(Topic ID: 83140)

Python Anghelo's last public speech ever will be tomorrow in Louisville!

By PinballInc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PythonBadCats.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightbitwhit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinballj:

Just a heads up but it was recorded by several. Brokentoken (Whitney and Brent) recorded off the mixer board so the sound quality should be very good. 3 or 4 video cameras were recording too. Pretty sure once it is compiled they will upload for all.
    And I agree, Python is hillarious!
    John Trudeau did an awesome job with running the Q&A with Python.

Thanks Jeremy - you are right - we did get a direct line-out from the mixer for recording the audio and I was watching the stream through the entire seminar, so we should have everything. I've got all the files local now, so this week will begin the process of piecing through everything and doing the cuts/edits to get it all ready to be published.

We will be releasing the whole audio feed as a special podcast episode on our website and will release the audio/video to Youtube once we have it all ready.

Stay tuned, as I'll post back once it's ready to go!

#41 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballInc:

Yes they said they would get it uploaded. Al Warner also did a video. Thanks for everyone that put it together, it was fantastic and Python really really loved it.
    John Trudeau is a saint. Whitney and Brent are unreal, they had to piece together a video feed from scratch in 30 minutes and got it done. Al got a webcam just in time. Jeremy put all the pieces in place all while putting on a fantastic show. My son Leo was on Pythons end putting together everything and I couldn't be prouder. Pythons internet went down just before it was supposed to get started and somehow he and Leo got it going.
    Most of all thanks to Python, you just can't imagine what it took for him to be able to do the show and he was still the same ol Python, PG-13 and all.
    WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!!
    oh yea, thanks to the muppet too. He has been through a lot lately, more than you'll ever know.

Thank you so much for the kind words. We take the charge seriously and wanted to do the best we could. There were a few wireless challenges, but we pushed through and made it work out. It put a smile on my face to see John and Python talking to each other and I did a few passes through the room and everyone looked to be really engaged in the discussion.

All that being said, it was an *HONOR* for Brent and I to be involved in this. Thank you Jeremy for the opportunity and thank you James and Al for your help and coordination and thank you to John for the engagement... I could hear the feeling in his voice while he was talking to Python - it made it real.

It took everyone to get it done and the team made it happen!

We were taking up a donation for Python (and Barry) during the show, so we'll be tallying that up very soon and I'll also post back on the total collected.

-Whitney

2 weeks later
    #45 10 years ago

FYI by way of follow-up to everyone on this. We're working on the audio and video from the seminar. We hope to have it finished up and through post-production very soon. We'll post back as soon as it's ready to go!

3 weeks later
    #47 9 years ago
    Quoted from notaflyingtoy:

I know you're still working on the YouTube video. Any idea when the audio feed will be posted on your website? Thanks.

We've got it all done now. I apologize for the delay - Brent and I easily had 12+ hours (each) on editing. Convention center audio is not our friend, and we took a lot of time to ensure that the audio and video are as good as they can possibly be.

All the details are in the next post!

#48 9 years ago

FYI to everyone that we've now got all of the audio and video processed for what is our last episode covering the 2014 Louisville Arcade Expo.

This episode is a real treat, as we get time with both John Trudeau as well as Python Anghelo. John reviews a slide show with highlights from his career and the games he has worked on over the years and talks quite a bit about the new Mustang pinball from Stern.

We then bring Python into the interview via a Skype video call where John and Python talk very candidly about Python's time in the industry.

This is all that much more poignant, as this wound up being Python's last public appearance before his passing on April 9th, 2014.

We want to thank Jeremy, Matt & Joe at the Louisville Arcade Expo, John Trudeau for his wonderful content and overseeing this opportunity as well as James Loflin for his help coordinating the schedule with Python. If I've left anyone out, it is completely unintentional and please accept our apologies.

The special audio presentation is available directly on our site -

http://www.brokentoken.com/podcast-e...pythonanghelo/

The video of the seminar session is also available directly as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightbitwhit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/python-anghelos-last-public-speech-ever-will-be-tomorrow-in-louisville?tu=eightbitwhit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.