You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Do you think this quality is adequate for a $200 item ?”

• Yes, I would happily buy one 22 votes
    34%
  • No, I would rather have a flawed original one 17 votes
    27%
  • Maybe, but only if the original backglass was really badly damaged or missing 25 votes
    39%

(64 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshots_2015-09-30-08-31-03.png
torches-and-pitchforks.jpg
fathomcpr.jpg
fathom_bg.jpg
IMG-20140515-00322.jpg
DSC_9143.jpg
DSC_9141.jpg
DSC_9142.jpg

There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

There's gotta be 100 people who need a Firepower backglass... Time for a new thread.

#52 4 years ago

Not necessay for a new thread of cheerleading for this project as you would be simply getting peoples hopes up on a project that wont happen for some time.

#53 4 years ago

Nah, more like an interest gauging thread. No hope-propping statements from me, just that the glass could get made if enough people hop onboard. I won't preorder a pinball machine anymore but I'd preorder this glass. The sheer quantity of Firepower games out there helps make a rerun feasible....

#54 4 years ago

I don't know if they need to be cured better, or it it's just cause they are still so new, but the CPR glasses scratch very very easily compared to the original. My SBM glass I got from them, got all scratched up from just removing it carefully a couple times. Also the score displays rubbed against the glass very slightly in a couple places, and there are all these micro scratches. Fortunately almost all of the scratches are in the black area and I covered them with a couple little peices of electrical tape and now the glass in the machine when lit still looks perfect! Just a heads up to treat this ink very gently! Perhaps after a few months by the lights in the backbox it will harden up to be stronger like the originals. Otherwise you could clear seal them, but that can screw up the ink too, so it's better just to be really really careful! That being said I do appreciate CPR as most of there stuff is really spot on!

Tom

#55 4 years ago

Regarding Scratching: We have also recently ( about a year ago ) switched Inks and once cured ( via UV Lighting in our production process ) the ink is Much Much tougher to scratch.

#56 4 years ago

My EATPM backglass is gorgeous and I would definitely buy a CPR backglass again! The only issue with mine is it seems to be about 1mm too wide and won't fit in the backbox with the side trim on. I can't wait for my EATPM playfield to exist!

#57 4 years ago

I have a CPR Fathom backglass and would buy another 2 if they were done correctly. Unfortunately the backglass just doesn't match the beauty of their playfield.

The Earthshaker backglass that CPR done was just perfect.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

My EATPM backglass is gorgeous and I would definitely buy a CPR backglass again! The only issue with mine is it seems to be about 1mm too wide and won't fit in the backbox with the side trim on. I can't wait for my EATPM playfield to exist!

I had the same problem with my EATPM backglass, guess it wasn't just me.

#59 4 years ago

I was pretty disappointed with my BoP repro. I came to eventually accept it as just being 'different' rather than a proper reproduction or replacement. The colours are different which isn't an issue (the colours look much better than the original), my biggest problem was the detail that was lost. I've talked about it before, but there are entire sections of her nose that's just gone, as well as many other areas.

CPR are fantastic for doing what they do so I'm not complaining. Just voicing what others have said here that, if I were to consider another CPR back glass, I'd wait to hear feedback from other people before purchasing.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

Their FLash Gordon is just as bad. Flesh tones look like spray tan orange. Resolution is blurry. I took a $100 loss to sell it and found a mint original. It also had silk screen drag marks in it. Contacted CPR and was told it was the limitations of the silkscreen. The silverball mania is better I will say.

Funny - I just bought a "mint CPR Flash Gordon backglass" sight unseen for $125, because I figured "how bad could it be?". Really bad, as it turns out - I'll be lucky to sell it for $80. The actors all have a horrible magenta skin tone, not even close. I had to suck it up as a reminder to always, always ask for pics first.

I will say that CPR are pretty good about taking returns if you're not happy. I figured out that they had screwed up one of the colors on Space Mission, and sent it back for a full refund. I had to eat the shipping both ways, but it wasn't a total loss.

Shame about the backglasses, since their playfield work is very good.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Rerun or not, I bet you'd sell out a run of 500 firepowers before the first ink ever hit glass. I bet there's at least 500 people in the same boat as me (having bought a FP with crappy glass AFTER your run was over)

Hell, I just sold my FP a few weeks ago and I'd STILL buy an new backglass just to hang on the wall.

Having said that....I was going to buy a CPR Solar Fire BG for wall art recently, but in comparing it to photos of originals, it seems there are a number of artwork details missing in the lower left corner. Checked all the photos I could find of SF BG's and they all show the details there. I know you'll likely never be re-running these again, but just in case....check your color separations....just sayin'.

