like!)
    1 large onion, sliced

Place the fish in a mixing bowl and pour about half a cup of vinegar over it.
    Gently knead the fish until it starts to "cook"; adding more vinegar if necessary.
    After a couple of minutes add half the lime of lemon juice and continue to knead for another minute.
    Add the salt and continue to knead until fish feels cooked (a minute or two should be enough).
    Add sugar, chilli, garlic, ginger, onion, and mix well.

numus-web-1170x785 (resized).jpgnumus-web-1170x785 (resized).jpg

#2156 2 years ago

Went for a run up the coast to have a look at a boat yesterday with a mate.

Stopped at a little co-op for lunch of fish, chips and bugs.

Brought home a feed of crabs and prawns for dinner too. Love the seafood fresh from the boats.

DSCF9702[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9702[1] (resized).jpg

#2161 2 years ago

Fish and Chips

fc17 (resized).jpgfc17 (resized).jpg

#2162 2 years ago

Maple syrup bacon, eggs and chips with toasted rye sourdough.

DSCF9726[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9726[1] (resized).jpg

#2171 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

It’s not Tuesday!!!!
    Every day is taco Tuesday!!!

Is so too!

1 week later
    #2174 2 years ago

Crab cakes.

DSCF9807[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9807[1] (resized).jpg

#2177 2 years ago

Crab cakes were truly bad, texture wise.

DSCF9810[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9810[1] (resized).jpg

#2180 2 years ago

Want soft boiled eggs. Can't find a fucking egg cup.

DSCF9812[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9812[1] (resized).jpg

#2186 2 years ago

Prawn sannich.

DSCF9831[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9831[1] (resized).jpg

#2189 2 years ago

Toast

DSCF9832[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9832[1] (resized).jpg

#2194 2 years ago

Lamb chops and beans.

DSCF9833[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9833[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2203 2 years ago

Fish and chips

DSCF9860[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9860[1] (resized).jpg

#2206 2 years ago

Fish and chips.

DSCF9867[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9867[1] (resized).jpg

#2209 2 years ago

Had a bunch of left over pork shoulder in the freezer, so started a mess of Char Sui.

First dish will be pork in plum sauce with fried rice.

DSCF9878[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9878[1] (resized).jpg

#2210 2 years ago

As promised.

DSCF9881[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9881[1] (resized).jpg

#2217 2 years ago

Sort of....The do look great though.

chickenbombs1 (resized).jpgchickenbombs1 (resized).jpg

If you roll the chicken back to the big end of the drummie, you can remove the bone. Then stuff with jalepeno/creamcheese and wrap in bacon, dust with pork rub.

It's the bomb.

#2218 2 years ago

Salt and pepper prawn sannich.

DSCF9891[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9891[1] (resized).jpg

Fillet of fish thread is creeping into my everyday life.

#2222 2 years ago

Fish and chips

DSCF9914[1] (resized).jpgDSCF9914[1] (resized).jpg

#2225 2 years ago

Will you send me one of those please?

#2227 2 years ago

All good, got sick of waiting so i had curried beans on toast.

#2229 2 years ago

Will do, it's beef in black bean tonight.

1 week later
    #2233 2 years ago

Was trying for a vegetable free fish and chips, but failed miserably.

Black pepper corns
    sechuan peppercorns
    dried chili
    lemon
    wheat in the flour
    corn in the cornflour that's holding the crumbs on
    gherkins
    capers
    vegetable oil from canola grain

9 vegetables and only 2 types of meat.

DSCF0003[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0003[1] (resized).jpg

CompleteFailurePunkin

1 week later
    #2241 2 years ago

Satay fish and chips.

fc18 (resized).jpgfc18 (resized).jpg

And stoners dessert. Ice cream, maple syrup and magic brownie.

DSCF0064[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0064[1] (resized).jpg

#2245 2 years ago

Bacon sannich and breakfast beers. Life's good.

DSCF0073[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0073[1] (resized).jpg

#2247 2 years ago
    Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Never too early for beers

9 o'clock the bar is open here at mine. Pubs round here open earlier than that, it's a drinkers lifestyle on the coast here. People work 'Woopi Hours'.

At the pub by smoko.

#2249 2 years ago

Yeah, i'm down to mid strength (3.5%) beers nowadays after many years of being a high functioning alcoholic.

Don't usually have a beer till i get back from the post office at 9.30 or 10am, but i don't stop till i go to bed of an evening.

Slow and steady wins the race, I'm an endurance drinker. Can't be beaten over a week so far.

#2250 2 years ago

Short soup.

