You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think this quality is adequate for a $200 item ?”

• Yes, I would happily buy one 22 votes
    34%
  • No, I would rather have a flawed original one 17 votes
    26%
  • Maybe, but only if the original backglass was really badly damaged or missing 26 votes
    40%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshots_2015-09-30-08-31-03.png
torches-and-pitchforks.jpg
fathomcpr.jpg
fathom_bg.jpg
IMG-20140515-00322.jpg
DSC_9143.jpg
DSC_9141.jpg
DSC_9142.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 8 years ago

My first repro glass purchased from CPR was Joker Poker and it is indeed gorgeous. I was expecting everything after it to be just as good and have been disappointed every time since. I have also purchased Medusa, Paragon, and Space Shuttle. The first two were dark (over saturated) and lacked definition. I understand now why (due to process/original source material) they turned out that way. However, Space Shuttle was so bad in terms of being over saturated with blue that I sent it back (at my expense, of course). How did that happen? Or was mine unique?

Re-runs that fix previous issues are great, but don't do much for those who trusted and invested up front only to end up disappointed upon opening their box. Is there any thought on offering re-runs at a discount to verified purchasers of the first run? I know these aren't massive profit makers for CPR, but spending close to $500 to get one glass that DOES meet expectations is tough to swallow. Obviously, I don't expect a discount for previous buyers to be taken seriously. It would just be a true demonstration of outstanding customer service.

Explanations like, "we used the wrong squeegee" certainly make one wonder what kind of QC is done before shipping out an item that is anything but inexpensive. Was there not any production testing done with the "wrong size" squeegee before people's checks were cashed?

I would not say that I won't buy another CPR backglass. On the contrary, I hope that they produce many more and that they will be ones that fit in my collection. However, now I will only purchase them after being able to hear others' feedback about a particular glass. I would love to be able to say, "Wow! A new CPR offering, let me order that NOW before it sells out!" Unfortunately, I do not have that level of confidence any more.

If CPR has resolved all of the production issues witnessed in previous offerings, then it is very good news for all of us! For everything they have done for this community, I am certainly willing to give them another chance.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

WOW, $500 for a CPR Backglass? the most we have ever charged is like $239 ( about Half of what you said you paid ) so I have to assume that you bought it off the Secondary Market at a Very Inflated Price.......

Stu: $239 for the first one + $239 for the corrected one + shipping from Canada = around $500.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

WOW, $500 for a CPR Backglass? the most we have ever charged is like $239 ( about Half of what you said you paid ) so I have to assume that you bought it off the Secondary Market at a Very Inflated Price.......

It had nothing to do with " QC "...It was a Learning Curve for CMYK Process Printing. Previously to these titles mentioned the only CMYK Backglass that had been done was Haunted House in 2005 and back then CPR didn't have the scrutiny that we do now. Kevin is very anal abut QC and we are striving to make it better as we go along.

A reasonable QC process means running your operational/manufacturing process from start to end. At the end, you measure the final product against a quality standard (in this case, the source art/glass). That QC process and subsequent inspection will reveal any significant variances from the original (color variations/vertical lines/significant loss of detail). If the final product being marketed as a reproduction is significantly different from the original, those variances should be clearly called out to the customer prior to selling the product in the event that the manufacturing process cannot be changed to eliminate/reduce the variances. A robust QC process, will in fact help the manufacturer along that "learning curve" you mentioned to ensure that nothing is sold that does not meet standard.

Again, please don't misinterpret my feedback as a loyal customer as mud-slinging. I want for CPR to succeed and thrive. We need you guys! We simply want you to do it as well as it can possibly be done and not be surprised (in a bad way) when that beloved glass finally makes it to us. Personally, I am excited to hear the issues of the past have been resolved and look forward to future offerings from you guys!

Quoted from Stu:

You bought 1, didn't like it, so you bought a 2nd one without returning the first one for a Full Refund? Why would you do that? We will take back any CPR product that you purchase directly from us with a Full Refund. Just trying to get the Whole Story Here.....
>Stu: $239 for the first one + $239 for the corrected one + shipping from Canada = around $500.

I have never purchased two of the same glass from CPR. My $500 remark was directed towards my original purchase of a $239 glass and a future purchase of another corrected glass if I decided to invest in a re-run. That would mean I have then invested over $500 to get the one glass I hoped to get the FIRST time I bought it. But, it sounds like that won't be a decision I have to make any time soon, because you have plenty of "first run" items in the queue - more fantastic news, sir!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xeneize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quality-of-cpr-backglasses?tu=xeneize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.