New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 80469)

Python Anghelo could use our thoughts and prayers.

By PinballInc

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinballInc
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pythonandpaul.JPG
    python.jpg
    badcatsfront.jpg
    pinball8.JPG
    pinball17.JPG
    pinball18.JPG
    pinball27.JPG
    pinball50.JPG
    IMG_20131030_131003_001-520.jpg

#1 6 years ago

One of the greats is in a battle for his life. He has been having good days and not so good days. Every time it looks like he's down for the count he gets back up. His good days always seem to correspond with visits and pinball related correspondences. All of this has basically been kept quiet at his request but at this point it would really help if the pinball community would keep him in their thoughts and prayers. He is currently at home, if you would like to correspond or send him well wishes by mail his address is:

Python Anghelo
    5030 N. Marine Dr.
    Apt. 2512
    Chicago, IL 60640

It is a true tragedy that two members and key components (Barry and Python) to the great games of Comet, Pinbot, Big Cats, Grand Lizard, Hurricane, Jokerz, Police Force are going through such tough times. My best to both of them!

#2 6 years ago

So sorry to hear of this. Python is a creative genius whose body of work is amazing. I will definitely drop him a line and let him know how much the pin world appreciates him.

#3 6 years ago

Man... this is tough. Thoughts and prayers on the way.~SpOoKy

#4 6 years ago

I had a few pulls of whiskey with Python last year. He is a pinball legend.

#5 6 years ago

One of the truly great minds, artists, and talents of pinball. Hope he gets better.

#6 6 years ago

Comet is my personal "Holy Grail" pin. So sorry to hear of your struggles! I pray for strength in your quest to recover from your illness. Hang in there! Any day above ground is a good day! Later.....BigB

IMG_20131030_131003_001-520.jpg
    #7 6 years ago

Shared. Thanks for the heads up.

#8 6 years ago

If you haven't listened to the podcast interviews of Python, treat yourself to them. There are a few on his web site, and a few elsewhere. He's a brilliant artist.

Get well Python!

Thank you for all you've done to help me smile more with: Cyclone, Grand Lizard, and Taxi...

much love,
    -mof

#9 6 years ago

Python and Barry, we're pulling for you both. Keep on truckin!

#10 6 years ago

Thoughts and prayers to both Python and Barry - wishing both health and getting through this challenge. Thank you to both for all you do for the pinball community!

#11 6 years ago

Sorry to hear. Makes me miss Bad Cats even more.

#12 6 years ago

Our thoughts go out to Python, he would stop by the club from time to time, always gracious, usually had a joke or two to share and would generously sign any of his artwork, Python is a very colorful guy always has an interesting and informative story about his days as an artist for Williams.
    Here are a few pictures of Python at the club.
    What a guy he is, I look forward to his getting better and coming for another Visit.
    thanks Python

pinball50.JPG pinball27.JPG pinball18.JPG pinball17.JPG pinball8.JPG
    #13 6 years ago

So sorry to hear this. Of course, I'll do anything I can to support one of our own. Thanks very much for letting us know.

#14 6 years ago

Sorry to here this, over the past year or so I got to speak to him a few times; he always has some great stories and is never timid about sharing them....
    I love the one about the artwork on Joust the pinball machine and a lot of neat details about Pinball Circus.
    He is definitely on a whole different plane when it comes to imagination. I wish more of his visions came to realization;
    Pinball Circus, to me, still blows my mind whenever I get a chance to play it.

My best goes out to you Python!
    Scott
    Detroit Pinball

#15 6 years ago

I've met Python a few times and he is an Incredible human, i'm gonna go get him a card tomorrow, Get well soon to him and Barry I wish them both the best.

Joe(acejedi)

#16 6 years ago

Does he have an email we can send our messages along? Jpop

#17 6 years ago

Python is such a great pinball character. He takes thinking outside the box to extremes and pushes innovation. I hope he returns to the good days and wish him all the best.