DSCF0082[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0082[1] (resized).jpg

#2257 2 years ago

Sausage sannnich. let my mate buy the bread so it's plain white.

DSCF0101[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0101[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF0102[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0102[1] (resized).jpg

#2258 2 years ago

Went and spent $65 at the seafood store. We don't often see Coral trout this far south, so splurged.

Hopefully i don't forget to take pics, but for veracity's sake, this time, i'll leave this here.

DSCF0106[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0106[1] (resized).jpg

#2260 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

that fish looks sad

He had a fillet knife in his guts 10 mins ago. That'll fuck your day.

#2261 2 years ago

Sorry guys, i got stoned and i missed it.

This was the last time i thought of you guys. No wonder i don't have an instagram account.

DSCF0112[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0112[1] (resized).jpg

#2263 2 years ago

DSCF0120[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0120[1] (resized).jpg

#2264 2 years ago

Cambodian chicken.

DSCF0122[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0122[1] (resized).jpg

#2266 2 years ago

No one asked why i called it Cambodian Chicken.......

The answer is in the photo.

#2268 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Don’t know the answer but it looks delicious!

All but two of the chickens were double amputees. That's how they came from the supermarket. My own honey soy is better, but they were cheaper buying them already done. At least i know if i buy whole wings and part them my self i'll get more that 25% of the two bone joints i prefer.

And thanks for the toast upvote Johnny. I knew it was you but clicked to see anyway.

#2270 2 years ago

Fish and chips.

DSCF0147[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0147[1] (resized).jpg

#2271 2 years ago

Fish and chips.

DSCF0153[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0153[1] (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #2276 2 years ago

I always made Punkin's Muck at xmas when i had my family around. We'd go through bottle after bottle. Perfect breakfast drink, quick and easy to make.
    Everyone who has ever tried it has made it a firm xmas favourite.

https://www.stilldragon.org/discussion/37/punkins-muck-baileys

Whip 3 farm eggs till fluffy.

Keep beating with the mixer as you add...

Add 2 cups scotch , rum, bourbon(or other 40%)

1 can sweetened condensed milk, (400ml)

about the same of thick cream

1 tablespoon of chocolate topping

1 teaspoon of good vannilla extract (vannilla bean paste is a standout).

Refrigerate.

Shake before pouring over ice...

c27de93248aeddf5086ae0d42a881f (resized).jpgc27de93248aeddf5086ae0d42a881f (resized).jpg

Please try it and share with your family. Girls like it with a bit of milk, but i like it by itself.

#2278 2 years ago

It'll become a tradition for sure. Your wife will have you making another bottle every day.

2 weeks later
    #2280 2 years ago

Waiting for Focaccia. (great band name)

DSCF0341[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0341[1] (resized).jpg

#2281 2 years ago

Waiting not much longer.
    Every few years i revisit my bread failures.

Last week was irish soda bread. As heavy as a bag of cement.
    This week is foccacia.

Just can't get bread, spent so much time on it but always dense.

DSCF0342[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0342[1] (resized).jpg

#2283 2 years ago
    Quoted from RVH:

Maybe try making it more often to develop you’re techniques. Like once a week until you become more happy with the results. and take some notes to think on for next time. I did that last year for my pizza dough and i improved quite a bit.
    I have not made Focaccia myself but in baking I find using a digital scale and going over notes I make using the ingredients I’m using and the equipment I have helps to get to a better and more consistent result.
    I recently found a great baking channel on YouTube called
    Chain baker.
    He has a 3 hour Focaccia video.
    Looks like some sticky dough!
    Keep trying, fresh bread is awesome!

Yeah, i go through periods where i bake a few times a week for months.

The Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day book was a long experiment of slow fridge rising etc.

Just some skills i don't have. Can't sharpen knives freehand either, give my Lansky setup and i'm fine, but a whetstone and i'm fucked.

I'll keep going for a few months, i can do pizza dough, pasta, noodles and ravioli ect, just getting the bread to rise is the thig i can't do.

#2284 2 years ago

Green butter brownies from scratch. Walnuts and salted caramel.

DSCF0374[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0374[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF0377[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0377[1] (resized).jpg

#2285 2 years ago

He he...a month of Fundays.

DSCF0379[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0379[1] (resized).jpg
    #2287 2 years ago

DSCF0380[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0380[1] (resized).jpg

Chinese combination soup. Pork and prawn dumplings, egg noodles, shitake, black fungus, chicken, turkey and scallops.

#2288 2 years ago

Chicken, bacon and scallops, satay sauce base.

