image-956.jpg
13872640984_5c799c2344_o.jpg
13872252265_722b51aea2_o.jpg
13872287143_b6c305f7e3_o.jpg
IMG_2214.JPG
P4190109.JPG
P4190112.JPG
IMAG0419.jpg
There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 10 years ago

RIP Python. I will miss you.

#52 10 years ago

R.I.P Python.

You'll be missed.

#53 10 years ago

Thoughts and prayers go out to him and James and all close to him RIP
Seize the day for there is no tomorrow.
Thank you Python! Your talent and wit will be forever missed!

#54 10 years ago

Very sad news.

#55 10 years ago

RIP, As for his family, I do know that he had a sister and that they were not happy with each other. James (pinballInc) had a power of attorney to do what was needed to help Python. If you have seen any of James' post lately it often said he was heading to Chicago again. These trips were not really for business, but personal as Python was a close friend of his. I also know that the sister had taken many of Pythons things and was refusing to help pay for hospice. James, being the guy he is, finally told the hospital that he would take responsibility for the hospice care, which was to the tune of around 500.00 per day. What a friend, not many people would say, let alone do that.

I know that Python was struggling lately with his health, and sadly, his passing was probably a good thing for him to help ease his pain. A man with his spunk and creativity is in more pain when his mediacl issues dont let his creativity flow.

My heart goes out to James as well, they were like brothers and Python considered James to be more family than those that were blood related.

#56 10 years ago

Thoughts to Python, his family and friends. James and Paul, and likely others, have been going to help him and thoughts go to them as well. I did not have the pleasure or honor of meeting him as I got into pinball a few months late but his work has influenced my collection and my Bad Cats will likely always be in my collection.

#58 10 years ago

Bummer, that's sad news. RIP Pyton.

#59 10 years ago

I am going to go and play Taxi right now.

#60 10 years ago

I feared the day this news would come, Godspeed Python...

#61 10 years ago

RIP Python. Sad day. Ultimate Warrior and Python. Glad I have an amazing Pin*Bot sitting in my garage so I can admire his stunning art work.

#62 10 years ago

RIP Python. Thanks for all of the great games, and being so generous and kind when my family and I met you.

#63 10 years ago

Godspeed Python... Thank you for making some great games and enhancing my life as a kid. My first pin was BIG GUNs.. Wish I still had it. A great artist...

#64 10 years ago

Very sad day. RIP.

#65 10 years ago

So sad to hear. I also had the pleasure of meeting him at the NWPAS and listening to his seminar. He is such a down to earth guy, funny and brutally honest. I truly respect that. His autograph is immortalized on my Bad Cats keyfob which I will treasure. Thank you Python for all that you have given us and RIP.

#66 10 years ago

You were an interesting man
RIP

#67 10 years ago

I am very saddened by this news.

I never met him, but I sure feel like I know him through his work.

May he rest in peace.

James, Al, and Paul - If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

Chris

#68 10 years ago

Python was one crazy cat.
Was always great talking with him at Expo and PATZ.
Will definitely be missed.
Wally

#69 10 years ago

Thanks for everything, Python. I no longer own the prototype Jokerz below, but I will be having a drink in your honor tonight.

JokerzBeer.jpgJokerzBeer.jpg

#70 10 years ago

This is sad news.

#71 10 years ago

RIP Python...

This f***ing sucks.
This hurts.
And before I forget... F*** you, cancer.

Remember, "A day without cancer, is a good day..."

-mof

#72 10 years ago

Sad news. He was my favorite designer/artist. I saw him at Expo two years ago but didn't want to bother him or was too timid to do so. Now I kick myself for not doing so.

I hope his passing was peaceful and pain-free.

#73 10 years ago

Wish I would have had a chance to meet him. Seems like a great guy.

#74 10 years ago

RIP Python. I played a game of BBBB in your honor this AM.

#75 10 years ago

RIP. I will play a Big Guns salute tonight.

#76 10 years ago

The world is a less creative and exciting place. Thank you Python.

#77 10 years ago

Condolences to all of his family, friends and fans.

He was a real asset to the hobby for sure. He'll be missed. Too young, far too young.

#78 10 years ago

We all knew he was sick and unfortunately did not have long but it is still so shocking that he is now longer with us. A bit of the magic of pinball is gone . Let's hope where ever he is now he is at peace and being as creative as ever.

#79 10 years ago

Sad to hear that.

Python Anghelo was an artist (or the artist) and/or Designer on:

Comet
High Speed
Grand Lizard
PIN-BOT
Big Guns
Cyclone
Taxi
Jokerz!
Police Force
Bad Cats
Bugs Bunny's Birthday Ball
The Machine: Bride of Pin-Bot
Hurricane
Fish Tales
Popeye Saves the Earth
The Pinball Circus
Flipper Football.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ppl=python&searchtype=advanced

He will be missed!

John :-#(#

#80 10 years ago

Truly a sad day. He will be missed.

