IMG_20150731_200025.jpg
CliffyBETA1-1.jpg
2015-07-28_16.39.03.jpg
2015-07-11_22.46.11.jpg
2015-07-11_01.00.43.jpg
2015-07-11_10.11.19.jpg
2015-07-11_10.12.53.jpg
2015-07-11_10.24.56.jpg
There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
#101 8 years ago

Dude, please, don't do that!!!!

I know it mustn't be easy (I surely ain't got the skills or the patience), but what would be of our hobby if not for guys like you, that put all your love and passion bringing these beauties back to life?

#102 8 years ago

Good thread. Helpful tips.

#103 8 years ago

RE-VIVED@!!! Thanks all of my amigos in Rio and world wide......pheewwww

#104 8 years ago

obrigado por tudo o que fez

#105 8 years ago

What? you got a 2nd wind now? I have been loosely following this story.

#106 8 years ago

Yes keep it up mate!

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

obrigado por tudo o que fez

YEAH RIGHT!!!!

#108 8 years ago

So did you get your problem fixed?

#109 8 years ago

Not yet. Working on it...and my life.....ha

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Not yet. Working on it...and my life.....ha

Take your time man..... take a deep breath, keep calm and drink Jack Daniels....

#111 8 years ago

AHHHHH so that's the problem.....I wasn't drinking Jack. I was drinking some other whiskey....ok...well now I'm embarrassed...

DMD board issue has been tracked down to the MPU...that silly MPU. And since it went down and won't boot I am shipping that and the driver board out for repairs.

Decals are a slow process. EVen though I had them done a while ago lots of little hold ups on my end and the printer. Mostly the printer, ha. He went on vaca for a while and forgot about me. I have to send a new cut file so the lasers know where to cut and I don't have to cut them all out by hand...phew.

Um...DMD panel I am waiting on the supplier to get back to me on that. And then I have some assembling to do on my end. So slow and steady. But the world will be a better place when I am done. Ohhh......I think I am ready to install the plastics. Wish the game would boot so I can properly show them off. Maybe I'll go into stealth and do a big revel......or maybe not.....got to keep y'all entertained!!

On the agenda for my own benefit...as well as your curiosity). A lot of this has been started or at least the heavy lifting has been done. So I guess more or less I am in the home stretch!

Re-assemble the pf (duh)
Ramp Decals
Prep and install plastics
Install UV LED strip
Install cold cathode UV
Replace remaining coil sleeves
Install shipping container and throwing star flasher covers
Install new DMD panel
Custom Translite!!!!!!
Lot o' riveting
And I am sure there is more. butt hats a good start.

Here's to the future

#112 8 years ago

glade you kept it

#114 8 years ago

Custom translite ordered! Decals almost finalized! DMD panel awaiting details...soon! Coming along!!!

#115 8 years ago

Ohhh and on top of all that....a warehouse lead! Might be able to get some cool backglasses for the gameroom!!

#116 8 years ago

A perfect storm is coming. The translite is about to go, the decals should go next week and I'm finalizing the DMD panel....plus the whole fam will be out on trips and camps soon for a week so... .the time is nigh for assembly time.... Don't want to go dark per say but maybe more writing and less pics... Nahhh I love looking at pics!!! So I should take some tomorrow!!

#117 8 years ago

Pretty productive day. Got the flippers back in and soldered, the ball trough in and soldered, crazy bob's, the drop target, and the hand ball popper. All soldered. Ya!!! Still a few hanging wires. Mostly waiting for the ramp switches and flashers. Also put some purple super bands, should be pretty sweet. Ummm...yeah bunch of stuff back in.

Never know what to take pics of. Open to suggestion. Hope to get the decals within the next week or so. Then I can finish this off and play it!!!

_SKN6818.JPG_SKN6818.JPG _SKN6817.JPG_SKN6817.JPG
#118 8 years ago

Ohh still need to put the cliffy's in.......yeah that will be my next task.

#119 8 years ago

Ohh and I should have my boards back by mid week. Though I am going to keep them out and the game off until I can check all the connections......that would be no fun to pop....

#120 8 years ago

The whole family will be gone this weekend so that will help me focus. Still trying to work out some small details with the decals so that might be next week when I get those. But I should have the new translite by this weekend! Small road bump in the DMD panel. But nothing that money won't fix

#121 8 years ago

What translite are you adding to it?

#122 8 years ago

Small suggestion because I did this on my JM and I thought it looked good, put the flyer black flippers on. Mine has black flippers and red superbands and I think it looks pretty nice (of course, personal opinion). I think I posted a bunch of pictures on page 27 of the JM owner's club thread if you want to check it out. I did a few mods as well, see if any grab you!

#123 8 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion! I have been thinking about doing the black flippers! I'm working on so many other little things that that one thing has gotten pushed a little to the back burner. You did a bunch of stuff i though about doing too. I love those lighted star posts.....yeah! Thanks for the ideas!!

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from clg:

What translite are you adding to it?

I created a slightly alternate translite. Very similar, just a touch different. I should be selling my old one (a little beat up)and a REALLY nice one I got from a friend who parted a machine out. Well combined two machines and didn't need the translite. So if anyone is looking I might have one for you that is in really good shape. We'll see how I like this new one!

#125 8 years ago

Got some Cliffys on...replaced a bunch of coil sleeves....few more to go.... Pulled the plunger coil and bracket for ultra cleaning. Finally finished the decals (oh vectorizing is o so time consuming...ha) and placed that order.

