IMG_20150731_200025.jpg
CliffyBETA1-1.jpg
2015-07-28_16.39.03.jpg
2015-07-11_22.46.11.jpg
2015-07-11_01.00.43.jpg
2015-07-11_10.11.19.jpg
2015-07-11_10.12.53.jpg
2015-07-11_10.24.56.jpg
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
#201 8 years ago

Cliffy for the rear of the right ramp?

#202 8 years ago

New promo video for The Johnny Drive

#203 8 years ago

Lol...good production value, note for the next one...more naked girls.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Lol...good production value, note for the next one...more naked girls.

More seems to imply there were some naked girls in the first promo. I didn't see any

#205 8 years ago

Great video!

#206 8 years ago

That was a fun vid but when you did the thumbs up you covered the product with your hand.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That was a fun vid but when you did the thumbs up you covered the product with your hand.

Thanks for watching...........

#208 8 years ago

I hope you got it but it was cheezy 90's infomercial.......maybe I failed....maybe there is too much youth......

Had similar trouble with my movie Poison Sweethearts. Which is by far....well prob my worst movie:

T82 on the other hand...

#209 8 years ago

They see the error and are working on a solution. Have to wait till Monday for the proof copy....delays!!!!

Don't go into modding!!

#210 8 years ago

Well....here it is warts and all....need to get some cool LEDs instead of these incandescents but I'll take it.

IMG_20150731_200025.jpgIMG_20150731_200025.jpg

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Well....here it is warts and all....need to get some cool LEDs instead of these incandescents but I'll take it.

IMG_20150731_200025.jpg

Absolutely awesome! Congrats! Very nice work indeed!

#212 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

New promo video for The Johnny Drive » YouTube video

Nice instalation instructions video! More naked girls instead of a bald head guy!

#213 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

I hope you got it but it was cheezy 90's infomercial.......maybe I failed....maybe there is too much youth......
Had similar trouble with my movie Poison Sweethearts. Which is by far....well prob my worst movie:
» YouTube video
T82 on the other hand...
» YouTube video

Oh look, Adam used to have long hair!

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Absolutely awesome! Congrats! Very nice work indeed!

Thanks. The black in there is a little thinner than I'd like. But this is the 4th......yes 4th go around so I'm pretty much here. I think it works well though!

Now to sort out the dmd panels

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

» YouTube video
T82 on the other hand...
» YouTube video

LOl...T82. Did MIB rip you off or you them..either way that was good. Also like the Nic Cage look alike from the era when he was good, ala Vampire's Kiss.....

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Also like the Nic Cage look alike from the era when he was good, ala Vampire's Kiss.....

That's Ray Turturro, John Turturro's cousin. He's a good dude and has been in a bunch of stuff for us:

https://vimeo.com/49876574

Also got Joe Estevez and Toby Radloff in that one. We're the kings of second stage stars......

#217 8 years ago

Incidentally Ray did a film just before Cordoba called Mooshine where he WAS a vampire:

#218 8 years ago

ok...more pinball!!

#219 8 years ago

WE have lift off! Test print passes the test. I am going to make sure it matches well and hopefully we have this sorted out in short order!

test.jpgtest.jpg

#220 8 years ago

That looks perfect

#221 8 years ago

I'm all a Twitter... Wait that's Geko's line...

#222 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

WE have lift off! Test print passes the test. I am going to make sure it matches well and hopefully we have this sorted out in short order!

test.jpg

But there are no speaker holes in it. Don't tell me we are gonna have to cut our own holes.

#223 8 years ago

Nope, just a color test. I'll cut the holes with my lazzzzzzer eyes

giphy-1.gifgiphy-1.gif

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Nope, just a color test. I'll cut the holes with my lazzzzzzer eyes

giphy-1.gif

#225 8 years ago

Should have the test DMD panel tomorrow for approval. Then the WORLD!!! On a side note I have been a pin owner for 1 year officially!! yeah!!! Started with Blackout, then got Gorgar and Time Warp within a week I think......now flirting with getting #6.......yeah!!!

