(Topic ID: 62749)

Pyramid Pinball @ the Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids, MI - On-Site Video Footage

By dfsays

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by dfsays
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo-2_copy.JPG
    DSC01177.JPG
    DSC01183.JPG
    DSC01181.JPG
    #1 10 years ago

http://pyramidschemebar.com/event/pinball-pyramid/

Video footage:

2nd annual Pyramid Pinball show & tournament is going down in Grand Rapids this weekend.

I've got a room at the Courtyard, which is only a 3 minute walk from the venue. Very excited!

I just wish the tournament was on Saturday instead of Sunday, as I'm bringing the family in from a couple hours outta town and have to be home in time to get the kid to bed for school.

Here's the most recent list of games that'll be on site:

Twilight Zone
    Attack from Mars
    Revenge from Mars...
    Theatre of Magic
    Medieval Madnress
    Metallica (pro)
    The Addams Family
    Lord of the Rings
    Cirqus Voltaire
    X-Men (Wolverine LE)
    Scared Stiff
    Tron
    Starship Troopers
    Creature from the Black Lagoon
    The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    World Cup Soccer '94
    The Getaway: High Speed 2
    Whitewater
    Jurassic Park
    Star Wars
    Elivira and the Party Monsters
    No Good Gophers
    Champion Pub
    Iron Man
    Terminator 2
    Judge Dredd
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    Gorgar
    High Speed
    Space Station
    Safecracker
    F-14 Tomcat
    Whirlwind
    Bad Cats
    Black Knight 2000
    Fire
    Millionaire
    Funhouse
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Doctor Who
    Space Invaders
    Checkpoint
    Hurricane

I'm jacked for Elivira and the Party Monsters, No Good Gophers, and Champion Pub, but the older pins like Space Invaders, Black Knight, and Gorgar have me in a good mood too.

Wish my truck got better gas mileage so I could bring my near mint DH with me.

#2 10 years ago

I'll be there! Any word on which games will be in the tournament?

#3 10 years ago

I was wondering the same thing.

#4 10 years ago

So pumped for this! I was going to bring my Abra-Ca-Dabra but it not quite where it needs to be mechanically yet. Looks like theres plenty of machines still! Where are they going to put them all?

Very excited to get in my Judge Dredd and BK2K fix!

#5 10 years ago

Wish I could make it there this weekend, but I'm too busy..

Hope you all have a great time!!!!

-Todd.

#6 10 years ago

Unfortunately, no Bad Cats at the show this weekend, it isnt going to make it. It has been replaced with Funhouse.

Mb

#7 10 years ago

Hey guys. I'm the organizer of this event. Hard to believe it's 2 days away already!

Glad to see some out of town Pinsiders are coming out to the show. It's going to be a great time! Hopefully some of you will be playing in the tournament on Sunday as well.

My friend Nik & I were live on Tuesday mornings show on FOX17 talking about the Pinball Pyramid show. Nik is a much better public speaker than I am so I'm glad he came with me, heh. Here is the link:

http://video.fox17online.com/Pinball-at-The-Pyramid-Scheme-25150276

Also, here is an updated list of what machines will be at the show.

Twilight Zone
    Attack From Mars
    Revenge From Mars
    Medieval Madnress
    Metallica
    The Addams Family
    Lord of the Rings
    Tales of the Arabian Nights
    X-Men (Wolverine LE)
    Scared Stiff
    Tron
    Starship Troopers
    The Machine: Bride of Pinbot
    The Simpsons Pinball Party
    Star Trek: The Next Generation
    The Getaway: High Speed 2
    Whitewater
    Jurassic Park
    Star Wars
    No Good Gophers
    Champion Pub
    High Speed
    Black Sheep Squadron
    Blackout
    Cirqus Voltaire
    Safecracker
    F-14 Tomcat
    Jungle Queen
    Whirlwind
    Funhouse
    Black Knight 2000
    Fire
    Millionaire
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Doctor Who
    Mario Andretti
    Raven
    Checkpoint
    Hurricane
    AC/DC Premium
    Spiderman
    Gladiators
    Lost World
    Grand Lizard
    Orbitor 1
    Caveman
    Spring Break
    Freedom (EM)

Thank you so much to the guys that are bringing machines and helping with setup and tear down. It wouldn't be possible without you!

