(Topic ID: 19106)

Quality restorations ? Lots of bad stuff out there guys !

By McCune

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

eleanorshoot008.jpg
    eleanorshoot002.jpg
    zP0000005.jpg
    shelflayout_021.JPG
    shelflayout_019.JPG
    shelflayout_007.JPG
    shelflayout_001.JPG
    CIMG7810.JPG
    CIMG7807.JPG
    CIMG7806.JPG
    IMG_3031.JPG
    IMG_3030.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3027.JPG
    IMG_3026.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThunderhorseCNC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 11 years ago

i'm new.. but this sort of stuff crosses over into the arcade stuff too. Restored is used pretty losely lol. Not to beep my own horn, but i'm probably one of the best arcade restorers out there right now. I am looking forward to doing some pin restoration work soon. I'll start my own thread and show off a few things, don't want to derail the OP's original post!

#12 11 years ago

I absolutely agree with jimjim66 on that. it's not like you can go buy silkscreened new everything these days. and personally, i'd rather pay for the mint reliable machine.

#14 11 years ago

i have tried 3 times to upload a few pics of my work, and i get page cannot be displayed, you must add some content first, and IE locked up once. this is how my entire day went lol

#16 11 years ago

figured out i had to resize these! This was an Atari Paperboy machine that had 6 corners knocked off, and 4 other panels that were rough. I took the game sides off one at a time and replaced them. The art is solvent jet printed and cleared. Control panel overlays are silkscreened.

shelflayout_001.JPGshelflayout_001.JPG shelflayout_007.JPGshelflayout_007.JPG shelflayout_019.JPGshelflayout_019.JPG shelflayout_021.JPGshelflayout_021.JPG

#17 11 years ago

Funny you mention cars. I used to restore cars too. I had a 67 mustang coupe that was all but rotted to the ground, and a tree had fallen on it. I turned it into a Fastback that looked like the gone in 60 seconds eleanor car and sold it for 45K and there was only about 15% of the car that was left that was original ford!

zP0000005.jpgzP0000005.jpg eleanorshoot002.jpgeleanorshoot002.jpg eleanorshoot008.jpgeleanorshoot008.jpg

#21 11 years ago

no, i've never owned an Xmen machine. i pretty much stick to the 79 - 83 era. Paperboy was an exception, took it in trade. Some games are very hard to restore due to lack of artwork/parts. I have a few games i've slowly collected parts for years, and still not quite there. I am anxious to restore my black widow to sell, but all i can find is a solvent jet printed Cpo, normally i don't mind that if done right, but it's predominantly black, and that just never looks right. I also need a marquee and they are rarely in good condition. Two on ebay last week, both in terrible shape. I currently have about 30 - 35 machines to restore and sell, and 5 i think i'll hang onto.

I have a babypac that i'm going to restore and heavily document, it should impress anyone. I'm going to reproduce the playfield, the plastics, rechrome everything, new cabinet, etc.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ThunderhorseCNC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quality-restorations-lots-of-bad-stuff-out-there-guys?tu=ThunderhorseCNC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.