#62 4 years ago

I have a Bride of Pinbot and Solar Fire that are both just stunning. Glad to hear that they are constantly working on better quality along the way.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

These titles and about 20 others are on our list of projects to do, however, Keving does the scheduling not me, so at this point I have no idea of when any of these will get re-run.....

Great. I'll be all over Medusa when the run is made. Looking forward to it.

#64 4 years ago

I got a cpr EK back glass 6 weeks ago.we took the time to look this over and compare to our orig. glass. beautiful vivid colors.cant see how you could make any nicer.fit into place like a glove.thumbs up on this one.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I was pretty disappointed with my BoP repro. I came to eventually accept it as just being 'different' rather than a proper reproduction or replacement. The colours are different which isn't an issue (the colours look much better than the original), my biggest problem was the detail that was lost. I've talked about it before, but there are entire sections of her nose that's just gone, as well as many other areas.
CPR are fantastic for doing what they do so I'm not complaining. Just voicing what others have said here that, if I were to consider another CPR back glass, I'd wait to hear feedback from other people before purchasing.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed in the BOP backglass as well. It seemed like the colors were overexposed, so it looks kind of washed out. So, in a box it sits. I thought about sending it back, but with the cost of shipping being what it is...meh.

I've been happy with plastics I've bought, though.

#66 4 years ago

Count me in if a Fathom backglass gets redone properly as well. Like I've said before, I had one on order but cancelled after seeing it in person.

On another hand, I have to say the playfield is just gorgeous ! I had an Halifax pinball pf ready to swap into my game but I've been lucky enough to put my hands on one of the last 20 they did for a test run of the new cnc machine.

Can you tell which is which ? Thanks for your good work.

IMG-20140515-00322.jpg

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from Azatotht:

Can you tell which is which ?

New one on the left?
Seems higher contrast.
-mof

#68 4 years ago

Just looked on IPDB and that boat in the upper left corner is on the original FATHOM backglass too.

Maybe it's more pronounced in the CPR version?

Quoted from dothedoo:

There is also "blood" in the water surrounding the boat in the upper left corner that shouldn't be there.
It doesn't bother me personally, but I know it bothers people who are interested in doing correct restorations.

#69 4 years ago

I'm gonna say CPR on the right, but mostly because there is some black stuff on the upper right corner of the one on the left.

#70 4 years ago

It's CPR on the left. The inserts are darker and don't have the sanding drum lines that the Halifax version did on the one on the right. Although this looks like one of the better Halifax samples in that it's registration looks pretty spot on compared to most I've seen.

Dave (Doc)

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from DRDAVE:

Just looked on IPDB and that boat in the upper left corner is on the original FATHOM backglass too.
Maybe it's more pronounced in the CPR version?

Not the boat itself....the color of the water around the boat.

fathom_bg.jpgfathomcpr.jpg

#72 4 years ago

It really bugs me that CPR does such beautiful work on their playfields, but the backglasses are so poor. The diver's skin is BLUE in the picture above. Maybe artistic license - he's been out of oxygen for a few minutes?

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

but the backglasses are so poor.

As stated wayyy back this backglass was one of the older processes and NOT one that CPR designed, but a crappy source photo.

#74 4 years ago

Be nice if PPS dug up the original films for these, I know they have some of them from this era.

#75 4 years ago
Quoted from Patofnaud:

As stated wayyy back this backglass was one of the older processes and NOT one that CPR designed, but a crappy source photo.

Oops, sorry. I'm in for a Paragon backglass with the playfield, when that happens.

#76 4 years ago

Thank you CPR for all of your work. I see anomolies and such, but honestly, you are the industry leader in proper replacement parts, and the fact you are willing to refine your products magnifies the fact that you will be in business as long as you choose to be. Looking forward to all of you new products.

#77 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Oops, sorry. I'm in for a Paragon backglass with the playfield, when that happens.

Paragon playfield is on the CPR site now! The backglass was already done but maybe CPR will redo them!

#78 4 years ago

Actually, we have had the Paragon & Space Invaders Playfields on the Pre-Order since November 25, 2014

Quoted from meSz:

Paragon playfield is on the CPR site now!

#79 4 years ago

Yep, CPR on the left. Picture isn't the greatest but it really shines in person.

Colors are much nicer, blue/green inserts as well.

#80 4 years ago

No one is perfect. I have my quibbles with some CPR products myself. But you know what? Thank goodness they're here and doing what they do. The hobby would be soooooo much poorer without all their hard work.

#81 4 years ago

As much as I've bitched in this thread, I've still spent more on CPR stuff than all other parts/mods combined. And I'll continue to do so.

3 months later
#82 4 years ago

Hate to bump an old thread, but I got a kick out of this one. The Fathom backglass that was photographed for the early repro was my original. I have my original and one of the early repros. That said, if there's another run of Fathom backglasses better matched to the original, I'll buy one.

