Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
#1 9 years ago

This is driving me nuts!
I took the idol off, the yellow plastic and the motor below to clean them all.
Now when I put the idol back onand tighten the set screw to the flat part of the motor post, the idol seems to sit too low - so balls can't enter it (see photo). If I lift the idol up to make room for the ball, it will no longer tighten onto the motor post as the set screw is now too high.
I thought maybe the motor post is sitting too low, but it looks the same as a 'before photo' I took - about half an inch above the yellow plastic - and I don't think there's any way to make it higher anyway as the motor below the playfield is screwed in properly.
I'm sure there's an obvious solution but I've been working on this for an hour and it's killing me!
Please help somebody!!

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#2 9 years ago

It's been a while since I have removed mine, but is there a c-clip anywhere along that shaft?

I've removed two of those, and had no issue putting it back together, so I think you might have missed something.

#3 9 years ago

No, pretty sure there was nothing like that. It definitely fells like I've missed something though

#4 9 years ago

I am sure this isn't the case but any chance when you mounted the motor bracket on the underside of the playfield that there is something in between the bracket and where it mounts flush against the playfield (such as a wire, etc)? If so, there may be just enough of a gap to create the problem you speak about.

#5 9 years ago

make sure the yellow plastic bowl piece isn't sitting too high. Screws come in through the bottom and the feet on this should be flush against the pf, no washers.

#6 9 years ago

Have not had this apart for a long time but if I remember right there is a certain orientation to the piece. A certain idol face needs to be a certain direction in respect to the ball catch and home slot.

It is possible like loren says that something like a wire screw or nut is obstructing the placement just enough to not sit down were it is supposed to.

#7 9 years ago

When you remove the idol, you must replace its mass with something of exact equal weight or the shaft will sink down and all hell will break loose...

Sorry - I could not resist!

#8 9 years ago

Haha - thanks for the suggestions. I'll take another look tonight and probably take the whole bugger apart again (the only danger is my wife who gives me stink eye every time I disappear into the pinball room - no poison arrows though at least)

#9 9 years ago

Worked it out - schoolboy error. I had reattached the 3 way metal bracket to the idol the wrong way up - so that the central bit was sitting into the idol, not out of it. Kind of obvious now, I should have examined the diagram in the manual closer...
Thanks for help anyway guys. Almost dialled my Indy in finally now, all LEDded up, modded up (bi-plane propeller, lost plastic with lights, jackpot lights) and cleaned and waxed.

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

#10 9 years ago

Glad you found what was hanging you up. Enjoy IJ very fun game.

#11 9 years ago

That moment of "ooooh! I'm a fool!" been happening to me recently with coil brackets
Glad ya sorted it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

14,000 (OBO)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
12,500 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/putting-ij-indiana-jones-idol-back-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.