Be sure and introduce yourself if you come out. I'll be the guy fixing machines and running the tournament on Sunday.

#8 10 years ago

I bought the 2 day pass, what a steal! If anyone is near GR definitely try to make it out today. Great setup. Major props to debaser for setting this up. So nice to have something on this side of the state. Really hope this can happen more often.

#9 10 years ago

Might be able to make it there today depending on the hours of the show. Does it start at NOON or at 2pm? Thanks.

#10 10 years ago

Btw, if you're on the fence on going... I went last night, it's in the concert area of pyramid scheme. It's an awesome place to play pinball in! All games played very well and weren't pitched to drain the ball, so every game was fun to play. If I lived closer I'd go there today.

#11 10 years ago

I'm sure that I'm just pointing out the obvious, but since I've never heard of the Pyramid Scheme, I must ask anyway. Is the name "Pyramid Scheme" a tribute to (or is it spoofing, for that matter) the big pyramid scheme known as Amway Corporation, which is based in Grand Rapids and its giant con artist, billionaire owner, Dick DeVos?

#12 10 years ago

A few pics from yesterday.

DSC01181.JPGDSC01181.JPG DSC01183.JPGDSC01183.JPG DSC01177.JPGDSC01177.JPG

#13 10 years ago

Spent all day there yesterday. Every game plays great, Lotta fun. Steal at $10.

#14 10 years ago

Another great pinball event in Michigan.

Pinwars at B's Bowling in Flint is later this month and then the Pinball Museum in Ann Arbor is coming before the end of the year. 2013 has been a great year for pinball in Michigan.

Congrats to everyone that put on Pyramid Pinball. It was awesome.

#15 10 years ago

Glad to hear you guys had a great time! I did my best to make it a show that everyone could enjoy. Thanks again to Tsskinne for bringing the Spring Break (I had a blast on that machine!), to djblouw for bringing WHO dunnit and Gladiators (congrats on the Fire purchase!) and to everyone else who brought machines and helped with setup and tear down. And thanks to everyone who came out to the show and enjoyed some great pinball and perhaps a few tasty brews.

It was a long 4 days of removing pins from people's basements, loading them in the truck, unloading them in the venue, setting up, fixing machines, running tournaments on Saturday & Sunday, and then tearing down and moving machines back to their owners houses. It was exhausting and I've got the bruises to prove it but it was all worth it. It's a labor of love for sure.

Rodney

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

I'm sure that I'm just pointing out the obvious, but since I've never heard of the Pyramid Scheme, I must ask anyway. Is the name "Pyramid Scheme" a tribute to (or is it spoofing, for that matter) the big pyramid scheme known as Amway Corporation, which is based in Grand Rapids and its giant con artist, billionaire owner, Dick DeVos?

Nailed it. Pyramid Scheme owner digging it into the West Michigan "establishment"

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from dfsays:

» YouTube video
    Another great pinball event in Michigan.
    Pinwars at B's Bowling in Flint is later this month and then the Pinball Museum in Ann Arbor is coming before the end of the year. 2013 has been a great year for pinball in Michigan.
    Congrats to everyone that put on Pyramid Pinball. It was awesome.

Nice vid. You actually caught me entering initials into Star Wars at 1:31!! 222 million I think...

-Tim

#18 10 years ago

Thanks again debaser for helping move our machines.

Here's some pics of the machines being dismantled in the garage, ready to be moved back home!

photo-2_copy.JPGphoto-2_copy.JPG

#19 10 years ago

The only thing about Pyramid Pinball is that it is a little too dark for me in there. Once my eyes adjusted, it wasn't too bad... but a little more light would've been appreciated.

However, I'm spoiled in that I have track light spotlights over my machines at home.

Keep up the great work and I hope attend again next year.

Btw, who ended up winning the tournament? I had to leave before the finale, but it looked like Trent was at the head of the pack. He had a crazy high qualifying score on AC/DC!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pyramid-pinball-at-the-pyramid-scheme-in-grand-rapids-mi-this-weekend and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.