Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pACE3-14644386enh-z7.jpg
    Putty.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Which is the best putty or substance to hold figures in place on a pinball machine. And where would you buy it ?

#3 9 years ago

I used that based on a previous recommendation and my shit all fell off my Congo when my shaker went off. The f-ing volcano killed all the wildlife! So I just bagged it all up and returned it back to Michaels. Screw the World Wildlife Federation.

#4 9 years ago

Loctite 406 super glue works very well (used sparingly that is), although i would take precautions to not get any on your playfield !!

#5 9 years ago

Silly Putty?

Sorry, couldn't resist...

#6 9 years ago

I dunno about that putty, but definitely do NOT use the "museum wax" they sell...man that stuff is CRAP and I swear to god it has a melting point around 70 degrees F.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I used that based on a previous recommendation and my shit all fell off my Congo when my shaker went off. The f-ing volcano killed all the wildlife! So I just bagged it all up and returned it back to Michaels. Screw the World Wildlife Federation.

I have the Quakehold putty holding down figures in my R&B, LOTR, and TSPP, and some problematic 555 bulbs and have never had one shake loose.

YMMV.

RussM

#8 9 years ago

Thanks guys. $3.97 in the US and $12.50 here in Canada all from Amazon, what a deal up here lol

#9 9 years ago

I like this Putty...
    Putty.jpgPutty.jpg

#10 9 years ago

I HAVE USED THE BLUE POSTER PUTTY

#11 9 years ago

Hot Glue is usually 100% reversible, and what I use.....

Museum putty, wont work, and any heat, will melt it fast.
    Sticky tack is OK, but not clear, and much thicker.
    Command strip glue, the same.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hot Glue is usually 100% reversible, and what I use.....
    Museum putty, wont work, and any heat, will melt it fast.
    Sticky tack is OK, but not clear, and much thicker.
    Command strip glue, the same.

Hot glue did not hold my lightcycles....tried valiantly, and snapped off the plastics with not much shaking. : P

#13 9 years ago

Dont know, perhaps the thread title might be on how others have mounted light cycles in Tron.

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont know, perhaps the thread title might be on how others have mounted light cycles in Tron.

Just using it as an example. Hot glue won't handle things in high vibration areas either....unless you're willing to sand your plastics to give it some bite. I wasn't..and those Tron ramp plastics, especially the rear one, flap all over the freaking place. I gave up and went back to zip ties.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

others have mounted light cycles in Tron.

Two sided mounting tape.

#16 9 years ago

What and where are you mounting is important.
    Try to bolt it on, then try to zip tie or otherwise fasten, glue would be a last course of action.

Although none of my pins have figures to hook to it.

#17 9 years ago

No putty, no drill, no glue, no JB weld.
    Just this.
    pACE3-14644386enh-z7.jpgpACE3-14644386enh-z7.jpg

#18 9 years ago

So many choices Ive got that tape which ill give it a try

#19 9 years ago

That Scotch extreme tape has impressive hold, although I've never used it in pinball.

RM

#20 9 years ago

I now use Aleene's Tacky Craft Putty and have not experienced any issues. Holds great and comes off easy (without leaving any residue behind) if you want to remove something later. Works way better than the hot glue I used to use.

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from RussMyers:

That Scotch extreme tape has impressive hold, although I've never used it in pinball.

I used it once at the advice of a friend that has used it on pinball machines a bunch. To mount the light cycles on my Tron LE. Worked perfect.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/putty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.