DSCF0404[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0404[1] (resized).jpg

#2290 2 years ago
    Quoted from Bax1:

interesting combo for a pizza

Like satay on a pizza and the rest was just what i had in the freezer.

1 week later
    #2295 2 years ago

Noodle soup again

DSCF0461[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0461[1] (resized).jpg

#2297 2 years ago

Scallops in black beans, ginger and lime with a mushroom medley and jasmine rice.

Dumped drunkenly into a bowl.

DSCF0491[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0491[1] (resized).jpg

#2300 2 years ago

Tempura Prawns with Szechuan salt.

DSCF0507[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0507[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2306 2 years ago

Sechuan spiced nuts with honey and maple syrup.

123 (resized).jpg123 (resized).jpg

#2308 2 years ago

Pretty flash effort, well done!

#2311 2 years ago

Not unless you put sprinkles on it.

#2312 2 years ago

Scallops in bacon with oyster sauce.

DSCF0574[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0574[1] (resized).jpg

#2314 2 years ago

I buy the frozen farmed China product. $30 a kilo here if you know the right connection. Cheaper than steak.

#2316 2 years ago

Fish and Chips.

Cooked to serve later when i'll be too stoned to play with fire. Not ideal, but life is full of compromises.

DSCF0585[2] (resized).jpgDSCF0585[2] (resized).jpg

DSCF0588[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0588[1] (resized).jpg

#2319 2 years ago

Magic butter?

#2322 2 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

Soup yourself, but v-day dinner is going to be one filet plus some scallops, so probably under $25 total for the surf & turf portion of the meal.

Yeah it's used as a highlight. Even when it's the main ingredient, you are not eating as many as you can, it's a treat.

I have a bad habit of costing everything i cook. I can make a chicken pie for a couple dollars a kilo, so if i want to spend $30kg on something sometimes it all balances out.

But each to his own.

#2324 2 years ago

I love homemade nuggets. never seen a kid knock one back either.

The chicken 'tender' (eye fillet) is a great cut, cheaper here than breasts and twice as good.
    The best bit of chicken by far to make fillets from is drumsticks, cheap, moist and tasty. Bit of work, but really good.

i use tenders exclusively for mini ham and chicken rolls nowadays.
    Now, that's good food.

https://www.food.com/recipe/ham-and-chicken-rolls-137139

#2326 2 years ago

Teriyaki bacon sanga's. Cause no-one said not to.

DSCF0609[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0609[1] (resized).jpg

#2327 2 years ago

Never had a better bacon sandwich.

DSCF0611[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0611[1] (resized).jpg

#2330 2 years ago

Short soup.

DSCF0645[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0645[1] (resized).jpg

#2334 2 years ago

Who gives a fuck what other people have on their pizza?

You make what you want.

#2335 2 years ago

Fish and chips. Followed by three hotties.

DSCF0671[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0671[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF0669[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0669[1] (resized).jpg

#2336 2 years ago

Char Sui Bao.
    Unfortunately (for me) i didn't make the buns, although i did make the Char Sui sauce.

DSCF0687[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0687[1] (resized).jpg

#2340 2 years ago

You're eating soup with a fork? Can't really be called soup then can it?

Looks tasty in any case.

#2343 2 years ago

Satay Bao.

DSCF0726[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0726[1] (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #2351 2 years ago

Fish and chips

DSCF0854[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0854[1] (resized).jpg

#2352 2 years ago

Left over lobster with scrambled eggs.

DSCF0857[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0857[1] (resized).jpg

#2353 2 years ago

$100 worth of prawns destined for panko/coconut.

DSCF0870[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0870[1] (resized).jpg

#2354 2 years ago

Fish and chips.

DSCF0877[1] (resized).jpgDSCF0877[1] (resized).jpg

#2356 2 years ago

These were local, fresh large size headless green king prawns. Got 66 animals in 2.2kg at $94. So yeah, U15's ~419lb. edit, these were headless, so drop 40% of thew weight you are not paying for. Costed out they were $1.50 each.

I don't eat steak once every two years even now, but last time i bought a good rib eye with the handle on was 4 years ago? $35 a kilo odd.

A dry aged whole T bone was in the butchers the other day for $85kg ($38lb) but it was custom ordered meat aged for months from the right steers.

Bear in mind that 5 years ago i was inland where beef, chicken and pigs are king. I'm now less than 1/2mile from the beach where the seafood is cheap and fresh.

Here I eat fish, but i always used to process whole pigs to sausage, bacon, hams and salami's etc when i lived where it was good and cheap.

FuckJohhny'sQuickpunkin

#2358 2 years ago

I have had a sheet hanging over my television for years now.