Ohh and the contractors come tomorrow for the game room. Still a road to go but this Johnny is looking good!! And that game room...ohhh that will be sweet!!! Yeah

IMG_20150604_220943.jpgIMG_20150604_220943.jpg IMG_20150604_220753.jpgIMG_20150604_220753.jpg
#126 8 years ago

Bit of the dirty view

IMG_20150604_190234.jpgIMG_20150604_190234.jpg IMG_20150604_220052.jpgIMG_20150604_220052.jpg
#127 8 years ago

Holy cow! Its been 2 months since I started this thread. Its about time I get this dang thing flipping!! Decals were the last big thing and those are coming. Yeah doggie!!!

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Holy cow! Its been 2 months since I started this thread. Its about time I get this dang thing flipping!! Decals were the last big thing and those are coming. Yeah doggie!!!

As far as I can tell you're going very well and very fast....

#129 8 years ago

In related news.....coming along nicely.......Still could have bought an A list title and a sys 11 with the $$ but......this gives the game a nice home

2015-06-06 14.08.15.jpg2015-06-06 14.08.15.jpg
2015-06-06 14.07.37.jpg2015-06-06 14.07.37.jpg

#130 8 years ago

Got much of the insulation in the gameroom. ALSO small delay with the translite and decals. But both companies are being super cool in helping to solve the issues. So...with any luck we'll have something to look at by......next week.....fingers crossed.....

#131 8 years ago

Looking at two possibilities for the speaker panel. Mezel is on the case to get some throwing star inserts.....so these are just temp ideas. We'll see what materializes....The CD version would be printed and laser cut. The throwing star one would be 4" cut out and speaker decals applied.

Test-v3STARS.jpgTest-v3STARS.jpg
Test-v2.jpgTest-v2.jpg

#132 8 years ago

Ohhh no....that silly DMD

2015-06-12 04.13.44.jpg2015-06-12 04.13.44.jpg
#133 8 years ago

JUST kidding!!! Got the boards back from Chris. Looking very good!!! All the biggies are fixed. I think I need to fix one bridge rectifier as the game is resetting when I hit both flippers.....and then it just kinda dims when I hit one flipper. That said neither flipper engages.....so that could be something totally different......hmm... anyways, progress!! Installed a NVRAM so no batteries for this one (Neo will never be a battery again!!)

Maybe I'll be able to put this thing together soon!!!!

2015-06-12 04.14.20.jpg2015-06-12 04.14.20.jpg

#134 8 years ago

Oh and no Y movement for the hand.....not tooooo worried about it. Either I missed a wire or opto or something.....hopefully..........good thing is....I can turn off the hand until I fix that!! Rebuilding the whole damn thing does not guarantee success!!! HA.

I need to take it off anyway to put the plastics back on so.....there's that right?

Seems like those are the only errors it's coming up with....

Does anyone know how to manually move the hand? Couldn't find it for sure in the menus.

#135 8 years ago

You know with all this work....maybe I need to do a re-theme..

giphy-4.gifgiphy-4.gif

nahhhh

#136 8 years ago

also this....

2015-06-12 03.54.58.jpg2015-06-12 03.54.58.jpg
#137 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

also this....

2015-06-12 03.54.58.jpg

WOW !!!!!!!!

#138 8 years ago

Speaker panel art finalized and off to the printer.....

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Speaker panel art finalized and off to the printer.....

Hope you're printing mine as well !!!!

#140 8 years ago

My upper diverters are working which are run by the fliptronics board. Also the machine isn't resetting anymore. No more time today to investigate....I have a pin road trip to Beaver Falls. Now I get nothing from the flipper buttons (switches test ok) and nothing in the test menu. I suspect a blown fuse or two. Again, we'll look and test when I get back. Fingers crossed for a few transistors and a fuse to be blown... know I can fix that!

#141 8 years ago

Moving along slowly. MUCH slower than i figured. Super busy this weekend. But I did manage to put the plunger assembly back in and so I can put the apron back in too. Slow but steady.....

This thing better sing!!!

IMG_20150614_212855.jpgIMG_20150614_212855.jpg
#142 8 years ago

I like that speaker placement mod on the rail.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from agodfrey:

Ohh still need to put the cliffy's in.......yeah that will be my next task.

Where did you find the cliffy's for this?

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Where did you find the cliffy's for this?

http://www.passionforpinball.com

Might not be listed but just contact Cliff about what he has for JM

#145 8 years ago

Yeah. I had to email him for them. He is supposedly going to make a protector for the right ramp (already did the left). Great choice to put them in

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I like that speaker placement mod on the rail.

Yeah...gets the sound right to you...wirelessly!!!

1 week later
#147 8 years ago

More than a week without hearing from Adam.... I only hope the dream is still alive!!!!

#148 8 years ago

Ohh yeah. I'm just on the beach. While I am gone the new and improved tranlite came as well as the decals.......going dark for the BIG reveal!!!!SHould be able to work on it on Monday!!!

#149 8 years ago

Decals came with the adhesive on the wrong side, translite still doesn't look good so the company has agreed to refund my money if I send it back....waiting on details for the DMD panel.....sheesh....you'd think a custom art package would be easier.....

#150 8 years ago

New plastics in, getting the posts cleaned and back in, decals should be here mid week. Translite is out for quote...dmd cover out...few more surprises as soon as I get those out....pics soon..looking amazing!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Machine - For Sale
Oakley, CA
$ 29.00
3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
3,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Morristown, NJ
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 150.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 63.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 263 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q1-dmd-text-garbled-johnnys-reboot/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.