(Topic ID: 258064)

Q: Should huo carry a premium?

By rollitover

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Q: Should huo carry a premium?”

• Yes, absolutely 11 votes
      30%
    • To be used as selling point, but NOT to jack the price 20 votes
      54%
    • No, the huo luster has worn thin 6 votes
      16%

(37 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 4 years ago

Question:
    Should pins carry a premium if they are huo?
    Or do sellers just like to use huo to elevate their asking price?

At a time when so many machines purchased go straight into a home, not sure huo carries the same weight as it once did.
    Good to know but worth the extra $$?

#2 4 years ago

condition.is.king.

#3 4 years ago

Well the question is how much IS the premium? You might just be talking another 100 bucks or somthing for a game under 5 years old.

#4 4 years ago

Yes. If I say a game is HUO the buyer should pay me more money for it.

We just had this dumb conversation last week. Enjoy!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-nib-huo-game-still-huo-if-you-take-it-to-a-show-to-the-freeplay-a/page/3#post-5366723

#5 4 years ago

Hmmm.. should I pay more for a game with hundreds of plays or thousands or tens of thousands of plays? Real head scratcher there.

HUO games are waaaaay more common than they once were. If anything it should drive down the price of routed examples more.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

HUO games are waaaaay more common than they once were. If anything it should drive down the price of routed examples more.

yes, we had a local operator trying to sell a heavily routed Stern Star Trek. not only were they asking as much as a used HUO they were asking more than NIB (which was still available at the time). Cracked ramps, pf wear, etc.... unreasonable esp when 50-60% or more of the build now goes straight HUO.

#7 4 years ago

condition is king. HUO means nothing if the game is trashed. I have no issue with routed games if the price is right.

Although I do think just a simple NEVER ROUTED would suffice.

Then there should be a new category for people who never play their games...like I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR THE PRETTY ARTWORK

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

..like I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR THE PRETTY ARTWORK

Good point. It would save us the time of looking in the thread & seeing a brand new machine with a full page of mods listed.

#9 4 years ago

HUO gets me to look at the ad, looking for pictures.

Actual condition is what carries the premium.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes. If I say a game is HUO the buyer should pay me more money for it.
    We just had this dumb conversation last week. Enjoy!
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/is-a-nib-huo-game-still-huo-if-you-take-it-to-a-show-to-the-freeplay-a/page/3#post-5366723

Ahh... Not quite

Quoted from Zablon:

Then there should be a new category for people who never play their games...like I ONLY BOUGHT IT FOR THE PRETTY ARTWORK

You left out lights.
    "The pretty artwork"
    and lights.

#11 4 years ago

No. HUO machines should not carry a premium... well, except mine.

#12 4 years ago

Should a car in mint condition bring more than one in okay condition? These HUO questions are getting dumber and dumber.

#13 4 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Djshakes:

Should a car in mint condition bring more than one in okay condition? These HUO questions are getting dumber and dumber.

My inexperience should not
    be misconstrued as stupidity.
    The reason I ask is because there is a machine available locally and his asking price is several hundred $$ more than several offerings of the same machine here on Pinside.
    The only apparent reason for the higher price seems to be huo.
    I seek the input of those more experienced than I to determine if it's legitimate to ask more based on huo alone.
    Thank you.

#15 4 years ago

I bought a HUO tspp a couple years ago. I set the game up nib for them back in 2003. This game was black from use. It had about 4k plays and it was cleaned once. I stopped by to fix it and gave it a quick cleaning about a year after I sold it to them. To me HUO is a term thrown around to easily. If I ever see it in an ad for a wms game I instantly assume the seller is over hyping his game. It seems to be better now, but a few years ago everybody used the term. With the newer games it means less to me because of all the playfield issues. A HUO game can have clear coat pooling just as easily as a routed one with 5k plays.

#16 4 years ago

Absolutely not. Next time I'm at my coworkers house I'll take some pics of his HUO games. He didn't know how to take the glass off before we met and the PF's have worn to wood in several spots.

Condition is all that matters.

#17 4 years ago

I agree with other that condition is the the determine factor when considering price.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q-should-huo-carry-a-premium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.