Quoted from Shredso:
I apologize if this is the 10th time I've posted ribs, it's a work in progress. I did 2 hours bare at 275 on the Traeger, then another hour wrapped in foil. They were at about 208F before saucing them, maybe a little overcooked? HowtoBBQRight recommended 202F IIRC. The bones pulled out easily and clean, but they weren't as tender as I would have liked. They were very thin compared to other ribs I've cooked. That is probably why they cooked so fast. I tried squishing them together before cooking, but there is only so much you can do. They were also a couple days past the recommended usage. That probably didn't help. I may try 250F next cook and keep a closer eye on them. Don't get me wrong, they were excellent. Just not quite perfect.
That seems like a really fast cook to me for ribs, but I can't tell from the picture how thin they are. Mine are typically 4 - 5 hours from start to finish. Here is how I do them.
1. Remove the membrane from the back and trim off the fat.
2. Lightly coat with mustard on both sides and then hit them with whatever rub you like to use.
3. Throw on "High Smoke" which on mine is about 200 - 210 degrees.
4. Baste them (just the top) every 30 minutes with a mixture of 1/2c apple juice, 1/4c olive oil, 1/4c garlic red wine vinegar and 1c of water. You can touch up the rub at this point too but I only do that on the top.
5. At the 2h mark, pull them and wrap.
6. I wrap in 2 layers of aluminum foil and coat both sides with brown sugar, honey and a nice shot of Parkay
7. Back on the smoker at 225, meat side down until they are done. You'll see the pull back on the bones and if you grab two adjacent bones and twist them, they should almost pull apart. This is normally around the 200 - 204 degree mark. I just do it by feel now and don't bother to temp them. Mine typically need about 90 - 2h to finish once wrapped.
8. Unwrap them and throw them back on the smoker at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes to dry out a little
9. Brush them with sauce 2 times about 10 minutes apart
IMG_8109 - Copy (2) (resized).jpg