Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by northvibe
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2011-10-23_20.50.19.jpg
    2011-10-23_15.36.31.jpg
    2011-10-23_15.36.23.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 12 years ago

So I may be buying a pin machine today. If I do get it, I need to pick it up Sunday. But all I have in my car fleet big enough is a Ford Escape. Cabinet is a F-14 Tomcat. I looked at the manual and the backglass can fold down. Are the legs easy to remove? Should the pin always be upright? Any tips on transporting it? I was going to bring blankets and such to protect the glass. But I don't know how the legs attach exactly.

#4 12 years ago

This is about 150 or so miles from my house. Are the pinballs easy to remove? I'll bring some sockets and tools for the legs! thanks for the sizes

#8 12 years ago
    Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pinballs are easy to remove. Just lift glass.

So like this?
    http://www.pinball-fixers.com/PINBALL-BASICS/how-to-open-a-pinball-machine.html

Then they should be under the glass?

Ah jar155 good point. I'll do that.

Hellodeadcity - HA! good tip. I'll snag some pvc. With the backglass folded down, there should be room, easy.

#14 12 years ago

well the price went a little too high for my taste. So I didnt get F14 but I'm still looking at other options. I'll remember all the tips though, thanks!

4 weeks later
    #15 12 years ago

Ok so I'll be getting WW gottlieb 1995 I think this weekend. I have the money at least...ready. I'll being some pvc to slide it in and I have my ratchet set...and a few blankets. Hope this works out!

#17 12 years ago

Well I think most backglasses fold down, so I think it would fit in your rav4.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from futurepinhead:

Yeah if I fold it down it will fit in, but to make the way to my bedroom it is going to have to go up the stairs. The pin is 27 3/4 wide and my doorway is 28 1/4. now the weird part is that my doorway is at the 90 degree turn. So to make it through there I am going to have to take the backbox off completely and actually load it on the dolly sideways where it will be much thinner.

OHHhh now it makes sense. Ya you may have to unplug the backbox but ya it should come off.

Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have a ford Escape and I moved a pin no problem! It was a williams Hurricane by the way. What you do is move the table with all the legs still on it to the back of the car - then have someone lift the back end of the machine and remove only those back two legs, then set the back end of the machine onto the back end of the truck. Then have the person lift the front end of the machine while you remove the other two legs. Then push it in. I was super worried about moving one at first but it is no big deal.

oh good to know. Ya its scary the first time :s Hope it goes well!

#22 12 years ago

It fit great into the escape! I used 4 short pcv tubes as rollers (thats how the guy I bought it from helped me load....) and it rolled right in. Was lots of room on the sides and front/back. It did block my view from the rear view mirror, but I make sacrifices

2011-10-23_15.36.23.jpg2011-10-23_15.36.23.jpg 2011-10-23_15.36.31.jpg2011-10-23_15.36.31.jpg 2011-10-23_20.50.19.jpg2011-10-23_20.50.19.jpg

#24 12 years ago
    Quoted from dvandentop:

LOL the guy i bought my White Water from said he had a guy who fit a damn pin in his pontiac sunbird somehow !

hahah wHAT?! He must of left some door, trunk or hatch open!

I have a cobalt SS but I didnt want the pin hanging out of the trunk hahah.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/putting-pinball-cabinet-in-suv?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.