Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by scooter
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

fcv28z[1].jpg
    Python.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Wanted to let all my pinball friends know that I just got off the phone with Python Anghelo, who has been very sick unbeknownst to anyone...He has been battling stage 4 cancer but he wanted everyone to know that he is back and looking forward to The Pinball Expo in Chicago. Some may have seen him there last year, and knowing what I know now explains alot...He was pretty sick and was not feeling well at all.

Here is a short interview done by some folks from Discovery Channel earlier this year when he was told he wouldn't be here at this time. Thankfully his most recent check ups have been encouraging and he is off the chemo and radiation and he is feeling much better now and says he is drawing again, and that his hair is starting to grow back, and that he will have hair by Expo and he is looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Phoebe

#2 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing that. It's cool to learn about someone who's work you know. He seems like a nice guy.....if you're not a lamb

#3 11 years ago

There's an extra reason to go to expo!

#4 11 years ago

Awesome!

#5 11 years ago

Great interview, Python is a great talent and never short on opinions or ideas.

#6 11 years ago

Interesting vid. He has done so much for pinball. Of any signatures I could ever have on a machine, and I really don't want any, his, given his contribution to the artistic side, would be much welcomed touch.

#7 11 years ago

"And here we have the anatomy of a lamb" LOL!

#8 11 years ago

Thanks for sharing!

#9 11 years ago

Python is the man! - Thanks for posting

#10 11 years ago

This is great news to hear.

#11 11 years ago

Thanks BFG. All the best to him on his road to recovery..

#12 11 years ago

I'd heard things. Glad he's better !
    LTG

#13 11 years ago

Interesting guy, loved the podcast/interview that Clay did with him. Must have listened to that 3 or 4 times over the years, good stuff. Sorry to hear that he's been sick, hope he's doing alright now.

#14 11 years ago

I haven't seen the vid yet but I am very happy to hear that he is doing well. I'm a huge Python fan! Love his artwork and design: PINBOT!

If you know nothing about Python, look up his TOPCAST interview and also listen to his speeches from the past expos (on pinball news). You won't be sorry.

#15 11 years ago

Great video, he reminds me of my favorite professor from college. I wish I had a copy of the extended interviews not just the cut up footage.

We all plagiarize nature, what a great quote.

#16 11 years ago

Good to hear he's getting better!

#18 11 years ago

LOL...where does one find such a starfish??

#20 11 years ago

Glad for the good news. Thanks for posting the video, would love to see more.

#21 11 years ago

My favorite pin is Cyclone primarily because of him & I can stare at that pf for hours. You can't just glance at it and drink it all in. I feel compelled to lean close & inspect every square inch of the art. Taxi's artwork is much simpler but I still catch myself closely admiring his work there on a daily basis. Mr Angelo is such a great talent. I'm happy to hear he's doing better and very glad you posted this topic Butterflygirl24.

#22 11 years ago

Thank you for the AWESOME video Phoebe. My only complaint is that it wasn't longer. He is an amazing artist and I wish I knew him myself.
    Python's Topcast interview was one of the most interesting of the bunch. He defiantly sounds like a hoot know. It's nice to finally put a face to the voice.
    Topcast Link:
    http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/showget.php?id=42
    (right-click and save as if it doesn't play....Great interview IMO)
    "Interesting guy, loved the podcast/interview that Clay did with him. Must have listened to that 3 or 4 times over the years"<------ KRYZSKY +1

#23 11 years ago

Phoebe,
    Thanks for the link. I'm a richer person after watching that interview. Feeds the creative juices.

Great way to start the day!

#24 11 years ago

I met Python once, he was in the bar at Expo but he was drinking (well, spitting) bottled water. I took a picture of him and it's on my website. The picture appears in the video. Actually here it is:

Python.jpgPython.jpg

Crazy guy for sure - Incredible artist. I saw some of his original art that a friend owns and it's amazing.

#25 11 years ago

Very cool video and interesting guy indeed. Thanks for sharing, I'll be watching this again for sure.

#26 11 years ago

If anyone happens to think of it, could you please ask Python if this is Che Guevara on the Comet playfield? It sure looks like him, but maybe I'm reading in too much.

fcv28z[1].jpgfcv28z[1].jpg

#27 11 years ago

good to hear!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pythons-back- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.