At the time this was done, well over 10 years ago, there was nothing better or even close. Doing this type of repro just wasn't perfected.

What's kinda sad is I have the first run Halifax playfield, bunch of rebuild parts from PBR, rebuilt MPU by Chris Munson and I STILL haven't started on it. I'm seriously planning on tackling it this fall.

#83 4 years ago

Would really like to see Eight Ball Deluxe re done.

#84 4 years ago

I have a defect that came from cpr. A hole In the art. No reply to email no offer for some touch up color nothing. Just one nice looking back glass with a bright shining hole In the art.

Sorry first and last cpr buy.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

I have a defect .. No reply to email.. no offer ... nothing....Sorry first and last cpr buy.

maybe their typical prompt and efficient reply is in your spam file, maybe you just thought you sent it but got the address wrong, maybe they had a bad day and missed one email in the thousands they no doubt get.. who can say?

On the other hand ...having a dummy spit about it? Posting negative feedback about them and refusing to buy again? ...that we can say about, well I am going to guess they wont be real sad to lose you.

consider playing nicer, they're good guys, and they're all we have...

#86 4 years ago

I wasnt thrilled by the fathom glass too, or the others from the period. We have to keep in mind tho a blue diver might not be perfect but its streets ahead of a cracked,peeling, tired old glass with a 4 inch wide chunk of ink missing where the diver used to be

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Regarding Scratching: We have also recently ( about a year ago ) switched Inks and once cured ( via UV Lighting in our production process ) the ink is Much Much tougher to scratch.

Good to know, thanks Stu!

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Funny - I just bought a "mint CPR Flash Gordon backglass" sight unseen for $125, because I figured "how bad could it be?". Really bad, as it turns out - I'll be lucky to sell it for $80. The actors all have a horrible magenta skin tone, not even close. I had to suck it up as a reminder to always, always ask for pics first.
I will say that CPR are pretty good about taking returns if you're not happy. I figured out that they had screwed up one of the colors on Space Mission, and sent it back for a full refund. I had to eat the shipping both ways, but it wasn't a total loss.
Shame about the backglasses, since their playfield work is very good.

I knew something was wrong with the Space Mission BG the moment I looked at it.
They never admitted it when I complained.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

maybe their typical prompt and efficient reply is in your spam file, maybe you just thought you sent it but got the address wrong, maybe they had a bad day and missed one email in the thousands they no doubt get.. who can say?
On the other hand ...having a dummy spit about it? Posting negative feedback about them and refusing to buy again? ...that we can say about, well I am going to guess they wont be real sad to lose you.
consider playing nicer, they're good guys, and they're all we have...

How is anything of my post a dummy spit or negative feedback??? Just stated my view of the quality of product and my experience. In no way am i putting them on blast over the issue like others who start a new topic in hopes to get others to fallow along.

How can i play nicer, seems email is standard for communication now days. Sent emails and photos but no respond or a simple sorry has me to wonder what quality of packing and QC they do. Screenshots_2015-09-30-08-31-03.png

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Great. I'll be all over Medusa when the run is made. Looking forward to it.

Just saw this today on Ebay...

ebay.com link » Bally 1981 Medusa Pinball Backglass

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

How can i play nicer, seems email is standard for communication now days. Sent emails and photos but no respond or a simple sorry has me to wonder what quality of packing and QC they do.

Given that you received it from Marco, you'd probably do better to start there, not CPR.

#92 4 years ago

Did and was directed to cpr as they pack the glass in the protection sleeve.

3 weeks later
#93 4 years ago

How is the quality of the CPR Target Alpha reproduction back glass? I was considering one for my newly acquired TA.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Greg, I told Mark & Jim 2 years ago that CPR was no longer going to provide FREE Playfields, FREE Backglasses, and FREE Plastics as Door Prizes. The reason for this was the Lack of Support from the APPL in Purchasing CPR Products throughout the years. We know how many purchases had been made since "I" instituded the Door Prize Give-Away, and I can you this, we (CPR) gave away more than $25,000 in Door Prizes for FREE, with very little support in return. The whole idea of Sponsoring is to get it back in sales > which we Never did, Not Even Close.....So you should really get the Correct Story FIRST before you say something like " They kind of fucked over my pinball league by yanking their yearly sponsorship over one of the CPR guys being butt-hurt"......I quit the APPL because of Bad Politics and people starting Rumors like the one you just did...

I think CPR realized that they could blow stuff out for more profit doing their eBay clearance than waiting for sales based on free schwag. I know that CPR sent some stuff years ago as prizes to one of our big tournaments. People who never saw CPR's stuff in person were super impressed with the quality of even a "blipped" item. There are a lot of people in our league that buy CPR products and I myself purchase a large amount every year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Lafayette, IN
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 159.00
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 94 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside