(Topic ID: 88191)

Q*bert's Quest Pinball : restore, game play, owners @!#%!

By retired_user_101

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by labnip
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 42 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_5161.JPG
IMG_5160.JPG
IMG_5159.JPG
IMG_5158.JPG
IMG_5156.JPG
IMG_5157.JPG
IMG_5155.JPG
IMG_5154.JPG
IMG_5153.JPG
IMG_5152.JPG
IMG_5150.JPG
IMG_5151.JPG
IMG_5149.JPG
IMG_5147.JPG
IMG_5148.JPG
013.JPG

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinfidel:

Hey Brett, nice job. I actually like the yellow legs and think it looks great on the pin. Perfect match.

i think you're the first

#53 5 years ago

I played this a few times at TPF and it is definitely different! I shot the full loop a couple times. Took a few balls to get used to the flippers deal. It was entertaining but would probably not hold my interest for long.

I agree with the yellow legs. They fit.

I LOVE the Space Invaders pin and was lucky enough to get a two for one deal earlier this year. As soon as I complete the APP I'll be rehabbing one of the S/Is and my $300 EBD from TPF side by side. (The thunp...thump...thump...thump.. is what makes it great!)

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from retired_user_101:

I'm on the fence with the Space Invaders pin.

Come on, you can't have a video game theme and *not* have a space invaders! And the music is half the fun!

It looks like you are in need of a Street Fighter though?

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Testing out glass production soon. I have to order in some glass blanks.

Hey John

So are you doing a QBERT backglass? I could really do with one...the game I have was dropped off the back of a truck apparently so when I get it there was no backglass. I did get a replacement but I think there is more paint missing than actually on the glass

#57 5 years ago

Yes I now have the art ready to go & I believe that title is available.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Yes I now have the art ready to go & I believe that title is available.

. . . . .

#59 5 years ago

wow, lookin good.

#60 5 years ago

I've had about 10 year ago, sold it to a german collector..
some info still here: http://www.flippers.be/pinball/gottlieb/qbert/qberts_quest.html

#61 5 years ago

I should have bought that SI body at TPF. I have a complete head I could have paired it with. I think the amount of restoration work involved is what kept me from buying it.

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I've had about 10 year ago, sold it to a german collector..
some info still here: http://www.flippers.be/pinball/gottlieb/qbert/qberts_quest.html

was the guy located in Germany or some other country?

thx.

#63 5 years ago

Wow. Never seen that one before.

#65 5 years ago

Brett: he was located in Germany. Around Stuttgard if I remember correct..

#67 5 years ago

Brett, I would suggest not putting those NOS plastics on your game until protectors are made for them. Otherwise, they'll end up looking like the ones you're replacing. I'll try to get Cliffy to make some protectors after the PAGG show for all Q*bert's Quest owners, I'll have more time to help out at that time and he might as well.

Steve

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Brett, I would suggest not putting those NOS plastics on your game until protectors are made for them. Otherwise, they'll end up looking like the ones you're replacing. I'll try to get Cliffy to make some protectors after the PAGG show for all Q*bert's Quest owners, I'll have more time to help out at that time and he might as well.
Steve

ok, twist my arm

2 weeks later
#69 5 years ago

Pictures waiting to see if title is available for production.

001-876.JPG 002-287.JPG 003-116.JPG
#70 5 years ago

For comparison of color differennces.

Steve

WP_003338.jpg

WP_003332.jpg

#71 5 years ago

Thanks for the comparison. If others could post some pictures of their originals. I could possibly get the colors corrected. Here is pictures of the sample with flash ON!

004-444.JPG 005-150.JPG 006.JPG 007-806.JPG 008-742.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG
#72 5 years ago

i'll get mine posted in a bit. cam battery died after 2nd pic

#73 5 years ago

here's some.

more Oranges and Yellows.
The Purples have more pink in them than yours.

IMG_5161.JPGIMG_5160.JPGIMG_5159.JPGIMG_5158.JPGIMG_5157.JPGIMG_5156.JPGIMG_5155.JPGIMG_5154.JPGIMG_5153.JPGIMG_5152.JPGIMG_5151.JPGIMG_5150.JPGIMG_5149.JPGIMG_5148.JPGIMG_5147.JPG

#74 5 years ago

need any more of any particular spots?

#75 5 years ago

need any more pix of certain areas? certain close-ups? certain lighting? etc...

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Steve

any luck on protectors ?

cheers,
bb

#77 5 years ago

I have to install hardwood flooring in my house before I can play.

Steve

Quoted from labnip:

any luck on protectors ?
cheers,
bb

#78 5 years ago

dohh...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.00
1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Christiansburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside