010.JPG
009.JPG
008.JPG
IMG-20130421-00078.jpg
IMG-20130421-00077.jpg
Gottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpg
IMG_4497.JPG
#1 9 years ago

Pending approval hopefully late June. If a go they will be available for sale.
www.greatpinball.com

Please note this was done on slightly oversize tempered glass I had in stock. Proper glass size will be used. Verifying title is still available from Gottlieb LLC.

001-299.JPG001-299.JPG 002-998.JPG002-998.JPG 003-28.JPG003-28.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Your colors are a little off from the original John, I hope you'll adjust this before going into making them available. If so, I'll buy one.

Steve

#3 9 years ago

If people have original pictures could you please post them here. I will try & get the colors adjusted. More pictures with flash ON!

004-471.JPG004-471.JPG 005-855.JPG005-855.JPG 006.JPG006.JPG 007-961.JPG007-961.JPG 008-537.JPG008-537.JPG 009.JPG009.JPG 010.JPG010.JPG 011.JPG011.JPG 012.JPG012.JPG 013.JPG013.JPG
#4 9 years ago

Wow, Awesome!!! I just wish I could find a machine for sale

#5 9 years ago

Any chance you might be willing to tackle producing cocktail table glass for Q*Bert cocktails? Literally, every single example needs a new top due to flaking.

Qbertfront.JPGQbertfront.JPG

#6 9 years ago

yeah.

please let me know when ready. PM here. I will buy.

here's some quick pix of mine. can post better ones.

thanks,
bb

IMG_3780.JPGIMG_3780.JPG IMG_3795.JPGIMG_3795.JPG IMG_3798.JPGIMG_3798.JPG IMG_4187.JPGIMG_4187.JPG
#7 9 years ago

more

IMG_4497.JPGIMG_4497.JPG

#8 9 years ago

Yes cocktail glass could be done if someone has the art.

#9 9 years ago

Hi John, I'll try to get a bunch of close ups of the colors on my NOS glass with the flash on for you to match up. However, wouldn't it be better to work from a pantone color chart for exact matching? That way, what you see and I see are exactly the same. On computer screens colors can vary by quite a few shades.

Steve

Quoted from greatwichjohn:

If people have original pictures could you please post them here. I will try & get the colors adjusted. More pictures with flash ON!

#10 9 years ago

I put together the QQ artwork for John but I made the scans then sold my QQ a couple years ago so I don't have anything to directly compare to now. Nor did I think to use my Pantone guides to properly match-up the colours back then. Ugh.

Anyway, I've already made updates to the CMYK levels this morning, but if someone can send me the proper Pantone colours, I can us my Pantone-to-CMYK guides to fine-tune the levels. The colours are clearly off in the first printed proof John is showing, which is my fault, but I have a new file practically ready to be resent to the printer for a new proof.

One of the things to keep in mind with CMYK printing versus screen-printing, the inks vibrancy will never be as rich. Still look good though. I have John's new Star Gazer backglass and the colours look great.

Btw, if all goes well here, I may be able to help with cocktail glasses; I may have access to one in my area.

Gottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpgGottlieb_Qberts.Questbackglass_600_FRONT_May16-14.jpg
#11 9 years ago

Wow !! That's a great improvement over what I currently have in my game!

I agree with Steve - you need to get the Pantone colours direct from the glass. Too many variables involved with taking colours from the screen, Camera calibration, colour balance settings, screen calibration. I could get the pantones off mine so you have some to compare (though my glass is obviously not NOS!)

IMG-20130421-00077.jpgIMG-20130421-00077.jpg

Any chance you'll be doing playfields?

IMG-20130421-00078.jpgIMG-20130421-00078.jpg

#12 9 years ago

I will buy one. I have Kevin's old Q'Berts Quest and offered to drop of the backglass tomorrow if he needs it to study.

#13 9 years ago

That'd be awesome, Pete!

I don't need to study it, just throw the Pantone guides on it. Only take a few minutes.

#14 9 years ago

need any more pix of certain areas? certain close-ups? certain lighting? etc...

#15 9 years ago

Big thanks to Pete (nics135) for swinging by my place with the backglass and letting me match up Pantone-to-CMYK as close as possible with the Pantone guides. I'll be sending John an updated file asap.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Big thanks to Pete (nics135) for swinging by my place with the backglass and letting me match up Pantone-to-CMYK as close as possible with the Pantone guides. I'll be sending John an updated file asap.

S-w-e-e-t !!!

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Thanks for taking the extra time to get the colours correct...us Q*Bert owners appreciate it

#18 9 years ago

Yes, thanks for every ones efforts.

8 months later
#19 9 years ago

Still working on this project. If you have the pantone colors let me know. A proper size blank is waiting at the printer.

Got the colors & will print one out.

y --- 0-1-100-0

P --- 43-90-0-0
--- 34-90-0-0 pms 246

O --- 0-65-100-0 pms 718

R --- 2-98-85-7 pms 1797

B --- 100-42-0-0 pms 300

G --- 12-6-5-12 pms 428

#20 9 years ago

Great news. I'm in for one

#21 9 years ago

Count me in....