#226 8 years ago

That's great news, keep us updated. Congrats on the one year mark.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

test.jpg

Me Likey the white boarder around the DMD window. Tres nice!!

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Me Likey the white boarder around the DMD window. Tres nice!!

You'll have to paint your then.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You'll have to paint your then.

Nope - look closely - there is a thin white border around the DMD area.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Nope - look closely - there is a thin white border around the DMD area.

I thought they were coming with no boarder, I think that's just some protective paper on the back. Look at post #161, I think that's what we are getting.

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I thought they were coming with no boarder, I think that's just some protective paper on the back. Look at post #161, I think that's what we are getting.

Yeah. Old Paul is right. That is just the backing showing through on the sample. I toyed around with borders and I really wanted a chrome border but it seemed to work best with the graphics leading in and blending with the Dmd.

I'll admit it looks nice but no border seemed the most logical.

#232 8 years ago

It'll be like this but blue

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot/page/4#post-2590070

That said...there should be some mods coming to spruce up the speakers.

#233 8 years ago

Ok. Spoke to the printer. We are all approved. Sorting out the details on replacing the old ones. Cut the holes.....Paul.........yes I will cut the holes out. That said I played a game this way and it sounds pretty cool.

2015-08-06_15.59.24.jpg2015-08-06_15.59.24.jpg

#234 8 years ago

Excuse my low GC score......

#235 8 years ago

And no white line

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

And no white line

It's very beautiful!

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

That said I played a game this way and it sounds pretty cool.

You could hear it clearly with no holes cut in it? What did it sound like? Depending on the cost I might take one with speaker holes and one without just to see what it sounds like.

#238 8 years ago

It actually looks nice without, better then I expected, but no doubt you would loose some high end.

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

no doubt you would loose some high end.

That's a given but I wonder how bad it would be. May I could sling a couple of powered speakers under the bb that hang's over the sides of the cab. There's enough width.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's a given but I wonder how bad it would be. May I could sling a couple of powered speakers under the bb that hang's over the sides of the cab. There's enough width.

If I can find the THX article I was reading about what they did with smaller openings and bigger speakers piping the audio, but when I find it I'll post it here.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from puck:

If I can find the THX article I was reading about what they did with smaller openings and bigger speakers piping the audio, but when I find it I'll post it here.

Cool, I'd like to read it.

#242 8 years ago

Well I only have this test one without the holes. Special white border to boot. Not sure if they want this back or the purple ones. To be decided I guess.

That said it was pretty bassy. Not terrible but.....very deep I guess. Anyways, so holes only! Ha~! Got to leave room for the throwing star inserts!

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It's very beautiful!

Yeah not bad but I have requests for no line. So you can add one later, hahaha. You all will love it with holes and no line.....I am sure of it.......

#244 8 years ago

I say you mod it and find an LCD that fits that area. Get the DMD extender and make the whole thing a DMD

On Second thought. I was never a huge fan of the giant Sega DMD's (Baywatch etc), but a color DMD there might be sick.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Well I only have this test one without the holes. Special white border to boot. Not sure if they want this back or the purple ones. To be decided I guess.
That said it was pretty bassy. Not terrible but.....very deep I guess. Anyways, so holes only! Ha~! Got to leave room for the throwing star inserts!

I kind of like that one with the line around the DMD - I think I'll take that one when its available and drill my own holes!!

Also like the version without the line.

In any case - why did you not color match the blue color of the translight???

#246 8 years ago

It is color matched to the darker blue at the bottom of the translite

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

I kind of like that one with the line around the DMD - I think I'll take that one when its available and drill my own holes!!

Well seeing as there is just one of those in existence it figure it'll be 10k by xmas

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Well seeing as there is just one of those in existence it figure it'll be 10k by xmas

No problem, MustangPaul can handle!

#250 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

No problem, MustangPaul can handle!

Oh no, that 10k would be goin into my Mustang (car) and toy box (garage) neither of which are finished.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.