011.JPG
010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
IMG-20130421-00078.jpg
IMG-20130421-00077.jpg
Gottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpg
IMG_4497.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ottogd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 9 years ago

I put together the QQ artwork for John but I made the scans then sold my QQ a couple years ago so I don't have anything to directly compare to now. Nor did I think to use my Pantone guides to properly match-up the colours back then. Ugh.

Anyway, I've already made updates to the CMYK levels this morning, but if someone can send me the proper Pantone colours, I can us my Pantone-to-CMYK guides to fine-tune the levels. The colours are clearly off in the first printed proof John is showing, which is my fault, but I have a new file practically ready to be resent to the printer for a new proof.

One of the things to keep in mind with CMYK printing versus screen-printing, the inks vibrancy will never be as rich. Still look good though. I have John's new Star Gazer backglass and the colours look great.

Btw, if all goes well here, I may be able to help with cocktail glasses; I may have access to one in my area.

Gottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpgGottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpg
#13 9 years ago

That'd be awesome, Pete!

I don't need to study it, just throw the Pantone guides on it. Only take a few minutes.

#15 9 years ago

Big thanks to Pete (nics135) for swinging by my place with the backglass and letting me match up Pantone-to-CMYK as close as possible with the Pantone guides. I'll be sending John an updated file asap.

9 months later
#31 9 years ago

Looks great!

7 months later
#42 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

Where as others continue to make new backglass work with out licensing. http://bgresto.com/?p=639

The opacity layer on the back is incorrect on that version.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ottogd.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q-berts-quest-backglass?tu=ottogd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.