That sort of stuff was not what i watched 5 years ago when i did indulge. Mostly sports and movies.

1 month later
    #2363 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Sorry for beeing scandinavian, but that looks like a lobsterburger? Looks damn good.

A burger has a patty.

#2365 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

Aah, I see. Around here were not so specific. If it has a top and bottom bun its a burger.

So a peanut butter roll is a burger there? Didn't know that.

#2367 1 year ago

OK, rollmops on a bun? Burger or roll?

Putting it into a roll or bun. I think in the US it's bun, but here it's bread roll.
    If it has a patty it's a burger, if it's between slices of bread it's a sandwich.

The guys from the US call a fillet O fish a sandwich, here it's a fish burger as it has a patty and it's on a roll.

A hamburger with no meat is a salad roll.

Terminology different across the world, i find it interesting.

#2372 1 year ago

Whole lobbies cooked here are $25 ea. Tails are $9 for little ones (good buying).

Frozen farmed or small wild caught rubbish.

I can go out the headlands here with a snorkel and get 3 types of cray, oysters, abalone etc off the rocks.

2 weeks later
    #2378 1 year ago

Steak sandwich recipe? Whodda thunk it?

#2380 1 year ago

Bickies. Yellow butter today, just want the sugar.

DSCF1149[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1149[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #2383 1 year ago

I made jerky as a hobby and paid for mine for years by sending it all over Australia.

jerky4 (resized).jpgjerky4 (resized).jpg

jerky5 (resized).jpgjerky5 (resized).jpg

#2389 1 year ago

Too long since i lit the charcoal.

DSCF1185[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1185[1] (resized).jpg

#2392 1 year ago
    Quoted from mtn-:

punkin & Shredso - What kinda spices you use for your jerky? And what cuts? What about brine?

Terryaki sauce is the base flavour and you can add from there.

You can do jerky without using sodium nitrite, but it's risky. If you are only consuming it yourself and not offering to other people then salt itself can do, but cure #1 is what you want.

The fat will not cure. so meat has to be trimmed of all fat. The best cut to do that on a cow is what is known here as cap off topside. It comes from just below the rump. Smoke below 70 degrees for an hour then no more smoke, just drying.

Base recipe;

3/4 cup terryaki sauce
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    3 tsp black pepper crushed
    1/4 worchestershire sauce
    1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
    cure mixed with 1 cup water.

and some other non shary stuff

This does 5kg of topside. Marinade 2 days in a bag in the fridge.

jerky2 (resized).jpgjerky2 (resized).jpg

jerky6 (resized).jpgjerky6 (resized).jpg

#2393 1 year ago

Seeing as you are posting burger shots, here is a bonus recipe for the best burgers you'll ever make. A purist would leave the onion out, but i think it adds well.

Oddleys Bonza Burgers

1 kg Chuck Steak Minced on 4.5 mm Plate

Of meat
    30 gm 3 % Breadcrumbs
    100gm 10 % Finely chopped onion
    15.4gm 1.54 % Spice Mix

Spice mix
    30 g - 30 parts salt
    4 g - 4 parts black pepper
    2 g - 2 parts Sweet smoked paprika
    2 g - 2 part onion salt
    1 g - 1 part cumin seed powder

Method
    Mince cold chuck steak (only as it gives the burger just the right taste) through the 4.5mm plate of a mincer, then add spice mix and knead thoroughly, until slightly sticky. Add onion and mix add breadcrumb and mix. Shape into 4 - 5 oz burgers, and use or freeze.

#2395 1 year ago

One of my drinking buddies has a mate who owns a trawler here.

5kg (11lb) of headless large green kings about to become prawn cutlets. Fresh off the boat last night and a couple of mates are coming round shortly to form a production line.
    $25 a kilo (plus his petrol money, so $30), should work out to $1 each or so i think, but i'll cost it.

Big prawns.

prawn2 (resized).jpgprawn2 (resized).jpg

#2397 1 year ago

Covid meant my production line was a line of one, but i managed it. Put 180 cutlets in the freezer, so packs of 6 large cutlets are costing in at a little over $5 a pack. Last time i did it with the same prawns from the seafood shop here it was 9 bucks a pack, so a handy mate.

5 months later
    #2413 1 year ago

Cooks follow lists of ingredients, not so much recipes.

It's a theme thing.

Balance.

BakingIsDifferentPunkin

2 months later
    #2416 1 year ago

Short soup. Gotta be my favourite soup.

DSCF2038[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2038[1] (resized).jpg

446 posts in this topic match your search for posts by punkin. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider punkin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quarantine-cooking-thread/page/2?tu=punkin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.