You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think this quality is adequate for a $200 item ?”

• Yes, I would happily buy one 22 votes
    34%
  • No, I would rather have a flawed original one 17 votes
    26%
  • Maybe, but only if the original backglass was really badly damaged or missing 26 votes
    40%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshots_2015-09-30-08-31-03.png
torches-and-pitchforks.jpg
fathomcpr.jpg
fathom_bg.jpg
IMG-20140515-00322.jpg
DSC_9143.jpg
DSC_9141.jpg
DSC_9142.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 8 years ago

Ok, a few explanations here:

1. Fathom: We didn't do the Artwork for this glass, we borrowed the Reproduction Dilms from Phoenix Arcade ( Darin ) which were actually done by a photographer. A Hi-Res photo was taken and Film Separations were made directly from the Photograph.

1B. Fathom: As for the "lines", this was an unfortunate hiccup in the screening process. Kevin was using a squeegee that was not wide enough for the entire glass width so he ended up having to make 2 passes on it. This has since been resolved. Now all glasses are done with a Single Pass of the squeegee.

2. Medusa / Flash Gordon / Paragon / Star Trek: Unfortunately all of these glasses were done under the 'old' production method that Kevin was using. Most of these glasses ended up with a heavy saturation due to many factors. We have since resolved all issues for CMYK "process" glass projects and have been extremely happy with the results ( ie: Elvira & the Party Monsters Backglass )

Note: We have resolved all the issues with the CMYK Process for silk-screening and all future projects will be done under this new process. We are looking to do Re-Runs of the titles listed above with the Production Process......

Stu
CPR Art Director

#26 8 years ago

As I mentioned in my posting:

Quoted from Stu:

We are looking to do Re-Runs of the titles listed above with the Production Process......

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any chance of a Medusa re-run to fix the problem?

These titles and about 20 others are on our list of projects to do, however, Keving does the scheduling not me, so at this point I have no idea of when any of these will get re-run.....

Quoted from meSz:

Any idea as to when you might start to re-run said glasses?

#30 8 years ago

I'll take the Firepower & Flight 2000 under advisement....it will most likely be some time for these as we still have a lot of others in front of them, but I'll make note of it.....

#33 8 years ago

WOW, $500 for a CPR Backglass? the most we have ever charged is like $239 ( about Half of what you said you paid ) so I have to assume that you bought it off the Secondary Market at a Very Inflated Price.......

Quoted from xeneize:

but spending close to $500 to get one glass

It had nothing to do with " QC "...It was a Learning Curve for CMYK Process Printing. Previously to these titles mentioned the only CMYK Backglass that had been done was Haunted House in 2005 and back then CPR didn't have the scrutiny that we do now. Kevin is very anal abut QC and we are striving to make it better as we go along.

Quoted from xeneize:

Explanations like, "we used the wrong squeegee" certainly make one wonder what kind of QC is done before shipping out an item that is anything but inexpensive. Was there not any production testing done with the "wrong size" squeegee before people's checks were cashed?

#35 8 years ago

You bought 1, didn't like it, so you bought a 2nd one without returning the first one for a Full Refund? Why would you do that? We will take back any CPR product that you purchase directly from us with a Full Refund. Just trying to get the Whole Story Here.....

>Stu: $239 for the first one + $239 for the corrected one + shipping from Canada = around $500.

#38 8 years ago

Greg, I told Mark & Jim 2 years ago that CPR was no longer going to provide FREE Playfields, FREE Backglasses, and FREE Plastics as Door Prizes. The reason for this was the Lack of Support from the APPL in Purchasing CPR Products throughout the years. We know how many purchases had been made since "I" instituded the Door Prize Give-Away, and I can you this, we (CPR) gave away more than $25,000 in Door Prizes for FREE, with very little support in return. The whole idea of Sponsoring is to get it back in sales > which we Never did, Not Even Close.....So you should really get the Correct Story FIRST before you say something like " They kind of fucked over my pinball league by yanking their yearly sponsorship over one of the CPR guys being butt-hurt"......I quit the APPL because of Bad Politics and people starting Rumors like the one you just did...

Quoted from pinlawyer:

They kind of f***ed over my pinball league by yanking their yearly sponsorship over one of the CPR guys being butt-hurt, so I'm not thrilled with them at present.

#40 8 years ago

And we did just that > "At That Time"....and we LEARNED From It & Have Fixed it.....

Quoted from xeneize:

We simply want you to do it as well as it can possibly be don

#42 8 years ago

And you have been Lied to.....Kevin Supports My Decision and Agrees with it....

In fact, as a consolation to abrupt stop I even offered to provide Backglasses & Plastics for the 2015 Season and JIM REFUSED To Accept Any of the product > I have the Emails to Prove it.....Face it, you have been Lied to....

Quoted from pinlawyer:

I've been told a vastly different story, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

#43 8 years ago

Just who are you trying to lie to now! We have given away over 45 Sets of Plastics, more than 18 Backglasses, and 5 Playfields....as well as Numerous "extra" stuff to the APPL Membership like the products I gave away at Donnie's Relief Pinball Event. You are trying to "publically" make CPR look bad when all we did was give away FREE Pinball Products > Get A Life!

Ungrateful People....

Quoted from pinlawyer:

6 years of APPL=6 playfields, 6 backglasses and 6 plastic sets. $25,000?!

#49 8 years ago

I could be wrong here but I tend to disagree with this....The first run we did of Firepower BG took us over 2 months to sell out & we only ran 125 of them.....Not that I'm saying we shouldn't do a re-run, we should, but we need the demand to go up to atleast 100 before we do it, otherwise we have all that financial expenses sitting on a shelf waiting to be sold for months & months when we could have used that capitol to make something else that wouldn't be sitting on a shelf waiting, like a "first run" title.......

Quoted from metallik:

I bet you'd sell out a run of 500 firepowers before the first ink ever hit glass.

#52 8 years ago

Not necessay for a new thread of cheerleading for this project as you would be simply getting peoples hopes up on a project that wont happen for some time.

#55 8 years ago

Regarding Scratching: We have also recently ( about a year ago ) switched Inks and once cured ( via UV Lighting in our production process ) the ink is Much Much tougher to scratch.

#78 8 years ago

Actually, we have had the Paragon & Space Invaders Playfields on the Pre-Order since November 25, 2014

Quoted from meSz:

Paragon playfield is on the CPR site now!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stu.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/quality-of-cpr-backglasses?tu=stu and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.