#18 6 years ago

Hmm.. Might be time for the first hand-written note I've written in a decade. Thanks. -S

#19 6 years ago
    Quoted from jpop:

Does he have an email we can send our messages along? Jpop

Yes, I didn't want to give it until I asked him first. It's Pythonanghelo at yahoo dot com.

Currently he is where he wants to be, at home resting among his creative works and his artist tools. Remarkably he still manages to occasionally get out of bed and sit at his drawing table and do some incredible sketches and game ideas.

#20 6 years ago

My prayers go out to him...he is awesome !

#21 6 years ago

prayers to him for sure, I hope he gets better, I was looking forward to meeting him at the Ohio show this year. hope he feels better!

#22 6 years ago

Was thrilled to see him speak at Expo 2012 when they wheeled him in on a stretcher like Hannibal Lector. His answer to my question was 30 minutes long and hilarious, in which he called me a pervert and child molester. Best wishes to you Python. I swear I can see you somewhere on the PF of the Comet.

#23 6 years ago

I cannot compare the artwork he did on Bride of Pinbot to any other pin. Truely a great artist and designer. Best wishes to Python and hope everything turns out for the best.

#24 6 years ago

Like Python says, "It's crazy, man.". May he get well! I'm glad he's at home resting and has impacted enough people through his work that he has so many kind people surrounding him. You're a great guy, James! Thanks for letting us know and thanks for looking out for the legend that is The Pinball Python.

Godspeed to good health, Python.

#25 6 years ago

Shot him an email thanking him for all of his contributions e.t.c. and wishing him well. Great guy!

P.S. Thanks for the heads up w/ contact info

#26 6 years ago

Card sent! I hope many of you Pinsiders will do the same!

#27 6 years ago

Bumping to keep this thread active.

badcatsfront.jpg
    #28 6 years ago

ive met Python last year at the michigan pinball expo 2013

he is an great guy and warmhearted person,
    and most of all an very talented artist guy which is 1 of the greatest pinball artist of all time!

my prayers goes out to you python, i wish u good health! cheers Roy

python.jpg

#29 6 years ago

I've had the great pleasure to get to know him on a very personal level over the past couple years. I'm very grateful to call him a dear friend and I am fortunate that I'm able to visit with him often.

As James mentioned, every time it appears he may be down for the count, he fights back and keeps going. It's quite amazing and inspirational to see.

Here is a photo of us at Pinball Expo 2013 where he gave me one of his crazy hats. I have some other crazy photos of him and I, but I fear the thread could be locked if I let them out in the wild.

Paul

pythonandpaul.JPG

#30 6 years ago

Bump for one of the greats.

#31 6 years ago

Great guy. Hope he get better.

#32 6 years ago

just a fantastic artist!!! pins are just as beautiful to look at s they are to play. I wish he would do some artwork for JJP or Stern in the future.

#33 6 years ago

Just mailed out a postcard to him!

#34 6 years ago

this is bad news. I've had many of extensive conversations with him over the past year or two. He likes to talk as much as I do, which makes our conversations very long. Wish him the best!

#35 6 years ago

Python does not hold back his opinions. If he had a Pinside account, he would have been banned by now.

People like this, always have my highest degree of respect.

Hope he gets well soon and gets Pinball Circus going like he promised years ago!

#36 6 years ago

Paul Kiefert has set up a fund raiser for Python. Python came to America from Romania when he was young. The only family he has remaining is his sister. His two loves in life are Pinball and America. Unfortunately his sister is unable to help Python so the only family he has remaining to help him is his Pinball Family. If you would like to donate here is the link:

http://www.gofundme.com/helppython

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Protection
    COINTAKER.COM
    Tools
    Troxel Repair
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 34.50
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 58.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Chrome Candy
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 22.00
    Electronics
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 625.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Electronics
    Docent Electronics
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 16.95
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 10.00
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Boards
    nvram.weebly.com
    $ 89.99

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside