(Topic ID: 268530)

Q: best silcone rubber?

By pinballplusMN

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Hello,

I have a client who has a Stern Star Trek. His home play rivals locations in the amount of play it gets. He wants the best longest lasting rubber for the game.

I know opinions vary. Just wondering what the best rubber to order. Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hello,
    I have a client who has a Stern Star Trek. His home play rivals locations in the amount of play it gets. He wants the best longest lasting rubber for the game.
    I know opinions vary. Just wondering what the best rubber to order. Thanks in advance!

PBL PerfectPlay. Perfect amount of bounce, great colors, best price.

#3 3 years ago

You'll get better results during your research if you search for silicone rather than silicon.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You'll get better results during your research if you search for silicone rather than silicon.

To quote Sir Mix-a-lot "Cause silicone parts are made for toys"; while silicon, in-fact, is not.

#5 3 years ago

Titan

#6 3 years ago

Titan and Pinball Life.

#7 3 years ago

I have Titans in my games, however I can't justify there shipping of late. Last order would have been $14.95 for the rubber and $49.00 to ship.

#8 3 years ago

Anecdotally, titan rings broke faster and with more frequency than traditional rubber rings for me w/ games on route.

Again, I have no data to back this up, and maybe the games w/ titans were played more than the ones w/ rubbers; I noticed problems with the smallest posts very frequently compared to traditional rubbers.

#9 3 years ago

I use Titan and only had a few break. One thing I noticed is that the silicone does not like to be stretched too tight so getting the right size important.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from isJ:

Anecdotally, titan rings broke faster and with more frequency than traditional rubber rings for me w/ games on route.
    Again, I have no data to back this up, and maybe the games w/ titans were played more than the ones w/ rubbers; I noticed problems with the smallest posts very frequently compared to traditional rubbers.

This has been my experience. I think silicon is better suited for the home environment where it will get fewer plays, so its advantages will shine through:

1) Fun colors available
    2) Does not dry out with age compared with rubber
    3) Stays cleaner, or at least easier to clean than rubber

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

I have Titans in my games, however I can't justify there shipping of late. Last order would have been $14.95 for the rubber and $49.00 to ship.

There is an issue with the website causing the "First Class Parcel" option to be unavailable. It has been resolved. If anyone would like to check thier cart now, you should see a less expensive option.

#12 3 years ago

The longest lasting "rubber" is urethane, Super-Bands. Made in U.S.A. Available from Marco, Cointaker, Pinball Life....

#13 3 years ago

Titan

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

There is an issue with the website causing the "First Class Parcel" option to be unavailable. It has been resolved. If anyone would like to check thier cart now, you should see a less expensive option.

I added a few rubbers to the cart and these were shipping options, looks fixed.

Priority Mail Express International - $50.30
    Priority Mail International - $41.50
    First-Class Package International Service - $20.75

#15 3 years ago

Working Perfectly! BTW, we don't add any extra cost to our shipping

<Service ID="15"><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>8.61</Ounces><MailType>All</MailType><Width>6</Width><Length>2</Length><Height>9</Height><Country>CANADA</Country><Postage> 20.75 </Postage>

#16 3 years ago

There is an issue with the website causing the "First Class Parcel" option to be unavailable. It has been resolved. If anyone would like to check thier cart now, you should see a less expensive option

Sadly with the quoted shipping and no reply to the email sent went with standard black rubber!
    Will try again the next time I need a rubber order.

#17 3 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sadly with the quoted shipping and no reply to the email sent went with standard black rubber!
    Will try again the next time I need a rubber order.

What email address did you use?

#18 3 years ago

What email address did you use?

Contact us...
    From your site ..
    Just poor timing I guess that your site was down.

#19 3 years ago

Well shoot. Sorry. It’s [email protected] if you ever need it in the future.
    We have been jacking with the recaptcha on the site forms. Probably that.

#20 3 years ago

As stated shitty timing, I've been pleased in the past with your customer service.
    Sadly I have to remove 3 ramps to replace the rubbers(again) I will wait till the next time to re order
    OP , sorry making this thread about me ...
    Apologies
    Rob

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q-best-silcon-rubber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.