• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PZ R1.jpg
Switch Matrix Capture (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

Need to take a break after working on my Party Zone, not thinking clear and can't wrap my head around what should be a simple issue.

Here we go:

- Error report identifies switches 51, 61, 71 and 81 as an issue
- Verified White-Brown wire and all seems good
- Captain B. Zarr disabled in menu as board does not work (I keep head static and mouth functions)
- Switch Matrix menu shows all switches as open except for switch 24 which is always closed (or actually no-existent if I understand correctly)

What am I missing or overseeing? Why does report show Head Opto 1 (switch 51 and subsequent) if opto board is not plugged in and wire is okay (would either mention all optos or none no?).

Matrix from manual says that optos are usually all closed; anything I should do?

With B. Zarr option board out of game and disabled in menu, I don't understand why machine would flag Head Opto 1 as an issue and not the others, should just ignore all since wiring is okay to me.

Matrix attached, my issue in red, other info in blue.

Any thoughts/suggestions/help is appreciated.

Happy Holidays and a Rockin' 2017 to all, cheers!

Switch Matrix Capture (resized).JPGSwitch Matrix Capture (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Check for a loose White-Brown wire at switch 31, 41 and 71

PZ R1.jpgPZ R1.jpg

#3 7 years ago

Thanks for the input zaza, I turned the machine on the next morning and the only errors showing were the three head optos.

Pretty sure I had turned off and powered back on the machine quite a few times the evening I wrote my post so not sure how/why switch errors went away...

Cheers

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Boards
PinSound
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pz-switch-matrix-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.