#22 9 years ago

I still need one. Had this game in a recent league event. Was funny to watch people struggle with the flippers.

#23 9 years ago

please....someone make a repro PINK PANTHER.

There is like one guy who landed a NOS backglass from LTG, everyone else who owns that game has a pretty bad backglass.

#24 9 years ago

LOL, that was me. James, did you get my PM yesterday?

Steve

#25 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

LOL, that was me. James, did you get my PM yesterday?
Steve

Well, you got the NOS backglass, and I had a nos pp playfield lol

Yes, I did get your message, much appreciated! Thank you again.

#26 9 years ago

Glad to help. I also had an NOS playfield, it was all installed years ago so none of it is NOS anymore. I guess it steps down to HUO.

Steve

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Well, you got the NOS backglass, and I had a nos pp playfield lol
Yes, I did get your message, much appreciated! Thank you again.

#27 9 years ago

I'm in for the Q*bert backglass

1 week later
#28 9 years ago

Wow time slowly rolls on. Here is the final version color corrected I believe. So unless people go crazy this is it. The printer should of had gray blocking & license text on the bottom. This one will be going to Texas Show for Ed, along with a CPR Silverball Mania, & Star Gazer I have on Ebay with minor flaws unless they sell soon. I won't be sending one in for approval until mid or late April, to Mondial. That's if I get the go ahead, with the world of licensing which is truly crazy. Throw stuff up on Ebay & see if there is a hassle or not for low demand product.

008.JPG008.JPG
009.JPG009.JPG
010.JPG010.JPG
011.JPG011.JPG

017.JPG017.JPG 018.JPG018.JPG 019.JPG019.JPG 020.JPG020.JPG 021.JPG021.JPG 022.JPG022.JPG 023.JPG023.JPG 024.JPG024.JPG
#29 9 years ago

Much better John. Any chance that you'll be looking into doing Pink Panther, I know I get a lot of requests to borrow my NOS backglass for scanning.

Steve

#30 9 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

Much better John. Any chance that you'll be looking into doing Pink Panther, I know I get a lot of requests to borrow my NOS backglass for scanning.
Steve

Pink Panther is listed here. http://bgresto.com/
I have no dealing with this company, & I do have a license as a vendor for Gottlieb LLC, & Planetary Pinball. Some of the glass I produce is also available there, & you never know when rights owners will start sending out C & D letters or take more drastic actions.

#31 9 years ago

Looks great!

#32 9 years ago

Will these be at Pinfest in May?

#33 9 years ago

Unfortunately I get hassled at the US border bringing in US made pinball machines & parts. So I'm passing on the show this year. I will be going to the Quebec Show May 16 & 17.

#34 9 years ago

Unfortunately I get hassled at the US border bringing in US made pinball machines & parts. So I'm passing on the show this year. I will be going to the Quebec Show May 16 & 17.

i'll be at the Texas Pin Fest in march, have a Q*bert pin, and need a new backglass
...any chance of sending another one to dallas (TFP) ?

cheers.

#35 9 years ago

talk with ed & leave your info. maybe the person who wins it will sell it cheap. it will be sometime before I see if its approved.

#36 9 years ago

paging Ed...

Ed...

Ed ?

#37 9 years ago

I would talk with Ed at the Texas Pinball Festival. Have a look at the glass, & if you like it leave your info for the winner. Same with the other glass, should be a slightly scratched Silverball Mania, & very minor scrape to white Star Gazer donated for prize draw also from me.

3 weeks later
#38 9 years ago

any updates on the backglass production ?

#39 9 years ago

Nothing will be going on until late Spring. See it at the show!

6 months later
#40 8 years ago

Any updates on backglass production?

#41 8 years ago

Glass art is nice & ready. But a bunch of other factors legal wise need to be done in 2016. So I need to go through all the Gottlieb LLC requirements in 2016.

Where as others continue to make new backglass work with out licensing. http://bgresto.com/?p=639

Glass work so far for me with Gottlieb LLC, & Planetary Pinball has been a loss for me.

#42 8 years ago

Where as others continue to make new backglass work with out licensing. http://bgresto.com/?p=639

The opacity layer on the back is incorrect on that version.

8 months later
#43 7 years ago

Glass art is nice & ready. But a bunch of other factors legal wise need to be done in 2016. So I need to go through all the Gottlieb LLC requirements in 2016.
Glass work so far for me with Gottlieb LLC, & Planetary Pinball has been a loss for me.

Any updates on Q Bert backglass production?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from woz:

Any updates on Q Bert backglass production?

think there's 1 on ebay that's been for sale for the last year.

1 week later
#45 7 years ago

Update: It's a dead project for me. Serious money bleed for me trying to do stuff under licence, $2 million liability insurance, send in sample, compensate art provider, & a cut of gross to licensee. For this title I was prompted that there might be 3rd party license problems, & I might need to talk with Roger. After hearing that i'm out. Seems like others have no problems doing what ever.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/q-berts-quest-backglass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.