(Topic ID: 220996)

Q: when and where was your first pinball playfield contact?

By pinballplusMN

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Very often when I take off the glass of a game whether it be in a home or at a location people want to touch the playing surface. After doing this they often have a sense of satisfaction or accomplishment. Probably because its always off limits covered by the glass. I remember when I was a kid always wanting to touch the PF on a pinball game.
    For me it was a Bally Elektra in 1982 at a bowling alley. The repair guy was nice enough to let me touch the surface. For me back at the age of 11 and being a pinball addict was like touching mars now it was cool.
    For anyone that collects, plays or works on pinball games surely remembers the first time and game.

What was yours?

#2 5 years ago

I was about four years old standing on a stool and scrubbing a playfield with Comet cleanser.

Thankfully since about 1958 we have learned and keep learning better methods to clean playfields.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I was about four years old standing on a stool

He said stool.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

He said stool.

Everybody is in a great mood today. I hope it lasts.

LTG : )

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q-when-and-where-was-your-first-pinball-playfield-contact and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.