He added a bit of genius, a bit of mad scientist, and a lot of humor to pinball.

-Jim

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from pkiefert:

All,
As you've heard, Python passed peacefully this afternoon at his residence in Chicago.
We are all working through the details in regards to everything surrounding his passing and will pass on any details as soon as they are finalized.
Paul

Thanks Paul for having organized the GoFundMe campaign for Python !

#82 10 years ago

Going to get in a few games of Police Force in his honor tonight. Me and my kids love looking at the artwork he does on is machines. My son always tries to find the little "hidden" stuff Python threw in on some. We lost an icon today for sure. RIP Mr. Anghelo.

#83 10 years ago

i'm sorry but you are all wrong. Python will never die. he may have left a temporary human body form, but he will live forever. (Gods can never die.)

#84 10 years ago

I've never met the man & I'm still getting teary-eyed at this news. He was my favorite "pinball celebrity" & my meager collection showcases more of his work than any other designer/artist. I will sorely miss him & always regret that I never got to meet him. RIP Python.
Tonight I play Big Guns, High Speed, Cyclone, Grand Lizard, & Taxi in his honor.

#85 10 years ago

We lost a free spirit who saw the world in his own way and shared it with us through his amazing art.

#86 10 years ago

This is a very sad day. I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet such a unique and personable man. RIP Python.

#87 10 years ago

of all the game designers/artists, Python was certainly the most approachable. yes he was opinionated, but i guess that's why i liked him so much. His stories were unbelievable. perhaps not that factual, but heck they're stories.

it was a little more than a year ago we had him at our Flipper City xmas party. we took him to diner and spent the night at Flipper City and next day at my house with him. it seems like it was only yesterday. i wish more people attended that event, but sometimes you can lead a horse to water, but they just won't drink. (or you can build it but that doesn't mean they will come.) Anyway pictures below are from out December 2012 flipper city xmas party. Python seemed to have a good time. I know we did! And man can that guy drink beer... and his stories got better as the beer flowed. it was an amazing time.

pythonanghelo1.jpgpythonanghelo1.jpg
PythonAnghelo2.jpgPythonAnghelo2.jpg
PythonAnghelo3.jpgPythonAnghelo3.jpg
PythonAnghelo4.jpgPythonAnghelo4.jpg
pythonanghelo5-722.jpgpythonanghelo5-722.jpg
PythonAnghelo6.jpgPythonAnghelo6.jpg
PythonAnghelo8.jpgPythonAnghelo8.jpg
PythonAnghelo9.jpgPythonAnghelo9.jpg
PythonAnghelo11.jpgPythonAnghelo11.jpg

#88 10 years ago

Thanks to everyone posting photos & memories.

#89 10 years ago

R.I.P Python.

#90 10 years ago

Terrible news. I'm so glad I got to meet him, listen to him tell stories, talk to him, and get my picture taken with him at Flipper City last year. He'll be missed something awful, but I'm happy to see his art and creativity living on in so many of our most cherished pinball machines.

Rest in peace Python, there will never be another quite like you!

#92 10 years ago

Aww man this sucks. I never met the man but feel like he was an old friend nevertheless. The first pinball machine I can remember playing was Pin-Bot. I personally am glad a man like Python created so many classics for me to grow up playing and will always be grateful for so many great memories on so many titles he helped bring to life.

Tonight I will have a beer and play a few rounds of Pin-Bot and his Bride in his honor. RIP Python Anghelo, you will live on forever in so many players minds and on so many playfields.

#93 10 years ago

What a blessing it was to have such a creative genius in the pinball world. Can you imagine pinball without his fingerprint? I can't.
When I go to Allentown and see a Pinbot sitting in the flea market, I'll now think of Python, where as before I would think how iconic and just plain awesome that game makes you feel.
His stamp on pinball was so outside the box, and that always made whatever game he worked on special.
I wish I could comment more on the man, but the stories and love from people make it feel like he was well known, respected and just a good man.
God bless him, thoughts and prayers to his family.

#94 10 years ago

Met him at expo this year. He stopped by to check out my custom game and gave me advice on how to approach the artwork: "don't over do it, keep it simple and clean"

#95 10 years ago

I will never forget seeing him get into the pinball hall of fame at expo a few years ago. However, he was already in it as far as everyone else was concerned. RIP

Most interesting speech I have ever heard.

#96 10 years ago

I have proposed this on a few Facebook groups but anyone bringing a Python pin to MGC we should set up a section or row. I never met the man but his art and designs will live forever. I think Dan maybe a bit busy so if I could organize something I would be more than happy to help.

Danny

#97 10 years ago

Thanks for pinbot! One of the all time greats.

#98 10 years ago

I'm glad you're no longer suffering, Python.

#99 10 years ago

Condolences to all of his family and friends. Rest in Peace.

#100 10 years ago

such a great talent. he will be missed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Kingston, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
RobTune

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/python-anghelo-has-passed-away/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.